Musical Melodies 6 .. Magical RaDev/CB Moments !- Page 96

Created

Last reply

Replies

992

Views

94.5k

Users

16

Likes

6.6k

Frequent Posters

naseebraman thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
are cute,sweet dear navya....get well soon dear, I pray you feel better very soon sweety...
take care of your health sweety..........

Edited by naseebraman - 15 years ago
bvs7691 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Commentator Level 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Radhe Radhe.... Endeavour, Naseeb, Hotie, Indiangirl, S&S....😃

Aap sabne Music ke saath Itni Sari Meethai mila li...😲 Ab toh hum sab gayein.😆😉
Chaliyein.... Raas Garba Kheliyein... Aur apna weight Kam Kijiyein.😆
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoi42Pojl0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmyEeyroNjU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Navya Dear... Hope you feel Better very soon.🤗
Edited by bvs7691 - 15 years ago
endeavour thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Tks Anu for all those mithaais....🤗 Ab itni mithaai khaakar mujhe gym mein double mehnat karni padegi...😭

Originally posted by: bvs7691

.😃

Aap sabne Music ke saath Itni Sari Meethai mila li...😲 Ab toh hum sab gayein.😆😉
Chaliyein.... Raas Garba Kheliyein... Aur apna weight Kam Kijiyein.😆



🤣 🤣 🤗 What an IDEA BhaviG...😆

Ok then lets first stuff ourselves with all these mithaai, and wait for Shrel, Putija and Navya to join us before organising a GRAND Dandiya night here in the musical...😃

In the meantime I am posting a few songs featuring Shashi Kapoor...👏

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwzth2CJOQ[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by endeavour - 15 years ago
endeavour thumbnail
20th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
One of the best movie of Shashi Kapoor in my opinion is "Junoon(1978) directed by Shyam Benegal...
This one from the same movie...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrN-Jqrx2rE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
A scene from this movie...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBLACAGptD0[/YOUTUBE]
radev24 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Rizra you too much .. u stole my JUNOON for the musical and SK's BEST movie JUNOON by far...😉😆😃
BTW, this post and the one I just posted on my houston thread are from a dif location (not back home yet), and yahan there's no problema whatsoever ... (like i did at the houston hotel 😕 )
Haven't checked carefully what's going on here .. but obv SK theme for now ... luv it luv it !! And like AB and KAKA hehe, it's almost impossible to pick the BEST song ... but me going to try anyhoo 😆😃👏😕😉
⭐️🤗❤️🥳😍 MY DEDICATION TO RUBI / AVI ... ⭐️🤗❤️🥳😍
POST MY 1ST AND PROB THE LAST MEETING WITH THEM ..
👍🏼👍🏼 AND HERE'S TO CB2 / NEW SERIAL 👍🏼👍🏼
sahir-khayyam-rafi- suman quad, MIKH ('65 Muhobbat isko kahte hain) .. my most favorite romantic song of SK, so melodious & sweet composition. All songs of this movie were super duper hit, excellent & mind blowing !
RAFIJI DID IT YET AGAIN !!
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkeobhPoml8[/YOUTUBE]
SAHIR'S LYRICS ARE TO DIE FOR !
Thaheriye hosh mein aa loon
to chale jaayiyega
aapko dil mein bitha loon (mm hmmm)
to chale jaayiyega (mm hmm)
aapko dil mein bitha loon...

Kab talak rahiyega yun
door ki chahat ban ke

Dil mein aa jaayenge
ikraar-e-mohabbat ban ke

Upni taqdeer bana loon
to chale jaayiyega (mm hmm)

Aapko dil mein bitha loon
to chale jaayiyega
aapko dil mein bitha loon..

Mujhko ikraar-e-mohabbat se
haya aati hai

Baat kehte huye
gardan meri jhuk jaati hai

dekhiye sar ko jhuka loon
to chale jaayiyega (mm hmmm)

Haaye, aapko dil mein bitha loon...

Aisi kya sharam zara
paas to aane dijiyee

Ruk pe bikhri huyi
Zulfein to hatane di jiye

Pyaas aankhon ki bhuja loon
to chale jaayiyega

Thaheriye hosh mein aa loon
to chale jaayiegaa


~#~#~#~
OK, BRACE YOURSELVES .. BELOW IS A GOOGLE QUOTE .. I KNOW I KNOW .. NEED VERY VERY EXTRA TIME TO READ THRU THE WHOOOOOOL NINE YARDS .... BUT IS TOO GOOD TO PASS UP .... HOPE AT LEAST SOME OF U FIND TIME TO READ THRU EVERY SINGLE WORD AND I KNOW I KNOW ... THE SONGS !! 😉
BESIDES, MY THOUGHTS / SENTIMENTS JUST SO CLOSE TO THE WRITER, IT'S SCARY !😲☺️

Ten of my Favourite Shashi Kapoor Songs

By sunheriyaadein

I couldn't find any Shashi Kapoor films in my collection, so I thought the least I could do today was to come up with a list to wish this legend a very Happy Birthday!!!

These are the first ten songs that came to my mind, in no particular order :

1. Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi (Aa Gale Lag Jaa, 1973) : One of my all-time favourite songs. I feel a strange attachment towards this song ' guess it's got to do something with the lyrics. I saw the picturization only when I saw this movie few years ago but have been listening to it on radio for ages. During my hostel days, the only source of entertainment I had (that's, of course, apart from my crazy bunch of friends) was a small radio, which I had to hide during study hours and think of new ways everyday to ensure that our Warden wouldn't notice the ear-phones. I used to literally wait for this song to be played. I had even sent a request to Vividh Bharati for this song.

2. Keh doon tumhe ya chup rahoon (Deewar, 1975) : A cute romantic number from otherwise a serious film.

3. Khilte hai gul yahan (Sharmilee, 1971) : One of the most popular Shashi Kapoor songs. He looks so dashing ' boyish charm with those good looks ' terrific combo. And this movie has some lovely songs.

4. Likhe jo khat tujhe (Kanyadaan, 1969) : As bollyviewer aptly puts it, the only good things in an otherwise annoying movie ' Practical Kumar(Shashi Kapoor) and this song! This song brings lots of childhood memories back, reminds me of home everytime I listen to this - this was one of the most often played songs from my dad's (Rafi) collection.

5. Pardesiyon se na ankhiyan milana (Jab Jab Phool Khile, 1965) : This song marks my introduction to Shashi Kapoor, one of those earliest songs/movies of his that I saw. This song was very very popular in Rangoli back then. And this was also one of his earliest hits.

6. Le jayenge le jayenge dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge ( Chor Machaye Shor, 1974) : Another popular song that's played at almost every wedding. It's hot and happening till this day!!! And it has that feel-good factor about it.

7. Tum bin jaun kahan (Pyar Ka Mausam, 1969) : This song has different versions ' one sung by Rafi and the other by Kishore. And I love both of them. Like Ni sultana re as well, esp Shashi's dance in it

8. Do ankhiyan jhuki hui si (Prem Patra, 1962) : This is one nice movie which I came across accidentally few years back. Sweet tale, beautifully told and it had some amazing songs. Be it Do ankhiyan jhuki hui si or Saawan ki raaton mein (inspired from a Bengali song ' Jete jete ekla pothey). I came across a comment in youtube saying Prem Patra was a remake of a Telugu movie ' "Aaraadhana"? starring Akkineni Nageswararo & Savithri and it was a super hit movie in Telugu (I would definitely like to see this!).

9. Yun rootho na haseena (Neend Hamari Khwab Tumhare, 1966) : I had seen this movie long ago, so don't remember much of it. But I like this song. And while I was making this list, I was listening to Aaj ke Funkaar on Vividh Bharati and needless to say today's funkaar was Shashi Kapoor. In addition to some songs and dialogues from his movies, they also aired an extract from a recorded conversation with Shashi himself ' where he spoke about his love for movies, about his own productions and how he met Jeniffer. And he thanked Nanda for doing movies with him, said he'll forever remain grateful to her for that. It was all so touching. Listening to him, I had tears in my eyes. More about this conversation at the end.

10. Jo ho yaar apna (Trishul, 1978) : I love everything about this movie ' action, dialogues, drama, emotion, revenge, romance and above all the music. I just couldn't decide among Jo ho yaar apna, Jaaneman tum kamaal karti ho and Mohabbat bade kaam ki cheez hai. All of them are so beautifully composed, rendered and picturized.

I just realized that I have seen majority of Shashi's movies (apart from the ones listed above). So am not feeling all that bad about not having any of his movies in my current collection.

Coming back to the conversation from Vividh Bharati archives -

Shashi : At the age of 6, I had seen a movie (he referred to it as Tasveer, it actually sounded so cute) named Sikandar and that left a very deep impression on me. That's when I fell in love with the world of cinema. And around that time, I also appeared on stage for the first time in a play for Prithvi Theatres (phone rang and I missed out on the name of the play'boo-hoo). Then I did few movies as a child artist ' the most significant ones being Aag, Samgram and Awaara. But I was told to concentrate on my studies and I tried to do so, but my mind was set on movies. So, after I failed my metric, I went to my dad and said ' "I want to learn and do something that I enjoy doing rather than going to college" (his exact words ' Metric fail hone ke baad, maine kaha ke main college jane ki jagah woh kaam sikhna chahta hoon, jo meri zindagi ban sake).

RJ's Narration : Yash Chopra launched him as a lead in Dharamputra in 1961 but it didn't do well at the box-office. Bimal Roy's Prem Patra in 1962 followed the same fate. It was Jab Jab Phool Khile and Waqt that established his as an actor.

Shashi : But even then, none of the other leading actors would work with me except for Nanda. And for that I'll forever remain grateful to her. My movies weren't doing all that well then. I was already married and when we had our first baby, I realised that Rs. 400 per month isn't enough to sustain a family and I started doing lots of films. There was a time when I was working in 7-8 movies simultaneously. I worked on few International Projects as well and it was during those that I met Jennifer.

RJ : Success didn't come easily to him just because he was born into the Kapoor family. He had to struggle and work hard to create a niche for himself in the industry. It was only in the late 60's that he became popular.

Tags: Shashi Kapoor, Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi, Aa Gale Lag Jaa, Keh doon tumhe ya chup rahoon, Deewar, Khilte hai gul yahan, Sharmilee, Likhe jo khat tujhe, Kanyadaan, Pardesiyon se na ankhiyan milana, Jab Jab Phool Khile, Le jayenge le jayenge dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge, Chor Machaye Shor, Tum bin jaun kahan, Pyar Ka Mausam, Do ankhiyan jhuki hui si, Saawan ki raaton mein, Prem Patra, Yun rootho na haseena, Neend Hamari Khwab Tumhare, Jo ho yaar apna, Jaaneman tum kamaal karti hon, Mohabbat bade kaam ki cheez hai, Trishul, Happy Birthday Shashi Kapoor

This entry was posted on March 18, 2010 at 7:24 pm and is filed under Ten of my Favourite Songs. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can , or trackback from your own site.

24 Responses to "Ten of my Favourite Shashi Kapoor Songs"

    Nasir Says:
    | Reply

    It was indeed Jab Jab Phool Khile that made the cinegoers notice him. That was 1965. I remember coming back from the Minerva Talkies several times without securing any tickets for the movie. That movie was such a hit. Even in today's scenario it looks and sounds good. Thereafter there was no looking back for him. With the rise of Amitabh Bachchan as the mega star, Shashi Kapoor became a necessary prop for him. As he advanced in years, I remember that it became fashion for young girls to cite him as their beau or most favourite star.

    One notable movie that he also did as a child artiste is Dilip Kumar's Shaheed (1948) where he plays the young Dilip Kumar.

    Our Karate team often used to go for practice on the terrace of the building where he used to stay and that was in Harkness Road, (I don't know the new name) i.e. in the Napean Sea Road area.

    There are many good Shashi songs as pointed out by you. I would like to add my favourites: Meri Zindagi mein aate toh kuchh aur baat hoti from Kanyadan; Gore haathon par na zulm karo from Pyaar Kiye Jaa; Yahaan main ajnabi hoon from JJP Khile; Thehriye hosh mein aa loon from Mohabbat Isko Kehte Hain; among many others. Junoon (1979) was one of his offbeat movie opposite the debutante Nafisa Ali.

    Among his early black and white films, somehow I like Biradari for its totality where he acted opposite the beautiful Fariyal.

    I believe that the death of his dear wife actually took a toll on him.

    • sunheriyaadein Says:
      | Reply

      JJPK was a nice movie and all the songs were so beautiful. All the other songs you have mentioned are great. Thehriye hosh mein aa loon is among my personal favourites too. But listing just ten songs is a tough job, you reach the count even before you realize it and end up missing so many other songs.
      Haven't seen Bira-Dari yet. Added it to my list.

    bollyviewer Says:
    | Reply

    Lovely list' Le jayenge and Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi have kind of become Shashi's signature tunes these days ' thanks to the films named after them! Though Le jayenge was also very popular on DD, back in the 80s. I particularly love Likhe jo khat tujhe ' Rafi+Shashi+Kashmir=win win! And I am delighted to see Prem Patra songs here, too. Its a pretty underrated film and the soundtrack is lovely. My favorites from the film, though, are the two Talat duets ' Saawan ki raaton mein and Mere andhere ujale na hote. Another one of my all-time favorite Shashi song is Tumhen husn deke khuda ne ' a gorgeous qawwali that has him sharing screen space with an equally handsome Shammi Kapoor!

    And, lucky you, getting to hear an old interview of his (not to mention, having access to Vividh Bharti)! Hope some nice soul will upload it somewhere on the internets'

      sunheriyaadein Says:
      | Reply

      I never knew Tumhe husn deke khuda na had Shammi and Shashi. Thank you so much for this gem! I have to get hold of this movie now

      • bollyviewer Says:

        Its a Geeta Bali-Pradeep Kumar film ' Shashi and Shammi just show up for the "item" number. Its the only good thing about the film (I couldnt even get through disc 1) and it is satisfying long! (on youtube ' Tumhen husn deke)

    • sunheriyaadein Says:
      | Reply

      I saw the video on youtube and both the Kapoor brothers were dashing in it! And thanks for the word of caution. In that case, I would rather be content watching the song.

    dustedoff Says:
    | Reply

    You've listed some of my favourite Shashi songs (and some of my favourite Shashi films too ' I really love Prem Patra and Pyaar Kiye Jaa, and like Deewaar, Jab-Jab Phool Khile and Pyaar ka Mausam well enough). I also like the ones Nasir mentions, especially Yahaan main ajnabi hoon, which I like more than Ek tha gul.

    And two of my favourites: Woh tere pyaar ka gham from My Love and Din hain bahaar ke from Waqt.

    • sunheriyaadein Says:
      | Reply

      I too like Yahaan main ajnabi hoon and Yeh sama better than Ek tha gul .
      And Din hai bahaar ke was at no. 11. Listening to Woh tere pyaar ka gham .

    Beth Says:
    | Reply

    Lovely collection ' and what a treat to read about the interview!

    sunheriyaadein Says:
    | Reply

    Thank you and thanks for dropping by. It was a real treat indeed. And the songs they played on radio for Shashi-special episode were-

    Ek tha gul
    Ek raasta hai zindagi
    Likhe jo khat tujhe
    Ni sultana re
    Humko tum pe pyaar aaya
    Yahan main ajnabee hoon
    Yeh din hai bahaar ke

    Nasir Says:
    | Reply

    The waqt song, yeh din hain bahaar ke'., has a peculiar charm with a beautiful location set to Twist dance. The charming Sharmila and the hesititant Shashi singing in the boat is almost in the same philosophical vein as another song from the older Chopra movie, Dhool Ka Phool: Tere Pyaar Ka Aasraa Chaahta hoon but without the ultimate tragedy of the latter.

    Biradari (Brotherhood)is a simple movie that treads the trodden path of rich versus poor and the golden heart of the latter, amplified by the song Tum Jo so ho lekin Khudaa toh naheen, aji hamm bhee hai insaan tumse judaa toh naheen. Fariyal looks so beautiful with a body of a model, unlike the heroines of that era. A pity, that she was reduced to playing vampish roles in late Sixties.

    Richard S. Says:
    | Reply

    Hi. I never became much of a Shashi fan, so I probably couldn't name my favorite Sashi songs as easily as the rest of the people here. But I do have a favorite Shashi song, partly because it has such great music by Iqbal Qureshi (with vocals by Mohammed Rafi and Usha Khanna), and partly because I'm a fan of Ragini (whom Shashi didn't even like to be paired up with, but too bad!) The song is Phir Aane Laga Yaad Wahi

      Nasir Says:
      | Reply

      Richard, in my opinion that's one of the most melodious songs you have pointed out: Phir Aane lagaa Yaad vohee pyaar ka Aalam'. where Usha Khanna just sings the refrain: Pyaar Ka Aalam.

      If you are a fan of Ragini then you would just love the songs from Shikari (Ajit-Ragini starrer), especially Chaman Ke Phool Bhi Tujhko Gulaab Kehte Hain'

        sunheriyaadein Says:

        I never knew that song starred Shashi. It's a gem of a song. And so is Chaman ke phool bhi .
        If you are a Ragini fan, then I've the reivew of Aadhi Raat Ke baad coming up next. Saw it yesterday, and it has some lovely numbers '

        1. Badi rangeen hai rangoon ki yeh shaam
        2. Mukhde pe tere bijli si chamak
        3. O gori tori baki haye haye ram
        4. Bahut haseen hai tumhari aankhen
        5. Kaafir nazar takrayi
        6. Mera dil baharon ka woh phool hai

        Except for the 3rd song, all the others are picturised on Ragini and I love her dance!

        sunheriyaadein Says:

        @ Nasir : And that one line that Usha sings ' Pyaar ka aalam has enhanced the feel of the song so much. Beautiful!

        Richard S. Says:

        Nasir, glad you like that song as much as I do. And thanks for the Shakiri recommendation. I recalled that movie had a famous Ragini-Helen dance ' to the song "Tumko Piya Dil Diya" (which is very nice)'

        Sunheriyaadein, I saw Aadhi Raat Ke Baad about ten months ago' I am curious to see what you thought about it. I thought the film overall was a mixed bag at best' But it was amusing in places, and I did enjoy the Ragini dances. I also got one screen cap that inspired me to write a post about Bollywood songs and movies mentioning Rangoon:

        https://roughinhere.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/to-and-from-rangoon/

        (Unfortunately, the Ragini dance I posted is gone now, and I don't know if I can replace it. I'll probably be able to replace the removed clip of "Mere Piya" ')

        harvey Says:
        | Reply

        nice list!

        bollywooddeewana Says:
        | Reply

        Loved going through your list and your little commentary, although i haven't seen too much from him, Shahsi is really adorable from the little i've seen of his films, one of my all time favourite songs picturised on him is 'Sar se sarke' from 'Silsila, ii used to listen to taht song endlessly when i first heard it, its one of my favourite Kishore/ Lata duo's of all time

        • sunheriyaadein Says:
          | Reply

          Thanks! I love this song too'have liked it from the very first time I heard it. But like I said, listing just 10 songs'u reach the count even before you actually start thinking of all the songs picturized on the particular actor.

        Nasir Says:
        | Reply

        @Richard: Most Welcome.

      • Nasir Says:
        | Reply

        Yes, it infuses the universe with love!

      • amit thaker Says:
        | Reply

        HINDI FIL IND. ME SAB SE HENDSAM HERO IS SHASHIKAPOOR

      • B Chellam Devadoss Says:
        | Reply

        I was always his fan and never missed his movies. I remember some films which didn't do well but I still liked them because Shashi , I believe is one of the most handsome and charming among heroes.
        Do you remember films like Holiday in Bombay, Raja Saab and Mr Romeo?
        I do.

Edited by radev24 - 15 years ago
liveforever thumbnail
19th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Thats true, Mithai is for every single one😃






Get well Soon Navya DI😃










sunbeam09 thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I would like to dedicate this song to Avina......
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwjcxPg79ZA&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]
Enjoy:)
liveforever thumbnail
19th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4-fyZ5o4Ks[/YOUTUBE]
Enjoy😃
sunbeam09 thumbnail
16th Anniversary Thumbnail Voyager Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: hotie

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQhpNIABdQo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for posting the title song of choti bahu😃
radev24 thumbnail
17th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Good Morning / Good Evening Friends.😉











I'm so totally lost ... dont know kahan se shuru karu ... eeshwar, allah, madad karo ... aapki sharan hoon 😉
But needless to say, 1st things 1st .... Meri Pyaali pyaali CHHONI ko kahin Ishq Ka bukhaar to nahi chad gaya ?! Ok, answering my own Q ... of course not ... in her pm to me, she said .. I am very tough ... mujhe kuch nahi hone waala ... now THAT'S LIKE MY GIRL !! 👏⭐️👏⭐️
Still in addition to dher saari mithai, below kuch to tikdam lagani hi padegi .. 😆😉
Ok, wait ... this TADKE WAALI KHICHADI WILL FIX U PRONTO ...👏

And here's your most fav song .. wait a minute,

how do I know that ? Duh, have to guess it .. So CHHONI

when u return sooner than later, let me know where this song stands in your list of most fav ones ... theek hai ?! 🤗
Very nice song.😃Clap

Daata Sun Le, Maula Sun Le from the movie JAIL by Lataji.ClapStar


[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8XUdKUafn8[/YOUTUBE]




daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le
maula sun le

raahon se meri
kaante chun le
dar pe khade hain
sar ko jhukaaye
itni si arj hamaari

daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le

raat to khali hai
din bhi andhera hai
raat to khali hai
din bhi andhera hai

apne palkon ki tu
chhaaon mein rakhna
jeevan ki dori ko tu
thaam ke rakhna

haathon mein tere hi
hai duniya hamari
daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le

galatiyan jo humne ki
wo maaf kar dena
man mein sachhaai ka
vishwaas bar dena

raaten guzarti hai
aankhon hi aankhon mein
kuchh phool dhoondte hain
kaanto se baresha aankhon mein

saanso ki dharti pe
hamri paapta parbat baari
daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le
maula sun le
daata sun le
maula sun le

maula sun le..
daata sun le..
maula sun le..

[YOUTUBE]File Name[/YOUTUBE]

And finally have a great weekend,
what's left of it ...
well, I just got back ..
cut me some slack u guys ! 😆😉


Edited by radev24 - 15 years ago

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".