Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karmachameleon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

PLEASE READ: I am speechless guys. Thanks for reading Fate-Mate and loving it so much. I don't have words to thank you enough for your wonderful comments and your impatience. Sorry for the delay……

Ssnair and Sirit-of-dead – 7 Pages of 'waiting' Really? – You guys stole my heart today!

I can't thank everyone personally for those wonderful LONG comments, I loved them all. Thanks for taking the time out and writing it for me. I will have to make another update just to thank all those wonderful readers who leave long comments for me to read……..thanks a bunch!! Believe me, that's what keeps me going!

It's the first time I am actually shaking while uploading any update, the pressure is getting to me, really bad! Guys, if you don't like the update – still be nice, do that much for me, please?? Thanks in advance!

After 214 LIKES and 23 Pages of comments later…….I bring to you Fate-Mate's BIGGEST UPDATE SO FAR…..

THE MEGA UPDATE!!

FATE-MATE 25

Part A, B, C, D, and also E, and guess what, F and also G and that's what happens why I get carried away like that – Part H and finally Part I…..

What was I thinking? I need to control it when I start writing like this……..

Read, enjoy and leave comments……..LONGER the better………Love you guys!

I am nervous now, too much pressure, I hope I don't disappoint anyone………

Fate-Mate 25 (Part A)

Khushi: Yes, I do love someone!

He didn't know why but that answer shook him to his very skin………

Piercing it like nothing he had felt before……….

He didn't know if he was angry, upset, or just simply afraid of asking anything else……..

Or knowing anything else…….

Everything became blurry all of sudden………

He had never felt that before………..

His mind became numb………

His body became cold……….

His heart started pumping faster and stopped beating at the same time……….

Why was this happening to him? He didn't know………

Why didn't he like this feeling?

It felt bad……

Very very bad…….

What was it about her answer that made him regret his own very question……….

He finally said……

ASR: Who?

She heard him………

Heard his question……….

She didn't know if she wanted to talk to him about that one question……..

She wasn't even sure if she wanted to involve him in something so personal……..

Personal? Yes, it was personal! Very personal! Her whole life involved around that one name……….

Who? He had asked……..

Ever since she was twelve years old…….

That one name had become such big part of her life……….

There wasn't one day when she didn't think about her fate-mate……..

There wasn't one day when she didn't hope that one day she would meet him………

There wasn't one day when she didn't involve him in her prayers……….

There wasn't one day when she didn't forget that she had talked to him once……….

There wasn't one day when she didn't forget that he was real……….

There wasn't one day when she didn't forget that he actually existed………

There wasn't one day when she didn't regret that she didn't work at DELL anymore……..

There wasn't one day when she didn't think of him waking up every morning……..

There wasn't one day when she didn't go to sleep thinking about him every night………..

There wasn't one day when she stopped believing in destiny……….

How he had called her out of nowhere in the wrong department………..

How they had talked for almost thirty minutes………..

How he was actually out there somewhere, waiting for her………

Waiting for her? Would he be waiting for me? She thought………

What if he already has someone else in his life? Just because she knew that he was her fate-mate doesn't mean that he knew it as well……….

What if it's too late by the time she found him?

NO – she screamed inside her mind…….

That's not possible! He is my fate-mate, we are destined to be together, we will meet one day, I don't know when but I know it will happen. If not now then someday……..

Hopefully soon………

How soon? She didn't know……….

All she knew that he was her fate-mate and they had to meet, destiny will make it happen, fate will unite them, time will bring them together, the universe will make them cross paths, god will make them bump into one another one day, yes, it will happen, one day………

What if it doesn't? What if I never see him? What if I never meet him? What if I never find him? What if we never unite?

Why was she thinking all these negative thoughts all of sudden? Until today, she had always been optimistic about meeting her fate-mate…...

How she wished every day if she could go back to DELL and find out information about him……..

But that wasn't going to happen. She couldn't go back there, not even if she wanted to…….

The one hope she had to find him was gone out the window……..

Just like that……….

How her one night off from work had cost her only chance to find out about him………

She had lost the only access she had to find out about that who..…….

Why? Because of that one night off from her work……..

How was this possible?

It was almost like she could only be around one of them at a time……….

What am I thinking? Her mind wandered……….

Why am I connecting these things all of sudden? They have nothing to do with one another, nothing!

I wonder when my wait will be over…….

WHEN?

How come I have never told anyone about this……..

How can I tell anyone about all this when………

When I don't even know if all this will ever become reality, how I can tell someone about it……..

It's bad enough that sometimes I think that I am crazy enough to think that this will actually happen……

I can't let other people think anything about me……..

She screamed NO…….this time……..out loud……..

She was so lost in her thoughts that she had totally forgotten that he was there too, in that very room, just few steps away from her………

Her trance broke when she heard…….

ASR: No?

She heard his voice again………

NO, that's all she could think…….

She couldn't tell anyone about her inner most secret, not even him………

She didn't want to talk about it at all…….

She said……..

Khushi: No one!

No one, he heard her words and then read her face……….

As much as he wanted to believe her, he could tell that she was not speaking the truth……..

But why did it matter to him if she was not telling the truth? Why do I need to know if she is lying or not? Why should it bother me? Yes or no one, it shouldn't matter to me at all. But she did say that she loved someone earlier……….

Why did she say that if there was no one?

The more he thought, the more complicated she was beginning to get…….

He didn't know if he should ask her again or not………

He didn't even know if he really wanted an honest answer or not……….

He didn't mind the answer she gave him……….

NO ONE, perfect!

Perfect? Why am I thinking like this? Why that one answer is actually making me feel better……..

How could her answer have so much effect on me? Why? Why do I care if she loves someone or not? Why do I want to know if she really means 'on one' or she just said it because she doesn't want to tell me? Why doesn't she want to tell me? Why should she tell me? I don't have to know everything about her. Do I? I don't know. Why do I?

Now he had forgotten that she was in that room, right there, few steps away from her…….

Part B Continues………

Edited by karmachameleon - 11 years ago
karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 (Part B)

His confusing thoughts came to a halt when he heard………

Khushi: If you don't mind can I practice this one more time before I leave? The practice will start soon and I was just wondering that if I can try it one more time………

He looked at her, how she had shifted the whole conversation to something else…….

He said…….

ASR: Yes, that's fine!

Khushi: Thanks…….let me play the music again……..

She walked to the disc player and played the song once again……..she said…….

Khushi: Are you ready? Should I come to you?

He knew she was talking about her dance but that sentence just sounded so different……

Should I come to you?

What was he thinking………

He didn't want to think anything that he shouldn't right now..……

But he couldn't stop himself from looking straight into her eyes and said……

ASR: Yes I am ready……..

Still not sure if he answered yes for her dance or………..

He stood there watching her, how she opened her hair again, pulled her dupatta away from her body again, being little uncomfortable, unlike the last time……..

She did her step again, he couldn't hear any song anymore……….

He was too lost in something else………

Some unwanted thoughts kept barging in his mind………..

He wasn't even paying attention to what she was doing, all he knew that she was there dancing…….

She went around him again, waving her dupatta and then walked away, he felt her dupatta on his face and then he pulled her in again……….

She fell in his arms, arching, totally perfect, just like how the step was supposed to be……..

They both looked at each other, lost in their own thoughts………

He had told himself that he wouldn't ask her anything anymore………

He was aware that it wasn't his business…….

Or at least that's what he told himself………

He had convinced himself that he didn't care for her answer, not at all…….

But he still couldn't control himself but ask…….

ASR: So you don't love anyone?

Khushi: Why do you keep asking me the same thing over and over again?

ASR: You lied when you said 'no one', right?

She just looked at him, not knowing how to lie to his face all over again……..she answered……

Khushi: Yes, I lied…….

He almost didn't want her to be that honest but he knew she was always honest………

From day one, she had been her honest self about everything………

But how he wished this time she would stick to her lie……..

But why? He didn't know……..Why didn't he want to hear the truth? Why all the bad feelings came back rushing in his skin all over again? What was going on?

Why did he want her to lie and not being honest? Why couldn't she just stick to earlier statement, if anything, that answer made him more satisfied, even though deep down he knew that she was lying.

He finally asked……

ASR: So who is it?

Khushi knew she didn't want to tell anyone anything about this. She had made up her mind, she wanted to end this topic, right now. She didn't want to discuss this further, not until she felt comfortable talking about that person, that incident, that dream, that reality, that name……

She smiled and said…..

Khushi: Of course I love someone, everyone loves someone, don't you? I do too……I love my father!

Saying that she pulled herself up, got out of his hold and placed her dupatta back on herself……..

She spoke again……

Khushi: You don't love anyone?

He looked at her, how she was too busy fixing her clothes, how she was braiding her hair again, how she walked to the disc player and got her cd out, she picked up her bag and looked around for something………

She had just asked casually……….

Just a casual question in reply to his question………

So casual that she wasn't even looking at him……..

So casual that she didn't even wait for him to answer………..

So casual that she was too busy looking for something around the room………

So casual that she didn't even notice how he was looking at her………..

So casual that by the time she found what she was looking for, her phone, she had forgotten about the question and said……

Khushi: Thanks for practicing with me, I appreciate it. Now I can go back and tell Priya and that stupid Samar that he is the one messing up! I should leave now otherwise I am going to be in trouble, thanks again!

She was about to approach the door when she heard………

ASR: Wait!

She turned around to see why he stopped her……..

Khushi: What happened?

ASR: I thought you said that if you can love someone without meeting them then why can't you hate someone without meeting them……..right?

She just looked at him in shock, how he remembered more than what she wanted him to……..

Khushi: Yes I did say that, so? She said that with all the confidence in her………

ASR: But you have met your father, right?

Khushi: Yes, what's the point?

ASR: You know the point! Something is no adding up, who is the person you love without meeting? What was that about?

She heard him questioning her, she had told herself many times not to talk so much in front of him. She knew very well that he always remembered everything she said………

She still didn't want to tell him………

Not only him, she didn't want to tell anyone………..

But she had to say something to stop all this interrogation……….

She could have just said that she didn't want to discuss this with him and she knew he would have backed off but she wanted to finish this topic once and for all……..

She thought and thought and thought…………

She wanted to end this conversation for now and forever, she didn't know how……..

Then all of sudden she said out of nowhere……….

Khushi: Why do you want to know?

Now, that's not what he was expecting, he was expecting a proper answer, not another question………

This time he didn't know what to answer to that, why did he want to know? That's what he had been asking himself for the last uncounted minutes………..

Before he could answer her question, she spoke again……….

Khushi: If you must know, my Maa, I have never met her but I love her a lot, I have to go now, bye!

She turned around walked towards the door, lost in her thoughts. She didn't know why she said that, even though she wasn't lying, she did love her mother without meeting her……..

But still, that was a lie without actually lying………

She didn't know what it was, the fact that she lied or the fact that she now started thinking about her mother…………

Her mother……….

Her father…………

Her pain……….

Her eyes got moist, he couldn't see it though, her back faced him………

She extended her arm to open the door, but before that she brought her hand to her face to wipe her tear……..

Quietly………..

He saw the movement in her body………

He could tell what was going on……..

She was about to open the door with her right hand when she felt his hand on her left wrist……….

She stopped, then turned around slowly to see him……..

He saw her, her moist eyes, her eyelash had one drop of tear still hanging there……….

Waiting to roll out any second now…….

She was upset, she didn't want him to see her like that, again………

She didn't know what she didn't want him to see, her pain about her life or her guilt for lying……..

She said in a low voice……..

Khushi: I have to go, I am getting late…….

His grip on her hand got tighter, he never liked seeing her in any kind pain………

Part C Continues……….

karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 Part C

He gently wiped that last tear and said………

ASR: I am sorry, I had no idea you were going to say something like that…….I didn't want you to get upset like this…….

Khushi: Don't worry about it, it's not a big deal…….I really have to go now, thanks for your help……..

ASR: Where are you going? I will drop you off……..

She just looked at him, his simple gesture forced her to smile, a genuine smile, and she said……..

Khushi: To the dance practice, you don't have to drop me off, I can go on my own………thanks though!

ASR: C'mon, I will drop you off, let's go!

As usual, her request was ignored……….

They both went to the car, she gave him directions and he started driving……….

He saw her, she still looked upset……….

She was looking out the window and busy with her usual anxious habit, fiddling with her dupatta…….

He felt guilty for asking her the same question over and over again……….

Though he felt much better after hearing that she loves her mother………..

Though he still wasn't sure why that made him feel so good all of sudden…….

Considering that made her so upset………

He tried cheering her up and asked……..

ASR: So how was your job?

She turned to look at him, feeling much better about this new topic, she said……..

Khushi: It's good and weird………I guess…….

ASR: Weird? How is that?

Khushi: The job is perfect but the place is just sooo you know what I mean?

ASR: No, what do you mean?

Khushi: Everyone is so worried about how they look, what everyone is wearing, everyone is constantly judging everyone about people's looks, clothes, style and stuff…….

ASR: Oh…….

Khushi: And they have this designer………and he is just………

ASR: Who? Manny?

She looked at him in surprise and asked……..

Khushi: Yes, how do you know him?

He realized little too late that he had said too much again……..

He again had to come up with something to cover up, he said……

ASR: I told you I have worked with them before, and he is a very well-known designer…….

Khushi: Oh ok, well first of all he has all this attitude for no reason, he doesn't talk to anyone nicely, he bosses everyone around, first I was like who is this weird guy because of what he was wearing, you know what he was wearing? A tight leather black pant with some designer black shiny shoes and a neon pink dress shirt. Who dresses like that? And his hair, it was a ponytail and mini braids in the front, what the hell was that? Then he had about five hundred pierces all over his body, I couldn't tell if he was a man or some gypsy………

She stopped talking when she heard him laugh out loud………

She was confused and very conscious…….

She finally asked……

Khushi: Why are you laughing? Are you laughing at me?

He couldn't stop laughing still, she had never seen him laugh so much……..

She stared at him for little bit and said……

Khushi: Stop laughing, why are you laughing so much?

He tried very hard to stop himself from laughing, turned to see her confused face and said……

ASR: You know he is gay right?

Her eyes got wider, her mouth opened big, her eyebrows raised……….

She stayed like that for few minutes and then said……..

Khushi: Really? Oh my god that totally makes sense……….

Her lips formed a big smile, her eyes lit, her face looked so excited and she said…….

Khushi: Oh my god, I thought it was only in movies, but this is actually in real too? Are all designers really gay? Now it all makes sense, the way he talked, the way he walked, shit, the way he walked – it was so, so, so gay! How could I not tell? I am so stupid, that was so obvious…….what the hell is wrong with me?

He smiled at her and said…….

ASR: Other than Manny, how was everything else?

Khushi: I felt like I was in a designer boutique with animated mannequins all day, I mean every single one of them were so decked up, that too with minimal clothing. You work in a fashion house for god's sake, put some clothes on……..they don't wear any clothes and they look at me like I am naked……..I don't understand…….you know what Manny called me?

ASR: What?

Khushi: As soon as he saw me, he turned to look at his half naked assistant and said 'who is this Jassi?" Do I look like Jassi?

ASR: Who is that? He asked in pure confusion…….

Khushi: Forget it! Now I will have to explain you who Jassi is then you are going to answer me……too much work…….

ASR: Tell me, who is Jassi? I want to know!

Khushi: It's a TV character, this girl who played a character of Jassi in a television show, she used to work in a fashion house too, in the show of course, and everyone made fun of her because she was ugly and too traditional for the rest of the team…..and……it's a long story……..

ASR: Ugly? You are anything but ugly………

Khushi: Well I think he called me 'Jassi' because I was wearing salwar kameez……….thank god I wasn't there for a long time, otherwise I would have gone crazy. It's like a mental hospital. Everyone is either obsessed with themselves or their hot boss………

He was surprised to hear that, he asked………

ASR: Who?

Khushi: So apparently they have this hot boss, I don't know his name, they call him 'hot boss', now who calls their boss that? He is the owner I think or the owner's son, I am not too sure, and all the girls, I mean every single girl was talking about him. You know how in college all the girls talk about you and how they are all dying to go out with you and stuff, well this was little worse than that. Basically everyone is just crazy about this 'hot boss' of theirs, god knows how people can say such shameless things about their bosses or as a matter of fact, any guy? Uggghhh!

ASR: Hot boss? They actually use that term? He was curious now, very……..

Khushi: Yes, can you believe that? Who says that? And you know what they said when I asked his name, one of the employees said that I don't need to know his name, I am not his type, he won't even look at me or something...Do I look like I care about this 'hot boss' of theirs. They can keep him and his hotness for themselves. He won't look at me? I won't look at him. I don't care about him. I don't care how hot he is or how rich he is or how…….ugghhh why am I talking about him, I could care less about him. I already don't like him.

She was quite worked up by now getting frustrated about the whole boss thing……..

She spoke again……

Khushi: I don't know who their hot boss is but if he is a jerk, he could be misusing those girls right and left……..

ASR: What do you mean?

Khushi: You know what I mean! All these new models, all these half naked employees, they are so open about you know………they don't mind being involved with their so called hot boss even physically just because he is hot or rich or whatever this guy is………I don't understand these girls, how could you even think of sleeping with someone just because you want a job or just because someone is hot or just because someone is rich! It's just out of my understanding…….stupid girls…….

ASR: The staff talks likes that about m……I mean about their boss like that?

Khushi: You think I am lying? Of course they do, especially the girls. They are all crazy about him. I already don't like him, he wasn't even there and I had to get coffee for him. Why? I don't understand. They said that he doesn't have a schedule to come to the office, he comes whenever he wants to or whenever he has to, and he expects his coffee or lunch or whatever that he expects, so every day they get his breakfast and lunch ready, thank god I could leave before I had to bring lunch for this Mr. India!

ASR: Mr. India?

Khushi: Forget it, you don't know half the Bollywood stuff and I can't talk without Bollywood reference, now I wonder how do we manage to talk so much? What do we talk about? How can we spend so much time together when you don't understand half the things I say?

Now that was a question they both wondered about………

How did they get along so well?

He was a loner, she was a social butterfly………

He was secluded, she was always surrounded by people……..

He didn't talk much, she couldn't stop talking………

And many more unexplainable things………

Part D Continues……..

karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 (Part D)

She started talking again…….

Khushi: I mean if he doesn't know if he is coming to the office or not, then why bother others with his coffee and stuff? That whole place is crazy!  I can't blame the employees if their boss is like that. I am just happy that I can choose my own hours, I will make sure I avoid going there around breakfast and lunch, not that I mind getting someone coffee but he should be there at least, why waste food? Rich spoiled brats!

She said in irritation - I want coffee and I am not even there……..whatever…….

ASR: They asked you to bring coffee for their boss?

Khushi: Yes, can you believe that?

ASR: No! I am surprised myself……..

Khushi: Thank god you are not like that, I can safely say that all rich guys aren't the same. Imagine you driving all these employees crazy like that……….saying that she smiled………

He just heard her say all that about him to him. Not knowing how to respond to that. He didn't want to hear her praise him anymore. Was he really like that? He didn't know. He had never thought about it too much. Until now…….

Khushi: What happened?

ASR: Nothing, I was just thinking about…….

Khushi: About?

ASR: Your office……

Khushi: Oh, what is there to think about that? A big mental fashion house with bunch of crazy girls and their vey wanted 'hot boss'. That's it! I like the job though, I am still not clear on exactly what I am supposed to be doing, one minute I am doing the paperwork, then next minute I am getting coffee for Mr. India, then all of sudden I am in their showroom organizing their collection, but I can't complain though, the whole hour thing is great……..

Before he could answer to that she screamed……..

Khushi: STOP THE CAR!! Now! Stop the car!

Surprised to hear that all of sudden……..he asked……..

ASR: What's going on?

Khushi: Please stop the car, now, please!

He pulled over on the curb and parked the car and asked…….

ASR: What's going on? He saw her looking outside with anxiety…….

Khushi: Can you please give me a minute, just stay here, I just have to………

She didn't even complete the sentence and rushed out of the car, he just watched her go crazy all of sudden……..

She slammed the door close, and started running towards the other side of the street, crazily crossing the street without watching the busy traffic……….

She looked disturbed, very anxious………

She finally crossed the busy street and ran towards someone, a guy…….

He could see her panting, she finally got to the guy and patted his shoulder, he turned around…….

She just stood there talking to him……..

He didn't know what they were talking about, he didn't know who she was talking to, and he had no idea who that guy was………

They weren't having a conversation, it was more like she was trying to convince him of something, her facial expressions, her hand gestures, her uneasiness, her eyes……..

They stood there and talked for few minutes, then he noticed the guy consoling her by patting her shoulder……….

Few times……..

Though it was a simple gesture, he didn't like it………

He didn't know why, but he didn't like that stranger touching her………..

He was about to leave the car to go to her when he saw her walk back to the car……….

He just waited there for her to come back, she opened the door and sat down………

He quickly asked…….

ASR: What was that? What's going on? Who was that guy?

She turned to look at him, took a deep breath and said……..

Khushi: Sorry about that, it was Rishab sir, no, not sir anymore, just Rishab!

ASR: Who is that?

Khushi: My boss, I mean my ex-boss! He was my supervisor, I just had to ask him about something…… sorry to make you stop the car like this, it was important, I just saw him walking and I had to talk to him, sorry about that!

ASR: Why were you talking to your ex-boss? Didn't he fire you?

Khushi: Oh, no he didn't fire me, the manager fired me. This was Rishab, he is nice. I just needed a favor from him and I just saw him here, so that's why! Sorry about that!

ASR: What favor?

Khushi: Oh, just something about work, nothing big! She said that without dragging anything further…….

ASR: You are not planning on going back DELL, are you?

She smiled and said…….

Khushi: No, I like the new crazy fashion house! Between the crazy girls and the gay designer and Mr. India, I wouldn't mind working there……..

He heard everything she said, all of it, and yet again most of it didn't add up. Why did she run to him? What was she talking to him about? She doesn't even work there anymore then what favor does she need from him? Who is he? Why was all this bothering him so much? Was it the fact that she was talking to a guy like that. Like that? Like what? She was just talking, that's it! Nothing else, but why did she run to him like that? Like he was more important than her own life? What was that about? It was all bizarre! He could never figure her out the way he wanted to……..

They got to their destination, he parked the car, she said…….

Khushi: Thanks for the ride again! And thanks for the dance practice, I will see you, or not, I don't know, we will be practicing a lot more now and with the wedding and stuff soon…….after the practice I will probably go home and study a bit then I will have to go to the crazy fashion house tomorrow morning, so I don't know……if anything, I will see you in class…….and I will probably be practicing after class again…….so…….

He interrupted……..

ASR: Why are you telling me your schedule?

She just looked at him in surprise, she didn't know why she was telling him her schedule so casually…….

Why did she feel the need of explaining him how she might not be able to see him for few days…….

She didn't know…….she answered…….

Khushi: I wasn't telling you my schedule, I was just telling you………that………I might not be………able to see you……..I mean……..nothing……..I don't mean anything……..I am getting late, I will see you whenever……….bye! Thanks!

That was normal reaction he expected, anytime he said something like that, that's exactly how she had always reacted. From stammering to leaving the car as soon as possible……

It wasn't anything new, he wasn't surprised, he expected her to do this……..

He didn't know when and how her habits had become familiar to him……..

So familiar that it had become almost predictable…….

She was about to open the door when she saw Prasad sitting right where she had left it……..

She picked it up and said…..

Khushi: I will take this back since you are not planning on eating it……..

ASR: I was…….

Khushi: Don't worry about it, one can't force anyone to eat Prasad, I am just glad that you didn't throw it……anyway I will see you later, bye!

He didn't say anything, he just let her take the Prasad and go, he just quietly watched her leave……..

He started driving again, back to his home…….

He was almost halfway there when he saw her CD on the passenger car seat………

He turned around and started driving back to her rehearsals………to deliver her CD………

He got there again, parked his car, got the CD and walked towards the rehearsals………..

It was a proper dance studio, he opened the door, and walked inside the room……….

The room was divided between the rehearsal room and the waiting area outside with a glass wall, he could see people rehearsing inside the room……..

There were about twelve or fifteen people, half guys and half girls………

He searched for her, she was nowhere to be seen……….

When all of sudden he heard someone call her…….

"Khushi? It's your turn, c'mon let's practice, Samar is already here, Khushi?" It was the choreographer screaming her name……..

Part E Continues……..

karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 Part E

He saw her, she was walking towards the center of the room, where her dance partner was already there waiting for her……….

He noticed how she was using a spare dupatta, not hers, and how she didn't even have her hair open…….

He smiled, he didn't know why……..

Then he heard her talk "Listen Samar, I know I am not messing up the step, I practiced with someone and I know I am doing this step right, so if you mess up again, I will not dance with you. I will tell Priya to change my dance partner, I don't care if you are her brother, this is the last time I will practice with you, don't mess up…..okay?"

He heard her threatening her dance partner like that, he couldn't stop smiling, how cute she looked talking like that……..he thought…..

He just stood there, behind the tinted glass wall admiring her……….

They did their step and as she had told him, her dance partner messed up again………

She got irritated and yelled "Priya, see? I told you, it's your brother messing up, not me! I practiced with someone who is a very good dancer and he said I was 'perfect'. So I know I am not messing up, please tell your brother to either dance properly or change my partner, he is making me look stupid dancing like this….." saying that she spared another angry look at the poor dance partner…….

Priya tried to mediate and said "sorry Khushi, can you please try again? One more time, please? I will tell him to focus on dancing" saying that she walked to Samar and said "look Bhai, you need to stop admiring her for now and start focusing on the dance, it's your sister's wedding too, remember? You will have plenty of other time to admire my pretty friend here, so please focus before you lose your chance of dancing with her, okay? And anyway, you are only here for a week and she is not even your type, so just get out of it and just dance. I barely got her to agree to dance with you again, so don't mess up now, if you don't focus, I will definitely change her partner, now let's go!" He replied "I can't help it, I am trying, okay? and what do you mean she is not my type?" Priya replied "she is very traditional, don't think you are going to win her over in just a week, it's not going to happen, okay? Now, let's dance and not mess up!" He replied "why are we dancing on this song? Why couldn't you have picked a dance number or something……..it's so hard to concentrate when she is right there…….." Priya replied "look Bhai, I have told you over and over again, she is not your type, so why waste time, just attend the wedding, dance properly, and go back to your Firangi girlfriends in a week or so……..okay? Let's not waste any more time and start practicing……."

ASR just stood there, hearing every single word of their conversation……...

All of it……….

He didn't know what he felt, it was a different feeling, a weird feeling, in her language……..

For the first time he could understand her usage of the word 'weird',  that's exactly what he was feeling right now – weird!

A feeling he couldn't explain himself, or understand…….

He knocked on the open door, Priya turned to see who it was while Khushi was too busy getting mad at Samar. Priya walked to the door and said……

Priya: Hi, what a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here?

ASR: If you don't mind, can I talk to Glo….I mean Khushi for a minute?

Priya: Oh, you are here to see Khushi?

ASR: Yes!

Priya: Just one moment, she is about to finish her practice, she should be done in few minutes, that's fine?

ASR: Yes, thanks!

Priya: So how are you?

He was surprised to her hear her talk to him. He wasn't expecting a conversation, he actually didn't want any conversation, he wanted to avoid this unwanted conversation but since she was Gloomy's friend, he forced himself to answer……..

ASR: I am fine, how are you?

Priya: Good, just busy with the wedding preparations…….just last minute stuff, everyone is going crazy…….

He just smiled, he wasn't interested in continuing the conversation further, but he heard her again…….

Priya: So are you coming to the wedding?

He remembered Khushi telling her that he doesn't attend weddings and stuff, he figured why she was asking that, but he had to say something, he answered……..

ASR: I will try!

Priya: So Khushi was right? You don't attend public events?

ASR: I will definitely try!

Saying that he looked over her to see if Khushi was done or not? Not that he liked watching her dance with someone else, but………he looked back at Priya when he heard her talk again……

Priya: Anyway, you are still invited if you change your mind………

ASR: Thanks!

Suddenly they both heard……….

Khushi: What are you doing here?

Priya: Oh you are done? We were just talking about the wedding!

Khushi: Wedding?

Priya: Yes, the wedding, remember?

Khushi: What about the wedding?

Priya: Nothing, I was just reminding him to attend the wedding………

Khushi: Oh ok……..

She turned to look at him and raised her eyebrows, almost questioning his presence……..

Priya excused herself to go look over the next dance couple……

Khushi: What are you doing here?

ASR: Hi!

Khushi: Oh, hi…..what's going on?

ASR: You forgot this in my car………he flashed the CD to her……….

Khushi: You came here to return that?

ASR: Why else would I come?

Khushi: I don't know, I am asking you……

ASR: Why are you talking like this?

She didn't know why she was talking like this. When she saw him and Priya talk in college, she didn't like it, and even now when they were chit chatting, she still didn't like it, she didn't know why but it made her more irritated than that stupid 'Samar'. She said……..

Khushi: Sorry, I was just surprised to see you here, that's all!

ASR: Alright, I will take your leave, good luck with your practice!

Khushi: When did you come?

ASR: Few minutes ago!

Khushi: Did you see me dance?

Khushi: How was I?

ASR: Perfect! He answered almost as a reflex!

Khushi: Really?

Khushi: Did you see Samar's dance? Did you see how he messes up?

He just smiled at her and said…….

ASR: Yes I did, I also saw how you were yelling at him………

Khushi: I wasn't yelling. I was just telling him to……..never mind, thanks for dropping off the CD, though I didn't need it right now, you could have given it to me in college or whenever I saw you next………..

ASR: Since you were supposed to be really busy until the wedding, I thought I might as well do it right now……..

Khushi: I am never too busy to see you………

She stopped talking, she said something she shouldn't have said, something that just slipped out of her tongue without her permission, something that she didn't even know if it was precise, something that she didn't even know if it was true, something that she definitely didn't want him to know………..she said again……..

Khushi: I meant you could have called me and I would have come outside………

He saw her being uncomfortable again and said…….

ASR: That's fine, I figured you were probably busy with your practice so I thought I should drop it off……

Khushi: Thanks for your perfect service! If you were worked for me, I would be a happy boss!

He smiled hearing her innocent yet honest statement………he replied…….

ASR: Certainly!

Khushi: Alright, we have to start practicing again, tonight is the Mehndi and we have to finish up on time so everyone has enough time to get ready and stuff. Are you coming tonight?

He couldn't believe she asked him that, considering she was the one who told Priya that he wouldn't come, he answered……

ASR: Your friend was just asking the same thing…….

She turned around to see Priya and then back at him and said…….

Khushi: Really?

Khushi: So are you coming?

ASR: I thought you already told your friend that I don't attend weddings? So wouldn't it be contrary to what you said if I show up?

Khushi: She is the one who invited you, it doesn't matter what I said………

ASR: I will remember that, thanks! I will leave now, bye!

He quickly left from the rehearsals, trying not to discuss this whole showing up at wedding anymore…...

Part F Continues……

..SSNAIR.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Edited by ssnair - 11 years ago
karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 Part F

He drove fast, he got to his home, he was in his room on his laptop trying to involve himself in work so he doesn't think about certain things……..just when he thought he had forgotten about everything he got Skype request……

He almost clicked reject but then he decided to accept it……

Voice: How are you? I wasn't expecting you to answer……..

ASR: That makes two of you………

Voice: What?

ASR: Nothing, I don't understand why guys don't expect……..never mind! What's up?

Voice: I had to ask you something, a favor……

ASR: Looks like a popular day for favors today!

Voice: What do you mean?

ASR: Nothing, what can I do for you?

Voice: Service? Where did you learn that from?

ASR: Have you been talking to Gloomy?

Voice: Who?

ASR: Nothing, never mind, everyone seems to be talking about the same thing today……

Voice: Who is Gloomy?

ASR: I said never mind, what favor do you want?

Voice: It's about Maya……

ASR: NO, I don't want to know and the answer is NO!

Voice: Are you at least going to listen to what I have to ask?

ASR: NO, sorry!

Voice: Why are you like this? Why can't you ever just change your mind for people you care about?

ASR: I don't care about Maya!

Voice: I am talking about me, you care about me right?

ASR: Of course I do, you know that, why would you even say that? You are the only person I…….forget it!

Voice: If you care so much about me then why don't you listen to me?

ASR: I do listen to you, but I don't want to hear anything about Maya…….

Voice: Why can't you ever do something that makes people around you happy? It can't be that hard……

ASR: You know very well I am not a people pleaser, and don't compare yourself to others, don't play that card, I always listen to you and you know that…….

Voice: Then why aren't you listening to me right now?

ASR: I am, I just don't want to talk about Maya, that's it! If you have anything else to say, please go ahead…..

Voice: Fine, I won't talk about Maya! So how do you like India?

He smiled hearing that question for the first time since they started their conversation…..

ASR: It's interesting, people here are very interesting, I am learning a lot about Indian culture!

Voice: You are? Like what? Tell me……..

ASR: I don't know, just normal stuff, things that I was never aware of!

Voice: Like what? And who is teaching you all this? Since when do you let people teach you what to do? Who has replaced me? I am jealous!

ASR: You know no one can replace you……..

Voice: So who is it?

ASR: A very interesting person I met here in college…….

Voice: A girl?

ASR: Yes, why is that important?

Voice: It's very important! I want to know everything, tell me quick!

ASR: Calm down, there is nothing like that. She is just…….very Indian I guess……

Voice: So she is teaching you Indian culture?

ASR: No she is not teaching ME but she does too many things that I can just watch her and learn, she is very different, I have never met anyone like that. She is just different………

Voice: What's her name?

ASR: Gloomy, well that's the name I gave her!

Voice: Why did you give her a name? What's her name?

ASR: Why are we talking about her? Let's drop the subject!

Voice: Oh c'mon, you have never talked like this about anyone before, I want to know. Who made you this happy? I want to know more about her, tell me…….

ASR: It's nothing like that, what's going on with you these days?

Voice: Don't think that I don't know that you are changing the subject, but do let me know when you want to talk about this new positive change in your life, I already like whoever this Gloomy is!

ASR: It's not that big of a deal, she is just a friend?

Voice: Just a friend? Are you thinking about her right now?

As soon as he answered that, he realized how quickly he answered to that question……..

He couldn't say anything anymore, he just stared at the screen, not knowing what to say……

Voice: Well, I will let you go back to thinking about your just a friend, I will talk to you soon! Take care! Oh, one thing, don't just sit there and convince yourself that she is just your friend while someone else makes her more than just a friend!

ASR: What?

Voice: You really don't understand? Don't you think if a girl who can make you think about her, YOU, the guy who has never let anyone this close to him, you have given her a new name, you are talking about her, you are thinking about her, if she can make you think about her, I am sure there are many other guys who don't want her to be just friends with her. Don't just sit there and let your past haunt you. I hope you know what I mean! Take care and enjoy learning about India and Indian culture.

ASR: No one knows this more than you that I don't believe in all this. I try to stay away from all this. I can never do this, you know that!

Voice: When there is someone special, you don't have a choice anymore, you won't sit there and decide if you will do something or not! It just happens, and I think it has already happened to you. You can deny it all you want but you can't stay away from whatever you are planning on staying away too long. I can see in your eyes…….

ASR: Bye!

Voice: I am not surprised by you closing up again, fine bye! Go back to your shell, I won't bug you anymore…..

Part G Continues……..

samster03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry dear..i thought d parts got over..!!!! Thx for givin us a mega update..!!! Loved it...waitin for d truth to be out soon..!!!Edited by samster03 - 11 years ago
karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 Part G

He exited the screen and just sat there staring at the blank screen. All of sudden the whole conversation between Priya and Samar came back to him. Why? He didn't know. Why was he thinking about that all of sudden? The whole dance practice flashed all over again, her dance with Samar.

He closed his eyes for some peace but all he could see was her face……..

Her pretty eyes……..

Her big smile……..

Her long hair……….

Her crying……..

Her stubbornness……….

Her uniqueness……….

Her clapping and jumping while watching a movie………

Her complaining about her boss to him………..

Her asking him to do Titanic Pose with him………..

Her forcing him to drink chai…….

Her feeding him soup………

Her freaking out when seeing the needle……….

Her talking to his doctor………

Her enjoying the rain……….

Her Bollywood references………..

Her being so Indian………

Her showing up at his house so early in the morning………..

Her asking him to feed her yogurt………

Her going to the temple……..

Her blasting the music in his car………

Her giving him Prasad and also taking it back………

Her asking him to practice dance with her……….

Her talking to the wall……….

Her fighting the controls…….

Her eating ice cream………

Her getting high………

Her proposing him……….

Her dancing on his bed………..

Her trying to shower with her clothes on……

Her saying that his eyes were sexy……….

Her touching his lips……..

Her kissing him……….

Kissing him………

Her kissing him for the first time………

Their first kiss………

The kiss that she didn't even remember………..

The kiss that he could never forget………..

Their first kiss………

The first kiss that was so unexpected……….

The first kiss that was so innocent…….

The first kiss that was so pure……….

The first kiss that was so blissful………...

The first kiss that was so heavenly………

The first kiss that was so perfect……….

Their first kiss……..

He instantly opened his eyes, almost trembling, remembering how he had lied to her about their kiss. How he had told her that they never kissed. How he denied the fact that she actually remembered parts of it. How he couldn't muster enough courage to tell her the truth……….

About their first kiss………

He closed his eyes again, this time with guilt. For being a liar! For not letting her know something so big about her own life. For not making her aware of something that was so big for her. For just not telling her the truth. Why didn't he tell her? What was he afraid of? Was he afraid that she would feel guilty or was he afraid that he would lose their friendship all over again?

Friendship? Were they really just friends? He didn't know. Do friends do things like this? I don't know, he thought. Things like what? There is nothing extra ordinary that we do that other friends don't do. Really? Who am I trying to convince? Myself or someone else? Is she really just my friend?

No, I have to stop this, I can't think like this. I don't believe in all this. Not at all. I can never get into something like this. Things don't happen like this. Things don't always seem the way they are. Things don't always end up the way we want to. Life never gives you what you are expecting. Nothing goes the way you plan it. If anything, things usually happen opposite of what you want. Life is a mess, total mess.

Especially my life………

How could I even think about all this? NO, I can't!

He closed his eyes again……….

But again………

Her face flashed in his eyes, in his mind, all over again……..

He opened his eyes……

He picked up his cell phone……..

He didn't know why he had this sudden urge to talk to her……….

He wanted to hear her voice……..

He didn't know why……

But her voice always soothed his scattered mind………

He went to the dialed calls list and redialed Gloomy………

He wasn't sure if he should have called her at all but he couldn't control himself………

There was nothing he couldn't control, but anytime it was about her, his mind would stop working and he would always end up doing just the opposite……..

Her phone was ringing………

Part H Continues……….

karmachameleon thumbnail

Fate-Mate 25 Part H

He wanted her to pick the phone and hoping that she wouldn't pick it up at the same time………

He could have ended the call but he didn't, he just held the phone to his ears waiting for her to answer his call………

Khushi: Hello?

Khushi: Hi!

They were both silent, she was waiting for him to say something, and he didn't know what he should say……

Khushi: Are you there?

ASR: Yes! How are you?

Khushi: Good, just like earlier……..

ASR: What are you doing?

Khushi: I was getting ready for the Mehendi?

ASR: Oh, sorry to bother you!

Khushi: No you are not bothering me at all. I have enough time to get ready, you tell me, what are you doing?

ASR: Nothing!

Khushi: Why did you call me?

ASR: I can't call you?

Khushi: No it's not that, you never call me, that's why!

ASR: I never call you?

Khushi: No……

ASR: Really?

Khushi: Yes, I don't think you have ever called me, well other than that day after that not-so horrible night………

He walked to his window………

Opened it……….

He stood there and let himself feel the cool wind………..

While he remembered…………

About that night again, how she was standing there that night………all high………

He recalled their kiss again……..He said……

ASR: Oh!

Khushi: So?

ASR: So?

Khushi: Do you need something?

ASR: No…….I don't need anything…….

Khushi: True! What would you need from me?

ASR: Why would you say that?

Khushi: Because it's true!

ASR: You don't know that…….

Khushi: You are saying that you would need something from me? Really? Like what?

ASR: Like…….like anything…….like…….

Khushi: Exactly! You don't need anything from me.

ASR: You never know………I might……..

Khushi: I will wait for that day when you need something from me!

ASR: Why?

Khushi: Because, it's always me needing stuff from you all the time and you always help me, so I would like to be in your shoes too sometimes………saying that she giggled…….

Her laugh made him smile………

All of sudden he had another urge to see her, right now………

He wanted to see her face so badly…….

He didn't know why……….

Maybe because he was talking to her or maybe because he was standing right where they had kissed the first time………

He replied……..

ASR: I don't think like that…….I don't know why you even think like that…….

Khushi: You don't think like that because you are always on the giving end, not the receiving end, you will know what I mean when you are on the receiving end one day……..like me……..

ASR: I don't know……..

Khushi: You will, one day…….

ASR: How are you always so sure about everything all the time?

Khushi: I am not sure about everything! Maybe lots of things but definitely not everything………

ASR: I have never seen you being pessimistic about anything…….

She laughed again and said……..

Khushi: It's because you are so humble yourself that you always see the positive things in others as well…….

ASR: I don't think that's what it is…….

Khushi: Then what is it?

ASR: It's probably because you are an optimistic person…….

Khushi: Thanks, only you would say that after seeing me cry so many times already……

ASR: Crying is not that bad…….

Khushi: Really? I never knew that……..

Saying that she sat on her bed, crossed her legs, placed her pillow on her crossed thighs and rested her elbows on the pillow……….

ASR: Do you have to go? You must be getting late…….

Khushi: No I am not getting late at all, it won't even matter if I am late, it's not like it's my wedding……

ASR: Do you always think about your wedding?

Part I Continues……..