Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: samin6

Episode 63 :
Just thinking of what NK said- Yeh pyaar andha hone ki saath saath stupid hota hain
I once saw a movie by Rajesh Khanna called Avishkar and there is a line in the movie -- Hum yeh nehi jaante sab muhabbat se itna nafrat kiyun karte hain. And another- Hum nehi jaante humne muhabbat kyun ke hain.  meaning " I do not know why people hate love." and in another " I do not know why I fell in love." So of course was thinking of ARSHI in the last moment. However in this case it is not the parents who hate love- it is our beloved ARSHI themselves who are hating the love the have for each other.
Ironically- They both know they fell in love with each other but when do the confess- Not a single time in normal circumstances.  And guess what they do- exactly the thing to prove the other person right and what they want.Before coming to Raizada mansion Khushi was thinking what Arnav said- Tum Jaise Ladkiya - paiso ke liye. So she did that- for the money she owed Anjali- She came.And Arnav knows Khushi- She does not want to love him or come in his house, so in a second he saw her he knew that Di has bought her here and called Di. He orders her out because he knew then that Khushi came because of some Majboori enforced on her by his di.
 Ironically- Usually it is the family which makes a couple in love fall apart. Here they do not even want to be togather but at the same time can not stay away.

--I hope you have watched Jab we met and what Kareena's granddad says " In my age a look is enough to understand the chemistry between a couple." Was thinking of the movie when heart Nani talking with Laxmi jee and saying that she is trying to hook Khushi with Arnav.

--I think I watched all the premonitions of ARSHI to see exactly what is different in Arnav's premonition of Khushi and Khushi's premonition of Arnav. It is just different.
 From Arnav's view point- We know the mighty ASR does not speak his feelings out. So when his heart started the talking- he was using his brain to answer. First premonition- in the office he when Khushi came he was so shocked even his brain had stopped working, second premonition- he said woh yaha nehi hain, third - Woh yaha nehi hain- it is impossible.  But increasing vocabulary only happened when he realized using his dimaag that he loves khushi- with a thing in his psyche which he never uses called dil.  So because his dil was used only for Khushi he instantaneously knew the difference. He knew when Khushi was near, and later on that increased and he knew where she is as he went to find her after dropping her off in the middle of the road, when she was absent  during the hate marriage like after Heer Ranjha and what she wants during the aaogi jab tum ho sajna song. He had used his brain to read Khushi's heart and so he was actually successful.
The premonition- He knew it was Khushi even though it was dark and she was having her back at him.
 From Khushi's view point :She was a person who uses her heart, so I think her heart was a little over worked thinking of her Di, Ma, Dad and so was delaying analyzing her feelings for Arnav after the mannat ke chabi thing.She was always brushing away as if scared of even analyzing or saying a work about her feelings for him. We never saw her say a word until the Holi to him. She connected her premonitions as her thinking of him not him being near, after all she was in his house and in his office. Even when she did she did not connect this to love. When she did connect this to love, she first realized that Arnav loved her so was working according to what he wanted because she also knew Arnav does not work with his heart so does not know love- and she was damned if she ever was going to tell that to him. She said she was going to Lucknow because he could not stand her, she could not leave for Lucknow because she knew he does not want her to be away, she came to Raizada house but said she does not want to see him- because that is what he wanted too - she is there but not when he is there.
The premonition- She knew it was him because heard him call La.  But she has not yet linked her premonition to his proximity.

hi samin,
lovely deep dive into their dil and dimag and why they do what they do. have seen avishkar, don't remember the line, also jab we met. enjoyed the connections. jo tum mehsoos lkarti ho, jo main mehsoos karta hoon, hamari dhakane ek ho jaati hai, both are headed toward this state nicely. i liked the way you interpret why neither is willing to recognise this nor accept it.

indi52 thumbnail

episode 61
they met. and the sparks flew. thus began an all new love story. no question, it was impossible to give it any name. shades were taken off with flair, off centre plait swung in style. eyes threw fire, lips slashed, hips swayed menacingly. neither could leave the other well alone. from the very moment they met.

she said in charming colloquial vein, "kaun ho nand kissore?"

she said in chaste englissiya, "no no nand kissore naahin, raijada hain."

"hum bua hain," bua i am, roared the larger than life madhumati devi.

"
arre tum bua ho, toh hum mami hain," oi if you're bua, i'm also mami... shot back gaudier than rolled gold manorama raizada, stating her claim to high status and extreme importance.

the lovers started off with a tiff, as is the way of ipk. there was the ubiquitous "mu" too, the misunderstanding. mami thought bua was phati saree's mummy; i wonder what  enraged bua more, the phati saree alias for khushi or being called a mother. childless widow that she is, she is naturally sensitive about being mistaken for a mom. but the sweetness of it was she was also wild about her niece being called torn saree. so very typically family, buaji is allowed to call khushi sanaka devi, parmeswari, chatori, maharani, titaliya, whatever; but how dare an outsider!

khushi came in the nick of time and saved us from world war III. the girls were surprised to see anjali and mami at their humble door.

but bua was having none of mami's snottiness. even as the girls invited the guests in, a barb had to be thrown, she sniggered at mami's excessive gold, i thought you were a walking talking ad for jewellery, "
e to kauno jebaran ka chalta phirta bigyapan haye."

mami got ready for round two.

but the real game was starting elsewhere. consumer companies often speak of putting the thing they want people to go out and grab, "within arms reach of desire." well, anjali in red rose scattered saree reminding me of her mother, had come to do precisely that: put khushi within striking distance of asr. of course, she had no idea that that's what she was doing, all she wanted to do was make sure that somehow lavanya became acceptable to nani and so could continue to live in shantivan with chhotey. for if nani threw la out, chhotey would leave home too.
interesting, how all sorts of things were coming into play, only to make sure khushi would reach the right place. you could say dm had planned it so. or the storyteller got it really right this time; and threw in just enough hints to suggest the hand of something from outside and above in this intricate game.

i have heard the writers of ipk mention that when the office track looked like it wasn't really suitable for the wide target audience
of ipk, it was decided to move the scene of action to raizada house, his home. and they had to come up with a good idea to achieve this. i have to say, i enjoyed their managing of the track. later when shyam had to be brought back, i'm afraid, i found the ploy most uninspired, pretty off key.

and so it was that a "prastav" was placed by a concerned sister and duly rejected by a girl of 18 with plenty self respect. although by now she was sure she couldn't leave delhi, but she had no idea why.

the negotiations continued, but the girl seemed resolute. the mami was relieved and got down to another bout with the bua. who gave a full throated love call, "
na humri sari phutee hai na humri mitthai khattee hai." neither is my saree torn, nor have my sweets gone sour. their was talk of "raijada circus" where girls are trained like animals. buaji, full marks for the observation. i am with you in this. and i am shocked that asr didn't put a stop to this training programme, but i have a feeling clever touches have been added to make sure we get comfortable with it all as we go along.

suddenly on the circus issue, a moment of hearts meeting between the new lovers. mamiji on cue, yes it is a circus but it has only on "babbar sher" big lion, her mil. so who's the clown, asks bua, could it be the lady before her?

and the battle resumes.

their most delightfully campy endeavour was ably supported by two of raju singh's cutest signatures for the two inimitable ones, "baba o baba" chimed the bootiphool lady's piece, and the very difficult to give a name to but let's call it "eee awww eee awww" sang for battleaxe bua.

as centre stage sizzles with proposals and snarks, off stage in a shady corner skulks the cretin. scared his wife might catch him. terrified his little extramarital play will be disturbed. between the setting, the stance, and shyam, a perfect match. this is what people like him do. can you imagine asr hiding like this, even if he were having an extramarital fling? character... it is indeed destiny.

he sat there looking fixedly at his laptop, the little piano melody lighting up the scene said, his mind was on other things. no people... actually, a person to be precise.

la walked in with promises of really trying hard and winning over all the raizadas, "sabka dil jeetke rahoongi." he said just keep di happy.
"agar di khush nahin hai toh kuch theek nahin hai. main di ke khushi ke liye kuch bhi kar sakta hoon." if di isn't happy then nothing is ok, i'll do anything for her happiness. ok, writers, i get the point. a bit hard on a new girl frirnd though. still she asked, "par ek baat batao... di ke elava tumhare life mein aur koi important nahin hai?" but tell me something, beside di, is there anyone in your life whom you consider important?

straight to khushi went his dil, his dimaag, everything.

guest house and the night rages, khushi in a corner, he catches her hand and pulls her up... that elemental moment when she looks at him hair flying, storm blowing through them both, were they here or in some other time space eternity?

a girl in a red saree, beautiful, eyes full of complaint and brimming with tears. flashes of her rain, they pour without even needing to think... store room, she turns at the window walking away from him, her dupatta wraps around him.

"batao na, asr," tell me, asr, la persists, still hoping.

he is lost in another world... returns slowly..

"hai aur koi?" is there anyone else?

"nahin... aur koi nahin hai."
no... no one else.

why did asr not say what his insides clearly told him? why this need to run away? to hide? isn't that what i just said he'd never do? not like him. not like him at all. obviously, khushi was reaching places no one else had, and that was unnerving for this man who'd done much to create his faraq nahin padta thick, impenetrable wall.

you have all the guns nani wants in a bahu, everything nani wants in a daughter in law of the fam, khushi has, it seems. but.

khushi can't accept the offer. she doesn't want to work where there's asr. period. non negotiable. what happened between the two of you, wonders anjali. looks like there's no way to change khushi's mind. till anjali remembers. the contract! either work for the raizadas and train la, khushi, or pay rupees one lakh. oh, the leap in anjali's delivery of that "ek lakhh." she knows instinctively, she's got her ace, this game is hers now. for a little while we see the determined, ziddi streak of anjali. nice.

khushi is shocked. aaargh, that laad governor's sis is just like him. shyam returns and pipes up he will take her responsibility. huh? who be you to do that, hai re nand kissore? shyam offers to give khushi the money. anjali gives her a day to make her decision. khushi is in a quandary.

who is important to you?
who is the one who can take your responsibility?
who has all the qualities of a good wife?
who hears the music of your payal in a silent night?

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
episode 62 coming up.

in the strangest of way, they were alike.

when anjali left that afternoon, khushi was absolutely shaken. an impossible ultimatum loomed: either work for us at rm and train lavanya, or pay the money you owe ar. rupees one lakh. 

nowadays in india i constantly hear about lakhs and lakhs of rupees as though this has become an easy sum to all, our "scams" feel embarrassed to be worth anything less than at the very least a couple of thousand crores. a lakh being equal to 100,000 or a hundred thousand, and a crore, one hundred times that, 10 million to be precise.

but the truth of the matter is, india is still full of families like khushi's where a lakh means much, sometimes means impossible. almost. so when a man you barely know but feel well disposed toward says, let me get it for you, takes a lot to say "no." your aunt is teary eyed with relief and urges you to grab the offer, for "ek taraf kuan hai, doosri taraf sakshat nandkissore." it's a deep well on one side and the lord himself on the other, according to buaji. somehow shyam even with his sweetest face on is the last one to evoke the thought of the eternal. but buaji was blinded by love. all she could see was a bridegroom for her little titaliya, nothing else. old eyes do get tricked sometimes, and what are these compared to nani's? even they couldn't spot the truth of this dark one. shyam, minus all connotations, just means black. nothing else.

"bada hi dhokebaaz hai yeh payr... baar baar ladkhada jaati hai." quite a scammer is this leg... keeps going off, becoming unsteady, says shyam as he feels a shooting pain and stumbles, and khushi rushes to help him and holds his shoulder. a very awkward moment, a sense of red heat around my ears at his lascivious enjoyment of her concern, her touch. eyes all soft and melting. not a shred of conscience does this man have, amoral in his being, all he cares about is what's in it for me. in certain parts of this world he'd be a great success. and in the way of a good scam his will be worth many people's happiness, their very sense of feeling whole and good. a real shyam scale scam. darkness in its core and every layer.

but today, the character that intrigued me most was khushi herself. we keep talking about her and asr being completely different from each other in every way. he dark, material oriented, believing money is power, atheist, arrogant, hard, unyielding. she light, emotionally intelligent, believing only in the hand of devi maiya, never money, charming, polite, malleable, gentle. even the show makers speak of opposites attracting, etc. 

however, for some time now, i've felt, yes, they had a lot that was different, but perhaps what called out from within them to each other was the instinctive recognition of what was essentially alike in them. two kids terribly hurt inside. both managing in their own way. but a quiet, hidden, hurting place within. oh khushi had hers too, despite her smile, in fact that smile was put there perhaps by that hurt. also the sunny nature, the creation of stars that are parents and more. they were really at a basic level voyagers of the same universe, they had seen and felt the same places, even if not together. they knew of a pain not many have known so they can't feel. their love of family and people they loved was born there and had the same kind of intensity. both had their insecurities and and both were in their own way akhdoo. khushi showed her worst side of it on his birthday and the best every time she held on for a good cause. he of course, behaved like he had a copyright on that trait.

and today i noticed something else about them that was exactly alike. not just asr...

khushi is a deal maker too.

in the true and real sense of the word. she doesn't back down when a problem comes, she negotiates. the basic instinct of a dealmaker. 

it was there in that very first scene of hers. a huge issue at hand, payal's in laws have asked for lots of extra dowry at the last minute, her father is going to mortgage the shop. there is no 18 year old girl i've come across, certainly not from a middle class, small town family who will devise a plan to tackle this, nick the deed of the shop, and set off on her scooter in wedding party finery, helmet and sneakers on, to talk it over with her to be bro-in-law. try and save the shop and her sister's future. that is not what sweet 18 year old girls do on the day of their elder sis's wedding, they busy themselves giggling, chatting, prettying themselves up. and however foolhardy it may seem, it says you don't want to be resigned to your fate, you want to talk, you want to make a deal. and you know that means, compromise, tempering expectations, stuff, but because you desire to see something done you are prepared to accept a few "adjustments."

just like asr, when life presented a lemon, she taught herself to make lemonade, sorry nimbu paani with lots of sugar for a sweet tongue and some chat masala for that extra zest. 

"if you can fill the unforgiving minute
with sixty seconds worh of distance run"

two lines from one of my favourite poems, rudyard kipling's "if." had written this poem way back for asr, for he had much of what is in the poem. but this quality even khushi has. when things get tough, she doesn't sit and cry, or resign and run, or throw tantrums of "i quit." she panics, she fears, she rages, then she chats with dm. her poolside is this little image of a goddess always within arms reach, it seems to me. what poolside often gives asr, dm gives khushi: a sense of connection with their inner self. to her she goes, worried, upset, whatever and seeks a way. as she closes her eyes and joins her palms, she descends into calm, gets in tune with herself, and hears her innermost being more clearly. and the way "comes" to her. feels like dm speaks. unhampered by fear, tension, material things, true and keen communication flows from her deepest self to her.

and so, completely racked by tension and trouble, she hears the ultimatum of anjali, then the offer by shyam. and then, surprisingly, asr's voice, "tum jaise log toh paiso ke liye..." why does she hear him? why does what he thinks or says matter? why did the instinctive deal maker decide to walk away from it all in a hot and bothered moment in a sunday afternoon store room. why was she ready to run, not deal? yet, wasn't she really assessing the situation? how she looked at him after throwing that line. and then in the most convoluted manner ever, she found a way out of her own decision to leave delhi and now it's, i'm not leaving delhi.

so what he thinks matters. she is all set it seems to just say, no. then she hears her mother's voice, speaking of the terrible financial difficulties at home. and she comes to her poolside.

next morning, when the bell rings at rm, it is no surprise. the deal maker is here. the tears and anxiety gone from her face. instead a resolution.

and a shart. a clause. this deal is going to have some advantage for her too. not everything his way. or anybody's. she speaks of "majboori" but she never lets her majboori break her spirit. a deal with that too. in fact, with dm also she jests often, get this done for me and i'll give you tonnes of prasad you like. i know these may not seem like real deals, but they are... an ongoing negotiation with life to keep pushing it the way you want it to go, while it pushes you to do what it wants. i love this attitude of ipk. there's a realism and a positivity and an active feel to it.

i admire this quality of khushi's in people. perhaps because i have too little of it. took me quite a while to understand, if you want to win in life, you gotta be prepared to play a bit. the very closed "this or nothing" attitude can actually come in the way of living a full and real life.

"kitne laddoo the"... mami and la are doing a girls' thing, la getting several laddoos for her laddoo making. anjali quakes and worries whether khushi will come or not. she has taken a most uncharacteristic dealmaker's stance here as her love for chhotey is involved and she will do what it takes to keep him from leaving home. nai sees the mess la makes and says, "ek taraf ee hai... aur doosri tarf khoosi... jo galti ma kiya hua kaam bhi... theek karat hai." at one end there's this one, at the other thee's khsuhi who even when she does something by mistake, she gets it to be right.

and so when khushi enters, and anjali explains, that she's here to train la, as nani won't let her or mami get involved, anjali thinks she's sweetly tricked nani. nani of course smiles and readily agrees to the idea. why that gracious and almost irrepressible smile on nani's face though, i wonder. in episode 63, the reason becomes clear.

shatir nani, more or less engineered the return of khushi. uff. now we know where the grandson gets that stubborn and clever streak from. so i like an idiot thought nani is going to take this i'll move in my cool gf to the family home thing lying down. watch out all, this is nani. don't mess with the babbar sher. another supreme deal maker among us. i adore such pragmatic, empowered yet gracious and feminine portrayal of women in media. this is not sick manipulation but a considered game playing to bring home a point that she genuinely believes is good for chhotey. she gains nothing from it, just saves her loved one from losing something. this is really sexy. and subversive. the opposite of the "come, walk all over me" women patriarchal societies have successfully created as an ideal. jayshree t is just so perfect in her role. she brings alive another time, and a grace women had without being obsequious. compared to her la looks old fashioned and highly submissive before a man. 

la, on hearing chamkili will teach her things, does the either or thing and says, she'll leave. nani is delighted, "hum janat rahe khushi ke kadam padte hi shubh kaam hoga," i knew the moment khushi stepped in good things would happen.
 anjali panicked.  

then the resolute one took over. "anjali ji, hum sambhalenge." anjali ji, i'll manage this. and she does. classic manoeuvre, the win win "phormoola." there's something in it for you, la, and something for me. shall we? 

"chamkili se samjhauta dono ka fayda." compromising with the situation/chamkili will profit both of us. give... take... win. smart girl.

la says, "deal."
today, this terribly good looking man appeared for half a second and said quarter of a thing, though everyone told us how much he disliked her and kept him in the picture. ok, we ge the point. and really, like or not, please show up in the same frame as her and devastate us. that's all. there's fayda in it for all.

in the rest of the news...
mami: "tumra heart tumse bahut e baat karat hai. humra heart ekdam mouni baba hai." 
your heart speaks a lot to you, mine is a silent hermit.
how to talk, mami, if you don't stop even for an instant?

mami: "ab aayi maja phati sari bherses chhote kapde matlab eashy bherses bhest..." oh it's gonna be fun, torn saree vs small clothes, east versus west...

bua: "dilli ki saari sadake oo raijada ke gharai jaake khatam hoti hai?" 
do all delhi roads end in raizada mansion? 
maybe not, but khushi's steps make all roads go there.

kunti, sita. did anjali kind of look at khushi as she corrected mami and said, "sita" not kunti? is this a hint of a trial by fire, an agni pariksha being dropped? i prefer to think it's about the extraordinary strength of sita who took a lot, but finally said "enough." in bengali, her call to mother earth to take her back after she'd been doubted by ram the "n"th time, "dharani deedha hao," earth, cleave open!... still gives me goose bumps.

wrote two days ago when i reserved this spot, every word still true ๐Ÿ˜‰ (and thanks to katelyn, now that i know what's on tonight, my heart is in complete dhak dhak state, acidity keen. main badtameez hoon poori duniya ke liye, lekin aap ke liye nahin or words to that effect, and how did he look exactly. tell you, the man was born to render my gender completely ineffective and permanently acidity struck.)
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi samin,
lovely deep dive into their dil and dimag and why they do what they do. have seen avishkar, don't remember the line,
also jab we met. enjoyed the connections. jo tum mehsoos lkarti ho, jo main mehsoos karta hoon, hamari dhakane ek ho jaati hai, both are headed toward this state nicely. i liked the way you interpret why neither is willing to recognise this nor accept it.

Hi Indi thanks. Sharmila Tagore says to Rajesh Khanna- Hum nehi jaante Sab Muhabbat se itna nafrat kyun Karte hain and Rajesh Khanna said that hum nehi jaante humne muhabbat kyun ke hain to Tagore's dad I think

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Good one wiwy! always โค๏ธ d that song! 
 ok you guys put me  yaadon ka mausam at work and @supriya's latest hotwa colloge and that Barun interview, i'm having the missing blues...also @Chalhov's song reminds me of the antaksri from "Maine pyaar kiya"... tis a day for yaadeien (and i also feel old, i was just little girl when "maine pyaar kiya" came out ๐Ÿ˜ญ).

Teri yaadon se doori behtar hai
Karti jeena yeh mushqil
Yeh woh baarish hai
Deti banjar hai
Bheeg ke hoga kya haasil
Tujhe hi nahi jab meri aarzoo hai
Mujhe bhi kahaan phir teri justaju hai
Teri yaadon se doori behtar hai
Karti jeena yeh mushqil 

It's better to have distance from your memories,
they makes living hard,
This is that rain, that gives barrenness,
what'll one get by getting drenched,
when you don't wish for me,
why should i wish for you?
It's better to have distance from your memories,
they makes living hard,

-movie blood money

Ok lets have a antakshari on Yaaden and how they make a certain Laad Governor so angry and helpless๐Ÿ˜‰ Lovely songs and lines Ami and wiwy๐Ÿ‘ Edited by chalhov - 11 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail

Episode 63 :
Just thinking of what NK said- Yeh pyaar andha hone ki saath saath stupid hota hain
I once saw a movie by Rajesh Khanna called Avishkar and there is a line in the movie -- Hum yeh nehi jaante sab muhabbat se itna nafrat kiyun karte hain. And another- Hum nehi jaante humne muhabbat kyun ke hain.  meaning " I do not know why people hate love." and in another " I do not know why I fell in love." So of course was thinking of ARSHI in the last moment. quite true they try and prove there is no pyaar in their lives for each other but the minute something happens they are there for each other and helping the other out all the time ASR keeps telling I will not come to help you and does exactly that so far he has saved her 3 times However in this case it is not the parents who hate love- it is our beloved ARSHI themselves who are hating the love the have for each other.
Ironically- They both know they fell in love with each other but when do the confess- Not a single time in normal circumstances And guess what they do- exactly the thing to prove the other person right and what they want.Before coming to Raizada mansion Khushi was thinking what Arnav said- Tum Jaise Ladkiya - paiso ke liye. So she did that- for the money she owed Anjali- She came.And Arnav knows Khushi๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘- She does not want to love him or come in his house, so in a second he saw her he knew that Di has bought her here and called Di. He orders her out because he knew then that Khushi came because of some Majboori enforced on her by his di. So true the party day she told him I would have dead rather than take this order for your party had I KNOWN BEFORE
 Ironically- Usually it is the family which makes a couple in love fall apart. Here they do not even want to be togather but at the same time can not stay away.

--I hope you have watched Jab we met and what Kareena's granddad says " In my age a look is enough to understand the chemistry between a couple." Was thinking of the movie when heart Nani talking with Laxmi jee and saying that she is trying to hook Khushi with Arnav.

Indeed Nani was making plans which Devi maiyya had already planned and how they both complete so many ceremonies unknowingly loved your reference to Jab we Met

--I think I watched all the premonitions of ARSHI to see exactly what is different in Arnav's premonition of Khushi and Khushi's premonition of Arnav. It is just different.
 From Arnav's view point- We know the mighty ASR does not speak his feelings out. So when his heart started the talking- he was using his brain to answer. First premonition- in the office he when Khushi came he was so shocked even his brain had stopped working, second premonition- he said woh yaha nehi hain, third - Woh yaha nehi hain- it is impossible.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘  But increasing vocabulary only happened when he realized using his dimaag that he loves khushi- with a thing in his psyche which he never uses called dil.  So because his dil was used only for Khushi he instantaneously knew the difference. He knew when Khushi was near, and later on that increased and he knew where she is as he went to find her after dropping her off in the middle of the road, when she was absent  during the hate marriage like after Heer Ranjha and what she wants during the aaogi jab tum ho sajna song. He had used his brain to read Khushi's heart and so he was actually successful.
The premonition- He knew it was Khushi even though it was dark and she was having her back at him.
 From Khushi's view point :She was a person who uses her heart, so I think her heart was a little over worked thinking of her Di, Ma, Dad and so was delaying analyzing her feelings for Arnav after the mannat ke chabi thing.She was always brushing away as if scared of even analyzing or saying a work about her feelings for him. We never saw her say a word until the Holi to him. She connected her premonitions as her thinking of him not him being near, after all she was in his house and in his office. Even when she did she did not connect this to love. When she did connect this to love, she first realized that Arnav loved her so was working according to what he wanted because she also knew Arnav does not work with his heart so does not know love- and she was damned if she ever was going to tell that to him. She said she was going to Lucknow because he could not stand her, she could not leave for Lucknow because she knew he does not want her to be away, she came to Raizada house but said she does not want to see him- because that is what he wanted too - she is there but not when he is there.
The premonition- She knew it was him because heard him call La.  But she has not yet linked her premonition to his proximity.

Loved your take on premonition of ASR and Khushi.good indepth analysis.My comments in between in bold black
Edited by chalhov - 11 years ago
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Indi

Episode 60

" lilting, dreamy, breaking the bounds of hard reality. and we enter another space within, perhaps without. wherever this place is, it is precious, not often accessible, and when once reached, it's hard to leave. lovely that it is, and so so real." - the wordings are soo romantic... nd u play piano? are those the notes?? (the first few words?)

"
to touch what's pure, untainted. just an emotion. one which doesn't even have a name.
it is felt. it is known. it will not be denied." -
WoW...straight out of a romantic novel...early mornin...gets me all in the mood ๐Ÿ˜ณ

"
asr is not unaware that an ahsaas is swamping him. he struggles against it, making futile promises to bury it, to throw it away like those helpless little pearls. believing that is a sign of strength. yet his heart knows it isn't. it leads him back to the corner where he saw the payal drop from her ankle. he bends down and touches it, and the whole world changes in an instant." - its lik...the payal is callin out to him...only he is able to hear it...nd really loved your description of the scene ๐Ÿ‘

a

Really amazing comparison indi...yeah thinkin abt it now...its more lik he could definitely feel her...feel wat he felt tht night wub.png

"
their intimacy, and the night. the moon and the breeze play with the water, reflections undulate across his visage. a hint of the ankh micholi his mind played with memories running out of hidden corners, dupatta flying." - i agree...everythin is thr...the perfection in the scene is absolute...amazing...u hav pointed it out well ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

"
the payal took him pronto to that lovely sight of ms khushi kumari gupta sitting pretty inside his most personal world. she was so khushi there, fitting he should just flip for her right then." - its wher she belongs...with him...him holdin her...true love...we can feel it...

"
but in the moonlight, suddenly sultry, sensuous, sylph like. is this a little glimpse into the girl who wears it? his fingers don't want to let go.
"
how resolutely it left the ankle it had been around for years and settled into this place, as though it had a right to be here. it wished to be here. it was her mother's payal. a sign of her amma." - indi very well expressed๐Ÿ‘...really love your talent...to express in words is really precious...nd u hav written it beautifully๐Ÿ‘...just amazing...love your use of words โญ๏ธ

- even this my fav pic of the scene...its speaks volumes i feel...

" he clasped on to each of those unsaid, unspoken inner meanderings now and stayed on. no hurry, no running away, just for a while asr submerging slowly into the depth of an ocean, exploring, wandering, just letting it be.- indi emotions with perfect pics...just cherry on top...๐Ÿ‘ very well written

"i have loved this quiet, penetrative side of asr always. man of action, but man of introspection, and an ability to dream. only that his trust is broken, and something must restore it.- his facial expressions...are just perfect...makers really knew wat they were doin

"
this understanding and exploration of a feeling we've come to call love. and its expression in what is often called romance and we have less and less space for it in our lives.

if i think about it though, this is what makes us feel alive. just feel. feel the spark of life itself. and without that, can we be human?" -
Beautifully said๐Ÿค—...โญ๏ธ i hav no words of praises left...so don mind if u don find anythin new written ...

i couldn stop myself from makin this...its for u...do save it...

PutijaChalhov thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

Episode 63!!!!!!

The episode starts off with khushi still la to consider this samjotha Mutually beneficial DEAL in ASR's language ๐Ÿ˜†(I am at loss for the English word at the moment)because it will benefit us all. La agrees and khushi goes to nani. Nani asked if la left yet and khushi signaled la to come forward.  Khushi was saying how her dad said she makes the best bondh ki ladoos, but Anjali ji's is no less'she was telling nani that there is a formula for making ladoos and nani was like please tell me'the formula was really cute'nani laughed and you can tell that she enjoys khushi's company.  Khushi then said that people are like bondh ki ladoos as well'khushi explains that people are unorganized and dissacciated like the bondh but with the proper molding from an elder teaching them sanksaar the bondh will become the perfect shape for the ladoo'she explains that is what she is doing to la'she tells la to get the elder's blessing before doing anything'Anjali sees la getting blessing from la and she is happy saying that khushi ji is doing a great job'both la and khushi leave nani's room and Anjali explains to her why she brought khushi'nani is like I am okay with this decision'After Anjali leaves, nani picks up laxmi and tells her that it was all part of her plan. She said that she kept putting khushi's name into  anjali's head so she can bring khushi into the house and arnav can see how awesome she is and having a good Hindustani wife is what he needs and she knows la will not change'Pause:  I want to say my reaction when I saw this episode the first time in 2011'it was I KNEW IT!!!!!! Nani is so smart.  ๐Ÿ˜†

Unknown to nani its already happened though the concerned persons will not acknowledge it๐Ÿ˜‰

In La's room, la was unpacking her clothes and keeps staring at her clothes'la tells her to stop staring at her clothes and she will not change her clothing for anyone'khushi said she will not change her clothing but which she did at the earliest even making ASR so mad and anger he wants to forget Khushi but La is molding herself as her๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜†but she wants to make her more sanskarry'she wants to get the real la that is hidden out for everyone to see'la is like whatever she has to pretend until asr comes home'khushi then tells la that it is the perfect time for chai and snacks so they go to the kitchen.  Outside la's room Anjali wants to talk to khushi but khushi walks past her.  Anjali finally gets khushi to stop by telling her that she wants to apologize for the other day'Anjali said that her husband made her understand that she was using khushi's majboori (again the English word escapes me) for her own benefit'but anjali said she was just thinking about her family that is about to break'khushi forgives her but she tells Anjali that she wants the condition (shart) to stay in place'anjali agrees and Anjali said I don't know about the arnav one because he is not a bad guy'khushi gets mad and said that I don't care, I just don't want to see his face'Anjali was like okay baba I agree with all your conditions.  Anjali was like that is the first lesson of the day'and khushi said Ardwak wali chai and pakora'Anjali got very excited. AHHH the pakora scene does take you to another Pakora scene so sexy and romantic between Arnav and Khushi like wiwy and Ami will agree๐Ÿ˜‰

In the kitchen'La and khushi are making chai and pakoras and are acting very civil'Pause: I think khushi should make la make the pakora'how will she learn by pretending to watch what khushi is doing'Anjali is watching this from the distance and is very happy'then shyam calls and apologizes for last night'Anjali was like you do not have to apologize and I am very happy'shyam said that I never heard you so happy before'Anjali was like something good happened and that today your will get adwark wali chai and pakoras and guess who made it'she was about to say khushi, when shyam was like sharma ji one minute can you please arrange 1 lac for my "friend's" surgery'oh you can't it's okay I will find another way'Anjali was like what is wrong'shyam is like nothing'Anjali offers to get money from arnav and give it to him (Like ArshiHamesha said it is a circle with the whole money giving'khushi owes arnav money'shyam wants to give khushi money'shyam gets Anjali to get the money'Anjali asks arnav'Arnav gives it to Anjali'Anjali gives it to shyam'shyam gives it to khushi'and khushi gives the money to Arnav, if they story were to go in that direction).  Shyam gets happy and hangs up'and said thank you sharma ji and the camera pans out and it is shown he is talking to empty chairs'How low can one man be'and GASP shyam works!!!!!! When I think he does not they show him in a office. The Snakewa๐Ÿ˜†

The ladies of the house is sitting in the living room drinking chai'mami praises the chai and khushi said that la made it'Mami said what awesome akwark wali chai and a guest appearance by elachi (this cracked me up)'nani was like the chai is good because khushi was there'then la was sitting with her legs cross and nani gets mad'khush notices this and said to sit like her'and she does'and nani said I wish you were here 20 years ago'khushi was confused and nani said you could have helped manorama'Mami gets insultwa and is upset'Nani mentions arnav's name to Anjali and Khushi said that she has to go'Nani was like what is the hurry and Khushi said I made a shart with Anjali and Anjali said yeah the shart is (really bad editing here)and somehow khushi said the shart is that I will not work when arnav is here'and Anjali said that is the shart'then nani was okay'Anjali said that arnav has a video conference today and will be back late'she said that khushi should teach la how to make rotis for dinner'

Arnav gets a call from someone and said that the business meeting is postponed'he is mad that he was told so late'DM save whoever comes in his path'he is in semi ghussa now because his precious time was wasted

In the kitchen la was waiting for khushi, and arnav called la and asking her what is up'and la said she is in the kitchen making dinner and asked when he is coming back and he said soon 'Arnav is on his way home'OH NO Khushi is at home'While driving arnav gets a call from his accountant (just a guess here) he said that all the accounts are cleared but what about khushi kumara gupta'hearing her name arnav gets into super ghusa mode and said that you did your job not be quiet'arnav then thinks of all the times khushi worked for him'and gets out of his car angrily'OH SNAP he is actually some now'DM what will happen to poor khushi. Liked your take here nice explanation of the scene DM please save Khushi

Khushi is telling la how to make rotis and la said that she just got her nails done and asked khushi to do the rotis and la leaves'khushi is making rotis and arnav is at the door'Nani calls for JP and arnav walks further into the house'Both khushi and Arnav's radar goes off and arnav was like it is impossible khushi cannot be here she needs to get out of my mind'Khushi said the same thing about arnav and asked Devi Maiya for help'Right then the electricity went off'Wah Devi Maiya Wah'arnav goes into the kitchen and asks la how was her day and touches khushi's shoulder'khushi is frozen in her spot not knowing what to do'she turns around and the light turns back on'Really devi maiya, you could not help the girl out'but she really wants arshi to meet, so all is forgiven on my part'and arnav pushes her back'He angrily calls Di and la comes and he tells her to stay out of if and he tells khushi to GET OUT'the episode ends with Khushi's shocked face

Since Anjali did not follow the shart will khushi continue to work for the Raizadas???

Anita loved read your analysis so more fireworks and insults and waterworks due feel bad for Khushi all  bad period at home and work. My comments in black bold  and also found the red bold ones interestingEdited by chalhov - 11 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@ Anita.
Loved your descriptive update.
I think the CVs deliberately avoided the shart thing to create a  hue.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Episode 63 :
I once saw a movie by Rajesh Khanna called Avishkar and there is a line in the movie -- Hum yeh nehi jaante sab muhabbat se itna nafrat kiyun karte hain. And another- Hum nehi jaante humne muhabbat kyun ke hain.  meaning " I do not know why people hate love." and in another " I do not know why I fell in love." So of course was thinking of ARSHI in the last moment. However in this case it is not the parents who hate love- it is our beloved ARSHI themselves who are hating the love the have for each other.
Ironically- They both know they fell in love with each other but when do the confess- Not a single time in normal circumstances.  And guess what they do- exactly the thing to prove the other person right and what they want.Before coming to Raizada mansion Khushi was thinking what Arnav said- Tum Jaise Ladkiya - paiso ke liye. So she did that- for the money she owed Anjali- She came.And Arnav knows Khushi- She does not want to love him or come in his house, so in a second he saw her he knew that Di has bought her here and called Di. He orders her out because he knew then that Khushi came because of some Majboori enforced on her by his di.

From Arnav's view point- We know the mighty ASR does not speak his feelings out. So when his heart started the talking- he was using his brain to answer. First premonition- in the office he when Khushi came he was so shocked even his brain had stopped working, second premonition- he said woh yaha nehi hain, third - Woh yaha nehi hain- it is impossible.  But increasing vocabulary only happened when he realized using his dimaag that he loves khushi- with a thing in his psyche which he never uses called dil.  So because his dil was used only for Khushi he instantaneously knew the difference. He knew when Khushi was near, and later on that increased and he knew where she is as he went to find her after dropping her off in the middle of the road, when she was absent  during the hate marriage like after Heer Ranjha and what she wants during the aaogi jab tum ho sajna song. He had used his brain to read Khushi's heart and so he was actually successful.

Hey samin love your take of heart and mind.You pretty well described their reasons of denial regardless of their one heart beat ,one soul.I would like to add from Khushi's side .As a normal, middle class gal with this kind of over whelmed attitude and behavior cannot take plunge for this kind of guy easily no matter what.Khushi is a practical girl with cute dreams .ASR took that privelage giving her a chance to fall for him easily.He is a man of action,words and emotions is not his trait and the moment she gets it ,then no one could stop her for him even HIM .Yes as she said in the last episode she got that strength from him YES indeed she did along with a lot of other things which are coming up for us to explore.โค๏ธ