Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 23 days ago

Originally posted by: Mr.Abrol

Wonder if 'taarham taarhi' (a typically boys game in 90s hitting each other with rubber/cosco/plastic ball) has now gone into extinction ?

I googled the game's name but couldn't find an explanation... can you explain the game a bit more? Is it a kind of playing tape-ball?

Edited by Clochette - 23 days ago
Mr.Abrol thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I googled the game's name but couldn't find an explanation... can you explain the game a bit more? Is it a kind of playing tape-ball?

Played by a ball , preferably in a small enclosed area , everybody is a rival here where they :

scramble to grab the ball --> hit the nearby rival as hard as one can --> scramble to grab the ball --> hit the nearby rival as hard as one can --> scramble to.....goes on & on . Cacophony of the ball* hitting rival's bum & resultant shriek was the be all & end all .

As you can deduce , it is technically not a game at all . No winner no loser no sense . Just a bunch of mischievous boys having fun their way back then . We used to play it as makeshift when we couldn't play cricket for some reason like rain , school recess or where we simply had a ball only .

* we used plastic ball for best results , another plus was that there was no real injury at all by it (also , there used to be an unwritten understanding whereby bums & back were the chief target while avoiding face & balls altogether)

Edited by Mr.Abrol - 23 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for the explanation smiley27 it really seems to be a boy's game...I didn't play it although I mostly had played with boys of my area...and now, the kids don't play it neither...instead they shoot with Nerfs or water pistols (wild play, too - with the side effects of either having to collect the Nerf munition or being wet smiley36).