Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 days ago

Actually, actors and actresses get awarded for the performance not for the real life person they are (at least it should be like that).

So, one simply can change the name of the categories in:

best male character performance ( best mcp)/ best female character performance (best fcp) /best queer character performance (best qcp) if there had been one...

and likewise best smcp / sfcp / sqcp for the supporting actors/actresses

Conclusion: Even with these categories, Alia didn't robb Ranveer.

Edited by Clochette - 14 days ago
bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Comparing reel and real life? Actors doing movie with their consent vs actor being bashed purely on assumptions and being mocked in their real life. 
it’s an invalid comparison imho. 

Matlab reel mein agar hum aise portrayal pe haste hain to real mein bhi has lein RS ke upar ?? Since the line between real and reel has dimmed???

Apne favourite pe bast aayi to itni rudaali kyun???

bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

Yes he deserved an award more than her for both films but Ranveer doesn't need paid awards, most of the audience (apart from Alia fans) loved him more than her

I loved RS in Gully Boy more than I loved Alia. In RARPK, I liked both of them equally??

So how are you generalising all Alia fans?? 

You THINK

You ASSUME

or do you have anything substantial to back your statement????

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

"Since the line between real and reel has dimmed???"

T h a t  is a really interesting line/question.

Isn't it often the case that fans transport their impressions about the played character(s) (= reel) into the actor's/actress' personality (= real)?

Apart from that, also fans tend to believe in the image an actor/actress/celebrity/influencer  builds/has built.

When not living (or working) with the respective person (= real), then one hardly will get to know the real person (and even then as the work attitude isn't forcibly the same as the private attitude).

When I read about how fans write about SRK and even would love to marry him then I always think : if you would know him like Gauri and his kids know him or Pooja and Ravi know him, would you still want to marry him? There may be traits of him shining through his performances (which indeed is the case) but the real ShahRukh is much complexer than even all these 'coming through' combined.

SRK once said that he is like a prism for the people...he reflects what people want to see without seeing the inside.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

I loved RS in Gully Boy more than I loved Alia. In RARPK, I liked both of them equally??

So how are you generalising all Alia fans?? 

You THINK

You ASSUME

or do you have anything substantial to back your statement????

Blessed are those who the questions 

bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Blessed are those who the questions 

In this Forum???smiley3

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Even Alia's fans agree that she does not deserve to win for these two roles and its simply another way to throw Ranveer under the bus. Yet they spend all their time bashing Ranveer, not realizing who is the real problem here. 

Which fans did one honestly have a chance to talk to? smiley4

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Ques: Alia's suited recommendation? smiley13

Posted: 12 days ago

[Post Removed]