Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: pareshif

also, the ffg shop link needs to be updated DONE

I just checked; the link from the Edit page's blue Request for Book Cover button still goes to thread #19, and oye_nakhrewaali wanted a link to thread #24:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5295196

Since oye_nakhrewaali is the FFEditor who enforces rules in the Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop threads, and she requested pareshif to update the link, perhaps she could make this request a habit: every time a new Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop thread is started, send the link to pareshif and ask him to update the Request for Book Cover button.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Thanks for adding these features, pareshif! I just tried them and I like how they work.

However, the Edit page now has two "Update" buttons. The dark grey oval in the top right corner will Retweet the book to the first page of the Fan Fiction section, and the green rounded rectangle near the bottom left corner will not Retweet.

How would the FFEditors like to resolve this?

1. Remove the green button, so that every Update is a Retweet?

2. Move the green button next to the dark grey button and give authors the choice between Update and Update-Retweet?

That’s not the job of FFEs. It’s more of technical team to resolve. 

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: tournesol

I agree, although I do not know how the FFEs manage to migrate comments with so much patience.

I was thinking, often readers comment on a story thread after its comments have been migrated to the FF section. The FF section comment section also grows on its own.

Is it possible to bring comments on the thread in sync with those in the FF section? So that the comments can be periodically updated and no comment is lost or repeated. Like how files stored on a computer can be stored in sync with those on the cloud (I am just comparing the two processes, I have no idea about the technicalities involved).

Similarly for views and likes?

Well idea behind creating the Fan Fiction section is to have FF / Stories in a well organised manner.
I understand the issue with regards to Comments as a lot can be improved there. We are working on that.

IMHO going back and syncing the comments to the Forum threads will be like undoing the whole effort in some way. 

Open to suggestions though.

Shri_12 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

How do we migrate comments to ff section?

BlurredLines thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shri_12

Here you go 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5161581

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shri_12

You can only migrate comments to ff section if you story was first posted in some forum. If yes, you can put up a request in the link that blurredlines provided and one of the ffes will migrate the comments from the thread to the book. 

Viswasruti asked me to make this request clearly here.

Problem: During comment migration, hyperlinked words within posts are totally deleted when they become comments.

Request: Could the visible text for a hyperlink be kept even when the URL is deleted during comment migration?

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Viswasruti asked me to make this request clearly here.

Problem: During comment migration, hyperlinked words within posts are totally deleted when they become comments.

Request: Could the visible text for a hyperlink be kept even when the URL is deleted during comment migration?

Will look into it.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Helping Hands

@Vijay, Sometimes, while migrating comments from forum threads to FF site, the comments do not appear under the preferred chapters,  instead, they are either placed under one chapter or haphazardly. 

This issue has existed for a long time, please rectify this. Here check this--

All the 85 comments were posted under Prologue  in this FF --- 

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/1714  

Thank you for addressing every point, and I am sorry about my confusion. You are right; there is a See More button that I can click to read all of the comments and responses.