**Discussion of the Week**

phulwa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi All...this is my first ever DOTW on IF, when I was asked to take up this task, I was really thinking hard and 10 different things were coming to my mind, but I was stuck at one point...that is...POLITICS.

In my view...the serial has not been able to potray the current political scenario to a great extent, on screen. They are only using a few instances here and there, but main focus is relationships and Chander-Alka love story.

So...please feel free to share u'r views in this thread.

Edited by phulwa - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

THE-FUTURE-LORD thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
reserved

AANKHEIN JAL  GAYI MERI in shabdon ko dekh ke

indian  drama hai aur log isme kuch serious hone ki baat kehte hain .

indian shows are best versions of pathetic situations on which a user only can laugh . that's all,excluding few shows .
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey phulwa, it's nice you tried.๐Ÿ˜›
phulwa thumbnail
Thank you...Foram, but I guess no one has any views on this topic๐Ÿ˜Š
bhavika0611 thumbnail

Originally posted by: phulwa

Thank you...Foram, but I guess no one has any views on this topic๐Ÿ˜Š

the whole week is ahead, views will also pour in๐Ÿ˜Š
bhavika0611 thumbnail
Hey, sheetal, sorry for replying late, but i got involved in some nonsense stuff, what to do you can not change your habits...well here i go,

Topic to discuss:
DLMH's adaptation
of current political scenario.

First of all , i would like to say , we are not eligible to discuss politics of India, Atleast not me, what i can do is tell what i feel, The main problem , according to me is lack of leadership( Though i find Dr. Manmohansigh very capable, He is doing commandable job. It's not easy to perform in a country, where your speech is translated in more than 25 different language in order to convey your message.), and not corruption. We can not comment on corruption , because we all are some or other way corrupt. The second biggest problem is population , we are so large in nos. that any policies that is made , become unfruitful when it gets completed, Janha the , wahi ke wahi. The third problem is stagnated bureaucracy, either they lack modern ideas or they aren't allowed to exercise their views. The fourth problem is lack of discipline, the fifth is lack of sense of hygiene. I guess i should stop here these all are social issues , rather than political one. Basically politics in India is complex and multi- dimentional, so it's never going to be an easy task to portray on screen.

If we see the recent episode of DLMH, yes , main focus is on the relationship and Alka and chander's love story. In fact, these was election time in the show, and if you guys remember the dialogue , that shown in 'rajneeti' movie's promo which says that election politics is the vulgar face of democracy  . So these people have optimum chances to use the current track of ongoing election to show us some meaningful drama, but they lost it, ruined it by showing silly solar panel fiasco . They could have make the whole kidnapping drama more impactful like indu-ramesh 's murder. I really loved that track, though it was so sad and tragic, the way two young people get butchered in a day light, the whole drama was worth watching, everything was perfect at that time, how two people struggle for justice, the way witnesses turn hostile, the inactiveness of police to find truth, and above all the game, which we known as politics is played behind the curtain. So i wouldn't say that the dv's have failed or they don't know how to make it more realistic and dramatic. But after that they have lost the track.

The reason behind the failure can be the channel itfelf, we have discuss this earlier that this show has done great if it would be on Colors or Zee ,well this is immaterial now, but i guess channel people do not want serious stuff as this channel is meant for young people , and many of us want to see love stories , fun & laughing.

But no doubt, DLMH, has best storyline , it depicts, what we are missing today, a willed leadership, Alka is willed and committed  to bring changes. so my hopes aren't fainted, with finest technical treatment and use of little common sense, they can produced and present us one of the good show , just like ' Sidhhant'.

Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
phulwa thumbnail
Yes...you are right, its not possible to depict the exact political scenario on screen, but what I felt is they could have made it more realistic, if not very intense. As you said that most of the viewers are youngsters, who would like to watch love stories and not intense dramas may be that is the reason love part here is being given more importance. Edited by phulwa - 12 years ago