Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: India_TV

I have not watched any of the other seasons.....

for this,season,  Abhi;s kicking akshu out of the house at her lowest and then not even bothered to take her calls...was quite inhumane....I m not sure how abhi can get support for such an act.........

same thing, how can people be okay with manjari's demands for aborting the baby, how can this act be justified.........

and then calling names to the baby as tummy mein kachra, product of ONS etc is again not understandable......bhai ....abhinav and akshu were married....akshu ko maili and abhi ko pure.....😂 kaun se zamane ki baaten hain?? the hate akshu gets is totally not understandable....

I was happy to c akshu reject abhi and value the respect and trust in a relationship that she got from abhinav....

IMO, makers should not have shown akshu agreeing to marry abhi...even if gorillas have been shown manipulating abhir.....the story could have been taken in a more progressive way of akshu explaining abhir about how thats not possible...and they can b happy the way things r ....

whats the need of abhi akshu reunion? koi bhi to nahi chahta...the total effect could have been different......was it just to add some shaadi ke functions.....

I just happened to watch a random clip on IG where Abhimanyu calls back Akshu (after WD) and Abhinav picks up and tries to talk. The way arrogantly Abhimanyu talked and told he never wants to listen about Akshara or any child. Even he said the same after Abhinav tried to say, agar Akshara aapki bache ki maa hai to bhi. That must have been a few days after WD. 

After getting such arrogant treatment even after a few days of WD, why Akshara should come back to him? why she should not move on?

He himself shouted those words. Which sane lady would come back and say, Abhimanyu, this is your son. I have kept him safe. Now you take me and him back. 

Rather, Abhimanyu would have been shown as worried and concerned about Aksharas' safety if a stranger is picking her phone and he is not able to connect to her. Abhi was supposed to be madly in love with Akshara and he was angry that she put herself in danger, right? ( This is what most of the Abhi FD believes)

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

I just happened to watch a random clip on IG where Abhimanyu calls back Akshu (after WD) and Abhinav picks up and tries to talk. The way arrogantly Abhimanyu talked and told he never wants to listen about Akshara or any child. Even he said the same after Abhinav tried to say, agar Akshara aapki bache ki maa hai to bhi. That must have been a few days after WD. 

After getting such arrogant treatment even after a few days of WD, why Akshara should come back to him? why she should not move on?

He himself shouted those words. Which sane lady would come back and say, Abhimanyu, this is your son. I have kept him safe. Now you take me and him back. 

Rather, Abhimanyu would have been shown as worried and concerned about Aksharas' safety if a stranger is picking her phone and he is not able to connect to her. Abhi was supposed to be madly in love with Akshara and he was angry that she put herself in danger, right? ( This is what most of the Abhi FD believes)

exactly....this has been my big question.....when he was not at all concerned for akshu,......she was mentally physically emotionally at her lowest...in a foreign surroundings...and a stranger takes the call...faster abhi had rejected her calls....and he had no care no concern....and he said those harsh words for akshu and the child....

to bhai love kahe ka hai...trust respect hai nahi...care and concern to dikh hi gaya kitna hai...yeh kaisa love tha??? yeh love kya kahlaata hai???? 

abhi was totally sure akshu will return...as he knew she loves him....is liye itna haughty behave kiya tha usne...but she did not...and that hit his ego...and so he was not shown to realize what he has done for 6-7 years.....kaisa love tha yeh? ki aap ne itna inhumne behave kiya hai and u dont even realise???

y should akshu come back with abhir? abhi ne to bol diya ki he has nothing to do with akshu or the baby....

IMO, if not for the actor, abhi ke character ko support milna is quite difficult...😂kafi low hai abhi ka character...😂

Edited by India_TV - 7 months ago

The whole wd and thereafter is horrible . How akshu was treated by Dr, her soul mate can't be justified in any way . 

But there is only one point that Dr is apologetic while akshara isn't.. beats me how is this considered a Condition for redemption. 

I know akshara is written pathetically but not bec she shouted at Dr or moved on with abhin, but because she moved bk to the same person & his mad mother. Also her pagal khandan which is useless . 

Romanoger thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Sharmas

Tbh I don't think shivangi or pranali are any great actresses, both of them are too loud. They can't stand even with the supporting cast of gen1 subtlety quotient is zero for both these scarlets.

Shivangi an mohsin was unbearable in start, it's was Singhania's who did all the heavy lifting. Gen 3 doesn't have same privilege maybe that's why they are shutting their shop in less than 3 years. 

Additionally, gen2 goenka had done some leftover shame and sophistication(fake ik) while birla's are plain crass. Everything about gen3 screams new money. Be it's female leads cheap fast fashion clothing, her weird way of sweet talking or male leads higher than Mt. Everest gelled hair, his rumbling voice. And above everything this 'tu-tu' of manjari, it's so roadside, she is not even that old to behave like this. There is no head of the family to keep maa-beta under leash, Not a single sane mature voice. Birla's behave without any care for society and are totally shameless.

Abhinav was a great character, even as a orphan he knew how a civilised family person should behave, when to fight, when be quiet, when to walk away. He knew his limit and social position and was excellent judge of character but was too poor according to rishta standards.

ShadowImbue thumbnail

Shivangi for me was okay as an actor when she was introduced as Naira. Later on she improved & was good in few scenes post 2017 like few scenes were portrayed well by her from Mumbai track, brain clot & memory loss track as Naira whereas she was too loud with bad dialect as Sirat. Mohsin & Shivangi's few scenes were truly good in terms of portrayal.

Panali is okey as she didn't get much to perform. She didn't get too many challenging scenes. Her character keeps silent where Akshara must speak. For me Akshara is too passive as a character or lack firmness in tone, she is loud not firm, which is somehow controlled by actor. Harshad is good in emotional scenes mostly but as character Abhimanyu isn't likable atleast for me. 

I personally like portrayal of antagonists more than protagonists in YRKKH, Puru mama was too good as actor in portraying a pedophile. I dislike Manjiri but Ami is too good as actor so is Vijay.

YRKKH is progressive in showing FL "moving on" & having a child but regressive in showing her going back to same toxic relationship that ruined her life.

LadooCandy thumbnail

Naira is faaaaaar better than akshara , the same goes for the corresponding actresses who play the roles. 

Unlike akshara goenka, Naira was never manipulative , vengeful, insensitive. 

Both in terms of beauty and character naira is way superior than akshara goenka. Akshara goenka's class was evident in her cringe behavior during abhir's admission , where she spoke her not so iconic monologue. That incident pretty much summed up all her failures and inability to be a good student from childhood and gain some sense. 

Edited by LadooCandy - 7 months ago
PhoenixRising thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: India_TV

exactly....this has been my big question.....when he was not at all concerned for akshu,......she was mentally physically emotionally at her lowest...in a foreign surroundings...and a stranger takes the call...faster abhi had rejected her calls....and he had no care no concern....and he said those harsh words for akshu and the child....

to bhai love kahe ka hai...trust respect hai nahi...care and concern to dikh hi gaya kitna hai...yeh kaisa love tha??? yeh love kya kahlaata hai???? 

abhi was totally sure akshu will return...as he knew she loves him....is liye itna haughty behave kiya tha usne...but she did not...and that hit his ego...and so he was not shown to realize what he has done for 6-7 years.....kaisa love tha yeh? ki aap ne itna inhumne behave kiya hai and u dont even realise???

y should akshu come back with abhir? abhi ne to bol diya ki he has nothing to do with akshu or the baby....

IMO, if not for the actor, abhi ke character ko support milna is quite difficult...😂kafi low hai abhi ka character...😂

@bold - agree but @red - how was Abhimanyu to know that she’s at a stranger’s place? as per the info he had (from her very own BP) - she was staying with her childhood friend! And when she’s very much in contact with her own family (although we as viewers know, she hadn’t disclosed she was pregnant or living with an unknown person she met on a random bus) - why would he feel that she wouldn’t tell BP or Kairav if she’s in trouble or under financial stress?

The narrative that many push which says Akshara was in a toxic relationship is completely wrong and untrue! Manjiri, Neil and Abhimanyu - all loved her and cared for her happiness. What had Abhimanyu got in terms of emotional support and understanding from Akshara? Absolutely nothing! 100 times he fought the world and his own family for her but once he called out her stupidity- that’s been made such a big deal. 

Akshara had the beshtesht human as her husband n away from so called toxicity and yet didnt even think about moving on for 7 whole years! But if Abhimanyu who remained unmarried n didn’t move on from WD(he too was at his emotional n mental lowest - whether or not people agree) for that time period - wo sabko khatakta hai! Because men and women don’t have equal rights to be emotionally vulnerable!? Men just should be bashed for their mistakes while women’s flaws should be understood as a consequence of their vulnerability!! Abhimanyu’s done a lot more for others than the Navra couple could in 10 lifetimes and is undoubtedly the best character of the entire season. Period! 

Edited by PhoenixRising - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: PhoenixRising

@bold - agree but @red - how was Abhimanyu to know that she’s at a stranger’s place? as per the info he had (from her very own BP) - she was staying with her childhood friend! And when she’s very much in contact with her own family (although we as viewers know, she hadn’t disclosed she was pregnant or living with an unknown person she met on a random bus) - why would he feel that she wouldn’t tell BP or Kairav if she’s in trouble or under financial stress?

The narrative that many push which says Akshara was in a toxic relationship is completely wrong and untrue! Manjiri, Neil and Abhimanyu - all loved her and cared for her happiness. What had Abhimanyu got in terms of emotional support and understanding from Akshara? Absolutely nothing! 100 times he fought the world and his own family for her but once he called out her stupidity- that’s been made such a big deal. 

Akshara had the beshtesht human as her husband n away from so called toxicity and yet didnt even think about moving on for 7 whole years! But if Abhimanyu who remained unmarried n didn’t move on from WD(he too was at his emotional n mental lowest - whether or not people agree) for that time period - wo sabko khatakta hai! Because men and women don’t have equal rights to be emotionally vulnerable!? Men just should be bashed for their mistakes while women’s flaws should be understood as a consequence of their vulnerability!! Abhimanyu’s done a lot more for others than the Navra couple could in 10 lifetimes and is undoubtedly the best character of the entire season. Period! 

did he know that akshu has being trying to reach him?  If he knew it was a stranger that he is talking to, y did he talk? he could have talked to akshu...at least once? did he try to when he could not??  Or was it that he was so desperate to convey to akshu that he is the one who has thrown her out of his life..but she is still clingy and has been calling him...he has nothing to do with her and the baby????now that u r gone, dont come back into my life again.....

if a person is trying to reach out to u...calling u...and u have been deliberately/circumstantially not able to take the calls.....u have behaved extremely inhumane...threw her out of ur house....the person is not with her family....still u r okay to talk to the stranger, convey that u have nothing to do with her and the baby.... and leave it at that....is this love? for me it is defo no!!!! its not even basic humanity......

agree he was in emotional and mental pain...may b at his lowest...but defo not physically...

BUT.it was he who threw akshu out after divorcing her, not akshu....makes a lot of difference...

it was she who had to be out of the house...not him...again makes a lot of difference...

also the narrative:

akshu went out as she was suffereing in pain....she did not go for the concert/ shopping/ gogappas etc etc...makers could have shown that akshu went for anything else....

akshu knew that abir is still there....she was shown to make the first call to abhi....and she tried again....she was not shown as angry and revengeful at all...makes could have easily shown that....

abhi was not shown as sad/depressed...instaed he was shown as celebrating with his and her family...whle akshu was shown as facing problems...makes could have easily shown abhi as sad and depressed while the news comes in that she has married.....

so, the narrative was abhi has been extremely wrong in the whole state of affairs.....and he had no regerts even after 6-7 years....thats where his character goes low....

he comes in as an extremely egoistic and a person with huge anger problems..his love for akshu alll seems to be fake.....

Nihariikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Bold: This is what is most illogical thing with the viewers. Abhimanyu was angry and that's why he can divorce and kick her out, be angry with her 6 years even. But if Akshara goes away and finds solace in someone else, that's very wrong. 

That means Abhimanyu (and whole FD of Abhi) expects Akshara to behave as per his/their expectation of going back to her family and eventually get back to him. You have disowned her, now she is totally free to do what she wants to do. To go back to family, stay single or find another man is her choice, right? 

Akshara moving back with her toxic ex is the worst thing that can be shown

The amount of hate Akshara and Pranali gets is too heart breaking.

If Akshara moves back with her toxic ex it will be a very wrong message to the society and audience.Abhimanyu was very rude to Akshara on that day he asked her to leave when Neil died she had to leave alone when she needed someone most.One more point is Akshara got pregnant with Abhinav's child it's fine too they were a proper couple but why she gets so much hate when other characters did more wrong.

Edited by NiHa24 - 7 months ago
Kabhi18 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I actually agree with pretty much all your points lol, except maybe about Naira. Not sure if I would say Akshu is better than her. I also can't comment on the first season of YRKKH, never really watched it as a kid because I'm not really into arranged marriage storylines lol, also Akshara's crying annoyed the crap out of me even back than. 😂

With that being said #4 is something that always crosses my mind whenever I visit this forum. It's insane how much justification has been given to the male leads, but I genuinely feel in some ways Karthik was so much worse. Rewatching the second season I couldn't even finish it because of how angry his character made me. And it's funny because the whole idea of a toxic enmeshed dependant relationship with the mother has been seen with both Abhimanyu and Karthik (the latter with the one track). 

Manjiri is hands down the most disgusting character and I can't fathom how people justify her behaviour as some so-called "love" for her son! Forget online, these are the same justifications given IRL to women suffering at the hands of their in-laws. These things are all the product of a patriarchal society. I said what I said. 

Edited by Kabhi18 - 7 months ago