Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The list of fan fiction tags has 594 pages and can only be navigated using the Previous and Next buttons (or the URL page number), as there are no page number buttons.

I guess the purpose of having this list, sorted by popularity, is to help authors find tags that will connect our books to a large number of related books.

Could you please create the option to sort the list alphabetically?

Could you please make the list searchable with a string?

These two features would allow readers and authors to discover that the tags we want already exist with slightly different spelling. For example, #writethebite and writethebite and similar tags with/without hashtag symbol are redundant. Readers who are looking for books on separation could discover the three books that use the misspelled tag seperation.

On pages 169 to 477 are the tags that only one book is using. Since each page has four tags, about 28% of tags are connecting books and 52% of tags are marking books as unique.

On pages 477 to 594 are the 20% of tags that it seems no books are using. Do FFEditors know why these tags exist?

One of my fan fiction chapters (https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/chapter/21782) is missing a comment by Animagus_Shiri (whose username was Serpensortia at the time) and several responses by her and by me.

Could you please restore the comment and responses? I would like my readers to have the benefit of what I wrote about Bharatanatyam choreography and quoted from Bharata Muni, contrasting Nāṭyaśāstra and Abhinayadarpaṇa.

I think I would have noticed if the comment and responses had disappeared when Viswasruti migrated comments at my request. Did the comment and responses get deleted accidentally or deliberately?

When one person deletes a comment, that action shouldn't automatically delete all of the responses to that comment. The right to delete each response should rest with the person who wrote it.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Helping Hands

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

One of my fan fiction chapters (https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/chapter/21782) is missing a comment by Animagus_Shiri (whose username was Serpensortia at the time) and several responses by her and by me.

Could you please restore the comment and responses? I would like my readers to have the benefit of what I wrote about Bharatanatyam choreography and quoted from Bharata Muni, contrasting Nāṭyaśāstra and Abhinayadarpaṇa.

I think I would have noticed if the comment and responses had disappeared when Viswasruti migrated comments at my request. Did the comment and responses get deleted accidentally or deliberately?

When one person deletes a comment, that action shouldn't automatically delete all of the responses to that comment. The right to delete each response should rest with the person who wrote it.

@BrhannadaArmour 

...is missing a comment by Animagus_Shiri (whose username was Serpensortia at the time) and several responses by her and by me.

Please check one more time. I can see all the comments there intact. No comment/ reply was deleted by anyone, because, no one asks us to delete those comments.

If you press on-- See more, all the comments are there ---

No description available.

No description available.

_____

I think I would have noticed if the comment and responses had disappeared when Viswasruti migrated comments at my request. Did the comment and responses get deleted accidentally or deliberately?  (Your words)

I verified at that time, all the comments were successfully shifted . Otherwise, you would've pointed it in the comments' migration thread at that time.

You expressed your satisfaction for shifting all the comments there. 

Check here--- 

Ref: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5161581?pn=45

----  

Could you please restore the comment and responses? I would like my readers to have the benefit of what I wrote about Bharatanatyam choreography and quoted from Bharata Muni, contrasting Nāṭyaśāstra and Abhinayadarpaṇa

As an FFE to FF section, it is not possible for me to restore the deleted comments. If, either the author or the reader requests us to delete their specific comment, then only we, i.e, the FFE team will act on it.  Otherwise, we never remove any comment without receiving a request. We follow that rule ritualistically. 

--- 

No, if one person deletes a comment, that will never delete all the associated responses to that comment. 

Yes, normally it is like that in the IF and it is the same in FF section. The right to delete each response is with the person who wrote it, except in a few specific occasions, such as any derogatory comment which hurts the author's or reader's sentiment, then we respect the author's/ reader's request to delete the derogatory comment by any commentator. 

Anyway, as I mentioned, all your comments are intact, and visible there.

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I have said this to you before, stop tagging me in global threads. Even if the comments are deleted, what do I have to do with it? 

ElviraSupcot thumbnail

This could create controversy, but star rating for stories?

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

For fanfictions section, maybe special characters and emojis should be disallowed in the title completely.We anyways edit out special characters in title, so maybe the field can disallow them from the get go.

Also, can we get a "next" "previous" and "last" buttons that is only visible to FFEs in the main page of every story with the buttons taking to next story, previous story and last story (based on the no in the url) respectively. That way deleting spam stories can be a little bit faster and we won't delete legitimate stories by mistake.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

For fanfictions section, maybe special characters and emojis should be disallowed in the title completely.We anyways edit out special characters in title, so maybe the field can disallow them from the get go.

Also, can we get a "next" "previous" and "last" buttons that is only visible to FFEs in the main page of every story with the buttons taking to next story, previous story and last story (based on the no in the url) respectively. That way deleting spam stories can be a little bit faster and we won't delete legitimate stories by mistake.

I use diacritical marks in the Saṃskṛta and Tamiḻ titles of my books. Instead of disallowing that, diacritical marks should be allowed in the titles of Private Forums.

If "we won't delete legitimate stories by mistake" means that FFEditors deleting fan fiction books by mistake is a significant problem at present, a faster process might lead to more mistakes. I hope they see more than the numerical identifier of what they're deleting.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/2448

A year ago, FFEditors removed one of my books, and every time I complied with their objections, they told me a more unintelligible reason why it had to stay invisible.

First, they objected to me inviting readers to discuss the stories.

After I removed the "discuss" words, they said, I can only publish my fan fiction without supporting it with translations of the text on which it is based. They also objected to my following their rule requiring trigger warnings, but later allowed me to follow that rule.

When I asked Viswasruti if her open support for someone else's book of unauthorized translations without original content meant that I could republish my book, she said that my book was "strongly offensive" and someone "complained about it."

Although I offered to edit the book, Viswasruti refused to say what part was offensive or what the complaint was. She implied that FFEditors' decisions in the Fan Fiction section were influenced by someone clicking Report to disagree with my views in the Mythological Masti forum. Of course, I don't know what someone writes in a Report to the DT, but anyway, each book should be judged by its contents, not what the author may have written elsewhere on the site.

If anything that I wrote is incompatible with Fan Fiction section rules, I don't want to lose the whole book. I want to bring the book into compliance. Please create guidelines for FFEditors to help sincere authors to do that.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Posted: a year ago

Originally posted by: pareshif

As mentioned by few members, this is the updated badge for "Colors that Fly High participant"

unnamed (9).png

Thank you so much, the badge looks awesome 😊

Posted: 11 months ago

Featured Stories are only visible in the default view of Recently Updated.

Featured Stories should be visible even when the Fan Fictions are displayed by Latest or Most Viewed or Most Popular, right?