Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkninja thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Woww just read this FF in in one go it sounds really interesting do continue soon
Venicestar88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
read all of it in one go... excellent writing!! do update soon!!
tinks30 thumbnail
just came across ur FF. its awesome 👏 👏 👏 👏. waiting for next part plz update soon
niharika
Edited by tinks30 - 11 years ago
vedu22 thumbnail
Engager 3 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Chapter 9! Thanks for the nice comments! So, I tried posting pics of Atman and Aman, but my kismat is pretty bad I guess because they didn't appear when I posted them...But try picturing Jay Soni as Aman, and Amit Tandon as Atman. They just seemed right.
Keep commenting and liking!!

Chapter 9

Khushi Singh Raizada. Devi Maiyaan, that was her name! KR now has become KSR! The smile that she gave Atman was more like a grimace. "Thanks."

"Sir! Congratulations! I should have gotten you and Madam a present! What would you like? Flowers? A vase perhaps? Chocolates? I can go and buy it now! In fact let me -"

"Aman."

The way in which Arnav said his name shut the man up immediately. Arnav-sir sounded tired and more than a little angry. He had dealt with his boss since the company began. Aman knew that when Arnav was angry and tired, somebody died. Or at least became seriously maimed.

Aman really didn't want to be both. He jumped when Khushi-madam touched his shoulder and gave him a comforting smile.

"Don't take it personally Aman. Arnav's been like this since childhood." Khushi genuinely liked this enthusiastic man. She was glad that Arnav had someone like Aman to brighten up his day. Arnav must really like him because normally, ASR wouldn't put up with this nonsensical talking.

"Th...thanks Madam." Aman stammered. His boss's wife was so unlike Arnav, yet so like him as well. His mother would call this couple ekdum made for each other!

While Khushi and Aman talked, Arnav stood in the background with Atman, observing. He watched the way Khushi's lips quirked when his trusted assistant said something seemingly amusing, the way her eyes flitted to him every so often, the way her delicate yet deadly hands brushed back those luxurious locks. Everything about her was enticing, and she was his.

For a little while.

"I don't know why you married her, but if you hurt her, I will kill you. She's my little sister."

Arnav turned to Atman who once again had his gun in his hands. He cleaned it with practiced precision, not even looking at Arnav. He knew that if Atman wanted to kill him, he would.

"I won't."

Atman's eyes met Arnav's and the two men sized each other up. "You're not a man of words Raizada, but a man of action. Prove to me that you will take care of her with your life, and then I'll believe you."

It was a daunting task. That is...to look Atman Kulkarni in the eye and not flinch. It was even more daunting to look this man in the eye, not flinch, and lie convincingly.

"I will."

She doesn't need me to take care of her.

Atman considered Arnav's words carefully, trying to look for a sliver of a lie, and he found it. Raizada's voice rose to a slightly higher pitch, his fingers clenched and unclenched, his eyebrows flinched. Khushi already knew what she was getting herself into, so Atman didn't say anything. Instead, he walked over to Khushi, promising himself to keep an eye out on her.

"Sis, before I forget, I emailed what you wanted, so check it out anytime."

Arnav was at Khushi's side in an instant causing Aman and Atman to glance at him, one with suspicion, the other with confusion.

Khushi felt Arnav's presence next to her. He was in her space, shoulders touching shoulders. Not that he cared. But she did.

It was amazing how in the past, these two had spent every waking moment together...usually fighting. Even when both of them became teens and eventually adults, it was easy for Khushi to tuck the feelings she held for this man, her husband, away in an envelope of her mind, one that would never be opened. Yet all it took was one day, one measly day for her to open a corner of that envelope and let some of those untouched emotions flutter into her.

STOP! He's just standing next to you, not even touching you. Don't go all feminine and let him affect you Rathod! Wait..you're a Raizada now...ARGH! Damn you Arnav Singh Raizada!

Even her thoughts were going mental, and it was all Arnav's fault.

"Um...thanks Bhaiyya, I'll take a look at it when I get home." As soon as those words left her mouth, she and Arnav both went rigid. Home. Where was it exactly? Shantivan, or her parent's house?

Her parents.

A

nother hurdle that they had to cross. Arnav said that he had a plan, but she had never trusted his plans before.

Arnav on the other hand, was sweating. Inwardly of course. She couldn't come home with him tonight, that would just look odd. Still, he needed her to live at Shantivan soon...like in the next day or so. He had promised her that he would break the news to their families.

Which meant that the Raizadas and Rathods needed to be brought together, preferably over food. Food was a good tension diffuser. Though he would need to keep the knives off the table in case Vivek Uncle decided to stab him...

"We...we should be going now." Arnav stated somewhat hesitantly. Where would they be going?

Atman sidled up to him and playfully jabbed Arnav in the side. Of course, a playful jab from Atman hurt like hell, not that Arnav would admit it. "Jao, jao. After all, aaj tumhari Suhaag Raat hain na? We wouldn't want to keep you two from anything." He waggled his eyebrows at the two of them for effect.

Suhaag Raat? The two words went through both of their minds rather incredulously. Oh the implications!

"Bhaiyya!" Khushi punched him hard on his shoulder. Her face had turned a rosy pink indicating she was blushing. Her eyes traveled up shyly to meet Arnav's before quickly looking at a spot on the wall.

Arnav turned his face the other way so no one would see the tinge of red that was creeping up his cheekbones. Him and Khushi? Doing...things that married people did?

Her, the blushing bride, sitting on his bed, flowers covering the entire room. She would look at him the way she just had and make space for him.

Him, slowly approaching, sitting on the bed beside her, removing the veil that covered her from his view. He would place a loving kiss to her forehead and push her down into his bed, settling his larger, stronger, harder body over hers.

She would look at him with those wide trusting eyes, silently urging him on. He would smile...a real smile, and stroke those soft cheeks until they became that shade of crimson which he loved. Her hand would tug him forward towards her so that he completely engulfed her. He would place kisses all over her face, savoring her baby soft skin. She would put her hands on his shoulders while he would start divesting her of clot-

STOP THINKING! He commanded himself, face heating up in shame. He couldn't bring himself to even glance at Khushi after that mental image.

Damn his incredibly vivid imagination! This was ridiculous. How could he even picture himself doing that, in such detail no less? To Khushi? With Khushi?

It took years of control for Arnav to not pull out every strand of hair from his head. Frustration was not the emotion he would use to describe himself at the moment.

A suhaag raat was expected of a married couple...just not this married couple. Hell, they weren't even going to spend this night together!

"Khushi." Arnav couldn't avoid his bride forever.

She looked at him again, the shyness that he had seen earlier was replaced by an indescribable emotion. "Kya?"

A rather condescending smirk made its way on his face, one that had her on edge. He was masking his true emotions under another one.

She scowled at Atman who had pushed her forward towards her husband, winking salaciously.

Men are so bloody annoying.

Arnav placed one long finger on his chin, thoughtfully tapping it. "You know, what Agent Kulkarni said had me thinking." He grabbed Khushi's hand and tugged her forward so that they were just inches apart.

He was close enough to see how her eyes were flecked with a mysterious shade of green. Slowly and with deliberate precision, he turned the hand he was holding over and placed a scalding kiss to it as if he was marking her. He noted how soft her flesh was, softer than he had imagined, and couldn't help but wonder if the rest of her body was as pliant as her palm.

His lips never left her skin as he said,  "Tonight is our first night. I really do intend to make the most of it, and my plans include you as a major component..."

She felt the way his hot breath washed over palm, burning her, branding her. His stubble was tickling the delicate flesh of her hand, sending tingles down her spine. From the smouldering look in his eyes, it seemed as though she wasn't the only one who was affected by the innocent kiss. She had seen that look before. It was the one he had that night on the roof, but magnified.

She had to get away from him. His proximity was not good for her health. Were hearts supposed to beat that fast?

His smirk became wider at the way Khushi was trying to escape from him. Arnav wouldn't let her though, his fun wasn't over yet. "So, to sum up my points...chale?"

He was rewarded by eyes that were filled with undisguised hatred as well as a blushing visage. What a contradiction!

Of course, Arnav had to fight his body from reacting as well, which was not as easy as it looked. Turn your pelvis!

Aman Mathur had never seen his boss so open with his emotions. Arnav-sir was making no attempts to be discrete at all!

Not only did this prove to the poor man that his monster of a boss was indeed a human being who had normal manly desires, it also verified the fact that this raakshas (as some people called him) could actually...love.

"Yes, yes, don't worry Raizada. We're going now." Atman clasped the younger man on the shoulder. "We won't keep you from your first night."

Khushi wanted to disappear from Atman's knowing looks. She was his boss for Christ's sake! He wasn't supposed to see her in this type of a position! Devi-Maiyaan, save me.

Unfortunately for Khushi, her goddess had been planning this particular event for over twenty-five years and therefore was not willing to save her most ardent devotee.

The newly wed couple watched as Atman and Aman both waved at them and walked out of the door leaving Arnav and Khushi to stare awkwardly at each other.

Arnav realized that he was still holding on to her and promptly let go, hands up in a defensive position when he saw that she was going to hit him. "Khushi! I had to do something to get them to leave! And I had to make it look convincing!" A secret sigh escaped him when Khushi's fist didn't make contact with his face...or any other body part.

"So, what do we do now?" Khushi asked after a period of silence, still debating whether or not she should hit her husband.

That was the same question that Arnav had running through his mind. This was his idea after all, he should know what to do. He shouldn't say what he was really thinking, it would make her angry.

Unfortunately, his mind and his mouth were not connected at this moment.

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea."

****************************************************************************************
The car ride back to Shantivan was even more awkward. Maybe it was the fact that they were now Mr. and Mrs. Raizada, or the fact that neither of them were completely sure if they had done the right thing. Whatever the case though, both knew that their lives had changed from this moment on.

Khushi's driving was so different from his own, Arnav mused as he glanced out of the window, lost in menial thoughts. Her driving was smooth and fluid, not like his choppy and abrupt style. He supposed it represented their personalities. She was calm and composed while he was anger in human form. Maybe he was a raakshas, just like Khushi always said.

Unwittingly, a small smile made its way on to his face. The facial muscles which had been trained only to smirk were slowly loosening. He didn't know why he was smiling, but it felt...relaxing. Like a huge load had been taken off of him.

Khushi kept her eyes firmly on the road ahead of her, lost in her own thoughts. Well, this day certainly had been eventful to say the least. Oh God! What would her parents think of her? Just yesterday hadn't she been saying how this was not the right time to get married, and how she was still so young?

And now... Tomorrow, they would know about her marriage to Arnav. Both families would think that the two of them were having some sort of secret affair behind everyone's back. And it was all Arnav's fault.

That insufferable, uncaring, hot tempered, IDIOT.

If thoughts could kill, Arnav would be on his merry way to the afterlife.

Before any of them knew it, the car was in front of Shantivan. Arnav however, made no move to get out and Khushi didn't encourage him to do so. The two of them just sat there outside of his...their house, bathed in the darkness, contemplating on what had just transpired.

Khushi tapped her fingernails on the steering wheel, mentally urging the buffoon next to her to leave. Unfortunately, Arnav was not on the same wavelength as her. She really didn't want to tell him to get out, (because that would be rude and they were newly weds) but he needed to get out, for her own mental sanity.

Arnav, contrary to popular belief, was fully aware of Khushi's ire towards him. She wasn't exactly being subtle about it. Still, something kept him rooted to his seat.

And it wasn't his seat-belt.

"Khushi." His voice echoed through the silent car, bouncing off the windows.

"Arnav." She replied back evenly, actually looking him in the eye. "You do realize that we're here, right?"

Of course he did. He wasn't blind after all, but he didn't say that lest he set off her temper. It was clear that she wasn't in a good mood and he was the cause.

Her hazel eyes bore into his own making him feel very aware of how little space there was between them. Even though the car was submerged in darkness, he could still make out the proud tilt of her chin to the outline of her dainty lips to the curve of her cheekbones.

Everything about her screamed perfection. And she was his.

"I...I...Khushi...I want to say -" Arnav was cut off by a hand raised in front of him.

"What? You want to say sorry for making me marry you?" She snorted derisively. "It takes two to tango, Nav. You didn't force me into anything. If I didn't think this was a good idea, we wouldn't be married right now."

Without realizing it, Arnav released the breath he was holding in. At least he had married a sensible person...or maybe not. She was Khushi after all.

Slowly, he opened the car door and it was Khushi's turn to exhale. His presence was wreaking havoc with her normally astute senses. She saw him look at her, piercing her with his gaze. It felt as though she was being examined under a magnifying glass. Usually, it was Khushi who would look at people like that. To have the tables turned was not a nice feeling. She could feel the telltale sign of a blush creeping up her neck...again.

Devi Maiyaan, please make him leave.

Arnav cleared his throat. Why wasn't he leaving her car? What was making him stay and keep wanting to talk to her...his wife?

And there it was...

That word.

Wife.

His wife.

Was that his heart that was beating at such a rate? Surely not. Arnav Singh Raizada's heart didn't even beat for himself, so why would it beat for his wife?

He really should leave. Tomorrow would be stressful as it is, planning was needed for flawless execution.

"Well...I...I should go now." Arnav scratched his cheek, saying the obvious.

Khushi nodded, looking away from him. "Yes, yes you should."

An awkward silence passed between them.

He stuck one foot out the car. "Um, Khushi? Could you tell Uncle and Aunty that they should come to breakfast tomorrow at nine? I've decided to take a day off. Aman would understand. "

"Sure." She replied halfheartedly, waiting for him to leave. "I'll do the same. Sundays are usually slow at the precinct."

Silence descended upon the fated couple. Neither was willing to talk any more, nor did they have any clue as to what they would talk about.

Finally, Arnav fully exited the car much to Khushi's relief.

"So, tomorrow at nine."

"I'll see you there." Her voice was weary, something he picked up on immediately. This day had been excruciatingly long, and tomorrow would be even longer.

"Alright." He looked at her one last time and couldn't help but feel immensely prideful for having such an exquisite wife. There was no denying that Khushi was an attractive woman. Just last week some magazine had said that she was the tenth most eligible woman in India.

And she was his.

For a certain amount of time at least.

But his nonetheless.

"Are you leaving, Arnav?" She asked, exasperated. All she wanted was a nice long bath and perhaps a cup of hot chocolate with jalebis.

That seemed to jerk Arnav out of whatever stupor he was in. He shot her his customary scowl and turned on his heel to enter his house without a second glance at her.

Typical. Khushi thought as she drove away. Not even a 'goodbye'. What kind of husband was he?

A fake one.

Or so she thought...

***************************************************************************************

None of the newly weds got much sleep that night. And they weren't even engaged in activities that newly weds usually did.

Arnav could not sleep because Khushi's scent still mingled in his bedsheets. How could he possibly sleep when roses assaulted his nose? His room felt too hot no matter how much he cranked the AC up.

Khushi could not sleep because she was thinking of tomorrow incessantly. She hadn't even looked at the background check that Atman had sent over. All she could think about was, what would Arnav's brilliant plan be? How would he break their marriage to the family?

Both of them rolled over on their respective beds at the same time and sighed. Only one thought went through their minds:

What exactly had they just done?

So the family didn't get to react...but they will in the next couple of chapters...

Buddy me for PM's!

Edited by vedu22 - 11 years ago
TheDailyRush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
havent read it yet but tfs! will comment once im done reading 😊
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome update x loved it loadz <3 I can't wait till thy tell their famo wonder how thy will react ?? Oh plz Arnav married 2 her just 4 sume time yah we will see that in about sum updates wht she really means 2 u ?? :D update soon xoxoxo
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
KaShArHi_Krishi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Heyy

Awesome part. The sexual tension between Arnav and Khushi is so thick that it can be cut with a knife. Can't wait for the next part. Please continue soon. Thanks for the PM!!

Krishika
TabbyJ. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Haha  i love atman! And yes  i can imagine amit as atman! 
Loved the update!!!!
Nidsubh007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I love the way this story is written. Very different!