Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mitzi11 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
do something i want Maaneet to be together i hope Dev cheat with NT so they she can get the divorce great both parts pls cont soonnnnnnnnnn
punjabi.princes thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
👏 great updates! and all 3 of them in a row! really made my morning lol

Loving this FF and the concept! keep up the great work b/c ur an amazing writer!

con't sooon plzz 😃
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Whoa! 3 updates.....amazing! You have a way with words......I seriously love the way you write....so detailed and interesting at the same time. The FF is really intriguing......loved all the updates! Maan and Geet are getting drawn towards each other.....and am glad that Maan and Dadi already know about her marriage. Lolz.....she is not missing Dev.....good actually! Hehe. Meera and Yash are kinda cool and nice! All in all great updates.....do continue soon and thanks for the PM!
itsallabtGURTI thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
add me to ur PM list... thanks... and the story is soo diff.. keep writing.. i wanna read more of it soon.. keep up the great work!

Hi all, please post your comments...looking forward to it...

Part 6: Saturday musings…

<Geet's monologue>

My neck hurt badly…I must have slept in a bad posture…I lay still on the couch…not wanting to wake up and face the day…I drank last night…drank to escape reality…Aah…this terrible headache…I had a drink to fight the pull…I was drawn to him like a moth to the flame…I was upset that I have been away from Home…away from Dev and had not missed him much. Dev was not picking my calls..he returned my calls only when he felt like it…I was in denial that our marriage had gone cold…Did Dev feel the same way too? Is that why he wanted me to leave home? Was there any hope of reviving this relationship…I have too many questions and no answers…because I was not the one to answer them...

Meera: "Geet…."

Geet: "Bolo Meer"

She came close to the couch…I didn't notice until then that she had covered me with a quilt…it must have been quite a challenge for her to get me here from the restaurant…

Meera: "Are you alright? Did you fight with Dev?"

Before I could realize…my eyes were moist…Meer came and sat next to me…

Geet: " I'm sorry…I was so pathetic  last night…mujhe kuch yaad nahi hain…"

Meera: "Main jaante hoon…but tell me…I have never seen you have a drink…and you accepted the glass immediately… what happened?"

I didn't want to tell her…I started sobbing badly…I couldn't control my tears…I didn't want to tell her what I was fighting underneath….I was ashamed…

Meera: " Geet..please baath karo…itni chup kyon ho…"

Geet: " Mein…Dev ko…miss nahin kar rahi hoon…"

Meera: " What? I don't understand…but why are you crying? "

Geet: " I don't have any more hope…He has called me like 3 times in the entire week..." I sob continuously…"He doesn't attend all my calls…I feel upset…Meer…I don't want this relationship to die… and I don't know how to keep it alive…"

Meera: " Did you chat openly with Dev? …Geet…Listen Geet" She shakes me up "…control yourself…"

Geet: " No I'm not sure how things might go…if I bring it up.."

Meera: " No point not facing the truth….you are only delaying the inevitable…whatever that is… for all you know…he will understand and come running to see you…"

I couldn't help the sarcastic laugh…tears were still rolling down my cheeks…

Geet: " You do know…that you are the only one…who can be optimistic when the world is going down…"

I begin to get a hold on myself…I can't let my best friend see me collapse like this…

She smiles and hugs me…It was good to have a warm hug on this cold October morning…

Geet: " Aah! My neck hurts…and this headache is killing me…"

Meera: " Why didn't you go in and sleep on the bed? …when I came in…you were shivering so badly.."

Geet: " What do you mean?..didnt I come  with you?"

Meera: " Don't tell me…you don't remember anything?…you were drunk…MK got you home"

Geet: " Maan….you mean…I came with Maan…all the way from the restaurant…I was walking?"

I was nervous…I didn't want to hear any further…once again I had done it…

Meer breaks into a laughter…she explains all that happened…the way I challenged Yash that I could walk …and how I fell back in my chair…I was embarrassed to the core…

I was struggling with the headache…if this is hangover then I didn't understand why people drink…

I wanted to divert my mind…I took my laptop…walked to the window seat and logged in to catch up on some reading material from office…I had a tonne to read…

<Maan's monologue>

"Cling" The office messenger announced that someone was online….

I walked back to the laptop and opened the messenger…

"Geet Khurana is online"…the message box went back…

I was tempted to say hello and wanted to check on her…

To my surprise…Geet pinged me…I was strangely happy…

GeetKhurana: Hi

I didn't want to ping her back immediately…I didn't want to lose restraint… I raced up and down the living room for a while and then sat down to chat.

MaanKhurana: Hi…

GeetKhurana: Thank you and Sorry for that embarrassing show last night…

MaanKhurana: Koi baat nahin…

How do I ask her if she is ok… will "Are you ok? " sound too concerned…I mused…

MaanKhurana: you good?

GeetKhurana: Have a bad headache…I think I also have a crick in my neck from sleeping on the couch…

MaanKhurana: Take alka seltzer for the hangover…

<Geet's monologue> I was taken back…lagta hai…bahuth experience ha inko..I didn't know what alka seltzer was…should I ask him?

MaanKhurana: I cant talk to the crick….

GeetKhurana: Oh! Thanks…where do I get alka seltzer? Pharmacy?

MaanKhurana: I have it…I will pass it on…

<Maan's monologue>

Something told me that should need me today…and that had me ready since 8.00 AM in the morning….I couldn't help beaming…ye ladki mujhe bilkul pagal karde gi…

I wanted it to stop badly…I couldn't think of anything else…I didn't know who I can talk to …not that I was the kind who would seek help…but I just wanted to get over this thing…this pull that I have towards…I didn't have it in me to complete the sentence…

Not that my thoughts were led astray morally…I just wanted to be with her…I would be more than content to just watch her from a distance…or sit across from her…in the far end of the room and silently listen to her…

She was full of life..fresh…I didn't know how she did that…the naivety in her was still untainted.

May be Baba Google can help me…For a second…I couldn't believe what I was about to do…

Google Search: "how to stay away from women"

It returned junk…don't I already do that? But the problem was how do I stay away from Geet?

Google Search: "how do I stay away from her"

I started laughing….her voice echoed in my ears…"thoda has bhi lo na…"

Daadima: "Maan beta…aap teek tho ho na…"

I was taken back…How could I be behaving so silly? and not realizing Daadima was with me in the room…

Maan: " Ji Daadima…I was reading Simpsons…" I lied…

Daadima: "Acchha" she smiled.."Aap kahain bahar jaa rahain hain?"

Maan: "Ji nahi…kyon …aapko kahin bahar jaana hain?"

Daadima:" Nahin… I didn't understand why you were all ready and set by 8.00 AM…aur woh bhi Saturday ko?..."

Maan: " Ji…woh…main…woh"

Daadima: " Maan beta…jab…aap  woh main…woh main karte hain na…tab pakde jaate hain…"

She smiled and was adding sugar to her coffee…

Maan: "Daadima…aapko to pata hai ki aapko diabetes hain…toh phir kyon shakkar le rahen hain?

I was mad…

Daadima: " Maan beta…aapko to pata hai ki hum kitni control mein rahte hain…aur aap humise sawaal pooche rahain hain…"

Maan:" To aaj aapka control ko kua hua…"

Daadima:"kabhi  kabhi control todna padtha hain…jab aap kisi cheez se apne apko door rakna chahte ho…to tabhi control karna mushkil ho jaata hai…vuz cheez aapko keench ne lagta hai…lekin agar aap vusi cheez ko kabhi kabhi apne pass leke aate ho…to control ki sawal hi paida nahi hota hai…voh english  mein jo kehte hain na…every pull has an equal and opposite pull"

That's it…she had my answer right there…I was resisting Geet…I didn't even know what I was resisting…perhaps I wasn't even sure what I had for her….

I resolved to be myself with her…not Maan Singh Khurana…not a sadoo….just Maan…and probably being Maan wouldn't be all that bad after all…

Part 7: Hot Chocolate?

itsallabtGURTI thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
oh mannn i m loving ur fan fic... loved the last update... its sooo goood.. keep updating sooon! i m loving every bit of it!!!
bhanu_rekhag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
wow simply amazing...

u made it again

such a cute part
shona2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update....loved it
nd thank u soo much for putting chapter update list on 1st page
continue soon.
Thanxx for the pm.
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great ff...love the last update.
Plz cont soon!!

Edited by Fallen Angel - 13 years ago
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update!!!
I like how Maan is getting attracted to her now😉
When will you clear the mystery of Dev-geet's marriage?
Is he cheating on her? Did he marry her for some reason?
Maan, Dadi unaware about his marriage?
So many questions and no answer😒