Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mystique_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -Sookie-

I am attracted to ground. A lot. Also attracted to random table corners, people falling etc.
I mean how blessed I am to be on an almost empty street where a woman falls after slipping on a banana skin and while falling manages to nudge me and I lose my balance (which is generally fcuked up anyway) and I fall on a stationary bike!

Ok, I am late... but now I know where D got her plot from...she perhaps wrote the entire update on you ๐Ÿ˜† BTW, are you linked to the cardboard box and the peanuts as well..LOL...

Sry, but cant stop myself...๐Ÿคฃ

I agree with someone reagrding your personal Ma(a)n - do you already have one - if not, you should seriously consider our suggestions๐Ÿ˜†

get well soon
Edited by mystique_girl - 12 years ago
mystique_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sookie-

๐Ÿ˜†

Its the longest I have written till date - 2 months straight. I generally write an OS or start a series and update really really slowly. OS generally are 2-3 a month and series - let's not even go there. 3-4 times a year.

But I am writing now like a maniac which has taken a toll on my reading and my drama watching. I did lot of reading for "Till Human voices..." forensic pathology text books, manuals, Greek mythology books, Elliot's poetry and textual implications etc.

So this week I have decided to read graphic novels, watch things that I have queued for ages and get lots of sleep ๐Ÿ˜† Am still on pain medication so that is kinda inevitable!

Now am babbling :-)

Well, I thought so... I thought you had taken an extra day off and I come to your thread and read this big holiday message.. 

Well, thats well deserved i guess, i have read your earlier writings - and they are like dated as "ancient texts"... i have also observed the time lag between your earlier updates.I was pleasantly surprised when you decided to update everyday..I didnt want to mention this explicitly at that time for the fear of you running away again...but I guess two months - you have totally outdone yourself...now dont get too flattered and pls come back soon..๐Ÿ˜†

Just when I was thinking that between you and D I had a day of fun covered, you decide to put up a no show๐Ÿ˜†

but seriously, do enjoy your novels and your dramas and come back soon..we miss you๐Ÿ˜Š
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sookie...Tu Chupi hai kaha?  Main tadapta yahannn...

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Chapter 16:

"What's this about?" asked Emily taking a seat and looking around the almost empty coffee shop.  "This guy has been looking forward to this coffee meeting as if he was meeting his first love," she added pointing her thumb at Satya who was sitting down on a chair next to her.  Maan chuckled at her jab.

"Thank you for coming here on your day off," said Maan sobering quickly.  "What is it?" Emily asked softly when Maan didn't speak for several moments.

"There is something I want you guys to find out for me," Maan hesitated. "I promise you that I will not hold it out on you if you refuse," he said. Emily and Satya exchanged glances.

"Tell us," Satya said. Maan looked at Emily who simply nodded. Maan took out a thin folder from his bag and placed it in front of them. Satya looked at Maan questioningly.

"Eighteen years ago Pratap Handa called it quits with Dileep Khurana and started operating on his own. He was one of the biggest shareholders in Khurana group when he left and no one knows the reason why he disassociated himself from the Khurana group. He was my father's most trusted friend and adviser. And two years later something happened between him and my father. He started collecting evidence against my father which could potentially ruin Khurana Group completely." Maan said.

"This is investment records and capital movement between the companies forโ€ฆ" Satya said turning pages and trying to find out how far the records went.

"Twenty years," Maan answered. Satya looked up from the folder with surprise evident on his face.

"Actually I want you guys to go much farther, say start from early 1980s and see what was going on between the two men," Maan added.

"You want us to find that evidence?" Emily asked picking up the folder from table and turning pages randomly.

"Yes." Maan said. Satya shook his head.

"It may not be impossible for us to find out the truth but if it is something that can tarnish the image of the group or even bring it down then I doubt it would be still lying around after all these years," Satya said. "And if those documents still exist then am sure chairman has taken every precaution to keep them away from prying eyes." He added.

"I am sure father has saved all of them. He knows that there is no such thing as good or bad; if strategically played even a pawn has the capability to become a queen," Maan replied. The three of them became quiet when coffees and drinks arrived.

"Why do want to know it?" Emily asked after the waiter left their table and they had had several sips of hot beverage.

"Honestly? Leverage," Maan said flatly. Emily simply raised eyebrow.

"I doubt it sir. It may ruin us completely," Satya said sharing his fear of bringing down one of the biggest groups which could create havoc on Dalal for months.

"That's exactly what I want," Maan smiled without humor.

"Is that all there is to it?" Emily asked looking at Maan shrewdly. Maan met her eye unflinchingly. "It seems there is something else which is driving your motive to dig up the past." Emily said.

"Sir it's just that the very thing that you don't tell us might end up being a key parameter when we look into the past," Satya explained the reason. Maan sighed and nodded.

"Two years after leaving the Khurana Group Pratap Handa committed suicide after his wife handed over the evidence to my father." Maan said and took a sip of coffee. Emily and Satya looked at him slack jawed.

"Discretion is essential on this one." Maan said and didn't say anything further marking an end to the conversation. The other two nodded.

"Why are you dressed in formals?" Emily asked Maan as they walked out of the coffee shop.

"I have a meeting with father; all four of us actually. He is pissed off with what happened last month."

"Keep us posted," Satya said. "And call me if there is anything," he added as an afterthought.

"How about drinks in evening?" Maan asked wryly. Satya shrugged and nodded. With siblings like the ones Maan had, he would have been a total alcoholic dealing with their shit on a daily basis.

"Count me out. I am making plans to ruin your sister so meeting with few old friends." Emily replied happily. Maan stopped in his tracks and Satya sighed deeply. Emily's rant about Mitalee's little stunt was driving him insane.

"Ruin Mitalee?" Maan asked surprised at the casual way Emily nodded at his question. Satya shook his head discreetly. Don't ask. Don't ask. Don't ask. Don't ask.

Maan received the message loud and clear. "Good luck on that Emily," he said with a forced smile and looked over her shoulder at Satya who was breathing a huge sigh of relief.  He waved to the two and walked towards his car the smile completely leaving his face.

-- o00o --    

Varun hadn't dared to meet him in person after the fiasco of annual meeting. Vikram and Mitalee had gone overseas citing vacation and relaxing in before the second month of fiscal year began.

"How is your little company doing? Are you still able to pay your employees?" Vikram said snidely.

The four siblings were seated on porch waiting to meet their father who was currently in his study talking to an old friend โ€“ ex-finance minister.

Maan didn't look up from the file he was looking at and said, "You seem to be awfully concerned about the welfare of my employees' brother."

"I am a very charitable man," Vikram said with a hint of laugh. Maan could hear Mitalee's slightest chuckle. Varun who was sitting next to him was on edge of his seat. Varun might be a weasel but he hated confrontations.

"Satya is doing fine, by the way. That redundant move of yours where an anonymous driver hits the target who is a major pain in your ass is beyond boring now." Maan said turning a page in folder, refusing to look up and spare his older siblings a glance.

"You hurt me with your accusation Maan," Vikram's voice was anything but apologetic.

"The incident has your stink all over it. Of course there is no evidence that it was you who ordered the hit and Satya isn't someone who would pursue a shitty thing like this. He is a good man," Maan said casually marking the page he was reading with pencil.

"Satya seems to be a smart man. You think I can persuade him to work for me?" Vikram picked on unnecessarily.  Maan didn't bother to respond and continued to read the file in his hand.

"His girlfriend is a pretty thing," Vikram added goading Maan to lose his patience and look at him. Maan was waiting for Vikram to bring in Emily into the conversation.

"She sure is. Her latest motto however is to destroy Mitalee completely." Maan said in nonchalance as he scribbled some points across the margin of the paper he was reading. A part of him wanted to look up and dissect the emotions passing on Vikram's and Mitalee's faces. But he held himself and ignored the two.

Mitalee burst into laughter Vikram joining her a moment later. He could hear Varun chuckling a little.

"That's the most hilarious thing I have heard in a while. The last I heard something this funny was when father told me that you were made COO of Khurana Heavy Transport and Khurana Electricals." Mitalee said once she caught her breath.

He finally looked up at the three smiling faces of his siblings. He shut the folder and removed his spectacles.

"You know about the Apple and Samsung patent war right?" He asked the three of them. Surprisingly he didn't receive any condescending answer but they merely nodded.

"Apple has filed several lawsuits against Samsung and primary one being Samsung copying iPad's design for their Galaxy series. Samsung recently filed a declaration stating that Apple didn't come with the idea of iPad either." Maan said looking straight at Mitalee. She looked surprised as he had calculated.

"As per Samsung's lawyer the original design of iPad should be actually credited to Stanley Kubrick for envisioning it in Arthur. C. Clarke's 2001 โ€“ A space odyssey book he adapted to a movie by the same name. Thus technically Apple cannot claim to be the owner of iPad's design either." Maan said.

"Andโ€ฆ.?" Mitalee trailed with a hint of smile.

"Just because you are f**king a bureaucrat from RBI doesn't mean you can f**k around with people like Emily thinking that you have subdued her permanently. Her vindictiveness lies in her creative way of systematically collapsing the very foundation you are standing on." Maan maintained a disregarded nonchalance which he knew would get on Mitalee's nerves. "You are smart enough to understand what I mean, aren't you?" Maan added it just to piss her off.

"She is a fool if she thinks she can touch JCI," Mitalee replied knowing how JCI was something that was something she could call as her own and the company which hadn't been brought under the Khurana Group umbrella.

"Chairman is waiting for you," Venkat came in and announced. Vikram and Varun were the ones to rush forward while Maan waited till Vikram and Varun were several steps ahead.

"You are such an idiot darling sister. You don't even know what your most vulnerable stance is. Either that or you are covering it up very well." Maan shrugged. Mitalee looked at him her face betraying her curiosity.

"I will be standing by the side, eating popcorn and drinking cola when ground beneath your feet dissolves to nothing." Maan grinned at her and walked inside leaving her alone on the porch staring at his retreating figure. His job was done. He had installed a tiny worry in her head and her paranoia would take care of the rest.

He hoped Emily would go easy on him when he tells her about this conversation.

To be continued.

Music companion for the day: Black Coffee by All Saints
And (An all time favorite): Ghosts by Dirty Vegas
Maaneet099 thumbnail
res
*Running to catch up on some food! must say a slick update ๐Ÿ˜‰*
will be edited further...

PS: ME first!!๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Maaneet099 - 12 years ago
AAAGGGHHH! Welcome back Sooks ๐Ÿค— 
I ignored this PM for a while because I didn't expect an update from you. Hope you're feeling better now!
I love reading all interactions which include the siblings; they are a truly colourful bunch. 
Woohoo! Way to go Maan, he gave it back to Mitalee good. Instilling some worry in her not so small brain. 
Edited by Boogleton.Schiz - 12 years ago
way to go Maan ๐Ÿ˜†

fantastic stuff Sookie  โญ๏ธ

febinyusuff thumbnail
Ho Sookie.. you are back.. How are you feeling now?.

Loved the update..  I am excited about the meeting...

Please continue soon.
-memorable- thumbnail
me so love the conversation among vikram, mitalee & maan
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Why does Maan want the information? OK Leverage...or alright - I know I know!

So basically Satya and Emily are the trusted chaps right? Venkat isn't reporting to Emily, is he??

I love Satya's nervousness around Emily. It's cute!! Yeah I know the standard definition of cute - but I mean the nice one. 

What does Maan hope to attain from scaring Mitalee?? Won't that make her brashly try and hurt Emily? Or is that not how Emily works?
Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago