Do you want a new banner?

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in a banner contest?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys!

As you well know, we've had our current banner for the last 6 months.   Question - are you interested in a new one?  I had someone inquire today about whether we should have a new banner.  Rather than just make an ad hoc decision, I decided to throw it open to all of you.

As is obvious, the current banner has only a few of the characters from the show - Bharti, Murli, Rupesh, Dhara, Gau, Vani, Kamala, Neelam...  It misses Dumroo, Bansi, Mridang.  Also, since the serial started, people who've come & gone include Amit, Sudha, Murari, Kartik, Ashtami, Jhumka, Chimpti, the Baba who took care of Murli and the business owner who brought Bharti back to Agra.  Obviously, not all of them will be in the new banner, but at least, the main ones can be.

OTOH, if you've been jaded by the show and don't care anymore, that's a good enough reason to ask - why bother.  This is important, b'cos both creating banners, as well as the prizes, as well as organizing the contests are quite a bit of work.  Which is why I asked the questions above, and a no vote would be helpful in avoiding the effort if the interest just ain't there.

If you are interested in participating, as in creating banners that will then be submitted for the contest, mark that.  It is noted that you'd also be participating as a voter, so don't worry that you can't select both.  If you are interested in seeing a new banner, but don't wish to create one, for whatever reason, select the second option.

However, if you are positively not interested in seeing a new banner, either b'cos you'd like the current one to stay as is, or that you're just not interested, vote 'no'.  We'd like to know that as well.  This will be noted as an active no vote, not just a passive one.  In other words, if it exceeds the sum of the first 2 options, there won't be a new banner.

If you are not interested in a new banner, but don't want your no vote to count against the yes's, then vote Don't care.  It will not be factored in while deciding.

Please weigh in, so that we can make a call early next week.

~BAVD DT~
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princess_star11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I wouldnt mind a new banner. I should be able to create some if there is a contest though!

sparkleamina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
a new banner sounds cool.  I might want to have a go at that too.  might help us focus on the good bits of BAVD. 
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
vrish ur post is nice but  mayb dev team need to keep in mind show just might end. and confirmation can only come from tellybuzz team

if the show continues then mayb a new banner would be good and i am sure many would like to try to make new banner so chance should be given

however first find out if the show is continuing or not
sumisa91 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The idea of a new banner sounds great! I don't mind having a go at it :) But when would be the last day? As I have exams on till the end of this month :P 

I have an idea since a few of us are going to make one. Why don't we give everyone a fair go of having their banner up? Like keep one person's banner for like a month or two and then change it with another person's one,
Vr15h thumbnail
No, under IF rules, once a banner is voted on, it should be up for at least ~ 6 months.  After that, if there are enough changes to the show to warrant a new banner, then it's fine to go ahead.  Also, banners can't be randomly changed - each has to be voted on and approved.

I haven't thought of any dates so far, and yeah, if we decide to do it, it could take ~ a month or so.  Yeah, we do need to find out whether the show is ending or not.

If there is enough enthusiasm for participation, we can go ahead and announce one.  I do have to check the pics thread to see whether all the other actors and actresses are there - this time, we won't allow 3 Bhartis & 2 Murlis in the banner, to the exclusion of others in the show.
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
🤣 3 bhartis and  2 murlis  hahaa if they were on show there wud never have been such crap story hahahaha
ya but do find out if show is continuing or not

good luck to all
Vr15h thumbnail
Any new banner that's done will have to include
  • Bharti & Murli
  • Bansi & Kamala
  • Mridang & Gau
  • Dumroo & Jhumka
  • Murari & Kartik
Optional will be
  • Vihaan & Gudia
  • Veena
  • Chimpti
  • Rupesh & Dhara
  • Ashtami
  • Vani, Sudha & Amit
  • Neelam
  • The Baba
  • Anyone else?
Unfortunately, there ain't pics of all of the above characters in the pictures thread, so getting them will be up to the participants.
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
vrish u missed prakash lol ðŸ˜† ...
vani could well be in the top list ðŸ˜† *budding antagonist of this show ðŸ˜†*
Vr15h thumbnail
Well, if Vani exits gracefully like Sudha did, doesn't look like.  So far, she's seemed pretty reasonable, except for the first episode where she tried to elope w/ some guy.  As for Prakash, looks like he was to embarrassed to have been in this in the first place. ðŸ˜†

Anyway, here are some pics that can be used of the other characters
Unfortunately, this was all I could find about people other than Murli & Bharti (those 2 have gazillions of pics, but the banner can't have them repeated - this time, we want most important characters.  If you have pictures of other characters, like Jhumka (within the serial, not Tanvi's pix, of which there are many in the pics thread), or other pictures of these characters, feel free to use them.  And preferably, post them in the pics thread as well