More and more I see the story progress, I feel like Vik is kind of a trophy. In regular bollywood movies from yesteryears, we used to have the concept that most beautiful girl will go the hero. Something like that.
Everyone is fighting for mannat, but Vik is shown as someone who needs to be rescued and saved" for mannat. Thats why his multiple marriages has no significance, including his almost marriage with mannat. Thats why attaching any emotional value to Vik's marriage doesnt make sense. Because the next day he might divorce them. As people say here, they are nothing but panmasala weddings.
Look at others who fight for mannat. Even that savi ki sautan character from Arambhi seems to have strong bond with Mannat. DK is shown losing his cool over Mannat's safety. I hope they will show Vik tomorrow like that. But the point I am trying to make is that Vik is a trophy for Mannat who by surpassing Malla, Yash and any other evil females out there to finally claim him. He need not do anything else but exist. He was already made so desirable by the description of it, Mannat deserves him theoretically as a fact. Thats the reason he is never a conflict point in the story. Conflicts are surrounding all other characters, and if Mannat is capable enough to resolve them single handedly or with the help of others/DK, then she will deserve Vik. Whether vik deserves mannat or not is not at all the point. Mannat in her monologues already said that he has to just say sorry, she will be all his! So yeah there will be no redemption track, because it is not needed.
PS: I suddenly realized there are only two kids in the mandap, Yuvi is nowhere to be seen! Mukta, explain...
Edited by sadiltl - 5 months ago
1.4k