Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 23 days ago

Originally posted by: Kamala05

One reason I enjoy visiting forums is to discover not so well-marketed movies. I  watched "Laapata Ladies" and loved it. The casting was perfect, and the story addressed a serious issue in a humorous way. Aside from the main cast, I especially enjoyed the snacks lady at the railway station.

Me too...her dialogue akela rehna seekh liya, koi tumhara kuch nahi bhigad saktha.. This one keep on  ringing in my mind...so powerful...πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 22 days ago

Ahh i am still in hangover from this one. Such a simple, authentic movie. The girl who played Jaya is easily miles ahead of nepo gang interms of looks and talent but as always she will have to struggle. Actually all the actors in the movie deserve accolades , how effortless they made everything look. 

simply amazing, its been a loooooong time since i watched a movie this well rounded. 

Take a bow kiran Rao, who knew she was this talented πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

SriDevi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

I absolutely loved this film!!! 

It was so well written and acted. Every strand of story was so well placed. Nothing seemed excessive and it was a simple but powerful story. 

Jaya and the snack lady are my favourite characters. 

I also loved when the older women in the village who arr mother in law and daughter in law recognised the importance of female solidarity and friendship. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 days ago

Agree with each and everyone's opinion here.

I am glad to see that the film is being loved by the massed and the classes alike.smiley27 Only Aamir-Kiran can do this.

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Good movie!  Different 

Ria23 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Such a simple, and subtle characters. Koi tam jham, makeup, dance numbers nothing

It was very heartwarming to watch deepak and phool

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 days ago

Loved the movie. 

And then came across this. If this is true - truly sad for original creative team. 

https://x.com/ofrunjh/status/1793909872398078101?s=46&t=Q96IWrDq2C9bhu2B8fjITg

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

In an IF thread from 15 years ago, this telefilm was mentioned (6th post):

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/993421

Kiran herself (and also the writer of "Two Brides", Biplab Goswami) says that the movie is based on Goswami's writing and that she didn't know anything about Ghunghat Ke Pat Khol.

If Kiran doesn't lie then Goswami has used elements from this movie (maybe his filmmaker friend Ravikumar told him somes scenes out of the telefilm or these things really happen because of the veiled brides).

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/exclusive-interview-when-story-is-the-hero-screen-writer-biplab-goswami-on-aamir-khan-kiran-raos-laapataa-ladies-not-just-bollywood-13751038.html

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

....and I have to say, it's easily one of the best films I've seen in recent memory.smiley20smiley27

The characters, acting, storyline, emotions, and background music were all spot on. I can't remember the last time I was so captivated by something so raw, soothing, and authentic on screen.smiley27smiley32  Huge thanks to Kiran and Aamir for making such a remarkable film.

I must say, movies like "12th Fail," "Laapata Ladies," and "Chamkeela" are like a breath of fresh air. smiley32

They not only entertain but also provoke thought, and offer a sense of calmness while watching.

Let's hope for more films like these in the future!smiley42

πŸ’―

Laapata ladies - Gem of a movie with largely a new cast that did a fab job as well. 

Some movies just make you go β€”- Oh wow. That’s what movie making is all about….. and this is one of them. 

Edited by KJasoosChulbulP - 4 days ago