Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 23 days ago

Laapata ladies- Good. Predictable but enjoyable. Aamir should marry this Kiran Rao lady, she seems talented.

D3viL thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

Lapaataa Ladies

It is funny, light, refreshing, all the actors were good.  Definitely something that Supari_khala won't enjoy because no one dies

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 21 days ago

Murder mubarak

Khichdi bana diya movie ke naam par. didn't enjoy that much. 

Tisca sanjay dimple and karishma were good.

Edited by Billi_Bangalan - 21 days ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Has anyone watched Baby Reindeer? No 1 on Netflix for third consecutive week

Even I was intrigued and wanted to watch which never happens for a US or UK show, but had to stop after first episode after I heard about all the sexual violence... It was good though

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DobbyDeol

Laapata ladies- Good. Predictable but enjoyable. Aamir should marry this Kiran Rao lady, she seems talented.

Both were married to each other. They divorced. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Manjummel Boys 

Loved it. I genuinely feel Malayalam cinema is both in technicality and storytelling leaguessssssss ahead. No other industry comes close. None. Cinematography is beautiful; transition shots are sooo good, my god. It's based on a real incident, and all throughout I thought what amazing fate it must be to have a friend like Kuttan. 

Edited by MaebyFunke - 5 days ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Currently watching 'The Family Star' smiley4

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Young Sheldon S2—S6

Compared to The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon is surprisingly more complex and nuanced. I kept binging from one season to another, so they are all a blur to me now. 

In some ways, there are huge disconnects between TBBT and Young Sheldon. For example, in TBBT, Sheldon remembers his dad as a drunk lout, uninvolved dad, a liar, and a cheater. But George Cooper is far from that. Sure, he is very much an old-fashioned man who sits on the couch and drinks beer while his wife does all the chores. But he is not a drunk lout nor is he uninvolved. He is an involved dad who shows genuine concern for his children. 

The cheating arc is presented in a mature manner with emotion. George never cheated on his wife with Brenda Sparks. But he would have had it not been for a heart attack. And there is an emotional vulnerability and attachment developed that is lacking in his marriage. Mary herself has her temptations despite her piousness. She finds herself having sexual and romantic fantasies of men other than her husband like Pastor Rob. 

It is well done and explores the truth about marriage. What is cheating? When is a marriage over? People change and drift apart. Mary Cooper went from being a fun-loving teen who dated and got pregnant before marriage to a born-again devout Christian, while George Cooper stayed the same. No wonder they drifted apart and struggled to connect as a couple. 

There are other nuances too. George's colleague Wade appears to have a picture-perfect marriage that falls apart quickly. But George and Mary somehow manage to work it out despite their struggles. And should you try to make it work? Especially for the kids. Paige's rebellion may make it seem that divorce is hard on teens and makes them act up. But then Missy goes through the same wringer because her parents are unhappily together. Speaking of Missy, she has some remarkable emotional intelligence and is so intuitive about what is going on. Then there is Billy Sparks who is deeply sad after his parent's divorce but still manages to be the sweetest kid. 

Dale and Meemaw have their own unique dynamic, showing that sometimes marriage isn't necessary for a ride-or-die relationship. Finally, there is Georgie and Mandy. At first blush, Georgie is a fcuk boy who lies about his age and gets a much older woman pregnant. That he is, but when he realizes he is about to be a dad, he matures significantly, stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility. 

Young Sheldon's most important achievement is establishing how he became the Sheldon we know in TBBT. Mary Cooper is often insufferable and coddles Sheldon. Every time he has an opportunity to learn or concede, she overrides everyone else because he is special. Every act of stubbornness and selfishness is reinforced. 

I can't wait to see how the show concludes. 

have you been watching season 7 ? 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Shaitan. You have no idea how true to the core this movie was. A devil that hides behind girls to do his dirty work for him whilst he watches on with popcorn and mind controls for his own crappy purpose. Shaitan was a true user and abuser of his innocent warrior girls. 

Movie lived up to its name. 

Loved how Ajay kept his patience.... then ruined him... when the time was right. 

So yeah that's the gist of it, without giving away too much.

Edited by carisma2 - 11 days ago
Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 20 days ago

Tbmauj 

was a nice movie to watch. Never got bored. Kriti looked super se bhi upar pretty. Right amount of comedy. I really liked it.smiley20 thumbs up