Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Posted: 1 years ago

3 mistakes why we lost. 

1. Playing avesh instead of chahar. Chahar doesn't just take powerplay wickets, he is a fantastic no 8 batter. Imagine him instead of avesh in 39th over. 
  2. Absolutely 3rd class fielding. Padosis known for it not us. 🤬
  3. Top order garbage batting. Then sanju not having any game sense. should not have taken double in 19th over. 🤪

Main villain : 

Vangipurapu Venkata Sai Laxman. for playing Avesh instead of chahar. Cant fault avesh. jo capability hoga wahi karega na. 🤪

Edited by BeingBlunt - 1 years ago
SoniRita thumbnail

Keshav Maharaj: I was trying to stick to my line and lengths to make it difficult for the batters in terms of not being able to get away, but I still think Shammo (Shamsi) bowled exceptionally well to hold his nerve in the end and take us over the line. It spun excessively. After good batting wickets in the T20s, it was nice to play on a spinning track. I thought Heinrich (Klaasen) came in and absorbed (the pressure) really well and David (Miller) was hitting the ball stupendously and just exploded in the back end and I think that was the difference between us and the Indian side, getting that partnership towards the end. We are just making sure that we are doing the right things and hopefully put in more performances going forward building towards the World Cup. We (About chatting to Shamsi from mid-wicket) got our own plans and things, obviously trying to give good energy towards Shammo and just a few thoughts and processes that sometimes do contradict, and sometimes do work in our favour. He (Bavuma) has done a splendid job (as a skipper) and I was just trying to pass on some information, just need some reassurance sometimes and get the backing from everyone towards certain things.

SoniRita thumbnail

Shikhar Dhawan | Losing captain - Quite proud of the way the boys played the game, we didn't get a good start, the way Shreyas, Samson and Shardul batted was excellent. We gave away too many runs on a wicket that swung and spun, the fielding wasn't great, but this was a good learning experience for us.

SoniRita thumbnail

Temba Bavuma | Winning captain - A good fight at the end, obviously Sanju pushed us at the end, but the boys stood firm and took us to the win. There wasn't much grass on the surface, we lost a couple of wickets in the middle overs, myself and Aiden (Markram), but the boys knuckled down. Miller and Klaasen played positively, stung together a partnership and took us to a good score. Bowling upfront was good, in the first 15 overs by KG and Parnell. I thought we lost our way in the middle overs, gave away far too many runs, but at the end, the result did go our way and I'm happy with that.

SoniRita thumbnail

Heinrich Klaasen | Player of the Match - Not at all (when asked if the conditions were easy to bat), the ball was moving a lot and was spinning just before I walked out to the middle. But we have worked hard in the nets, I do have a good record against India and looking forward to the rest of the games.

SoniRita thumbnail

South Africa went into the series as overhelming favourites, but they wouldn't have bargained for such a close contest, especially after having looked very comfortable for most parts of India's chase. But they're 1-0 up, they've got 10 points in the #CWCSL table and will look for more in the next game in Ranchi on Sunday

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

I'm not entirely sure what Samson was thinking in the 19th over.

I get that the idea was to get it to 20-25 off the last over and probably have Samson against Shamsi, but once Thakur and Kuldeep fell in successive balls, it had to be Samson's responsibility to get runs against Rabada.

Asking Avesh and Bishnoi to manage 10-12 runs or more against Rabada was a poor strategy IMO. 

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Originally posted by: dusk2dawn

Woh SA ke liye fireworks hai.. 😆

apne liye toh banta dhar hai. 🤣

expected result. Tho at end I was wondering if the tailenders show t20 ka josh and get us a win. To make selectors go - o darn. Wc team was a mistake 😂. 

Somehow my feeling was we won’t win this. From little bit I did see of us fielding and even early batting. Didn’t look a wanting to win approach. 

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoniRSippu21

Our team is inexperience, wherease their team is one of best so

I wouldn’t say inexperienced for us. Based on our selection committee it feels like a B team - yes but surely almost all of not all have played or chance to be part of main India team. India ka post IPL talent pool can prolly let us field 3 teams if we wanted. Let alone 2.