Tassnim ready to Jet Set Go!

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Tassnim ready to Jet Set Go!
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 7, 2006

Tassnim Sheikh
Don't be surprised if you spot Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi's Mohini (Tassnim Sheikh) wearing her trademark spectacles, running around the town in a cab.

The actress is a part of Star One's new travel-adventure show, Jet Set Go, scheduled to go on air in early March.

Race begins

The idea of the show is to pick up a random person on the road and ask him if he can leave everything behind and take a flight to travel to an unknown destination. Out of the four anchors — Kiran Dubey, Aashka Goradia, Gurdeep Kohli and Tassnim — the one who gets her contestant earliest to the airport scores the big prize.

First contestant

Recently, Tassnim was at Mithibhai College, shooting for the first episode. "They started with me, and I was nervous and excited. Standing outside Mithibai College, this Bengali guy approached me, asking me if I was Mohini from Kyunki. After he figured out who I was, he told me he was a big fan of the show and of my character."

Tassnim then told him what she was doing outside his college. "When I told him he had to come with me to the airport and take a plane to Bangkok, he laughed and thought it was one of those hidden camera shows. He had come there to have tea with one of his friends. After quite some time, I finally managed to convince him that I wasn't joking, and he decided to come with me on the show."

Fame helps

Her biggest challenge was to accompany her contestant to his house in Malad, and then head towards the airport.

"Time is the key factor in the show. One cannot waste too much time thinking and brooding. You have to take a cab, yell and make way for yourself. Thankfully, reaching the airport wasn't much of a hassle, since people recognised me and were cooperative."

Research results

Tassnim and her participant completed the race in an hour and 10 minutes. "We had to go from Juhu to Malad, and then to the airport. Although I didn't make it first, we still did quite well."

A few months back, Sheikh was the subject of a management research programme by Welingkar College, where it was revealed that audiences wanted to see her in a reality show.

"I am thrilled to work with Optymistix; they are an amazing production.

Also, now viewers can watch me in two different avatars," she said.
Tassnim will begin shooting for the second episode of Jet Set Go in the third week of February.

"I would like to tell all Mumbaikars to keep their passports ready, as Tassnim will be coming to them, asking them to 'Jet Set Go' with her!"

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/february/130267.htm