What were the parents thinking

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago
What were the parents thinking

What can possibly prompt parents of 1-year-old to hand over their infant to complete strangers for a TV show? If you ever figure out the answer to that one, let me know. Sure you can watch how the celebrities are playing parent to your child and can even intervene wherever you feel the need to (that's what the Channel promises) but in reality how much of that has been allowed, only the real parents know. Though the children are yet to arrive, from the first episode that I saw last night of Pati Pati or Woh, here is how I think the five couples will fare in the first week

Elesh and Rakhi

Rakhi knows how to stay in the game—this is after all her third stint at a reality show. She will do anything and everything to garner sympathy for herself, is likely to leave all the handling of the kids to Elesh so that he becomes the bad daddy. She is likely to mop about the house, cook occasional meals and get in to cat fights.

Juhi and Sachin

He looks like he never really has a say in anything that this couple decides. Sachin will have to follow wherever Juhi leads him. Juhi is made of stern stuff and is likely to make sure there is no damage to her image while handling the kids. She will straddle the cooking and baby management and will leave Sachin to clean up after them.

Gaurav and Mouni

An oddball couple. Gaurav looks like he is too much of control freak. He is also very image-conscious to let go and really tell us the audience what he is feeling. Not good material for a reality show. In all likelihood he will act like the manager and make poor Mouni do all the hardwork.

Apoorva and Shilpa

Apoorva is out his depth here. I don't think he will be of much help because he says he can't cook, doesn't clean. Shilpa will do everything, plus work with the baby and then hand over the child to him for safe-keeping.

Gurmeet and Debina

What are they even doing here?