reea88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
nice update.. add me ur pm list..
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great updates!!!!

The story just keeps getting better and better!
Edited by shradhav - 13 years ago
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just read part 12.
I didn't get the PM for this part😭  Thank God, I checked if you've updated or not, since I am now almost addicted to this story nahi toh I would have missed an important part😳
I hope I am there in your PM list....

As for the update, It was really good. Beautifully wriiten!!!👏👏
I loved it how Maan took the initiative this time, and Geet too readily followed. Infact, I'd say this is one of my favourite scenes. 
Wondering what she saw that she didn't even talk to Dev.
Loved Maan here😊

Please post the next part soon😳

Part 13:"Chath pe aa sakte ho?"

<Maan's monologue>

The drive back took a long time and it was more than 12 hours'I stopped and took frequent breaks'my eyes were burning from  the exhaustion but I was relieved to see a much calmer Geet'

I called office in the morning and informed Shasha that I was out and made sure she sent out the out of office email on my behalf'

For most part of the drive, she was asleep'and the time she was awake'she was silent and seemed to be lost in deep thought'

I and Meera broke into vague conversations of and off'just to keep me engaged and to keep my focus on the road..

We reach the apartment and I parked the car'Geet and Meera got out'and we all take the elevator to her apartment..

We were only a few steps away from her doorstep'when Geet collapsed'I was right behind her and was able to catch her before she landed on the ground'

I carried her to the bed'we fed her some cereal and water'

Maan: "She really needs to eat something'Meera '"

Meera was quick and got some food'Yash dropped by and right then my phone rang'

Maan: " Hello Daadima'"

Daadima:" Maan, aap kahan chale gaye the?...aap ko yeh kya hogaya hai..aise bhi kya kaam tha'?"

Maan:" Daadima'mujhe office mein kuch urgent board meeting keliye bulaya gaya tha'critical tha..isi liye yahaan see chala gaya'Mein abhi apartment mein hi hoon'vupar aa raha hoon'aap befikar rahiye'"

I cut the call.

Yash:" MK'aap chaliye'I will help Meera'"

I didn't want to leave'she had still not gained consciousness..I wanted to stay until she was awake'but my phone rang again'it was daadima'She was very worried to see me'

Maan: "Meera, Yash'mein 10 mts mein aata hoon'"

As I got up from the bed to exit the room'Meera walked towards me and hugged me'I was surprised'and didn't know what to do'

Meera:" Thank you'MK'I wouldn't be wrong if I said'I didn't know you at all until yesterday'."

Yash smiled and was behind Meera and kept tapping her shoulder as if to comfort her'

I was hesitant to open the door'and once I was in'

Daadima:" Maan'yeh kya hain Maan'aapne mujhe ek phone kar ne liye bhi nahin socha'"

Maan: " Daadima..maine aapse kaha'board meeting tha'isiliye hum chale gaye the'"

Daadima;" Hamare paas aapke cell ke sive'aapka office ka phone bhi nahin ta'aur aaj tak zaroorat bhi nahin pada'lekin'"

I thanked that she didn't contact my office'

I said I was tired and that I needed to get back to work'I promised to spend time with her late night'

I quickly had a shower'had a change of clothes and rushed down'Daadima was eyeing my strange behavior'I was back at her doorstep in no time. It was 6.53 PM'

Yash answered the door'He informed that she had woken up for a short while and that she ate something. I entered the living room'I was hesitant to look inside the bedroom'My consciousness crept in again'I was once again not sure about what boundaries I was stepping on'

Yash came and placed his hand on my shoulder as if to assure that it was the right thing to do'

I stood by the door and saw that she had changed into a fresh set of clothes'Meera probably helped'

A half empty plate by her bed and an empty water glass'I was convinced she was ok'atleast for now'

Meera had crashed too on the other bed'

Maan: " Yash'are you going to be here?'"

Yash:" MK'Don't wor'I mean'I will take care'"

'his words trailed off at first' It was almost as if he didn't want to tell me that he was reading me'

I left for my apartment and I crashed'

Daadima was relaxed that I was back..she didn't care that I didn't spend any time with her'just that I was around'

I couldn't sleep well'something kept bothering me'I was rolling constantly'Daadima came in and placed her palm on my forehead'

Daadima:" Aap teek to ho Maan beta'"

Maan:" Ji'"

I faked to be still asleep'

She left me in the room'I tried to sleep in for some more time'wondering when I will be able to see her again'and what reason I would need to walk up to her apartment again'

I least expected a call at that time'it was 10.37 PM'It rang once and the call got cut'I picked up the phone to see who it was and it was Geet'

I called her back..I couldn't wait for her to pick up the call'

Maan:" Geet'"

Geet:" Maan'aap teek tho ho'?"

I didn't expect her to ask me that'It should have been me asking her that'

Maan:" Haan'aur tum?"

Geet:" Much better'"

She was silent for a minute'I didn't know what else to ask her'

Geet:"Kya aap mujhe mil sak te hain?...."

Maan:" Kyon geet'Sab teek tho hain na?" She didn't answer my question'

Geet:" Chat pe aa sakte ho? I mean the gym sit out'"

Maan:" Yeah I will be there'in 5 mts.."

Geet:" Maan'yahaan pe bahuth tand hain'you might want to get something warm'"

She was already there'.I didn't want to keep her waiting'

She was standing by the edge and was lost in the view of manhattan'

Maan:" Kya baat hain'Geet'are you ok?"

Geet:" Ji'Maan'mujhe aap se milna tha'"

Maan:"Geet'chalo'andar chalte hain'yaahan pe bahut tand hain'"

Geet:" Nahin'agar aap teek hain tho'main yahin pe baath karna chahta hoon'"

<Geet's monologue>

He was wearing his wollen trench'that would keep him warm'

I didn't know how to start the conversation'I didn't have words to express what I felt at that moment'I remembered the instant at the airport'"Dosti ka waada kiya hai'damnit'" It was me who had assured him that I will walk with him'he had not uttered any such promises, and yet he stood by his unsaid promise..just fine'in fact more than fine'

Tears were welling up in my eyes'but I didn't want to cry and put him in a spot'

He stood next to me'and stared away into the void'

He didn't hurry me up'he patiently waited for me to tell him what I wanted to say'

He turned and sat in one of the long pool chairs'I turned and looked at him'I thought how best I could put words together to thank him'

He was looking into me'or probably through me'something came over me at that moment'I walked towards him and sat right next him'So close'that I could feel his trench wool  on mine' he didn't expect that'not the least bit

I took my right hand and held his left'I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do'I didn't know what I was conveying to him..he lowered his head to look at our hands..and then he looked at me'just when I was going through that moment of uncertainty and was about to withdraw my hands'he pulled my hand and let our fingers tangle tighter'

He didn't want to let go'I lowered my eyes'I didn't have it in me to look into his'I was still unsure as to what I was conveying'He knew what I felt..he had read it in my eyes'Tears rolled down my cheeks and I leaned on his shoulder'

Maan:" Geet'please'ro mat'"

He held onto my hand..he didn't want to let it go'he took the handkerchief using his right and gave it to me'

Maan:" Please aasoo ponch lo.."

I took the handkerchief from him'and started drying my tears'

He lowered his voice..almost into a whisper'as if it was something he wouldn't want others to hear'something he probably wouldn't say to anyone else'

Maan:" Geet'I'm not good with words'lekin mein sirf ye kehna chahta hoon ki tum mujhe kuch bhi kahe sakte ho'tumhe darne ki koi zaroorat nahin'main tumhe kabhi galat nahin samjoonga'"

<Maan's monologue> She looked into my eyes a bit longer than usual and then started off'

Geet:" Maan'you drove me so far'and yet'I made it seem all vain in just seconds'"

Maan: " Geet you don't have to explain yourself'agar tum mujhe explain karne ke liye yahaan aayi ho'tho uski koi zaroorat nahin'"

Geet: " Nahin Maan'explain nahin'I want you to know me'."

<Geet's monologue> I couldn't believe I said that'.it was as if there was a force behind me making me say such things'

<Maan's monologue> I know you Geet'please'don't go through this'

He held onto my hand a tad bit tighter..as if to stress on the words that were about to follow'

Maan: "Right now you should think only about yourself'and not about what others will think of you'aage socho geet'tumhe is job ki sakth zaroorat hain'bakhi sab  HUM deklenge"

I didn't know if he meant meera, yash and himself or'..I didn't dare to go there'.

Geet: " Maan'thank you'Thank you for being there'"

Maan:" Thanks kahne ki koi zaroorat nahin'"

Geet:"Main sahi thi'Maan'aap normal nahin ho'"

<Maan's monologue>There was almost a smile there by the side of her lips'.I knew what she meant'She didn't have to explain'

I don't mind spending eternity sitting next to her'but I wanted her to rest and get her to a warmer place'

Before I could say anything'

Geet:" Ab mein chalti hoon'"

She slowly took her hand from mine and we walked to the elevator'She didn't want me to accompany her to her doorstep'

I left her at the elevator and went back to my apartment'

It had been a long day'She was 15 floors down tucked away in safety...there were so many things unsaid in those moments I spent with her near the pool'I smiled'I recognized that warm tingling feeling'I was not ready to name it'Not yet'

Part 14: Vegas Baby!

Edited by Hasini67 - 13 years ago
mishti4maan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
again another brilliamt update more plzzzzzzzz
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful update!!!
Emotional one!
loved the monologue parts😊
That part was so touching when Geet didn't said anything but Maan seemed to understand her pain and the holding of hands signifying that Maan will be there for her always. Liked this silent promise a lot!!!
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Whoa! You are on a roll.....I read 5 updates together........fabulous! I love the way you write.....beautiful! It's very interesting and gripping! Dev.....umm....I am not sure about him......but still would gladly call him a jerk for holding Geet kind of responsible for his stagnant career......and also for not hearing her out and imposing his decision on her without thinking of her.....he is sick! Oh, I so love Meera and Yash.....great friends! Maan is a very balanced person.....atleast that's what I felt now......he was totally in control and did not let his inner turmoil get better of him and took control of the situation. Geet, feel so bad for her......she spent 5 years of her life taking care of Dev and being a perfect wife despite her marriage being forced upon her....and am so glad she atleast completed her studies and is independent now......coz I hate to think otherwise. Lolz.....I think that was pretty long.....but I so love your FF!

Edited to comment on the latest update.....lolz.....
It was amazing! Geet is slowly moving on......and Maan is kind of sure about his feelings for her......I loved that hand-holding thing! Simple gesture but spoke a lot about their feelings......lovely! Do continue soon.
Edited by Starry_night - 13 years ago
punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
amazing update! really sweet and loved the pic of the poolside!

VEGAS?!? can't wait for the next part

update soon hasini!
itsallabtGURTI thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Another amazing update.... dude you write soooo welll!!! It was sooo touchy! I loved Maaan... awwwwwww... please update Vegas part soon.. i wanna know what that holds for these two... keep up the amazing work!
dimpzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
both d updates were amazing!
really luved it loadzz!
n how sweet of maan
he took her all d way to toronto n when she asked him to take her bak he did so widout saying anything or getting angry?!
how nyc of him!
n stupid dev!
hate him!
P.S-d last part wz written beautifully when they meet at d gym.........
P.P.S-ur an amazing writer!
BIG HUG!

luv
Navpreet