Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

IF has always been special to me, both as a member and DT. Since joining in 2009, i have had the good fortune of meeting some of the most creative, funny, and endearing people. 

It has been fun discussing shows/actors, debating burning issues, and handling forums. 

Thanks for creating such a wonderful space for us.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Thanks for the new thread☺️

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Happy to see that we have no new Site Issues getting reported and things appearing quite stable or did I miss something in the previous thread.

Here's a list of issues that I reported in thread #6, which have not been fixed/addressed yet (as far as I can tell).

1. "Related Topics" shows topics that I'm not allowed to enter, such as prep threads. (Whoever doesn't like me posting open invitations to join a member-created forum because it's "private" should feel more bothered by this display of who replied in an actual private discussion.)
  2. Having a FAIL button in the Fan Fiction section is inconsistent with its new Readers' Guidelines #1: "Please don't say something that may hurt the feeling of the author and in the process, he/she loses interest in pursuing his/her hobby."
  3. When forum topic Reactions get migrated into Fan Fiction section Likes, they shouldn't all turn into AWESOME! Corresponding migration would make more sense: Like = NICE, Love = LOVED, Wow = AWESOME!, Haha = LOL, Shock = OMG, Sad = CRY, Angry = ANGRY (instead of FAIL).
  4. Notifications that someone Liked a chapter should tell us what type of Like it was.
  5. Members who have Blocked me are able to send me insulting notifications by clicking FAIL on my fan fiction chapters. Someone even sent me three such notifications on the same chapter, 12 hours apart.
  6. A fan fiction's title page "Follow" button (which changes to "Unfollow" rather than "Update Library") should give radio button options: "Send me notifications for this author" and "Send me notifications for this author for these Entity tags only" and "Send me notifications for this book only." With these options determining which books by the author appear in the reader's Library, the Add to My Library button can be eliminated.
  7. Whenever chapter/book migration makes a Follower out of someone who reacted on a forum topic, that member could be notified: "FFEditors added you as a Follower of this book" and offered these options: "Follow the author of this book" and "Follow the author of this book for these Entity tags only" and "Unfollow this book only."
  8. On my profile's Following tab, the Following button is appearing to the right of each member's box. Each Following button is hidden by the box on its right, and the right-side Following button is outside the page, in white space. Please fix this.
  9. On my Friend Requests Pending List page, one of the member names that is 13 characters long may be too long for the first line, so it appears below "IF-Sizzlerz" and superimposed on "7 months ago" - a bug that you may wish to fix.
  10. Is there any way to communicate by PM with the individual author of an article by Team India Forums? Emailing info-at-indiaforums.com doesn't work by PM, and it could go to any of six people.
  11. Could redundant "replied in your topic" and "quoted your post" notifications for the same post be merged into one "quoted your post in your topic" notification?
  12. The "Visited: Date" that you can see by mouse-over on a member's name is more revealing than Visit Streak. Could Visit Streak and Visited: Date both be kept under control of the Privacy Setting of not showing one's Online Status?
  13. Members Lounge should have a sticky topic with whatever its rules are.
  14. Please keep the green Reply button always active on all Help topics, so that neglected old questions can finally be answered and out-of-date answers (e.g. link to old thread number) can be updated.
  15. Please explain the procedure to report a private forum abandoned by its Creator and Manager, request to take over, and request merging of private forums.
  16. To prompt Creators/Managers to restart conversations in private forums, please have the system send them an alert that "Topic X has become Locked due to inactivity. Posting in the topic will Unlock it for the next # months."
  17. I tried to post on my Wall, and got this error message: "Comment quality score is too low. Identified as Spam. Please improve!!!" Please explain: what is a "comment quality score" and what makes it too low? Should I use triple exclamation marks to achieve high quality?

Thanks for your attention to all of the other issues that I raised in the previous thread.

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
captainplus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

IF not loading without VPN from Bangladesh 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Can something be done about the spammers? It's been crazy city in some forums😩

Naya_31 thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Can something be done about the spammers? It's been crazy city in some forums😩

yes i see these weird threads like really random crazy sales stuff. Real weirdos! 

"Abusive words found : r u p a y e" (without spaces) is the reason Save Draft didn't work for me just now.

रुपये is the Marathi word for rupees. In what language is it an abusive word?

Anjureads thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

"Abusive words found : r u p a y e" (without spaces) is the reason Save Draft didn't work for me just now.

I too couldnt quote a post which had the english word for udhaar... 

I guess its a step to stop the spammers.... 

Perhaps there should be an 'and' clause added Where the person posting it is a Newbie? Then take the necessary action? 

When I joined India Forums to share a fan fiction, I was prevented from making that first post because it was flagged as spam without any explanation.

I managed to post the first few paragraphs, and editing the post to add a few paragraphs at a time, I quickly discovered that "their stolen investments" must be the problem. I changed it to "their stolen money" and that did the trick.

I don't know if the forbidden word is allowed in this post because I'm not a Newbie anymore.

As far as I know, the system treats "spam" and "abusive words" differently. Spam is rejected with no explanation, the goal being to deter spammers (and occasional innocents like me). Abusive words are quoted to prompt scrappers to find more creative insults.

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Well recently there was a spam bot attack and this was one of the common keywords that were being used. To keep a check we had to introduce this. We will eventually be removing the same from the block list.