Rain oh pain-Archana

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Rain, oh the pain!

Bollywood and TV stars had to suffer the wrath of the monsoons too yesterday

Just when you thought it was only the common man trudging through dirty water, we found a horde of celebs with their share of the rainy blues

Ajay Devgan, actor
He was scheduled to attend a film shoot in Andheri (E), but couldn't even leave home. His bungalow was submerged in four feet deep water. "I couldn't even get to office which is five minutes away from home."

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, musicians
The musical trio was headed to Goa for a show. They were stuck at the airport and then in the aircraft!

Serial killers!
All Balaji shoots were called off due to the heavy downpour and also since Sankraman studio, where most of them are shot, was flooded.

The rains affected Bollywood's favourite hunting ground Film City too. Major shoots were cancelled, including Salman Khan's 'Jaaaneman' and 'Babul'.

Rakshanda Khan, actor
"I was going to Goregaon for a shoot. Since I was stuck on the road on 26/7, I was really scared. I had to turn around and go back to my place at Oshiwara," she says.

Bipasha Basu, actor
She cancelled all her interviews in town, once she took a look at the rains. 

Archana Puran Singh, actor
She was on her way back to the city from Madh Island. "I had to turn back at Malvani as my car got submerged. I met my husband mid-way and we managed to reach home."