smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: *mad*

Wow..πŸ˜•  i stayed away from IF for few days and I missed out so many parts
Lets catch up πŸ˜Š
and never leave IF again
hahhahah
hahhaha...fire exit.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†thats wht he came up with? it should be other way around yaar
he should keep garima and payal out and pull the emergency break in the lift.. then no lights and cluster-phobic situation would have benefited arnav a lot
ooh dhad dhad is back
"let me check if khushi is dead or alive" wow.. she is not making it easy is she..she is going to make him take a tour in hell...and that last question she asked him.. "can you forgive yourself?" that is something to think about..can he forgive himself...πŸ˜•

omg he is crying.😭.its heart breaking to imagine the great ASR crying.. but then again.. he was acting like a pig head for a while...so he told someone that they met at sheesh mahel.. how come not many people know about this in the story or the fact about their contract marriage...how it happened... how come no one give credit to khushi for that?

very nice caring man????? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†this doctor needs a psychiatrist to chk his own brain...
i love khishi's response .."what the"...hahhahaha..husband and wife with same habits
Mami's response...that woman will never change...hot and cold...

Arnav singh raizada scared???πŸ˜‰ WOW...scared of khushi hahhhahah
and khushi has no idea about things that comes out of her mouth..she need to install a filter sometimes...
OMG...did he just apologize to garima...he is changing his personality
and i like payals dolled up part...hahhahahha😳

everyone is crying...haahhahah...arnav got some talent
khushi decided to take refugee in the kitchen.. one place in any house arnav loves to corner her in??? she also need to check her brain

she hugged arnav willingly? hahhahahahha
hahahhaha...he got cornered by khushi...other way around...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
i love the way he confessed to khushi..he was pouring his heart out...that was really sweet of him
I think now... khushi can sort of forgive him
come on.. he had been going through hell during last few chapters.. i think he deserve a break now
at least get khushi to get rid of her sarcastic comments and make things easier
Btw.. can you please get NK a job? How come he is always on holiday?

Originally posted by: Punkin22

Outstanding beginning with entire family and ASR's apology.  It was good for all the family to come together in one mind.  Khushi's hug brought a smile to my face considering she is huging Arnav.  Their hearts always knows how to communicate.  My personal favorite lines were:

Arnav looks completely lost. Khushi seriously wants to marry me? Is this a... am I dreaming?He wonders to himself. But I haven't even apologized to her yet. Where has the talk about marriage come from? Arnav wonders wildly. Then he mentally smacks himself. Isn't this what you have been wanting since the day your wedding broke? If Khushi wants to come to you all by herself, why are you resisting?

I loved it when ASR is completely clueless and trying to cope.  Arnav saying Amma was a sweet moment between Khushi and readers.  I loved that.

Arnav begins telling Khushi what his heart feels and says.  How can any woman not melt???  Khushi is made of stronger stuff.  Well, Smitzy, how are we going to bring these two together.  I will leave that in your capable hands dear.

Thank you for update and pm...

res for reply
Edited by smitzy - 11 years ago
smitzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: kbtr

smitzy. I think I must be the only one who is not happy here! I mean, I think you are letting him off too easy. Yes, she loves him and he loves her. But that was true too, when he discarded her at the altar without so much as a blink. So why should she believe or even trust him now? I'm sorry, but I don't believe him or his lament. I mean he had said before, he can't live without her. Then he threw her off, like a ragged doll. Now he wants to (p)lay with the (broken) toy again and thinks just because he wants to, he should get it. Sorry, but that doesn't work with me. I may seem a bit harsh here, but hey, he left her at the altar

HE. LEFT. HER. AT. THE. ALTAR.
Whatever the reason, whatever the truth, the fact remains he left her at the altar. This is worse than death for a woman. Especially for a woman who loved him more than life. And what if he had never found his dad's diary? What if he never found out the real truth? Would he still want to be with her? Would he have accepted her? Unconditionally??  And let her be with her mum????  Well, we know the answer to that. I'm sorry, but this Arnav just doesn't cut it!  He has to atone for his sins to her first! He has to atone hard to her. 
And like I said, I might be the only one here who feels like this. But in the end, this is your story, so...
Thanks for the PM. πŸ˜ƒ Waiting to see what happens next!

Originally posted by: babli0204

Minblowing SMITZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Have you planned to kill us?!?!?!??! 

Khushi is so genuinely happy for her amma and Jeeji, but what about her pain, her inner sorrows?!?!! She covers it up so much!! 

Only Arnav can fathom it's depth. And only he can remove it, leaving not even a single stain of that pain and sorrow left in her mind and soul!!! 

It will take both of them to fill up the aching void in their hearts in order to bring real 'khushi' in their lives. They know it already, accept it now !!!!!

Quote: Her breathing hikes up watching him look at her with sad eyes. Aapki aankhein itni udaas kyun hain? She wonders. Tum mere saath nahin ho Khushi, he thinks. They don't realise that their thoughts are actually conversing with each other. They stand like that, locked in the embrace, him holding her tenderly lest she'd disappear like a wisp of smoke. 

You left me breathless in this scene!!! It is just out of the world!!!!!

Their usual dance of Arnav approcahing khushi and she stepping back is reversed here. 
Khushi cornerd Arnav once again!!! Cannot you see and hear his helpless agony Khushi? If not you, then who in this cruel world would understand him ever!??!?!

Arnav is crystal-clear in his reasoning and conviction. Quote:"
Galti meri thi aur isiliye maine maafi maangi!" Knowing him if he had even one single ounce of doubt in his mind he would have NEVER done that!!!  

And Arnav...ohhh Arnav...my heart aches for you. It bleeds as I cry silently. Quote: 
"Maine tumhare bare mein har pal socha hai Khushi aur aage bhi sochta rahunga." he whispers in agony and rests his forehead gently on the side of her head.

Something stirred in me as I have finished reading this!!!! 

Quote:
 "Hey Devi Maiyya! ... Ye kya ho raha hai humare saath?"

SMITZY...I love you just for giving us this!!! 

THANKS A TON for the PMs!!!!!!!!!!

res for reply
smitzy thumbnail

*None of my work can be copied without explicit written permission from me. It's not polite to steal ideas.*

Writer's note: Hmm.. things are going to get interesting from here. I bet no one gave a second thought to the title of this chapter. Think think. Get ready for a surprise fellas!

English version is further down.

Read, Review and Comment

Cheers! πŸ˜Š

Chapter 16 Scene 2

Ten minutes later, Khushi walks back into the sitting room holding a tray with numerous cups of tea and a plate of pakode to a much livelier environment. Everybody was looking visibly happier. Khushi feels heartened to watch her Amma and Jeeji smile and laugh openly. She smiles as she serves tea to everyone.

"To fir tey raha Garima ji," Nani announces as she takes the cup and saucer from Khushi. "Kal aap sab Purani Haveli aaye rahe hain. Aur jab hum Dilli wapis jaye rahe, to aap Shashi ji ke sang humre saath hi chalengi. Unki tabiyat ki dekh rekh Dilli maa hi karwayenge." Khushi turns to look at Naniji in surprise. Apparently in the time while she was in the kitchen, the family had discussed about her Bauji's treatment.

"Theek hai, Maa ji. Jaisa aap theek samjhein," Garima smiles and consents. Khushi hands the last saucer to Arnav without looking at him. But as he takes it from her, their fingers brush slightly, causing her startled eyes to meet his. Arnav holds her gaze as he holds on to the saucer. Khushi's breathing slowly hikes up, but she withdraws her hand quickly and walks back into the kitchen in a huff. Everybody else is busy talking amongst themselves to notice any of this brief action.

Suddenly a young woman runs into the sitting room clutching a piece of paper in her hands yelling "KHUSHI meri jaaan!!" Everyone is taken aback at the whirlpool who had just rushed in amidst them. The girl stops as soon as she sees so many people sitting in the living room all staring at her as if she was an escaped mental patient.  She is incredibly fair, her beaming smile revealing cute crooked teeth and bright intelligent eyes; she looks the same age as Khushi; she is wearing a lucknowi chikan top and dark blue jeans wrapping her stick thin legs; her short hair just about reaches her shoulders. Her excited smile fades slightly and she folds her hand in a formal Namaste to Garima.

"Arre Nandini bitiya!" Garima exclaims. "Aao na, andar aao." She summons her although she was already inside. Nandini's eyes again stray towards the gathering whose looks of shock are slowly fading now.

"Oh, I'm sorry Aunty. Mujhe nahin pata tha ki aapke ghar mehmaan aaye hain Auntyji," she replies apologetically in a sweet voice. "Main to Khushi se milne aaye thi." Garima nods towards the kitchen.

"Khushi rasoi mein hai, bitiya." Nandini nods in understanding and after looking at the gathering one last time, she silently walks towards the kitchen, all signs of her initial excitement completely gone.

The chattering immediately resumes between the family members as if there had been no interruption. However, no one notices NK who still had his jaw dropped down, looking completely awestruck at Nandini's retreating back.

[Kitchen]

Laad Governer kahin ke, Khushi thinks furiously to herself. Humse baat kya kar li, woh to haath pakadne par utar aaye! She dumps the saucepan in the sink irritatedly no wonder thinking about the hand brushing that had just happened in the living room. Woh karna kya chahte hain? Hamari kuch samajh nahin aa raha. Pehle to Amma aur Jeeji se maafi maangi, aur fir humse woh sab kaha... the memory of Arnav resting his forehead on the side of her head resurfaces and Khushi slowly reaches her hand up to the touch the spot on her head. Her heartbeats start racing again as she remembers her low voice in her ears, his breath brushing her ears. Then she violently shakes her head as if trying to shoo away the memory. Khushi! Tu unki baton mein bilkul bhi mat aana! She thinks to herself admonishingly.

Suddenly she feels arms gripping her from behind and Khushi exclaims loudly.

"Khushi kya hua tujhe? Main hi hun," Nandini's startled voice comes from behind. Khushi sighs in relief.

"Arre Nandini ji, aap hain! Humein laga shayad phir se woh laad governer-" Khushi immediately stops herself as she watches Nandini stare at her in confusion.

"Huh? Laad Governer kya?" she asks her enquiringly. Khushi shakes her head.

"Arre woh chodiye na. Aap ye bataiye ki aap yahan kaise?" Khushi asks her. Nandini seems to realise her purpose to have come to meet Khushi and her excitement immediately resurfaces.

"Khushiii! Ye dekho!" she flashes the piece of paper she had been holding on Khushi's face. She confusedly opens it and starts reading. With every word, the look of confusion on Khushi's face gets replaced by a widening smile.

"Nandini ji! Aapko Dilli mein naukri mil gai!" Khushi exclaims happily. "Aur woh bhi Hindi teacher ki naukri!" Nandini nods her head excitedly.

"Teacher nahin, adhyapika kaho, Khushi," She says mock admonishingly. Khushi giggles. Nandini's smile returns. "Hai na ye khushkhabari! Kam se kam Dilli mein main akeli nahin rahungi. Meri itni achhi dost jo rehti hai wahan!" Nandini exclaims at which Khushi happily hugs her.

[Back in the living room]

"Aakash! Tumne uss lakdi ko dekha?" NK whispers to his brother admiringly. Aakash looks exasperated at hearing NK's incorrect Hindi.

"Lakdi nahin, ladki NK Bhai," he patiently corrected him. "Aur haan, is kamre mein shayad hi koi hoga jisne us ladki ko nai dekha ho. Kya toofani entry maari thi," Aakash finishes amusedly. NK looks dreamily towards the kitchen doors.

"Toofani to thi Aakash!" NK agrees. "I wonder uska naam kya hai." He looks at Aakash hopefully. "Please zara Payal se poocho na?" NK encouragingly pokes Aakash in the ribs who looks at him in amazement.

"NK Bhai, aap chahte hain ki main consciously apni wife se ek doosri ladki ke bare mein poochun?" Aakash asks him incredulously. "Aaj hi to ghar wapis aane ko maani hai woh. Mera sawal sunegi na to mayeke se wapis hi nahin aayegi. Sorry Bhai, I can't help you out," Aakash mutters apologetically. Payal nods at him inquisitively but Aakash beams a big smile at her and shakes his head dismissively. NK looks disappointed.

Just then Nani, Anjali and Mami get up from their seats obviously planning to leave for Purani Haveli. Garima calls for Khushi to bid their guests goodbye. NK looks hopeful thinking he'll probably get to see the stranger again, but is again disappointed to see only Khushi come out of the kitchen. Koi baat nahin NK, Khushiji to kal Purani Haveli aa hi rahi hai na, I'll ask for her help, NK smugly plans.

Arnav cautiously watches Khushi greet everyone smilingly. He knows that there is lots of work to do to make her come to his side. But somehow he now feels calm and not as nervous as he had been when he had first knocked at the door. Somewhere deep down, he knows for sure that he will make Khushi happy again, whatever it takes. Arnav folds his hands respectfully in front of Garima and bends down to touch her feet. Khushi's smile fades and she observes Arnav guardedly. After one last hug between Aakash and Payal, the Raizada family leaves.

[Gupta House]

Khushi hugs Payal happily as soon as the Raizadas leave. "Oh Jeeji! Hum aapke liye bahut khush hain!" she says happily. Garima smiles at them.

"Humein to abhi bhi vishwas nahin hui raha ki unka poora parivar iss tarah se humse maafi maangne ko aye rahe," Garima says almost tearfully. Khushi hugs her mother too.

"Maafi kaise nahin maangte? Unki galti jo thi!" Khushi exclaims in defence of her mother. "Aur tum ab rona dhona band karo Amma. Ab in sab beeti baton ko bhula do. Jeeji bhi apne sasural wapis jaane wali hai!" Khushi smiles at Payal affectionately, who hugs Khushi back. The three Gupta ladies engulf each other in a bear hug smiling and laughing happily.

[In the car]

NK and Aakash are having their fun camaraderie going on; NK first teases Aakash about Payal's return and Aakash blushes furiously unable to make any snappy comebacks. Then, Aakash mentions something about the girl who had run into the house much to NK's embarrassment who immediately puts his palm on Aakash's mouth and looks around to check if anyone heard him. Anjali starts laughing watching his brothers' antics.

Arnav, however, is silently staring outside the car completely oblivious to the happenings around him. The gentle evening breeze is caressing his face and all he is reminded of is Khushi's beautiful fragrance when she was hugging him. He remembers the expressions in her eyes changing from anger to confusion to frustration to shock. He remembers her woeful stab at sarcasm. He remembers the way his fingers had brushed hers. He leans back on his seat and closes his eyes relishing each and every moment that he had spent with her. His heart already missing her with every mile of distance he put between them. He wishes he could just grab her and bring her back home, but he knows it will take time before that can happen. And I'll keep trying till you give in, Khushi. I promise you, he thinks to himself. His eyes snap open as he feels someone's hand on his shoulder.

He turns around to see Anjali looking at him concernedly. "Tum theek ho Chotey?" she asks him. Arnav shakes his head.

"Nahin, Di." He pauses for a minute. "Par ho jaunga, jab Khushi ko wapis apni zindagi mein le aunga," he replies. Anjali smiles seeing the change which had come over her brother; from feeling totally dejected that he had lost Khushi once and for all, she could now recognize his determination of him wanting her back.

"Hum jaante hain Chotey. Humein bhi uss din ka dil se intezaar hai," Anjali whispers back, and squeezes his palm supportively.

[Next morning, Purani Haveli]

The clock strikes 10 when Aakash's car pulls into the driveway of Purani Haveli with Payal on the front seat and Garima and Khushi sitting in the back seats. As soon as Khushi looks out of the open window and sees the building closing up towards her, her jaw drops. This really was a Haveli! The car halts in the drive-in portico and Gupta family get out of the car. Khushi stares awestruck at the opulence of the house.

Naniji, Mami and Anjali are all standing at the main doors to welcome the Gupta family with a big smile on their faces. The three Gupta ladies walk inside the house. Khushi looks around in awe; the magnificient staircase at one end and the enormous hall adjoining it. The big maple wood dining table was visible at the opposite side too. There were plush sofas meant to be the seating area. All the people walk in and settle down comfortably on the sofas. Anjali sees Khushi look around the house and mistakes her look of wonder as her looking for Arnav. She smiles.

"Chotey ghar par nahin hain," Anjali announces although cleverly not to Khushi directly. "Unhe business ka kuch kaam tha, isiliye woh aaj subah subah hi Delhi ke liye nikal gaye hain." Garima and Payal nod in understanding. Khushi looks away from Anjali, feeling a pang of annoyance. Unke bare mein poocha kisne? She wonders to herself. After sitting and chatting for some time, Aakash gets up and asks Payal and Khushi to come with him.

"Payal, Khushiji, chaliye main aapko ghar ka tour dilwata hun," he says with a smile. Khushi immediately cheers up.

"Ye to badhiya idea hai jeejaji!" Khushi says enthusiastically and the three of them part company from the rest of the family and go away for the tour.

[AR Designs Office]

Arnav is sitting in his cabin with the members of the Creative Team and the Production team. He seems to be focussed in his work.

"Main Lucknow se jaldi isiliye aaya hun, taki calendar photo shoot ke saar kaam hum log finally start kar sake. What is the status of the tasks? Where are we with the bids?" Arnav snaps at the people assembled.

"Sir jo bids inflate kar ke hamare publisher ne humein bheje the, woh ab normal rates de rahe hain. Maine aapki absence mein unse negotiations kar liye the," Aman explains patiently. Arnav nods in satisfaction.

"Brilliant! Those people need to know who they are dealing with. What about the production? Are the outfits ready?" Arnav shoots his question to the production head.

The meeting goes on all morning.

[Purani Haveli, sometime in the afternoon]

Khushi and Payal have roamed around the whole Haveli by noon. Khushi was especially delighted to see the horses. Aakash was showing the sisters the bigger bedrooms on the first and second floors. When they enter Aakash's room, Khushi pokes Payal naughtily and winks at her. Payal blushes in reply. Just as the two ladies were admiring the architecture of the haveli and the beautiful gardens in the courtyard, NK rushes into their room.

"Guys!" NK exclaims in an alarmed voice startling everyone and breaking off the discussion that had been going on. NK looks at the confused expressions on everyone's faces and hesistantly points towards his room, "I think you need to see this."

Khushi, Aakash and Payal look at each other in confusion and then follow NK to his room. NK is standing in front of the TV with the remote in his hand watching the scene with a grim expression on his face. Khushi notices that a news channel is airing on the TV. She confusedly stares at the screen trying to make out what the anchor was saying.

"Jaisa ki humne aapko kuch der pehle dikhaya tha, jaane mane businessman Arnav Singh Raizada Lucknow mein hain! Par hamare sootron se mile is video footage mein ye saaf dekha ja sakta hai ki woh akele nahin hain." Khushi's eyes widen as the grainy grey footage of a dimly lit staircase is shown. She watches in shock as she sees Arnav pulling her out of the Fire Exit door and into the staircase before locking it up behind her.

The anchor comes back on in his sensationalistic voice, "Shayad Mr. Raizada iss camera ki maujoodgi ke bare mein nahin jaante the. Hamare sootron ke anusaar, ye aurat Lucknow ki hi rehne wali Ms. Khushi Gupta hain. Hum darshakon ko yaad dilana chahenge ki yeh wohi ladki hai, jiska zikar pichle saal hua tha ki kis tarah usne mashhoor industrialist Arnav Singh Raizada ko apne pyaar ke jaal mein fasane ki koshish ki thi." The channel then flashes the clip from last year where Khushi had fallen into Arnav's arms during the fashion show at Sheesh Mahal in a loop. Khushi's hand flies to her mouth.

"Uss mulakaat aur iss mulakat mein bhi zyada farak nazar nahin aa raha hai. Dekhiye kis tarah se, Khushi bhi Arnav Singh Raizada ke kareeb ja rahi hai." Khushi gasps loudly as they show Khushi walking towards Arnav and cornering him against the door. Aakash and Payal are both staring at the TV screen in shock as well. The anchor comes back to the screen. "Sabse badi ascharya ki baat to ye hai, ki pichle mahine Arnav Singh Raizada aur Khushi Gupta ki shaadi hote hote toot gayi thi. To poochne wali baat ye hai ki ye do kabootaron ka joda aakhir kya gootar goo karne mein laga hai?" NK switches off the television before the anchor can go any further. A shocked silence descends in the room.

Khushi seems too speechless to react. The happiness she had been feeling all morning suddenly gave way to a feeling of dread. She feels like she's going to throw up violently. Her feet fail to support her and she crumbles to the floor. Payal rushes to comfort Khushi holding her by the arm. Tears spring up in her eyes. Didn't all this happen once already to her? The public humiliation which she had been forced to face, was that not enough? Hey Devi Maiyya, Khushi wonders in despair, ye sab kya ho raha hai? Aakash immediately dials a number on his cell phone. It rings for 5 seconds before being picked up.

"Bhai?" Aakash says in a tensed voice. "Aap jo kuch kar rahe hain, please usko chodiye aur PSR channel on kariye." Aakash pauses as Arnav replies something. "BHAI! This is URGENT! Please do it right now!" Payal and NK stare at Aakash yelling at his older brother; something that neither of them had ever seen him do. Aakash disconnects the call and walks to Khushi. He gently picks her up from her shoulders and makes her sit on the bed. He motions to NK to get her a glass of water. He looks at Khushi, "Khushiji. Aap chinta mat kariye. We will take care of this." He says to her determinedly.

ENGLISH VERSION

Chapter 16 Scene 2

Ten minutes later, Khushi walks back into the sitting room holding a tray with numerous cups of tea and a plate of pakode to a much livelier environment. Everybody was looking visibly happier. Khushi feels heartened to watch her Amma and Jeeji smile and laugh openly. She smiles as she serves tea to everyone.

"So it is decided Garima ji," Nani announces as she takes the cup and saucer from Khushi. "Tomorrow you all are coming to Purani Haveli. And when we return to Delhi, you along with Shashiji will return with us. We'll get his treatments taken care of in Delhi itself." Khushi turns to look at Naniji in surprise. Apparently in the time while she was in the kitchen, the family had discussed about her Bauji's treatment.

"Okay, Maa ji. Whatever you say," Garima smiles and consents. Khushi hands the last saucer to Arnav without looking at him. But as he takes it from her, their fingers brush slightly, causing her startled eyes to meet his. Arnav holds her gaze as he holds on to the saucer. Khushi's breathing slowly hikes up, but she withdraws her hand quickly and walks back into the kitchen in a huff. Everybody else is busy talking amongst themselves to notice any of this brief action.

Suddenly a young woman runs into the sitting room clutching a piece of paper in her hands yelling "KHUSHI my darlinggg!!" Everyone is taken aback at the whirlpool who had just rushed in amidst them. The girl stops as soon as she sees so many people sitting in the living room all staring at her as if she was an escaped mental patient.  She is incredibly fair, her beaming smile revealing cute crooked teeth and bright intelligent eyes; she looks the same age as Khushi; she is wearing a lucknowi chikan top and dark blue jeans wrapping her stick thin legs; her short hair just about reaches her shoulders. Her excited smile fades slightly and she folds her hand in a formal Namaste to Garima.

"Oh Nandini!" Garima exclaims. "Come in, come inside." She summons her although she was already inside. Nandini's eyes again stray towards the gathering whose looks of shock are slowly fading now.

"Oh, I'm sorry Aunty. I didn't know you had guests over Auntyji," she replies apologetically in a sweet voice. "I came to meet Khushi." Garima nods towards the kitchen.

"Khushi is in the kitchen, dear." Nandini nods in understanding and after looking at the gathering one last time, she silently walks towards the kitchen, all signs of her initial excitement completely gone.

The chattering immediately resumes between the family members as if there had been no interruption. However, no one notices NK who still had his jaw dropped down, looking completely awestruck at Nandini's retreating back.

[Kitchen]

Laad Governer, Khushi thinks furiously to herself. Just because he talked to me, he thinks he can hold my hand! She dumps the saucepan in the sink irritatedly no wonder thinking about the hand brushing that had just happened in the living room. what does he want to do? I can't understand anything. First he apologized to Jeeji and Amma and then he said all those things to me... the memory of Arnav resting his forehead on the side of her head resurfaces and Khushi slowly reaches her hand up to the touch the spot on her head. Her heartbeats start racing again as she remembers her low voice in her ears, his breath brushing her ears. Then she violently shakes her head as if trying to shoo away the memory. Khushi! Don't get affected by his words! She thinks to herself admonishingly.

Suddenly she feels arms gripping her from behind and Khushi exclaims loudly.

"Khushi what happened? It's just me," Nandini's startled voice comes from behind. Khushi sighs in relief.

"Oh Nandini ji, it's you! I thought probably that Laad Governer came back-" Khushi immediately stops herself as she watches Nandini stare at her in confusion.

"Huh? Laad Governer who?" she asks her enquiringly. Khushi shakes her head.

"Oh leave it. How come you're here today?" Khushi asks her. Nandini seems to realise her purpose to have come to meet Khushi and her excitement immediately resurfaces.

"Khushiii! Look at this!" she flashes the piece of paper she had been holding on Khushi's face. She confusedly opens it and starts reading. With every word, the look of confusion on Khushi's face gets replaced by a widening smile.

"Nandini ji! You got the job in Delhi!" Khushi exclaims happily. "And that too of a hindi teacher!" Nandini nods her head excitedly.

"Not Teacher, adhyapika Khushi," She says mock admonishingly. Khushi giggles. Nandini's smile returns. "Isn't this wonderful news? At least I won't be alone in Delhi. After all my close friend lives there!" Nandini exclaims at which Khushi happily hugs her.

[Back in the living room]

"Aakash! did you see that lakdi (wood)?" NK whispers to his brother admiringly. Aakash looks exasperated at hearing NK's incorrect Hindi.

"Not Lakdi(wood), ladki (girl) NK Bhai," he patiently corrected him. "And yeah, I doubt if anyone in this room missed her. She made quite an entry," Aakash finishes amusedly. NK looks dreamily towards the kitchen doors.

"Yeah it was quite an entry Aakash!" NK agrees. "I wonder what's her name." He looks at Aakash hopefully. "Please ask Payal?" NK encouragingly pokes Aakash in the ribs who looks at him in amazement.

"NK Bhai, you want me to consciously ask my wife about another woman?" Aakash asks him incredulously. "Today itself she has agreed to return home with me. If she hears me question, I bet she'll never leave her own home. Sorry Bhai, I can't help you out," Aakash mutters apologetically. Payal nods at him inquisitively but Aakash beams a big smile at her and shakes his head dismissively. NK looks disappointed.

Just then Nani, Anjali and Mami get up from their seats obviously planning to leave for Purani Haveli. Garima calls for Khushi to bid their guests goodbye. NK looks hopeful thinking he'll probably get to see the stranger again, but is again disappointed to see only Khushi come out of the kitchen. Not to worry NK, Khushiji is coming to Purani Haveli tomorrow, I'll ask for her help, NK smugly plans.

Arnav cautiously watches Khushi greet everyone smilingly. He knows that there is lots of work to do to make her come to his side. But somehow he now feels calm and not as nervous as he had been when he had first knocked at the door. Somewhere deep down, he knows for sure that he will make Khushi happy again, whatever it takes. Arnav folds his hands respectfully in front of Garima and bends down to touch her feet. Khushi's smile fades and she observes Arnav guardedly. After one last hug between Aakash and Payal, the Raizada family leaves.

[Gupta House]

Khushi hugs Payal happily as soon as the Raizadas leave. "Oh Jeeji! I'm so happy for you!" she says happily. Garima smiles at them.

"I still can't believe that the whole family came like this to apologize to us," Garima says almost tearfully. Khushi hugs her mother too.

"Of course they came to apologize. After all they were at fault!" Khushi exclaims in defence of her mother. "And don't start crying now Amma. Let's forget the past. Look even Jeeji is returning to her in-laws house now!" Khushi smiles at Payal affectionately, who hugs Khushi back. The three Gupta ladies engulf each other in a bear hug smiling and laughing happily.

[In the car]

NK and Aakash are having their fun camaraderie going on; NK first teases Aakash about Payal's return and Aakash blushes furiously unable to make any snappy comebacks. Then, Aakash mentions something about the girl who had run into the house much to NK's embarrassment who immediately puts his palm on Aakash's mouth and looks around to check if anyone heard him. Anjali starts laughing watching his brothers' antics.

Arnav, however, is silently staring outside the car completely oblivious to the happenings around him. The gentle evening breeze is caressing his face and all he is reminded of is Khushi's beautiful fragrance when she was hugging him. He remembers the expressions in her eyes changing from anger to confusion to frustration to shock. He remembers her woeful stab at sarcasm. He remembers the way his fingers had brushed hers. He leans back on his seat and closes his eyes relishing each and every moment that he had spent with her. His heart already missing her with every mile of distance he put between them. He wishes he could just grab her and bring her back home, but he knows it will take time before that can happen. And I'll keep trying till you give in, Khushi. I promise you, he thinks to himself. His eyes snap open as he feels someone's hand on his shoulder.

He turns around to see Anjali looking at him concernedly. "Are you okay Chotey?" she asks him. Arnav shakes his head.

"No, Di." He pauses for a minute. "But I will be, once I bring Khushi back into my life," he replies. Anjali smiles seeing the change which had come over her brother; from feeling totally dejected that he had lost Khushi once and for all, she could now recognize his determination of him wanting her back.

"I know Chotey. I too am waiting with all my heart for that day to come," Anjali whispers back, and squeezes his palm supportively.

[Next morning, Purani Haveli]

The clock strikes 10 when Aakash's car pulls into the driveway of Purani Haveli with Payal on the front seat and Garima and Khushi sitting in the back seats. As soon as Khushi looks out of the open window and sees the building closing up towards her, her jaw drops. This really was a Haveli! The car halts in the drive-in portico and Gupta family get out of the car. Khushi stares awestruck at the opulence of the house.

Naniji, Mami and Anjali are all standing at the main doors to welcome the Gupta family with a big smile on their faces. The three Gupta ladies walk inside the house. Khushi looks around in awe; the magnificient staircase at one end and the enormous hall adjoining it. The big maple wood dining table was visible at the opposite side too. There were plush sofas meant to be the seating area. All the people walk in and settle down comfortably on the sofas. Anjali sees Khushi look around the house and mistakes her look of wonder as her looking for Arnav. She smiles.

"Chotey isn't at home," Anjali announces although cleverly not to Khushi directly. "He had some work so he left early in the morning for Delhi." Garima and Payal nod in understanding. Khushi looks away from Anjali, feeling a pang of annoyance. Who asked about him? She wonders to herself. After sitting and chatting for some time, Aakash gets up and asks Payal and Khushi to come with him.

"Payal, Khushiji, come on I'll give you a tour of the house," he says with a smile. Khushi immediately cheers up.

"That's a wonderful idea, jeejaji!" Khushi says enthusiastically and the three of them part company from the rest of the family and go away for the tour.

[AR Designs Office]

Arnav is sitting in his cabin with the members of the Creative Team and the Production team. He seems to be focussed in his work.

"I returned early from Lucknow, so that we can start the work on the fashion shoot. What is the status of the tasks? Where are we with the bids?" Arnav snaps at the people assembled.

"Sir the bids which the publisher had inflated have been normalised. I did the negotiations in your absence," Aman explains patiently. Arnav nods in satisfaction.

"Brilliant! Those people need to know who they are dealing with. What about the production? Are the outfits ready?" Arnav shoots his question to the production head.

The meeting goes on all morning.

[Purani Haveli, sometime in the afternoon]

Khushi and Payal have roamed around the whole Haveli by noon. Khushi was especially delighted to see the horses. Aakash was showing the sisters the bigger bedrooms on the first and second floors. When they enter Aakash's room, Khushi pokes Payal naughtily and winks at her. Payal blushes in reply. Just as the two ladies were admiring the architecture of the haveli and the beautiful gardens in the courtyard, NK rushes into their room.

"Guys!" NK exclaims in an alarmed voice startling everyone and breaking off the discussion that had been going on. NK looks at the confused expressions on everyone's faces and hesistantly points towards his room, "I think you need to see this."

Khushi, Aakash and Payal look at each other in confusion and then follow NK to his room. NK is standing in front of the TV with the remote in his hand watching the scene with a grim expression on his face. Khushi notices that a news channel is airing on the TV. She curiously stares at the screen trying to make out what the anchor was saying.

"Like you saw on your screens a few moments ago, well known businessman Arnav Singh Raizada is in Lucknow! But according to the sources who have released this exclusive video footage for our viewers, we can see that he is not alone." Khushi's eyes widen as the grainy grey footage of a dimly lit staircase is shown. She watches in shock as she sees Arnav pulling her out of the Fire Exit door and into the staircase before locking it up behind her.

The anchor comes back on in his sensationalistic voice, "Probably, Mr. Raizada was not aware of the camera's presence. According to our sources, the lady shown here is a resident of Lucknow Khushi Kumari Gupta. We would like to remind our viewers that this is the same woman who was in news last year as the person who was trying to lure this well established business man," The channel then flashes the clip from last year where Khushi had fallen into Arnav's arms during the fashion show at Sheesh Mahal in a loop. Khushi's hand flies to her mouth.

"There is not much difference between the incident of last year and this year. Just observe how Ms. Gupta is also accosting Mr. Raizada." Khushi gasps loudly as they show Khushi walking towards Arnav and cornering him against the door. Aakash and Payal are both staring at the TV screen in shock as well. The anchor comes back to the screen. "The biggest mystery about this is that Arnav Singh Raizada and Khushi Kumari Gupta's marriage was called off last month. So the obvious question is what is cooking between the erstwhile lovebirds?" NK switches off the television before the anchor can go any further. A shocked silence descends in the room.

Khushi seems too speechless to react. The happiness she had been feeling all morning suddenly gave way to a feeling of dread. She feels like she's going to throw up violently. Her feet fail to support her and she crumbles to the floor. Payal rushes to comfort Khushi holding her by the arm. Tears spring up in her eyes. Didn't all this happen once already to her? The public humiliation which she had been forced to face, was that not enough? Hey Devi Maiyya, Khushi wonders in despair, what is all this? Aakash immediately dials a number on his cell phone. It rings for 5 seconds before being picked up.

"Bhai?" Aakash says in a tensed voice. "Drop whatever you are doing and switch on the PSR News Channel immediately." Aakash pauses as Arnav replies something. "BHAI! This is URGENT! Please do it right now!" Payal and NK stare at Aakash yelling at his older brother; something that neither of them had ever seen him do. Aakash disconnects the call and walks to Khushi. He gently picks her up from her shoulders and makes her sit on the bed. He motions to NK to get her a glass of water. He looks at Khushi, "Khushiji. Aap chinta mat kariye. We will take care of this." He says to her determinedly.

Writer's note: yes yes I know a LOT of stuff happens in this update!!! I was at a loss should I keep the Nandini part separate but then it fit into this itself and the part about the news channel showing hospital footage was meant to be as I intended to use it. "Rewind and replay" makes sense now? πŸ˜Š

feedback people!

asr13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfanforeva

LOL!

Hiccups!πŸ˜†
Agree...hum tujhe kitni yaad kar rahe hain...tujhe hitchki aani chahiye, and should knw that v are online and want ur update NOW!

...and NOW ka matlab NOW okay ...ek ghante baad nahi !!!!!!πŸ˜†
Shwetha - lagta hai hunt down karna padega ab !!!!
ipkkndfanforeva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜‰

Will comment tom! Sowie!
Smitaa...why do u always reply at the wrong time!!πŸ˜†

~~Edited~~

Yes Yes YES!! XD
Someone finally listened to my plea!
A girl for NK!! <3

Seeing Nk's reaction i felt soo happy and then i started laughing! :D
And even shs goin to Dilli!
Soo waiting for their interactions!<3 :D

Nice to know that the Raizada's are helping out for Shashis health :)

Well, i totally get Khushi's confusion. After being treated like that...telling her that he hated her and that ring MU, its normal to get confused at why hes acting soo caring and sweet again.
Just hope she shes the change in him and sorts out her feelings as to what she still feels for him.

Tbh i really thought that Arnav would cancel the meeting and stay in Lucknow especially since she was coming over! : /

WTH!! :@ :@

Seriously! How the hell did the footage release, especially a hospital footage! Its not possible right? :O :O

And the way they showed the news!
Really feel for Khushi...it ust be humiliating, seeing that they are telling that shes trapping him.
*Wants to kill the person who leaked it! >-: |

Arnav is goin to be soo damn pissed!
Is he goin to hold a press conference to clear it all out!??
And Khushi wont misunderstand him right, that he leaked the footage!? I get shes hurt and everything par uski koi galti nahi hai! Thoughim pretty sure she'l scream at him!

PS - Yeh lo...animal reference toh yahin ho gaya! LOL!

kabootaron!πŸ˜†
          And Smita what is Totka? :S

Edited by ipkkndfanforeva - 11 years ago
asr13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
res

Shwethaaa - my reply at wrong time ? really ? do you not think her Res happens only as I type my reply ...ever heard of  Totka ?!! πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

Segad - aa jao jaldiii πŸ˜‰

Smitzy !!! - Lagta hai mera bhi comment tom- Sowie! hee hone wala hai !!πŸ˜•

****** Un-resing *******

Uff ! I just knew it ...kahaani ma Twist toh hoye ka padi !!!!!!!!!!!!Tongue

I so want to kill that reporter ...Smitzy ji, aapne toh Chapter ke title ko sach mein dill pe le liyaaa !!!!!!!!😲

*Quote*
Hum darshakon ko yaad dilana chahenge ki yeh wohi ladki hai, jiska zikar pichle saal hua tha ki kis tarah usne mashhoor industrialist Arnav Singh Raizada ko apne pyaar ke jaal mein fasane ki koshish ki thi
Sabse badi ascharya ki baat to ye hai, ki pichle mahine Arnav Singh Raizada aur Khushi Gupta ki shaadi hote hote toot gayi thi. To poochne wali baat ye hai ki ye do kabootaron ka joda aakhir kya gootar goo karne mein laga hai?"

Bet now Khushi Kumari Gupta feels cheated again, I bet she feels Arnav's planned all this ...to humiliate her, just to build the social stigma compelling her to come back to him ...Grrr !!!😑 Just like he had created the circumstances and made her come back to Shantivan earlier on  ...
*goosebumps*
OH God !!!! 🀒 My heart goes out to her today ...ek din mein Surprise, shock, Maafi, Rabba Vey...sab kuch !!! Confused 

Solid Zor ka Jhatka diya woman !!!!🀒 I really really want to see ASR in action now, is Channel ka toh Band bajne wala hai ...and Arnav bitwa, aap ka bhi !!!!

NK ke liye lakdi ...intersting, loved the jaw-dropping btw !πŸ˜†
Loved the command in Aakash's voice, for once ...I always knew you could do it dude πŸ˜† !

Arnav remembering the way she smells, her changing expressions, her sarcasm, the way her fingers had brushed hers ...awww !😭 

I'll keep trying till you give in Khushi ...awww...this is something you'll have to keep on reminding yourself Arnav bitwa for the times to come, because Devi Maiyya and Smitzy dono mil ke bechare ki lene mein lag gaye hain !!!!πŸ˜‰ 
I like your subtle touches in the way you write here and there ...that little interaction between Arnav and Anjali said so much... πŸ‘

PS - Kabootar and gutargoo...hey bhagwaaan ...what is it with animals and you Smitzy...tells tells πŸ˜†
Shwetha - Totka ...ROFL 🀣 ...a jinx ..3 nights in a row !!! LOL !!!! Will try again tonight , trust my reply to again be at a wrong time ...Damn !!! Tongue

Edited by asr13 - 11 years ago
segad thumbnail

Originally posted by: asr13

...and NOW ka matlab NOW okay ...ek ghante baad nahi !!!!!!πŸ˜†
Shwetha - lagta hai hunt down karna padega ab !!!!

Seema
NothingLasts thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
I want to slap Arnav silly! The nerve!!!!
ayshaomar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
what a twist they got caught on camera
and awww bless akaash sticking up to his bro and supoorting khushi
and NK has a lady love, well someone he fancies i like
segad thumbnail
πŸ˜ƒ

Wow you are really going in a different direction with this.  you brought in the guttar guttar in this form.  promises to be interesting.  

Saw one of the previous comments where the commentator wanted to slap Arnav.  I am not really sure i understand that particular comment.  Do you?  Can you maybe explain it to me?  what was Arnav's fault in the media coverage?  or is it always his fault no matter what?

Any way, NK has a love interest now? Nandkishore ki Nandini...😳

Don't know why but I thought that the horses might be one of things Arnav Khushi have in common.  both of them seem to like horses.

Edited by segad - 11 years ago