Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NINALOGY thumbnail
Posted: 14 days ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Not to be a party pooper but 4.5 is based on trps from A and B segments only. So segments C D and E were not included in the calculation. Look at Jaan Nisar trp in Green poster and you'll know how skewed results get if we filter to specific segments only. 

Once pdptrp releases TRPs for all channels based on standard methodology inclusive of ABCDE segments, we will know better (most likely it will be less than 4.5). 

But let wom build. In the future episodes, GM may get to trps of 4.5 or more (applying proper formula). IM started off slow and only picked up after e7 or e8. that may happen here too.

Don't know how this rating system works. It's just a start maybe trp will get higher with coming episodes 

tgota92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

Saw the pilot last night. Enjoyed it even though it is similar to many Gunda films seen in Hindi. 

Liked the cast. They all can act and saw some fresh faces. I liked dilbar and Munna as a duo. 

Loved Munna ka oath taking scene.

Yumna was good, hope zarnab isn't as preachy as some PTV leads who are annoying (Shibra).

Humayumna have chemistry. How does the ship name sound?

Munna and Dilbar had really cute banter and I’m liking that Ahmed is underplaying it instead of some OTT comic acting. He works under Munna but seems intelligent and shrewd despite being the usual sidekick. 

The oath taking scene was hilarious. I think as much as chemistry is important with the FL it’s important for a character like Munna’s to click with majority of actors around him and thankfully this seems to have happened. Humayun and Adnan have a natural flow in scenes and the comedy doesn’t look forced. I’m so so curious to find out what his tragic love story was 🤣

Yumna seems to not just be the mere love interest here which already sets her apart from Shibra (I think Durre did great as Shibra for the most part but unfortunately the writing sucked and the preachiness you mentioned ultimately had no relevance in her arc). But being a journalist I don’t see it being irrelevant to her arc later on in the story. We already know she loves an upstanding honest police man and what she thinks of gundaas. Her heart will soften towards Munna eventually but it’ll be interesting to see how her feelings collide with her ethics and morals. From the OST lyrics “tumhari chup aur humara lehja” I get the vibe that hers will maybe be a silent love and not an openly acknowledged one. Thora denial ka element hoga which will cause interesting character shifts maybe. I am seated for this kind of angst and conflicted eMoTiOnS smiley36 Perhaps the character chart and judgement she has prepared for Munna in her head, he’s going to subvert her expectations enough times to make her extremely annoyed lol 

NINALOGY thumbnail
tgota92 thumbnail

This is great! Is this the highest still for Green?

Even big channels are at 6 only so 3.8 is amazing 

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tgota92

This is great! Is this the highest still for Green?

Even big channels are at 6 only so 3.8 is amazing 

I think this maybe second highest for Green.

The highest for Green was when Kabli Pulao got a TRP of 4.1

I feel GM TRPs will grow and exceed KP's record in the next few weeks.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 070531.png

P.S. I tracked Green TRPs only in the first few months of its starting so if any shows got higher TRPs post that I dunno.

Edited by hypnotoad - 14 days ago
tgota92 thumbnail

KP also got popular eventually by word of mouth. Isn’t 4.1 highest for a random episode and not its first one? 

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tgota92

KP also got popular eventually by word of mouth. Isn’t 4.1 highest for a random episode and not its first one? 

Yes. KP grew by WOM purely. Its first episode TRP was 0.92.

Green's first episodes have dismal TRPs coz of how badly promoted their shows typically are. The first wave of shows had better promotions but there were some teething issues around people being able to access Green when it debuted which could have affected their e1 TRPs. 

So in terms of first episodes, GM is ahead of other Green shows by a mile.