🏏India vs Afghanistan, 1st T20I- PCA,IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali 🏏 - Page 29

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

Rinku: "Enjoying batting at this number. Making it a habit of staying not out. Enjoyed batting in the cold a lot. While fielding the ball was hurting and nobody could see much out there (laughs). I try to talk to myself, and tell myself that anything can happen when I bat at No. 6. In the last IPL, I spoke to Mahi bhai, and he said the more you remain calm the better it is. Try to see what the bowler is doing and react accordingly. If I think too much things can go wrong for me (laughs), so I see what the bowler is doing instead."

India chasing targets 160 or below in home T20Is

Instances 17 

Matches won 16* 

Matches lost 1 (vs NZ, Nagpur, 2016)

Ibrahim Zadran: We were short by 30-40 runs. Unfortunately we lost the toss but the boys fought till the end. We were trying to have a good start in the powerplay. We lost wickets, one of us had to bat till the 14-15th over and that put under a bit of pressure. In the second innings, there was dew. Gripping was hard for the bowlers. We have to improve our fielding, we were a bit lazy. We'll try to improve our batting as well. In bowling, there's no issue.

Rohit Sharma: It was extremely cold. Now I am okay. When the ball hits the tip of the finger, it was sore. In the end, it was good. Lot of positives, we got a lot from this game, especially with the ball. Wasn't the easiest of conditions. Our spinners bowled really well and the seamers also did the job as well. These things happen (on the run-out). When it happens you feel frustrated, you want to be out there and score runs for the team. Everything will not go your way. We won the game, that's more important. I wanted Gill to carry on, unfortunately got out after playing a very good little innings. Lot of positives. Shivam Dube, the way Jitesh batted, Tilak as well and then Rinku is in good form as well. We want to keep trying different things - try and bowl our bowlers in different situations of the game, like you saw today, Washi bowled the 19th over. We want to challenge ourselves in the areas we are slightly uncomfortable with and the bowlers are not used to that. We want to try and do that. Keeping all of those things in mind, we'll try and do whatever is possible but not at the cost of the game. We want to make sure that we come out on top and play the game well. All in all, today was a good day for us.

Edited by SoniRita - 4 months ago
Rosyme thumbnail

Happy for Shivam Dube - POTM. He has come a long way...

Dhoni also backed him always.

He had fitness issues earlier but didn't have much money to hire a dietician etc when he was young i guess.

Edited by Rosyme - 4 months ago

Shivam Dube | Player of the Match: It was really cold. I enjoyed playing on this ground, There was some pressure, I had one thing on my mind - I had to play my game. First 2-3 balls, I feel some pressure, after that I focus on the ball, I know I can hit big sixes. Bowling, I got the opportunity and I executed.

India take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series. That's it from this game. The action will shift to central India. Tune in on Sunday for the second T20I at Indore. 

average-student thumbnail

Congrats Indiasmiley40

sad that cutie rashid not playing smiley13

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Congratulations Men's ICT ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ team for winning today's match smiley40smiley41smiley20