Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: wat_up

I’m sure in war she won’t be having that much todo with ntr jr n hrithik hogging space. Here she will be a lead. She still as ways to go till she’s considered in alias league. 

She has negotiated a very big role but after Fighter who knows how they will change War 2's story. She has a big role in the Don remake too.  Actually her dates are clashing with a Ram Charan film she's doing at the same time as this Varun film, which requires a lot of time.

Alia struggles with the masses, only works in urban centres. Alia's made it in her target demographic, it'll be harder for Kiara to compete with her so far with the SLB films. Sanya, Mrunal and Kriti are Alia's threats in the urban genre. Sanya is connected to Dharma, yet gets very little films because Alia knows they have a similar image (cute, bubbly). 

Mrunal has a very traditional screen presence and works very well with SLB (their movie production w/Sid C) 

Kriti is favored by Maddock, the urban film makers and has The Crew. Rhea's support of Kriti is very threatening to Alia. People really underestimate Rhea, she's the most successful of the Kapoors this gen after Ranbir. 

Kiara works with the masses with her acting and dance. Bhushan Kumar now wants Tripti to also cater to the masses, just with more difficult roles (and less dancing) since she's a FTII graduate. 

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

She has negotiated a very big role but after Fighter who knows how they will change War 2's story. She has a big role in the Don remake too.  Actually her dates are clashing with a Ram Charan film she's doing at the same time as this Varun film, which requires a lot of time.

Alia struggles with the masses, only works in urban centres. Alia's made it in her target demographic, it'll be harder for Kiara to compete with her so far with the SLB films. Sanya, Mrunal and Kriti are Alia's threats in the urban genre. Sanya is connected to Dharma, yet gets very little films because Alia knows they have a similar image (cute, bubbly). 

Mrunal has a very traditional screen presence and works very well with SLB (their movie production w/Sid C) 

Kriti is favored by Maddock, the urban film makers and has The Crew. Rhea's support of Kriti is very threatening to Alia. People really underestimate Rhea, she's the most successful of the Kapoors this gen after Ranbir. 

Kiara works with the masses with her acting and dance. Bhushan Kumar now wants Tripti to also cater to the masses, just with more difficult roles (and less dancing) since she's a FTII graduate. 

interesting to know. I just want her to dethrone Alia lol 😂 because Alia is getting snooty in my opinion but it will be difficult task as she got more connections. 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Is there a new game going on about keeping long movie names? 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: you2

People can say anything they want.Insiders,investors know the truth.Perceptions just feeds the ego of the stars.So gehraiyaan was a flop? How? It was sold at a huge amount of 100 crs..and had 22 million views.

Jahnvi's Madhuri's ,Rishi Kapoor's,Vidya's,Tamannah's,Yami's films did bigger numbers with much less publicity.

Now you know why Love & War doesn't have an investor..and that SPY universe joke of an announce ment was made(with the second lead  of war2 ,Sharvari-not even Kiara)

Thanks for posting this. This helps put a lot in perspective. I've seen most of the movies that beat Darlings on here. The funny thing is that all those movies that were higher in ranking, I only learned about either from people recommending them here or from finding them myself on Netflix or whatever OTT they are streaming on. I barely remember any of them promoted yet this proves that even without publicity, they scored higher numbers. Audiences are proving who they want to see onscreen.

Meanwhile, Darlings is the only one I kept hearing brought up in the media over and over as some sort of streaming hit yet with all that promotion, it scores towards the bottom. Gehraiyaan is the only other movie I remember being heavily promoted and most of that was negativity towards how the film was too raunchy, mature, and a ratings flop...yet these numbers indicate that actually it was one of the highest scorers. Just goes to show how much of publicity is inauthentic and you shouldn't trust PR. Going by PR, Deepika's film was a major flop and Alia's was the biggest hit of all time but that couldn't be further from the truth. 

So now on top of Alia's box office disasters like Kalank and Sadak 2, we can add Darlings to the list of her films that failed to break even or underperformed but had major PR to tout them as successes like Brahmastra, Raazi, Rocky aur Rani, and Gangubai. Has this girl had any solid hit that didn't involve SRK or Varun?

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Not even an alia fan but kiara or tripti cannot be compared to alia or any top actress for that matter. Both kiara and tripti cannot survive without male leads. kiara's indoo ki jawani movie worldwide collection was way LOWER than any top actress opening day forget lifetime collection. Kiara needs male leads to deliver her hit films while alia or any top actress needs great directors and great script to deliver hit. I have not seen an alia movie since dear z, her acting is average and not that of great acting that people make it out to be, she just works with great directors. 

Edited by Terenaina - 3 months ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

thanks for posting

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

pakau title

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

What is with Khaitan and his silly movie titles 

This is too try hard 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

Regardless of the facts or stats perception wise Varun bore the entire brunt of Kalank though Alia was arguably the worst performer in that movie, infact he incurred the maximum damage post pandemic and nepotism debate, though he is being positioned to make a comeback by the industry and trade with this & BabyJohn they were literally presenting him as some big shot in the title reveal thingysmiley36

Dharma rarely goes wrong with rom-coms last flop in it was that Sid-Kat one I guess.

Long and short of it as per rumours and stuff remains that Alia refused to work with him.

I told you that Kiara,Kriti,Shraddha,Janhvi,Anushka..Varun has pick of co-stars. Who does Alia have. Do you want RS to work with her again? She needs him.His fans would like to see her as some competition for DP.

Jigra is the type of film Alia needs to manage perception.Raazi opened at 7cr and Gangu with SLB opened at 9+crs. Managing a a few crs for opening day is easily achievable.Hopefully her sister doesn't post a nasty tweet.PR can go to town claiming that only she has BO pull.But otherwise totally useless to anyone else in BW business.

And hopefully BOI doesn't inadvertently expose

We had a thread, where we posted the humungous  jump in tickets sales the night before Gangu released.