Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DrishS thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
๐Ÿคฃ you are too good Vidhya, poor poor Aadit, it just wasn't his day right, climbing into ASR's window, Anj teasing him, going to visit Khushi and finds ASR there too, and lastly all the others teasing him ๐Ÿคฃ but, ASR is going to have to learn a few things from him ;)

On a more serious note, are you planning something with Nita, is there more to it than meets the eye? Because Fred seemed very very worried..

Loved the update! Continue soon
prettyasjen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This is awesome!!! Update soon!!
-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hey,

Apologies for the late reply. I just caught up.๐Ÿ˜Š

Well, you've been delaying the date but I don't really mind. But that doesn't mean I don't want one. Coming to the update, I literally Laughed out loud. Aadit is going through a real bad luck. First, the footsie disaster and then, the climbing accident. Well, he needs to be careful. Anjali will not be able to save him from ASR's wrath for long.

Aramis/Harami..๐Ÿคฃ

Like Freddy, I too am worried about Nita. Something's fishy about this frequent sickness.

Coming to Arnav and Khushi.. Well, to one it is foolish expectations and the other romantic desire.. So, is ASR going to turn foolish to fulfill his ladylove's demands? ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the PM.

Love๐Ÿ˜Š
madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Dee-

Hey,

Apologies for the late reply. I just caught up.๐Ÿ˜Š

Well, you've been delaying the date but I don't really mind. But that doesn't mean I don't want one. Coming to the update, I literally Laughed out loud. Aadit is going through a real bad luck. First, the footsie disaster and then, the climbing accident. Well, he needs to be careful. Anjali will not be able to save him from ASR's wrath for long.

Aramis/Harami..๐Ÿคฃ

Like Freddy, I too am worried about Nita. Something's fishy about this frequent sickness.

Coming to Arnav and Khushi.. Well, to one it is foolish expectations and the other romantic desire.. So, is ASR going to turn foolish to fulfill his ladylove's demands? ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the PM.

Love๐Ÿ˜Š

Yep...this FF has become the tale of ASR and KKG's never happening date๐Ÿ˜†. Sorry abt that. And yeah...Aadit is going through a rough patch here.

So, is ASR going to turn foolish to fulfill his ladylove's demands? ๐Ÿ˜†

I don't know. Should he? ๐Ÿ˜† I haven't decided yet. Seems very anti-ASR like to scale walls for a girl..but you never know...love being blind and all that. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Take care and thanks for reading.

madmaxine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fahmz

LOL, that was fantastic โญ๏ธ

Many thanks!

Originally posted by: Krishnaluv94

Aw poor baby! lol Cant wait to read more!

Thanks!

Originally posted by: DrishS

๐Ÿคฃ you are too good Vidhya, poor poor Aadit, it just wasn't his day right, climbing into ASR's window, Anj teasing him, going to visit Khushi and finds ASR there too, and lastly all the others teasing him ๐Ÿคฃ but, ASR is going to have to learn a few things from him ;)

On a more serious note, are you planning something with Nita, is there more to it than meets the eye? Because Fred seemed very very worried..

Loved the update! Continue soon

Yep..Not Aadit's day. But then, it never is, is it? He's such a clumsy oaf๐Ÿ˜†

Re Nita...you'll have to read to find out.

And thanks dear.

Originally posted by: kins103

continue soon

Will do!

Originally posted by: prettyasjen

This is awesome!!! Update soon!!

Thanks much!

madmaxine thumbnail
Thanks everyone for reading and commenting. Next chapter in a few hours. Need to go home and eat something...am absolutely starving.  I can only write when I can think! And I can't think on an empty stomach. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Anyways..see you soon! ๐Ÿค—
frockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
i wish you could lend your brains to the cvs for a couple of days.

dying to see this on screen.. atleast a tweaked version.
madmaxine thumbnail

Chapter 22: Some rain must fall...

One week later

Anjali walked into Aadit's office with a basket. "Surprise!" she said gaily, smiling at him.

"Anju! What a lovely surprise!" said Aadit, looking up from his laptop. He walked to her and put his arms around her. He bent his head and kissed her thoroughly. "Aadit! Stop it. It's your office. Anyone can walk in at any moment." She said when he pulled away.

"I don't care. Let the whole world see!" said Aadit, putting one arm around her waist as they walked to his desk.

"Chotey! What are you doing here," said Anjali suddenly, turning to the door. Aadit pulled away from her real quick. He turned to the door, panicking. There was nobody there. Then he turned an exasperated look at Anjali. "That was below the belt Anju. You're going to pay for that," he said as she sat on the chair opposite him.

"I couldn't help it. You're so afraid of Chotey. And you were being so alpha male and territorial there that I just had to. I love seeing you all flustered," she laughed.

"You wait! I know a very good way to get you all flustered," said Aadit leaning in towards her. She swatted him away. "Behave!" she said, "I bought us lunch." She opened the basket she had bought to reveal some neatly packed boxes. They ate the sandwiches she had bought companionably. For dessert she she'd bought gulab jamuns that she'd made herself. He insisted that she feed him the gulab jamuns, so she picked one up in a spoon and held it out to him.

"Not like that! With your hands," he said.

"Aadit. My hands will get all sticky," she said.

"Never fear. I'll lick all the syrup off!" he said, winking at her.

"When you put it that way!" she dipped her fingers into the box and held out one gulab jamun to his mouth. He ate it in a single gulp.

"You are such a pig. Eat it in parts or you'll choke," she complained.

"Next one please, he commanded," not appearing to pay much attention to her instructions. She held the second one out to him. This time he bit into one half as she'd commanded. He was licking the juice off her fingers as promised, when Anjali looked up and suddenly said, "Chotey!"

"I'm not falling for that one again Anju!" said Aadit, as he recommenced his licking. She pulled her fingers out of his mouth. "No really, it's Chotey!" she said, turning red.

Aadit didn't even bother to turn around. "Yes, right. And I'm Shah Rukh Khan. Try me another baby!" He pulled her close and tried to kiss her. She pushed him away and turned his head around. ASR stood at the door looking livid.

"A-A-A-SR! Oh! Hi there. S-s-sorry. Didn't see you. Anj-Anj-Anjali and I were just having lunch together," he stammered.

"OK. Shah Rukh. I've had enough of your K-K-K-K-Kiran impersonation," said ASR, decimating Aadit with a single glare.

"Have you finished your lunch Di?" he asked, his meaning obvious.

"Yes. Yes, I have. And very nice lunch it was too. Dessert was the best part." Said Anjali, laughing at her uptight brother and her petrified Boyfriend. "I'll be going now," she smiled at Aadit, patting him on the hand gently. "You remember the rules Chotey! No touching him!" she warned, glaring at ASR as she walked out.

ASR waited till her footsteps receded down the hallway before walking towards Aadit menacingly. "If I ever see your mouth on her fingers again, I may just have to kill you," he said quietly.

"Actually, her fingers were in my mouth. There's a difference," said Aadit who liked to get the nuances of the situation right.

ASR turned purple with rage. "OK. Look. My Di is dating you. What she sees in you, I don't know. Whatever. I have to put up with you. What I don't need to see, is you kiss'gross, I can't even say it. Anyways, what I don't need to see is the physical demonstration of your errr...passion," said ASR tighly. "Gottit?"

"Umm. Yeah. Gottit!" said Aadit, swallowing uncomfortably. He just couldn't catch a break with ASR, he thought sadly. "ASR must think I spend all my time jumping his sister. God!" he groaned, as he mentally reviewed all the incidents so far. First, there'd been the "footsie fiasco", then the "spiderman crawl" gone wrong and now this. "The case of the foolish fingers."  Aadit sighed heavily and went back to work.

ASR marched into Freddy's office. "That fool Aadit is always around my sister, touching her and doing er'things to her!" he exclaimed. "If I ever catch him doing anything like that again I may have to murder him and feed his remains to the dogs."

Freddy looked up from his work. "How can I help?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're his friend, right? Tell him to lay off my Di!"

"As far as I can tell, Di seems to like it," said Freddy smiling. "In any case, I have other things on my mind today," he said  dismissively.

"What? Is your dog depressed again?" asked ASR, snorting.

"No, you fool. Minnie's not in today. And she's not picking up her phone. Nigel called to say Nita's sick again. Really sick. Minnie's made an appointment with the pediatrician this evening," Said Freddy seriously.

"Damn! What do you think is wrong with the child?" asked ASR, looking concerned.

"I don't know. And I don't want to speculate. Maybe she does just have the flu. In any case, nothing we can do till she sees the doctor."

"Why didn't she tell me? I told her I know a really good doctor. He would've come home to see Nita," Said ASR looking exasperated.

"ASR! She didn't tell anyone. Not even me or Aadit. She just took the day off. I only know because of Nigel. When she withdraws into her shell like this, it's not a good sign. Last time this happened, she was trying to get custody of Sheila and having a rough time. She told no one until the ordeal was done with," said Freddy.

ASR sighed. "How do you help someone who doesn't want your help?" he asked Freddy despondently.

"Well, there's a sonnet by John Milton called On his Blindness that's apt for such situations. It ends with the beautiful lines, "They also serve, who only stand and wait" said Freddy somberly.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning we just have to be there for her. Unobstrusively. And when she needs us, she'll call out to us. And if she doesn't, we'll just wait there. Watching over her and her children and loving them as best as we can" finished Freddy softly.

"You really love her, don't you?" asked ASR.

"Well. Nobody else can put up with cranky old Freddy like Min can. Anyway, I will drop by her place later tonight. You want to go?" he asked.

"Yes. Absolutely." Said ASR. He had seen Khushi only at work the last one week. She'd seemed preoccupied and he didn't want to ask her out when she was distracted. So he'd been very casual with her, and she'd reciprocated. He wanted to see her and the children. He wanted to help her. Be there for her. But you couldn't help someone who pushed you away when the going got tough. This was going to be hard, he mused.

Khushi waited distractedly at the doctor's office. She'd been very worried since the last episode of fever that Nita had had. She hadn't seemed to throw it off completely. She'd been lethargic and cranky all week. Her temperature was normal most of the time, but she didn't want to play at all. She seemed exhausted and pale. It wasn't like Nita at all. She was always bursting with energy. The doctor had taken a look at Nita and run a few tests. He hadn't said much but he'd looked grave and pointed out a few pin-point hemorrhages under Nita's skin on her arms. Almost like a rash. They were called "petechiae" he explained. He said she looked anemic and wanted to run some routine blood tests before he could venture an opinion. He had however said, that he didn't think it was merely the flu. She was waiting for the results. He'd had the lab rush them through quickly.

"Mrs.Gupta?" called the doctor.

"It's Ms.Gupta, doctor. Are the results back? What is it?" asked Khushi standing up quickly. Nita had fallen asleep again and Khushi had put her in the stroller.

"Step inside Ms.Gupta," said the doctor, holding open the door for her. He was a nice man, about 50 years old. He'd come highly recommended from a friend of Khushi's. Khushi walked in nervously, pushing the stroller. After she sat down on the chair he pulled out for her, he spoke. "Ms.Gupta, Nita's white blood counts are off the charts. She'a also anemic, so her red cell counts are very low. But that's not the most worrisome thing. Her white counts are of great concern, Ms.Gupta. I am doing a blood smear and we should have the pathologist read it and give us a report soon. Also, I want to do a bone marrow biopsy. She has an enlarged spleen. That, coupled with the white cell counts and the little hemorrhages I showed you under her skin suggest that she might have Leukemia." He finished, looking at her seriously.

"Leukemia. You mean like Cancer?" asked Khushi, panicking. Her heart was suddenly beating very, very fast.

"Leukemia is a form of Cancer Ms.Gupta, yes. But we need to make sure that it is in fact leukemia first. For that, I'll need to do a bone marrow biopsy. Also, if it turns out to be Leukemia, it is likely what we call ALL or acute lymphoblastic leukemia. It has a very good prognosis in children her age." He finished. "We can start treatment immediately. I know a very good pediatric oncologist."

"Are you sure it's not just the flu? We just came here from London you know. It could just be the change in weather. She's usually so energetic and she has been eating well since she got here. Maybe it's just the loss of appetite? She can't have cancer. She just can't. She is 18 months old. She can't have cancer. She's my baby!" Khushi said hysterically. She looked at Nita, sleeping peacefully. The thought that Cancer might be gnawing at her baby's insides was sickening. She could not accept it. Would not accept it.

The doctor looked at her sympathetically. "I know Ms.Gupta. It's a shock. Is there someone you can call who will take you home? You shouldn't be driving in this state. And I promise you, we will do everything we can for Nita. There's no need for pessimism. I have every rreason to believe that if she has ALL, she will respond very well to therapy." Khushi heard the words, they washed over her. But they made no sense. Her baby was sick. It's all she could grasp. Her baby might have Cancer. It was too much to take. She pulled herself together with difficulty.

"No. I'm not driving. There's a chauffeur waiting with the car. Thanks for asking. You will call me as soon as you hear from the pathologist?" she asked the doctor quietly, squaring her shoulders as if preparing for battle.

"Of course Ms.Gupta. And we'll schedule the biopsy as soon as I see the report." He said.

Khushi left the office quickly, pushing the stroller jerkily. She wanted to get home before she lost her composure completely. Nigel was waiting anxiously for her at home. She told him what the doctor said quietly. Her face was wan, but her eyes were dry. Nigel on the other hand, reacted by bursting into tears. He loved Nita like she was his own child. He had been her nanny for a year now. He was devastated. Poor Sheila didn't understand what was happening and looked scared. Khushi put Nita in Nigel's lap and took Sheila upstairs to read her a story before she slept. It was almost her bedtime. When she came down 30 minutes later, Nigel was sitting on the couch in the living room, Nita still lying in his lap. He'd stopped crying, but his eyes were red and swollen. He kept brushing his hands through her hair lightly. Khushi looked at him silently. "Better bring her a bottle. I don't think she's going to eat anything solid tonight," she said. Nigel put Nita on the couch securely and covered her up, before getting up to bring her bottle. He was in the kitchen when the bell rang. Khushi went to answer it. Freddy and ASR stood there, a question in their eyes. She ushered them in, and they all sat down in the living room.

"How's Nita?" asked Freddy, looking at Khushi sharply.

"She's sleeping. She's OK. Just tired," Said Khushi, smoothing a hand over Nita's forehead.

"What did the doctor say? Is it the flu or has she picked up some bug in India?" asked ASR.

"She might have Leukemia." Said Khushi flatly. Freddy shot a swift glance at ASR, before he looked at Khushi. ASR looked stunned. And Khushi, she was devastated. In spite of her rigid control, he knew she was devastated. Freddy went and sat next to her, and pressed her hand with his. She leaned into him and spoke in a voice that he barely recognized as hers.

"What am I going to Freddy? What am I going to do? She's only a baby. She can't have Cancer. Babies aren't supposed to get Cancer. She can't die. She won't die, will she?" she looked at Freddy wildly.

"Shhh. Minnie. We'll get her the best treatment possible. We can fly back to the UK tomorrow if you like. I know some really good doctors back home. We'll take care of her. I won't let her die." He said fiercely, his voice breaking a little.

"ASR. We may need to postpone the project for the moment. Nita's health is the most important thing for now," said Freddy, looking at ASR.

"Absolutely. Don't worry about it. Let's get Nita all better first. Pretty clothes can wait. And Khushi, if you need anything at all, just ask," Said ASR. Khushi nodded at him silently. ASR's mind was racing. Nita was sick. Really sick. Khushi would probably be leaving very soon with her children. Back to the UK. He wouldn't see her anymore. He knew he was being selfish, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to be with Khushi. To help her through all this. To see her everyday. To be there when Nita recovered. And there was no doubt in his mind that she would recover. She had to. For her mothers' sake. For his sake. He realized how much he felt for this child he barely knew.

Nigel walked in with Nita's bottle. He picked her up and took her upstairs. Freddy went with him. He wanted a quiet chat with Nigel after they gave Nita her bottle and tucked her in.

"I'm here for you Khushi, you know that right?" asked ASR, once he was alone with Khushi.

"I know," She nodded. "It's just so hard ASR. I can't lose her. I just can't. The last time I lost something that precious, I survived. This time, I won't make it. Without her, I'll die." She said, the tears she'd been holding back, now running down her cheeks silently. He pulled her into an embrace, and held her close.

"She will make it. You will make it. We will make it." he said, his voice filled with quiet assurance. She smiled a watery smile at him through her tears, "Thanks Arnav," she said.

OK...Don't kill me for doing this. But the story had to move along. Sorry! Bring on the abuses for killing the mood.   Oh, and I just realized...this FF is 1 month old today. So, happy 1 month anniversary to everyone who's been reading from the start๐Ÿ˜Š. Not a very happy chapter, I know. But it had to happen.

Edited by madmaxine - 12 years ago
pal89711 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
res*

wow finally got to be the first one to comment hehe, really an emotional update...i really have no words to describe how I feel after reading the update. I wanted Nita to be well soon and hopefully khushi gives Arnav another chance. It looks as if arnav has really gotten attached to these girls knowing that they are khushi's daughters :D really like the fact that he is willing to do anything and evverything for the girls.

Aadit and Anjali scene in the beginning was just hilarious :D couldnt stop myself from laughing but I didnt know that the part that was gonna follow was gonna make me little senti...It was something I really didnt thinking would happen.

Please make Nita healthy again soon and hopefully we get to see more ArHi scenes in which khushi realizes that Arnav really cares for them and that he is there with her for better and for worse...he wants to give her the happiness that he wasnt able to before :)
Edited by pal89711 - 12 years ago
blah_blah3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
aww poor baby! ๐Ÿ˜”