Users

Frequent Posters

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: RebeccaDaphne

Wow thread 4 already!  Congratulations!

πŸ₯³ 
Thank you guys for your dedication in keeping it going, I absolutely love reading the posts and reliving the episodes, and I've said it before, this journey is much better second time around, we understand the characters so much more (and this is because of the beautiful analyses of the characters and their emotions by yourselves, especially when you guys link the future episodes to what's happening now!)  Plus there's no worrying about what happens next! Just enjoying the ride! 

I agree Rebecca! love watching this second time, it's such a diff experience for me :) i'm glad you enjoy the analysis...love you contributions and inputs too😊  ur right the best part is not more suspense, but the worst part is we know as some pt sheetal will come back with nightmares πŸ˜‘
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
ami, you were hungry and you actually considered kachori???? c'mon. 🀣 sorry early morning terrible sense of ha ha.
indi52 thumbnail
spamming, sorry, but just saw 53 and oh the gorgeous one getting lost in his memories, light reflecting off pool playing on face... hmmm. nice.
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

ami, you were hungry and you actually considered kachori???? c'mon. 🀣 sorry early morning terrible sense of ha ha.

Whats a foodie like me to do??πŸ˜† much like Khushi, chaat is my weakness and so is Sobti...hence the duvidha...
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

if just to say "ghar chalte hai," a guy looks this good, then what are we to do.

episode 51

"there is a space between man's imagination and man's attainment that may only be traversed by  his longing"
~~~ kahlil gibran ~~~

he turns and looks at door
one last time i'll look at you
rabba vey unwinds gently and eases into frame

when the most expressive pair of eyes long for someone with stirring eloquence, it's hard to think of anything else. to not feel all the things this torn young man must be feeling, unprepared as he was for emotions of this proportion.

then a question came knocking. and though i tried to lock the door and refused to let it find me, it persisted. i have felt most uncomfortable watching the scenes of asr being paralleled with shyam's in the matter of khushi. while one's emotions have felt beautiful and right, the other one's completely illicit, even obscene.

yet, both men had women in their lives. not just shyam. had asr not brought lavanya and it was just a casual fling between two people who belonged to the same world, it would be one thing, but now it wasn't that. thanks to his confrontation with his grandmother over choices and the individual's right to live the way he or she wants to, he now had brought la home. the complexion of there relationship had changed. it was as close to permanence as two people who expressly did not believe in marriage could take their relationship. she trusted him. she read some sort of commitment in this act of his.

and yet, his thoughts were wrapped like a stubborn dupatta around another girl, flying to her thoughts at the sight or sound of anything. why did this feel right and not what shyam was doing?

i guess it was to do with the response of the two men to the situation they found themselves in. while shyam never tried, not even once, to fight the attraction he felt, asr did everything he could not to think of her. not only because of la, because of himself, and his stated idea of there being no space for love in his life.

till the very end, he tried to deny the claim her thoughts made on him. he fought hard, very hard. he tried to be fair to la, he almost convinced himself, but finally la saw the thing for what it was.

he admitted then perhaps he'd never really been fair to la. and in their interaction was a respect for each other, a pain, that made you feel, this is the inexplicable grip of human relations that we do often find ourselves in. we may want it all to be cut and dried but matters of heart rarely are. the essential question is how we deal with the difficult questions. 

which is where character comes in, i guess. shyam unfortunately, was made of weak and dark and ugly things. while asr of stuff more noble, more clear and strong.

even after la left, it wasn't as though asr immediately chased his feelings for khushi, he just kept trying to ignore them, till he just couldn't and had to say, he would tell her that day "farq kyun padta hai."

shyam wouldn't understand the finer points of such a struggle, nor why you must search for the right path, for him always the easy way out.
a huge difference in the way he defined living life his way and the way asr defined the same thing. as far as shyam is concerned, this constitutes getting everything he wants, no matter what happens to others. to asr, it is getting to live the way he wants without interfering with the way others want to live their lives.

and so it was that i just got lost looking at a man completely tossed by the absence of a woman who said she was going "hamesha ke liye." how out of it all his air when di finds him, and that caught unawares look in the eyes, the slightly unrooted feel, how does an actor get the perfect nuance of a moment as hard to describe as that. no over acting, no under acting, there was a man standing immersed in another world, and his sister walked in on him.

a pause.
someone should learn from this young man how to make utterly ordinary things sound fabulous. "kuch nahin... chale," oh the distracted air in the voice. "jijaji yahan kya kar rahe honge...," a grainy rasp in the voice... "di, let's go!" er, how does one not get stuck here?

so many times it looked like she would walk in on the truth regarding her husband. as at this very moment. but again the hide and seek with shyam's truth continued. what started with a  suspicious frown ended on a smiling, indulgent, "aap bhi na..." shyam again made use of his extreme ease with lying and got his saale saab and raani sahiba exactly where he wanted them.

but shyam wasn't the only one with a penchant for the non-truth here. far away in a car, another liar fretted. again a question, why did khushi lie about leaving town? the answer can go so many ways, in literature class this could well end up being the favourite of examiners, if not for anything just to see how imaginative the students were capable of being.

my easy answer: she was feeling, just like him, things unfamiliar, things too powerful, and things she neither knew what to call, nor wanted. too complicated. a young girl from a sheltered middle class home, her head already filled with several set notions of what's love, marriage, duty, etc., and what a "good" man was all about, was certainly not prepared for the things she was feeling. why was she constantly thinking of the rakshas, why wasn't she happy at the thought of never seeing him? and then in that hot and bothered storeroom, everything possibly came to a head. not just her heart, her desire possibly spoke and said things that terrified her.

so she had to find a way to shut it all out. and without thinking, just wanting to hit back at the one who caused this unplanned madness, she lied. to hurt him back. the canny thing in us always knows to whom we matter and to whom we don't. she knew her declaration would bother him, badly, not make him "khush." i'd have love to hear her say some day, she knew even then they had a weird thing for each other, and tell him how much it had bothered her to even consider leaving delhi.

thankfully, the jalebis saved the day, and back khushi turned, to walk right back toward her rakshas, this time with a lovely rational excuse. they will run a sweet shop from bediji's empty space adjoining the garage. by dropping the chunari on her that morning, this is what devi maiya was hinting at. not to leave delhi.

asr held the chunari handed to him by di and remembered a girl in a storeroom, saving her dm, falling on her, her thoughts plagued him. shyam took the piece of cloth from his hand and tied it on the mirror. but by then what the chunari had to tie it already had. a girl who was an expert maker of sweets and a diabetic who'd be totally bowled over by her sweetness.

again i wonder, what if there were no dm to organise the proceedings and push the two stubborn ones toward each other? wouldn't love find its way anyway? are we capable of finding the right path through right thought and action on our own, or is life/the etrnal's interference an axiomatic truth and requirement?

too many questions today. behaving like la in the kitchen. so cute, so clueless.

and here's a log of the most clued up one's dialogwas this episode for your enjoyment. nebher phere bhen mami's here.

ee cookerwa bhi sasuma se poochke siti bajaayga ka?

will this cooker whistle only after asking ma in law?

ari o miss teep taap kassyap...

oh miss tip top kassyap.

ee pyaaj kati ho ki pyaajaaa

have you sliced onions or slashed them (loosely translated)

hamri akhiyan ke kaajal se hote hain sab ghayal... dekho kaise chhum chhum bajti, dekho humri payal...

the kohl in my eyes breaks many a heart, now see how prettily my anklets (payal) ring... there was a playful hint by the dialogue guys about the payal that would ring quite a bell in her life.

hello ho bye bye... arre aise isspoon se karogi toh rotiyan humre goldeyn jublee par banee.

hello hi bye bye, if you use a spoon to do that, then the dough will be rady on my golden jubilee.

arre kaanstipessan baad mein, pehle kaam.

not constiptaion, first work.

haan miss teep taap kassyap, tum singal pees ho.

yes, miss tiptop kassyap, you're a single piece.

how elated a girl who was ready to leave was at the plan she'd cooked up to stay back.

remember how sad she was when leaving seemed inevitable? and still she believes she wants to have nothing to do with him... hai re nand kissore. 

and here was a man looking back yet again, next to him the one who never had any right to, but had no sense of wrong.

finally, a cap i couldn't resist. some day asr will take of those glasses that clouded his vision. this one, if we needed an excuse πŸ˜‰, is in anticipation of that. 

wonderful one dear, as always another level of insight.  Loved all in blue, tripple β€οΈs for purple and purple bold amazing instight! your  take on Arnav Vs. Shyam πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

also the bit about how Arnav/La relationship had changed due to her moving in, awesome! i completely agree. watching La doing so much to please the family, i had a thought. If Khushi hadn't intervened and nudged her towards marriage, wouldn't La have come to that herself? She said she loved him numerous times, living with the family doing so much for a man you dodn't intend to make you own some day...she's still young and free, i believe she would 've one day on her own say "i want marriage dammit!"...

in red, i agree, there are so many things i wish they'd have bought up, certain things maybe left unsaid would add to their growth but things like this i think he would've liked that :)

Loved the various expressions la baught out in Mamiji πŸ˜†

and this line

by then what the chunari had to tie it already had. a girl who was an expert maker of sweets and a diabetic who'd be totally bowled over by her sweetness.

mmmuuuwaaa!
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER...

EPISODE 51& 52

"KOSHISH"[trying] is the main theme of these epis. Trying ways of  adjustments and playing along with everyone and with everything is the main coarse meal of these two epis.All the players are trying different strategies to come up  with new ideas to cope with the current situation as the game is getting heated with the time.

Longing on something so precious and rare is not only realized by Arnav but Khushi too as both were looking at the locked door and want to open it but the key is in Khushi's hand right now as she  was always and will always  be a key keeper of this door .She is the one who have an access to this door to Arnav which is only guarded by ASR and he is indeed injured in this process and unable to stop Arnav to come out of it but still guarding it...

Di caught Chote as he is in Khushi land and he could say only one thing "Chalain" [Lets go] after coming from his pensiveness but he is not ready for this "Chalain" so far.He stops,turns his face one more time wishing with ravenous may be his Khushi will appear from this locked door.So much yearning ,desiring, and languishing in his look...awww..

Anjali saw the lingering shadow of Shyam in the lanes of "Anjan Nagar" as he is indeed Anjan[strange] to her regardless he is with her. On the way back to home they found Shyam but as usual he escaped by his instant storyline.Arnav's bewilderment is saying something else but he shakes it off  as his Di is ok with it [my pov]

Pause here:Anjali ,...Naniji is right ,question him if he was coming here then why didn't he bring you with him?😑

One more time Arnav stops and turns towards the door.He just can't let go off his yearning for her and yet "ASR ko kissi larki se Farak nahin parta". If this side Her thoughts are gripping its roots in Arnav deeply then other side Shyam is tangling himself in her thoughts regardless of DM signs for him as she is bringing his wife infront of him as she is warning him but again "Dekhnai wali nazar kahan hai"[you can't realize if you don't feel it]

After reaching RM, when Anjali told Arnav to tie the DM's chunari in the front mirror,...Chunari takes him to Khushi's thoughts and how he saved DM and had a great fall over Khushi. Jijaji takes it from his hands and ties it in his car.Again they both start thinking about Khushi.

Symbolism:Arnav will get Khushi's heart first but as he gave the chunari to Shyam,meaning because of Arnav's reluctance in acceptance of Khushi's love [During Diwali] he will push Khushi to a hasty decision under pressure and Shyam will manage to get engage with Khushi but as Shyam tied it in Arnav's car Khushi will be married to Arnav and they both are still looking at it because even after marriage Shyam's lust over Khushi will not be over and Arnav's acceptance of Khushi's love will be clouded for a while.

La and Mami's travesty and ridicule over cooking was hilarious but nonsense at some points. La's common sense as an educated girl left me astounded and staggered.She tried to cut the hard shell of coconut with a butter knife and amazingly The knife landed on Mamiji's foot.How come ASR hired her?Oh what am I saying I think just like Mamiji was hired''Anyway hiring system sucks at RM...πŸ˜†

Symbolism:In Egypt Knife is a symbol of protector and fighter towards righteous and indeed Mamiji is a protector of Arnav and Anajli no matter what and always fight and brings out the bitter truth in her 007 James bond way.She always put her nose into those kinds of matter just like this knife in between her two toes.

Maiji's laziness was driving me nuts no wonder why"Mamiji and Naniji never together"and "Rotis on golden Jubilis". Hello hi bye bye'' πŸ˜•

Naniji is full of wisdom and has some tricks of her own as Rahim Chacha was guarding her,she was smart enough to figure out that there was something fishy going on in the kitchen. Her stealthy way of checking La in the kitchen was worth praising.She figured out who is the culprit behind all of this'.πŸ˜‰

Khushi was sad in the cab as she is going back to Lucknow where her Babuji and Amma's Mehak[fragrance] lives,where the memories of her childhood are flying,where her sweet shop is calling her name then She should be happy but she is not.How can she ,her "Rakshus'"Vs "Rajkumar"is here. πŸ˜ƒBuaji noticed her sadness though Buaji was harsh and sometimes rude to her, but she actually loved khushi a lot.[love Buaji in this epi] .She didn't forget to bring Jalaibis for her Sanka Devi. Buaji is right only DM knows how these Jalaibis calm her down'"Kia pata tohe tumri mushkal ka hal in Jalaibian ki mithas mein hi mil jai"[God knows may be you will find the solution of your problem in these jalaibis] and walah...

The moment she sees Jalaibis her mind starts charging up as "Uske Dimagh ki bati jal gayie".She instantly changed her mind and decided to go back.[Love the driver's look on Khushi when she jumped on Buaji..ahem ahem]

She planned to start a sweet shop in happyji's garage! Khushi and her crazy ideas. Khushi,"Aur humain kissi ki naukri bhi nahin karna pare gi"[I don't have to do job for anyone] awww...πŸ˜‰ Khushi is remembering her Laad Governor ... 'After all she is Sanka Devi, but her craziness is her power to tame people as her Arnavji as this sweet shop is another crazy sign by DM to bring these together after all she is the one who opened all the doors for Khushi's brain to open the locked door for Arnav.'.."Ghor unyaei aur pap hota hai agar jagha ka theek tarah se istamal na kia jayie"[It's a sin if we don't treat the space properly] Khushi your double meaning dialogues are correct, it's a sin if you are not taking care of the space [dil and dimagh] shared by you and Arnavji.

This completely fits on Khushi

"Right or wrong has never stop me from trying anything'"

Sweet shop is on but God knows or we know how long as Buaji is enough to scare the buyers and DM is enough to send Khushi to her right place as "right use of right place".But I must say guys I could not stop laughing seeing this'πŸ˜†

Khushi's hard work did pay some [not much] fruit to them but while selling Khushi stopped at "Delhi Tycoon" picture in the newspaper while giving out kachoris  as she was doing "right use of right place" which put her at the edge and while standing that edge she put lots of lots of chutney right on his face. Khushi and her sanak has no end as she is mad at her Laad Governor'...

Symbolism: Two Kachoris----#2 is for extreme awareness of the feelings of yourself and others. Because you are touched by the subtleties of emotions, you can understand a great deal from a word, a gesture, or even an unspoken thought. CONNECTION :Khushi is aware of her and his unknown emotions as she saw in his eyes while leaving him "Hamesha keh liye"and everything is reminding her about that .

On the dining table Naniji's quirky and knotty ways against La to find out the truth are extremely commendable but not approvable from Arnav as he can't tolerate La'a insult any more regardless he got embarrassed at first. Mamiji blurts out the truth during Naniji's investigation.La's Dal and Cheeni couldn't save her from Hitler Nani at this time and she runs away after humiliation."een Duniya mein do log itna besuada khana nahin bana sakat hain"[not two ppl in this world can make same tasteless food]Wise and deep words Naniji as she knows how Mamiji and her entrance in the RM brought so many issues ,she does not want the same...as she is assuming things around her like that at this point... Mamiji was trying to to help La but it will bite her back like this, she didn't have a slightest idea...

Pause here : One thing is right La is trying to adjust with everything and everyone but Naniji is trying to prove her wrong no matter what'.

MOMENT OF THE DAY:    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0sMZcxYJfo

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0sMZcxYJfo[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CLDVil6xj0

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CLDVil6xj0[/YOUTUBE]

Good one Arshi, 
Loved all in blue, purple β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ, and purple underlined BRILLIANT!!!
the line about khushi being the key holder, so true in many ways, even when he forces her to marry him because he had a misunderstanding, he couldn't turn off his feelings for her. its not like she ever tried to make him fall for her, she was the key holder and didn't even know it.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

wonderful one dear, as always another level of insight.  Loved all in blue, tripple β€οΈs for purple and purple bold amazing instight! your  take on Arnav Vs. Shyam πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

also the bit about how Arnav/La relationship had changed due to her moving in, awesome! i completely agree. watching La doing so much to please the family, i had a thought. If Khushi hadn't intervened and nudged her towards marriage, wouldn't La have come to that herself? She said she loved him numerous times, living with the family doing so much for a man you dodn't intend to make you own some day...she's still young and free, i believe she would 've one day on her own say "i want marriage dammit!"...

in red, i agree, there are so many things i wish they'd have bought up, certain things maybe left unsaid would add to their growth but things like this i think he would've liked that :)

Loved the various expressions la baught out in Mamiji πŸ˜†

and this line

by then what the chunari had to tie it already had. a girl who was an expert maker of sweets and a diabetic who'd be totally bowled over by her sweetness.

mmmuuuwaaa!

thanks, ami

yes, wonder where lavanya wouyld have gone with that love of hers if khushi wasn't in the picture. if she was tough enough to take on nani and a whole way of life's disapproval, she may have come to the marriage thing all by herself. but question is, could she have faced and not been fazed by all that "no" to her way of life by nani and some day, maybe even di? i wish her luck, especially if she loved asr truly. πŸ˜ƒ.

you know, i was thinking this morning, the only reason i watch so zealously again, is because there indeed is beautiful writing here and a character that entrances.

this one was really about asr. no amount of political correctness will make me say khushi was created with as much depth. she was viewed essentially as an instrument to explore asr in this first part of the tale. maybe in the next one, khushi will become as real and precious as asr? πŸ˜ƒ

part two, we need a producer, ami. πŸ˜³
indi52 thumbnail
episode 53

why do stars fall down from the sky
every time, you walk by
just like me they long to be
close to you

today gunshots and shooting stars came calling.

a lovely peek into ms sanka devi's personality. things are looking heavy. payal and buaji try to match expenses to earnings and peruse the dismal situation with worry. buaji talking nonstop and blaming khushi for her hair brained ideas. payal, sad at khushi's predicament.

but khushi?

not an ounce of worry or tension. she decides to dispel the gloom. her first strategy: tease buaji. then at payal's despondent, we might as well give up and go back to lucknow, a sharp, "nahin jiji, hum itni jaldi haar kaise maan sakte hain?" no, jiji, how can we accept defeat so easily?

fed up with the moping, she snatches the books from the accountants and says, enough of this. as she puts away the papers, she discovers her departed uncle's transistor radio. apparently, an avid listener of music, buaji's husband. was there more to that story, why the four quirky photographs otherwise?

and so starts khushi's favourite mood restorer, dance. the screenplay writer was in a cheeky mood, we got an arch love song about how you keep saying "no" when you mean "yes," and when it comes to love, just shoot my heart and and take my life, it's for you.

arre pyaar me dil pe maar de goli le le meri jaan
teri na mein chhupa hai haan haan haan haan.

mollified, buaji joined in, and so did the ever diffident payal. reminded me of that day right in the beginning when khushi's action had led to payal's wedding being called off. then too she had burst into dance and carried the family with her.

this can do, won't let anything get me down, spirit of khushi's is endearing, infectious, and laudable. not at all a believer in the "rona dhona" default setting of most women in our media, khushi has a refreshingly contemporary attitude toward life, her faith in tradition and ritual notwithstanding.

there's no shadow of "abala naari," helpless woman, clinging to this sprightly young woman. she's not rich, she's not from an upper class back ground, she's not "cool" (though he was right later to call her the coolest person he knows), she's not a son. but she is all of herself. upbeat, fearless, ready to take a chance, and supremely positive. the dukh bhari dastaan struck women's portrayal could learn something from her.

and because of this attitude i was willing to overlook her patently crazy plans. something always seemed to say, she's going to make it, the path may be unconventional but she'll get there some day. gave me hope.

her light, comedy oriented expressions were not just about having fun, they spoke of her, who she was. expressed her sunny side up-ness. perhaps a young girl, orphaned cruelly finds her own way to stay on top of things, stay happy. perhaps she knows the value of happiness; for at eight she was given all the burden of sadness life had to give. this was khushi's way of coping maybe. believe in stars; keep solid, concrete dm by yoiur side, friend, guide, mentor; and come what may, reach out for happiness.

"kal se ek nai suruaat kari hai... nand kissore." we'll start afresh tomorrow... nand kishore.

asr went to la's room to console her after the debacle at the table. but as i watched him sitting there stiff and aloof, i had the feeling he was not being able to switch on and off efficiently between his yearning for the madcap girl who was gone forever and his current reality. one he had created himself, with his stubbornness and need to assert his right to live his own life his way. he was struggling, it was clear. and la, immersed in her misery, and the huge problem of not having brought her water proof make up, just didn't pick on his mind being elsewhere, continuously. (of course, for the sake of viewer expectation and satisfaction, creatives never could show asr too much into la, but i have to say, it felt plausible here, for even bringing her home was not really his idea. plus, he had no clue khushi would have this impact on him, that he wouldn't be able to resist, so it all sort of worked out nicely.)

brother and sister sat in their private space, surrounded by plants, by the water, where his defences were usually down, and they touched a chord within, that tied them to each other. khushi sat out in the night breeze.

suddenly, a shooting star.

"jiji! jiji! jiji! toot-ta hua tara..." she was delighted to see the shooting star. all set to make a wish.

"relax, di, ek toot-ta hua tara hi hai, bas..." relax, di, said he, it's just a star breaking and falling, that's all.

how different the two. his sister was not one to give in, she insisted he make a wish and covered his eyes with her hand. on the other side of delhi, khushi closed her eyes in her little world, believing in wishes that come true. a breeze rose, it played with his hair, then went and touched her, the most gentle and mellifluous rendition of rabba vey unified the opposite experiences. not quite opposite though, for behind shut lids, his wish came stealthily to his inner space. a locked door, thoughts of her. come back, his heart and sinew seemed to say, it hurts when you're not around, but his head held. no, he doesn't believe in such things. pyaar mein dil ko maar de goli, lele meri jaan. a neat shot, and heart shut up. no! he moved di's hand away. he didn't believe, had no vishwaas... and what could a star grant, that too one that was itself ending?

he left the sanctuary, unable to hear its truth. but di played elder sister, elder relative, one who loves him as a young one and wished that he he was aleways happy and that some should come into his life who'd finish off his pain, his dil ke dard, forever. hamesha.

segue to khushi. "kya manga?" what did you ask for? "kuch khaas nahin... kal hume koi bada sa order mil jaaye..." nothing special, just that let us get a biiig order tomorrow.

in the garden open eyes had been closed, in bed, just the other way round. a breeze blew, as he slept.

his eyes opened. he seemed to hear a call. a pensive air in him, a search...

he walked up to the open doors, and the curtain blew, instinctively he held it to push it away. an armada of memories floated up across the water. light danced on the pool, reflections played on his face. and a girl stepped out, catching hold of  his thoughts, his feeelings.

why can't a curtain just be a curtain, why must it remind one of a playful, intrusive dupatta? one that touched him, caressed him, never seemed to want to leave him. yet she was going, hamesha ke liye. and he was just falling, falling upon her, into her her eyes, falling through.

lavanya walked in and broke his reverie. his real world needed attention. his girlfriend needed a goodnight kiss, but he was so wrapped up in that darned dupatta.

the evening was saved by naniji and her trusted lieutenant, lakshmiji. naniji fired a couple of rounds and the goli marna seemed to work.

a note:
asr was important. not only because he was hot, handsome, troubled, but because he had a universal appeal. somewhere in many of us a bit of him, something a little broken, a longing for something afar, a perfection, a completeness. a huge thanks to barun sobti for making him so real and breathing. every feeling he conveyed i knew in some corner of me, sign of a deeply written and expressed character. this morning my niece of 19 smsed, i am missing asr. no it wasn't just about good looks, there was so much more.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Disclaimer:I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.   All credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation.  If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Episode 51

Solutions

Anjali is tying her thread when she believes she sees Shyam but before you know it he disappears.  Was he there? She goes out to the car and Arnav is near the Gupta house just looking at the locked door.  That locked door has unlocked the memories of Kushi in his mind.  He looks so sad.  She asks him what he is doing there.  He ignores her. She tells him she thinks she saw his Jiju.  "Why would he be here?  Let's go."  He looks one last time at the locked door as Anjali is getting into the car.  The solution would be to leave all his regret behind those locked doors.  As they are leaving the colony they run into Shyam.  Anjali  tells Arnav to stop the car and rings Shyam on the phone.  Shyam answers and they get out of the car.   Just in the nick of time, some fellow Shyam knows, passes by and stops to talk with him.  He shoos him away and both Anjali and Arnav approach.  Shyam blabbers about working for the guy in the stand trying to get his pension problems solved and that is why he is here. Yes, that is his solution for an excuse of why he is in this colony.  He apologizes to Anjali because he had to "work".  She tells him he takes care of everybody.  Let's go.  As both the men are getting into the car they both are affected by the locked Gupta house, Kushi's solution was leaving Delhi. 

Lavanya is working in the kitchen and crying because she is chopping onions.  She is fixing her face and complaining that she should have worn waterproof makeup.  Mami is beside herself since Miss Lavanya has absolutely no talent in the kitchen.  Mami's solution to this problem is giving her menial tasks which Lavanya just can't do.  Mami finally gives her the flour to make the roti, all she will have to do is add water and mix.  NOT.  Lavanya doesn't want to get her nails ruined so her solution is to use two spoons.  Mami tells her it wont be ready until her golden jubilee and airhead Lavanya says you have been married for 50 years?  Great, congratulations!  Mami says she will make the roti as well.  Lavanya should cut some coconut for garnish.  How much trouble could she get into with that task?  Lavanya tries to open the coconut with a butter knife.  The pressure cooker whistle blows and she is startled an up in the air goes the knife and down it comes landing between Mami's toes.  Mami is very happy she only used a butter knife and not a chef knife!

Uncle Rahim is waiting outside of Nani's room and out comes Laxmi so he goes running after her calling her name waking Naniji.  She gets up and goes to check on  Lavanya.

In the taxi Buaji gives Kushi jalebi for the train ride to Lucknow.  She doesn't want her to eat it now.  She mentions to Kushi that it is cooking and preparing jalebi that Kushi finds solutions to her problems.  Maybe she will find the solution just by eating the sweets.  That's it!  Kushi asks Buaji to come closer and she hugs her.  She tells the taxi driver to turn back.  She found her solution!

Mami thanks Lavanya for doing something wrong, using the butter knife otherwise she would have been dead!  Nani wants to know if anyone is there?  Mami asks if Lavanya added sugar to the milk and she says she did she added one less because she knows Arnav doesn't like it.  Instead of not adding any because he can't have it she added one less tablespoon.  Arnav watch out this girl is going to kill you!  Mami's solution to this situation is that she needs help because her son's future depends on it! 

The Gupta's are home sweet home!  Kushi asks Happy if Mr. Bedi is around she needs to speak to him about space in the garage.  She is going to open a Candy Store!  She is jumping up and down so excited.

In Arnav's car Anjali gives him the drape to place around his mirror.  He takes it remembering saving Kushi's flying Goddess in the store room.  Shyam places it around the mirror.

Buaji tells Kushi that preparing sweets is not easy and Kushi says that they can do it for thye neighborhood and make the offerings for the mandir.  She says she prayed for a sign and DM gave her this jalebi as the solution to the problem.  Lots of people will buy.  Say yes Buaji, say yes.  Buaji is thinking "Madhumita Mishtan Bandar" sounds like a nice name for a bakery!

Now that's a solution!

awsome solutions Cyn! loved all the in red, but enjoyed reading the whole thing, wonderful flow πŸ‘
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

episode 53!!!!

payal and bua ji are counting money from their business..bua ji was wondering how much they spent, bua ji said that they spent more than what they made...if this keeps happening there will be huge problems.  Bua ji blamed khushi for giving all the jalebis to the kids and khushi then said how about that one guy you scared away with your big eyes and showing him all the sweets.  I love khushi and bua ji's relationship they are always on each other's cases but they cannot be apart for long.  Payal said that it would have been better if we went to lucknow...bua ji became sad hearing that and khushi said it was only the first day, things will pick up.  Khushi took the hisab book and said their dimaag will go bad if they keep looking at it.  then khushi put it up and found an old radio (in the background there were old pictures of bua ji and her husband).  Khushi asked who it was and bua ji said it was her husband...she talked about their old times.  khushi turns on the radio and starts dancing to pyaar mein goli dil pe mara (i love this song) and it cheers everyone up.  Payal is so shy, she does not even dance openly wiht her family when she did she immediately stopped.

In lavanya's room, arnav was trying to console lavanya...but he was so aloof the whole time.  la said i am crying and it makes no difference to you...he goes into deep thought (about what i have no clue-but i can guess khushi) la goes to teh mirror and said how bad she looks...she notices arnav not paying attention and goes to him.  and she puts her head on his shoulder😑 ( i got a little jealous) and said if we are together we can solve any problem.

Khushi was outside and was looking at the stars, and then suddenly she sees a shooting star and she screams shooting star shooting star (of course in hindi) payal comes and khushi shows her the shooting star (seriously i never saw a shooting star like that).   bua ji comes and asked what broken all frantically...and khushi said it was a shooting star...and all three guptas make a wish.  All the way on the other side of town...anjali and arnav see the star...anjali asked arnav to make a wish and she put her hands over his eyes.  then the instrumental rabba vey starts to play and showed arnav and khushi both wishing.  Bua ji was like what did you wish for and khushi said nothing special...bua ji was like nothing special took you that long, how long would a special wish take.  khushi wish for all of them to stay together like this forever and for the business to do good...payal wish for her parents to be happy and have no problems.  khushi said that is a good wish and it will come true. Bua ji said we should go to sleep and if tomorrow's business does not do good, my hopes will be like that star.  the scene switches to the RM, anjali asked what did arnav wish for and arnav said nothing...if a star is about to end how will it help me and if it were to help it would have done it already.  Arnav walks away and anjali said, if you cannot wish for yourself i can.  Anjali wishes for  arnav to be happy and wants someone special how can get rid of his fears and pain.

In anjam's room, anjali walks in to take off her jewelry...and shyam is asleep and thinking of khushi and regretting not listening to her, and wonders if she will come back and that he will have to go to lucknow.  Anjali notices that he is not asleep and asked what is wrong and if she can do anything..he said not and anjali got said because he did not tell her his problems.  anjali sleeps on his shoulder and shyam said he might have to go to lucknow.  Anjali thought there is a problem with his family but shyam said it is for business...anjali becomes sad again and asked if he forgot...shyam said no in two day it is our 3rd marriage anniversary. and he promised he will be with her on that day.  shyam said talking to you all my problems are gone and i am sleepy now..so they go to sleep.

Nani is walking around with laxmi, saying since Lavanya has been in this house i cannot sleep peacefully...Right then lavanya is sneeking around going to arnav's room, and nani saw her and hid.  Arnav is in his room and he cannot sleep...he goes by the window and the curtain flies on his face and he thinks of khushi and all the instances where the dupaata flies on his face ( i swear anything flying fabric makes him think of khushi).  Then lavanya came from behind and wrapped her hands around his waist😑 (that should be me) and arnav is like what are you doing, la was like no worries i came to say good night and no one saw me.  they sit on the bed and la tried to kiss him and arnav stopped her, and said no one is here...and she tried to kiss him again...but when she was about too laxmi was licking her feet...and she thought it was arnav, arnav showed her his hands and she said your eyes and hands cannot lie but your feet can't...arnav turned on the lights and it was revealed that it was laxmi...la got scared and come on the bed and said laxmi is worse than a ghost...it must be a detective...arnav called JP and nani came in acting like she is looking for laxmi...and she got mad when she saw la in arnav's room and the episode ends

Loved your take.
It was so fun to watch the Guptas were dancing in an old movie song number. The song was cute, I heard it before.They didn't have money but they were all so full of life!

You got jealous to see La beside Hotwa. Gosh I can't stand her beside him. I'm more possessive than Khushi. hehehe. Did you notice Arnav is very impassive towards her. He didn't want to touch her even.Did they really have any physical relationship. May be not.

Nether I watched this shooting star in my life. I think nobody ever watched it without telescope.

the last scene was so funny. La was just a lunatic.
Edited by sohara - 11 years ago