Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Posted: 11 months ago

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

I haven't started yet so if you want I can do right after you. 

Cool! I’ll do segment # 15 then and you’re doing #16? Unless there was someone else in queue after you. In that case I don’t wanna butt in. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Cool! I’ll do segment # 15 then and you’re doing #16? Unless there was someone else in queue after you. In that case I don’t wanna butt in. 

Shibu said she'd do next but I guess she may also not mind waiting a turn.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I can do 15, i actually have something in mind, you can do 16?

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

I can do 15, i actually have something in mind, you can do 16?

My idea will work only for this exact scenario- the way T left it poised right now. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

My idea will work only for this exact scenario- the way T left it poised right now. 

You can write then, you didn't write much for this one

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

You can write then, you didn't write much for this one

Shiri, could you please update 

I'm doing Segment #16

Neha is doing # 17

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

T, your segment is perfectly poised for something I had in mind. Beautifully written.

Neha & Shibz were kind enough to let me do this one.

Promise I won't butt in again. 😳

You gals are doing a fab job with this fic! ⭐️

The setting, the dance, the DJ, the exchange of partners, Chahat's realization 

Will try and post Segment #15 soon.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Me n Shibu are around, it's good to read others too 😆  I really don't mind. :)

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Narrative Ninjas

Segment # 15

Chahat rushed out the door of the huge auditorium and into the long corridor leading out to the main exit. She looked this way & that, her mind reeling with mixed emotions. Shock, hurt, confusion, and most of all ...betrayal. 

Aryan was her best friend. She had shared all her deepest, most intimate secrets with him. She had been hurt when he hadn't come out to her, but had understood this wasn't about her, & had immediately jumped to support him through the backlash. But now? After she had bared her heart to him about Saheel, he had omitted to tell her that he too had a crush on him! He hadn't trusted her with his heart when she had opened up hers to him! 

She hadn't missed the way Saheel had been looking at Aryan either. A heaviness settled in the region of her heart and travelled through her slim body. She let out a small shiver and then felt the prickling of tears threatening to erupt and flow. She fiercely brushed them away, allowing anger to overtake her heartbreak, and pulled out her phone.

"Bhai? Will you come and get me?" 

She tried to steel her voice, but it must have broken because her astute brother caught on at once.

"Kiddo? Where are you? Are you okay?"

She nodded and then said aloud, this time not bothering to hide her emotions. "Please come and get me."

"Just stay put. Don't move. I'll be there in 20."

Chahat wrapped her arms around herself tight as she stepped into the cool night, shuddering as she felt the breeze brush against her. She walked away towards the parking lot, deciding to wait for Prateek there. She had no desire to meet or speak to anyone, least of all Aryan.

~~~ **** ~~~ 

"I'm sorry, I have to go." 

Aryan had not missed the stricken look on Chahat's face as she had rushed out. He had to find her. Explain. Make it okay with his best friend.

"Wait, Aryan," Saheel said urgently but Aryan was already making his way out of the auditorium. He was striding along the corridor towards the exit when Saheel caught up with him, panting.

"What's wrong? Did I do something? Are you upset at me?"

Aryan stopped and met his eyes, shaking his head slowly. 

"This isn't about you. I mean, it is, but it isn't really. I have to find Chahat."

He paced up as Saheel tried to keep up.

"I can tell something's wrong. Tell me. Maybe I can help."

They were outside now, and Aryan was scanning all directions for any sign of Chahat. He saw none. He swore under his breath and rushed towards the empty grounds trying to get a better look. Then he whipped out his phone and called her number. No response. The courtyard was dark and deserted. 

"Aryan. Please. Talk to me."

Aryan sighed and ran a heavy hand across his head, mussing up his wavy dark hair.

"It's Chahat. I should have told her. It's my fault."

Saheel stepped closer, his brow lifted in inquiry as Aryan looked into the other boy's deep brown eyes.

"She told me she liked you, but I didn't say it to her."

"Say what to her, Aryan?" 

Saheel's voice had dropped into a whisper. He was really close now, only a thin sliver of space separating them. Aryan felt a sudden tingle starting at his toes and travelling up his tall frame.

"That ..that..I..like you," he blurted out in confusion, then silently berated himself for being such an awkward fool.

He would totally not blame Saheel for thinking he was an idiot. An idiot in love.

Instead, he saw a slow smile stretch across Saheel's handsome face.

"You like me?" The smile was now a wide grin. A shit-eating grin.

Aryan was silent, his eyes darting everywhere around Saheel but not daring to look at him.

Saheel only hesitated for a beat, and then he was in Aryan's personal space, his hand framing his jaw, his lips hovering over his, their breaths mingling as they both breathed hard at the contact. And then their lips met.

~~~ *** ~~~~

"Dude, go after her," said Zaheed, adjusting a couple of buttons on his mixer & moving away to look at the earnest boy standing before him. 

"You asked me to play all those songs for her, and now she's clearly upset. Go check on her, dude! This is your chance to tell her how you feel!"

Then he turned helplessly to the younger boy beside him, gesticulating frantically. The younger boy let out a derisive snort.

"Nick can hear. He only cannot speak." 

Zaheed cringed at his own thoughtlessness & mentally checked himself from ever making the same mistake again. Nick was a student in college but his younger brother, Joe tagged along whenever he could to help Nick when he needed it. The two of them had become somewhat of a permanent fixture. An odd, unlikely pairing. But then who was he to term them odd? For Nicholas D'Silva the rest of them were probably odd, jabbering away, talking over one another, creating a ceaseless, incessant, cacophonous din without ever pausing to listen. All Nick did was listen. And when he spoke with his hands, he was as eloquent as any of them could be with words.

The tall, dark-haired, dark-eyed boy shook his head at Zaheed in response. Then turned to his brother, lifting up his hands and moving his fingers rapidly back & forth. 

Zaheed was bewildered but the younger boy seemed to understand perfectly, then turned to Zaheed to translate.  

"Nick says there's no point in him going after Chahat. What would he say to her to comfort her? She wouldn't understand."  

Although Joe was much younger at 16 years old, he stood steadfast like a rock beside his older brother. And he was just as fiercely protective. If anyone came after Nick, they would have to contend with Joe.

A sudden twinge of sadness crept into the younger boy's face, which was replaced by quick anger and he gestured rapidly to Nick.

No. You should. Go after her. Talk to her. I'll help.

Joe, you don't get it. I saw Aryan and Saheel go after her. They'll find her. I just want her to be okay, and I think she will be.

Joe shook his head stubbornly.

You are an ass. If only you would take a chance!

I'm scared, Joe. I don't want her pushing me away outright. But but...

A sudden gleam entered Nick's eyes. He turned to Zaheed looking at him pointedly.

But he could. He could be my proxy. 

---------

If it wasn't clear, Nick was the one making Zaheed, the DJ play the songs for Chahat. Nick is inspired by Archer, from Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan.

Thanks for letting me do this one! ❤️

Edited by LizzieBennet - 11 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Awww, that is cute❤️

So Joe and Nick are siblings and zaheed is thier friend?🤔

Also, finally the idiots kissed

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 11 months ago