Does Aloo have competition for best actress? - Page 2

Poll

Does Aloo's performance in Gangubai this year have competition yet?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

On same line of thought, what does the hive mind think Dharma Talent will do with Tripti now?😆

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

KJo has already stated Alia Bhatt is the best actor in all India, male or female, ever.

Ideally, Tripti would win for Qala in critics' choice. I saw that movie. Didn't enjoy the film as much, but Tripti's performance was out of this world. Anything Alia has done so far can't come close to Tripti. No ifs, ands, or buts. 

Darlings? ðŸ˜† Gimme a break. There is zero comparison between the 2. 

Never thought I'd say this, but I think Tripti is/can be better than Tabu.

Popular... meh... I think Alia for Gangubai is OK. Tabu is a superior actress, but BB2 didn't become a success because of her.

Yup this was completely a character on screen. From mannerisms, voice modulation, delivery, eyes, and expressions she presented a completely different person onscreen than what we saw her do in Laila Majnu or Bulbul. 

Dharma talent might ban her now. With a different level exceptional talent around like Tripti. What are no-talents like Ananya and Jhanvi going to do in the industry? Get more surgeries and become flower pots? 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Interesting discussions.  

Ultimately it won’t matter because it is highly unlikely that Filmfare will not give Alia an award. Between Dharma and her own marketing team, which seems meshed with Dharma’s marketing, there’s definitely a monopoly and hold over Filmfare. The fact that Jitesh Pillai is buddy buddy with KJo is only making her journey of this monopoly much easier.  

Tripti is part of Dharma. She’s being managed by DCA. If she keeps garnering such great critical praises she’ll get more author backed roles and KJo might even campaign for her to get a few awards here and there.  So far she has no box office record to speak of and is not a known face or name so I’m sure Alia is not worried. The worry will start if one of her future movies clicks with audiences and she becomes famous. Then KJo might have to make some tough decisions.  

I haven’t seen either BB2 or Drishaym2. Is Tabu’s character a lead her or supporting in these movies? If it’s the latter then Alia’s team has less to worry about.  

Alia deserves to win popular actress award & Tabu deserves to win critics award ( IMO)

There are many contenders this year unlike 2021 

Kareena for LSC, Deepika for Gehraiyaan, Kiara for JJJ( not a strong contender but I guess she'll be atleast nominated)

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

On same line of thought, what does the hive mind think Dharma Talent will do with Tripti now?😆

I believe in positive thinking. I think Karan will realize Bollywood can use talent right now. And after Aloo no nepo kids has it. The fact that he put Tripti and Vicky Kaushal in a movie together shows he is trying to promote talent. Just don't know what a mediocre actor like Ammy Virk was doing in the same film. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Its high time Tabu gets her due. It took Sridevi’s death for her work to be recognized with an award. We take senior actresses for granted and it’s time they are rewarded. Alia has decades ahead of her to win again. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I have not seen Drishyam 2 BUT generally speaking

Tabu > Tripti > Alia

Tabu never got due recognition in her heyday. I am glad that she is being appreciated now. 

Tripti is phenomenal but has chosen niche films that don't have much massy appeal. Tabu edges Tripti because of the range she has played over the years. I mean Tabu has even done trash shit like Saajan Chale Sasural with panache - she has done the full range - comedy, romance, flowerpot, thriller, drama, villainous and more. 

Alia, too is an incredible performer and deserves every ounce of success. But she also has the smarts to pick the right roles that give her both critical and commercial acclaim. In that sense helps to have a Godfather like KJo who knows the game to guide you. 

Edited by return_to_hades - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Its high time Tabu gets her due. It took Sridevi’s death for her work to be recognized with an award. We take senior actresses for granted and it’s time they are rewarded. Alia has decades ahead of her to win again. 

Sridevi won several when she was alive 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I know she even had a national award! My issue is Tabu never won best actress popular. And she deserves at least one. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Not as a senior actress. I am talking about when she was older. After 2015