Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Some of the parallels are heart- meltingly beautiful! 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

ARGGHHH! I wrote a long ass review for episode 1 and it all got deleted because I didn't save a draft! πŸ˜­

I can't type the whole thing again but I'll try and just do highlights. 

These reviews are all NOT SPOILER FREE.

I will be reviewing each episode of S2 as I'm rewatching.

Also, fair warning, these will be highly Kanthony- centric and I won't comment much on other storylines especially the Featherington, because that was just mind-numbing to me. 

So if you wanna avoid these, go ahead. I won't judge you. πŸ˜†

This is just a shameless bit of self-indulgence to feed my Kanthony brain rot!

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

S2 E1: Capital R Rake 

I'm just redoing the Kanthony bits here since my longer review got deleted thanks to my own stupidity! πŸ˜­

- Okay, Anthony enabling his siblings. This is evident from the get-go. Obviously he's financing Colin's romp around the world. And El's dancing lessons and her debut. And everything else. Although the wealth belongs to the family, Anthony is managing it all! And has done thus far which is why they can afford the lavish lifestyle they lead! I wish someone would acknowledge that!

- That chaotic montage with "Stay Away" is just so apt to depict the chaos in A's head. You can feel him spiralling. And those little nods to S1- Hastings did it, how hard can it be? And the spoon licking! I see what you did there, Bridgerton writers!

- I love how El looked at her debut and all the crazy chaotic sibling energy. This is why I love this family.

- I love the glow-up Jonny got as Anthony this season. He looks handsome and distinguished - every inch the gentleman and the rake. Although I did love the messy bad hair in S1 too (RJP or not, I still noticed you then, JB! ), this season really got the leading man look right.

- The first meeting. AHH! This is perfectly done - the energy between these two, the banter, the attraction. You can see why they're magnets. They are also mirrors. I found it interesting how the word 'lost' is thrown around liberally in this scene. Kate is lost because she can't find the way to Mayfair. And Anthony is lost in quite a different way - coming off his failed interviews with all those young women. The way he looks before he sees her horse galloping across says it all - his posture, the way he's trotting around aimlessly, his eyes downcast - it speaks of his mental state: despondent, jaded, frustrated, lost and lonely AF. Then she comes along and his entire demeanor changes.

The mirroring in the dialogue reflects this as well. 

Meeting strange men in parks at dawn who fail to leave me alone with their questions.

Losing races to strange women in parks at dawn, I can only imagine the questions I'd be asked.

Also, when she says let's pretend this encounter never took place. This plays out later in the season too, only he's saying it when he tells her he'll break off with Edwina. It will be as if we'd never met. Not so easy, is it?

Anyways, I loved this instant attraction between the two with so much foreshadowing thrown in - the two geese that obviously 'found' each other. 

And both of them smiling and laughing openly, especially Anthony! MY HEART! We see further into the season how closed up these two can be and how they bottle up their real emotions around other people. They only truly open themselves up before each other and that is so f**king beautiful!

Another thing I want to mention is how Kate is attracted to him without ever knowing who he was. He could have been a penniless poet for all she knew. Whereas Edwina took interest in him only after knowing him as the Viscount. It speaks volumes about who they both are and what their outlook is.

Kate is a true romantic: He will speak in a manner only your heart can hear.

Whereas Edwina is more practical, almost shallow to an extent: Someone handsome, charming, a Prince or a Duke. Book Edwina was content to marry an academic with a meagre income but I wonder if Show Edwina would settle for someone like that? Maybe I'm judging her too harshly though. 

I do get the immense pressure she must be feeling at having to put her best step forward. And Kate does seem to have been contributing to some of that pressure with the emphasis on her being the perfect debutante, someone she has groomed herself. In that regard, Kate does seem to expect the world of Edwina - she's hard on her, similar to what Anthony is to his siblings (like he says to Gregory in that Ep 8 scene). Mirrors again!

Okay, that scene where Kate is holding up the gown with a wistful expression on her face and Edwina walks in smiling, and Kate hands her the gown - again foreshadowing for what happens later in Ep. 6 - the whole: You were only giving me what you wanted for yourself bit. I think they deliberately set this up for that, but I don't see it that way. Kate has truly ruled herself out of the marriage mart. Her interest in Anthony surprises her too I think, but she isn't able to help herself. 

The way her eyes follow him across the ballroom, and she leaves to step outside pretty sure intending to meet with him, and then overhears the bit of misogynistic nonsense he spouts. 

Anthony Bridgerton, I love you and I stan you but it's hard to do that when you go about talking shit like this! So you better get your head out of your ass soon! πŸ˜‘

That roast is beautiful. Something worthy of Kate Sharma! πŸ‘ Anthony has no words. And he cannot believe this woman just handed him his ass on a platter. That look on his face says it all.

But I do believe Kate is disappointed. Finally, she thought she'd met someone interesting, someone exciting and he turned out to be a prize as**ole. I think she hardens her heart further and becomes even more unforgiving of Anthony from this point on because he allowed her to hope. He allowed her romantic heart to feel something and then shattered it immediately. She was bound to be cold and unyielding after that.

And she also wants her sister to have love. She hears A say Love is the last thing he wants. Of course she's going to steer Ed far away from him!

Kate barges right in and rudely interrupts an introduction to Violet to say they want to leave. The rudeness is unwarranted, granted, but it shows how rattled she is by what she heard. Also the parallel between Kate thinking Ed would be more desirable if she left people wanting more, similar to what Anthony says about Daphne in Season 1. "Can you ever just agree?" A says to K in ep. 7, and I wanted to say, buddy you two have agreed on more things than you can know!πŸ˜†

I know LD is supposed to be this no-nonsense, opinionated woman but I find Adjoa's acting choices a little bewildering. She's spits out her dialogue in a bid to be emphatic, not sure if that's her theatre background coming into play. In contrast, Ruth (who plays Violet) is wonderfully understated. I 'm not sure if it's the direction or the way LD's character was written in the show - as somewhat OTT (like the Queen)

Pen negotiating her delivery boys' wages on Nicola's natural Irish accent was fun to watch but it's still meh to me.

And why does she find Wollstonecraft haughty? (Is that jealousy Pen?)

Not Anthony burning a pamphlet with Siena's name on it - symbolizing that he's well and truly over her! πŸ‘πŸΌ

El being courted and her suitor ending up playing marbles with Hyacinth and Gregory is just so ... El-like! πŸ˜†

LW has a true admirer in Mr. Finch (he really is a darling and Philippa got super lucky!)

Okay, Violet I know you mean well, and that Daphne was the incomparable but bringing her up in every single thing El does is not helping!!! 

So Madame Delacroix dumped Ben unceremoniously! Good for her!

Are you and the modiste still making a stitch?

Apparently not. Have you found a wife yet?

Damn I live for this brotherly banter! πŸ˜†

Oh Anthony, Anthony! You are looking for perfection! And you think Edwina is it? You poor, misguided soul! You really think Edwina can handle El? And launch your remaining sisters? Hyacinth is a handful too! Oh you poor poor lost soul!

That expression when Violet tells him : You will end up alone with such expectations! *Chefs kiss* 

So Pen has all this money and she knows her family's finances are in trouble. Did she ever plan on helping out?

But Pen is truly alone isn't she? Her family does not think of her and she's wallflower, so no suitors pay her any attention. El and Colin are all she has. It now pains me to think how she's lost both of them too. No wonder she isn't ready to give up LW.

LD and Kate scene: Why does she say 'forgeries" when she confronts Kate about the Sheffields?

Ok, so Kate insisted they come to England because the Sheffields have agreed to bestow a dowry on Edwina if she marries an Englishman with a title. And Kate does not want Edwina to know because she doesn't want her to feel pressured into marrying the first man who asks her. She wants her to find true love. And I don't see that as deception. I find nothing wrong in the fact that Kate did not tell Edwina this. Why would she want to burden her sister?

"If I could marry for the sake of my family I would but I am not my mama's daughter by birth."

So here is the first instance of Kate's sacrifice. The Sheffields will take care of Mary and Edwina will get a dowry if she marries well. 

"If it means my sister will not be left destitute, I will smile and nod politely"

And here Kate says she's shielding Edwina only because she knows her. It hurts my heart, because she didn't really know Edwina did she? Kate was willing to give up the love of her life for Edwina. Would Edwina have done the same for Kate? I don't know. I truly don't know. I just do not understand the Kate criticism. Just watch this scene. How does anyone think Kate was doing something underhanded?

So is the diamond making an enviable match the true intention behind the Queen choosing one? I truly don't get her interest in this? But LD is quite the influencer!

Anthony looks like an anxious Papa when El steps in front of the Queen and look at him beaming at her when the Queen laughs! Aww he's such a caring older brother, even if an overbearing one. I truly think he's proud of each of his siblings' triumphs.

"If the Queen names Eloise the diamond who will you marry then, brother?" Oh Ben!

'Hush you!" β˜ΊοΈ AHH the way he says this is doing something to me! (I'm crazy I know! πŸ˜†)

Pen and El outside: This was the perfect opportunity to tell her, Pen! And I don't understand how El did not put it together just then. 

What Pen says here kind of makes sense: It is freeing to be ignored. You don't have expectations to live up to and perhaps that's why LW remains anonymous - but in this case I think Pen has a bigger reason - The Queen is after LW. 

Oh the way Anthony looks at Edwina when she's being walked up to the Queen - like a finished painting. He says because he needs a muse, but i don't think that's it. It's more like - it's ready and available for the picking. You take it home and hang it and admire it perhaps? Nothing more to be done with it, it's already perfectly painted by the artist. That's what Edwina is to him. Oh Anthony!

You're not even trying to be subtle, are you Anthony? Sheesh! Starting the interview again with Edwina. And everything she says only reaffirms that he's made the right choice. And the Queen has endorsed her. After a series of failures where he's interviewed every eligible woman in London, it must have come as a relief to him to not have to look anymore. Is he thinking of Kate at this point at all? Did it even cross his mind to look for her? He did see her at the Ball, so why did he not go and ask LD about her? Perhaps after the way she roasted him, he did not think he stood a chance with her? 

I love the way Kate looks here with the jewels in her hair! 

OH MY GOD! ☺️That little head tilt he does when he sees her! Her Sister! Oh Anthony you're so f**ked!

Ok, so I assume Kate told Edwina everything she overheard Anthony say at the Conservatory terrace. Is Edwina truly swayed by her opinion? Is she still enamored of Anthony? I think she may have been. Perhaps not quite ready to rebel against Kate for him though.

So LW is influenced by what El said, and calls out the entire process of naming a diamond as ridiculous, thereby angering the Queen and raising her stakes in Edwina's marriage. Oh boy - what a convoluted web!

That's the end of the episode.

Overall, I felt the performances are stronger this time around. The actors have all grown into their characters and are more comfortable portraying them.

Simone and JB are  the PERFECT Kate and Anthony and it's impossible not to see their chemistry. Their banter is of course delicious but more than that it's the acting choices these two make. There is such a tension, such an energy when they're in a frame together that everything else pales. It speaks volumes of the actors they are in creating such magic. The body language Anthony displays when he's speaking with Kate - so different than when he's talking to or dancing with Edwina. I see what JB meant when he said with Edwina he's leading her, but with Kate - it's more balanced. They are equals. They see that about each other and have grudging respect for the other because of it, even if it seems like they despise each other right now (Hint: they don't. Not really! πŸ˜†)

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

S2 E2: Off to the Races

OMG Kate is making a list of suitors for Edwina. Remind anyone of Anthony's messy list of ladies to interview? God these two!! πŸ˜†

Ahh okay LW (Pen) I DO NOT appreciate you calling Kate a prickly spinster of a beast. I will not hear any Kate slander? Do you hear me?

Okay, so Edwina went quickly from calling Lumley a dandy, to being swayed by Kate's opinion calling him gallant. Shows she implicitly trusts and defers to her sister's opinions. Then why o why was she not ready to listen to Kate's repeated warnings to her about Anthony??  I liked that Mary asked Edwina's opinion here. But she's been so absent, idek!  Since Anthony is such a respectable titled gentleman - he comes from a well-respected family (Lumley gushing over the Bridgertons), plus Lady D who has lived in London for many years vouches for him, her mother does not object to him either, Edwina may have thought the opinion of one person - her sister whom she has clearly placed on a pedestal did not matter anymore. She still wants Kate's approval for him to marry her though, so it's somewhat confusing.

The shave, and lord he looks hot here! ☺️Look at Anthony saying: Not the sister. Yes thank you, Anthony for elaborating, we'd have never known otherwise! Miss Edwina will suffice. This idiot. I love you, Anthony but you are an idiot. But I know you also have low self-esteem and you don't think you're worth fighting for. You place everyone else in your family above yourself. And you want to push love away, not because you don't want to deal with the pain of losing someone you love, but because you don't want someone you love to deal with the pain and loss and grief when you're gone! And that is what I love about you, and what I hate about you too! You see the problem of being an Anthony stan? πŸ˜’ 

Kate and Anthony's thoughts playing out one after another: I plan to choose a bride with my head and not my heart. Anthony, do you see what you're saying? You love your family (and your family loves you too although they don't show it quite as much). You already have love in your life whether you want it or not. Just ruling out spousal love does not mean there won't be others who won't grieve you. How do you think your offspring will feel if you die on them? Something like what you felt when Edmund died? Yeah. But you still want kids, don't you? Were you planning on not loving them? Ha ha, this man I s2g. He's such a f**king mess!

Ahh the way he looks here!  'Every rose has its thorn after all' And he refers to Kate as thorn again during ep. 6. Well, that thorn pricked you hard, didn't it, Lord B??

Okay, she's left Lumley in there talking to Edwina about Blake. πŸ˜† 

OMG! The way he approaches her and ushers her away to say he wants to take Edwina to the races. Drag him, Kate. He is brazenly presumptuous! πŸ˜† Damn, he got served, didn't he?

I love their expressions here! Quintessential K and A. They've got it down pat! Delicious!

Ahh she says his reputation is 'dubious'. Didn't A say this about one of Daphne's suitors in S1! They are so similar I can't!

Ahh Colin is back. And I found Nicola's expression really weird in this scene. Sorry, I don't see the chemistry between these two and I think their season is gonna be a drag. But I will watch if Kanthony are in it! πŸ˜†

Colin! Give your oldest brother a hug too! At least be good for something! πŸ˜†

Ok, so Lumley likes Byron and Ben thinks he's a waste of time. I'm trying to understand the Byron disdain here. Is he pretentious? What's wrong with his poetry?

Oh dear God! Dorset is right there sweet-talking you about home and you still turn your head to look at Anthony! Kate, girl! Behave!

Oh God! Lumley is such a little sycophant it's embarrassing. Sorry Edwina sweetie for thinking this guy might work for you. Nope, you can do better! Anthony, you sneaky rat, you knew you could twiddle Lumley on your little finger. And you already set up Kate with Dorset, you conniving b**tard. Why do I love you so much? πŸ˜”πŸ˜†

And now using your family as bait to lure Edwina! Will this man never stop with his tactics? πŸ˜† I think Anthony is more motivated here by the fact that Kate kept him from seeing Edwina than he is really interested in getting closer to Edwina. It's a game to him, he's competitive - we know that, and he wants to beat her. Just look at him- how he insinuates himself between Kate and Edwina! My God, the man is shameless! He could have easily sat on Ed's other side, but no - he has to prove a point to Kate. It's always about Kate- right from the start!

Oh Kate I see you - trying to get rid of him but you underestimated his shamelessness. And there the argument between Nectar and High Flyer. This has been paralleled with Edwina and Kate. A chooses Nectar/ Edwina because they are the popular pick without failing to see that Kate/ High Flyer would be the more suitable choice given their similarities/ conditions. Nice parallel, Bridgerton writers! Of course Nectar lost. and High flyer won. Kate got no chill when it comes to whistling!

Omg he squeezed closer to her to make room for Lumley - and the a**hole took the lemonade meant for Kate.  No chivalry at all! πŸ˜†

The way he stares at her whistling! πŸ€£ I love Ed and Dorset's little exchange here - Should we separate them? It's all in good spirit I think! Oh poor Edwina! She has no idea what she's caught between! I can tell she's looking exceedingly uncomfortable with Kate being so rude to Anthony. I think she's started to like him (who can blame her, when a rich, good looking guy is giving you all that attention and you're this naive debutante with no knowledge about rakes!)

Uh oh! Dorset- the well-meaning fool has let out that he knows Anthony! 

Ed looks upset here at having to leave. And A knows juts how to turn on the charm! Of course she's smiling. But he cannot fool Kate!

El meets Theo while tracking down the printers for LW. I know this pairing has been liked a lot, but they give off so much sibling energy to me - they even look alike, and i cannot unsee it! Sorry, Theloise shippers! πŸ˜ƒI'll give that Theo is cute in a preppy school boy kind of way but the footman seems more up El's alley really. Hot Footman anyone? πŸ˜†

Ed and Kate talking and Ed is standing up for Anthony. Appa said it takes a courageous man to stand up for what he wants. And Kate is the one who reminds her that he also said the mark of a true gentleman is his honesty. And my God - this is sending me because every time Anthony prefaces his speech with "I'm a gentleman" he tells Kate nothing but the truth! Where's my fan?

What's with the Queen's fascination for exotic animals? I'm finding it a tad creepy.

Aha, the Queen chose Edwina simply because she was not present last season and there's no way she could be LW. It tells me Anthony going for Edwina simply because she's the diamond is the most foolhardy choice!

The fencing scene: Ha ha Colin! Especially since you are the one that knows best in every situation!

I love how Anthony is so frustrated with Kate, it's showing in his game. He's off. Like his moves are completely off. Whatever hits he's getting, it's because of rage, not skill.

"Because every time you lose, you claim we cheated." Ha ha Ben and Colin are roasting him!

Anthony is coming across as such a stick-in-the-mud here, come on, loosen up a little, bro!

He's settling for Edwina! Sigh! Like Ben says, he's dismissed every other young woman and he's just tired of it all and there's nothing objectionable about Edwina. Except she has a disagreeable sister!

And Anthony is not going to be the one to admit defeat!

This is such a delicious thing actually between them and I wish the show hadn't been so focused so heavily on Anthony being roasted/ defeated by Kate all the time, especially during the Pall Mall game because he's actually competitive and it did not seem believable to me that he'd miss all his shots. That's the problem with this season as a whole - they try to lift someone up by putting someone else down. (Hint: The wedding episode)

This fencing scene did a good job of setting up how Anthony has a healthy respect for those who challenge him, and fight back in equal measure. He says so of Benedict and this is what attracts him towards Kate too. She gives as good as she gets.

Benedict honors me by holding nothing back. That is how our Viscount likes to be honored. And Kate does it. Every time. She holds nothing back. 

He's quite insufferable in this scene! πŸ˜† No wonder Colin and Ben look exasperated.

She peeks out the window, sees him there with his 'gift horse' and rushes straight down not bothering to tell anyone he was here! I see you, Kate! You want him all for yourself. I get it!

I would not recommend trying to climb inside! 🀣Sassy Anthony is cute!

You do not even know me! Oh yes, she does, Anthony, better than you think because you two are so similar!

I know you are polished, I know you are careful, I know you make promises without so much as uttering a word!

Ahh but the last one is giving me feels, because we know all those lingering looks and smoldering glances that are coming. He does not say a word, but he does make promises to Kate. A promise of passion, of love, of longing, of forbidden glances. All the while not uttering a word. Just heavy breathing.

I think I went overboard with my literal interpretation of what she said just then. πŸ˜†

Ahh here's Anthony reminding Kate she should back off and let Edwina decide what she wants for herself. He does this again in Ep. 3 just before the Bee sting happens. Poetic justice then that Anthony ends up doing what Kate wants by agreeing to marry Edwina. 

Ok, Edwina seems like such a little girl here - smh- the way she says the kind that curl up on my lap.

Is that Nectar? Did Anthony save him from the Knacker's yard and bring him to Edwina? (CVD confirmed that he did and Nectar is now at the stables in Bridgerton House. Just when I thought I could not love Anthony more! πŸ˜­)

That expression on his face when Kate walks away with Edwina: he does not know what it will take to get through to this woman and get her to like him.

So Kate kept Anthony away from the soiree and everyone is aware that he does not want a love match, it's an open secret at this point. Did Edwina truly think he fell in love with her and that's why he was marrying her? 

I wonder when Violet says - there's a lesson here for you Anthony, does she mean he should allow love, or does she mean he should learn to keep his thoughts to himself. I think it should be the former, because Violet has always wanted love for all her children. But in that case I cannot think why she encourages him to pursue Edwina. Does she truly think Anthony would fall in love with her? Compare how LD and Violet are matchmaking for Anthony-Edwina, and then note how Violet is not on board with the idea right before the Sheffield dinner when she's recognized Anthony does not love Edwina. I wonder if she noted him eyeing Kate all through the promenade, and that's why she was convinced he wasn't in love with Ed? I'm trying to understand Violet here.

Ahh okay, the gentlemen making fools of themselves!  This is fun! The magician guy was quite good actually. And Kate and Eloise bonding gives me life. I love LD's expressions here, she's cringing inwardly! πŸ˜†

So before Pen calls out to her, Edwina is looking eagerly for someone - was it Anthony she was waiting for? Did she not realize Kate had kept him out of the guest list?

I feel bad for Pen truly I do. Colin shows zero interest in her. And she keeps reaching for him, like a masochist. Sad. He's just a spectator and she does not like mysteries. Hmm. But she likes being one, doesn't she?

I feel like hitting Colin with a sharp instrument for being so oblivious to her feelings, really. Somewhat like Edwina all season. He's as blind as she was. Perhaps they would make a good pair - two totally oblivious creatures making their way together through the world? πŸ˜†

Ok, Anthony. Rude. Dragging Ben away like that! They are both so bossy and domineering, I can't.

But it's Anthony and Ben and I love their dynamic and I love that Anthony seeks Ben out or at least bounces his thoughts off him when he's troubled. It shows he thinks highly of him, even respects him. I wish Ben would do more than just mock him or give meaningless advice, when he's not ignoring him while being self-indulgent. I also like the way JB and Luke T vibe off each other- their theatre background shows, they're excellent scene partners.

Poetry is the art of revealing the truth with words. Anthony knows poetry, bro! He doesn't need your help!

But these words stand out to me - That you would willingly take on any pain. any burden for her.

Anthony truly did that, didn't he?

Look at the shit-eating grin he gives her the moment he has won and can recite the poetry! πŸ˜† JB's expressions are GOLD!

He turns to her the exact moment he says - To Honor, and I know the script said it took his breath away to look at her, but I see that look more as him coming to the realization that he's cheating. Because the immediate next moment he looks at his mother. He cannot lie to either of them. Those words feel hollow and empty because he isn't really acting with honor here, is he? Yes, it did not feel like a charged moment between them, perhaps JB just played it differently than it was written in the script? I'm buying his interpretation of that scene anyway!

The look in Kate's eyes when he says - they are hollow unless accompanied by action. She agrees! She's impressed despite herself!

See he's telling her the truth before everybody: I could pretend to want the same things as you, but I'd be lying. I cannot give you the passion you fully deserve.

How in the world does she think he's in love with her? Delusional, girl, you're just delusional!

And Kate reminds her too. There is no ambiguity in his words. He's clear, He cannot offer Edwina love. Maybe she thought he couldn't offer it to anyone. That he couldn't love anyone (Like the Daphne- Simon situation in S1). Then she realized that wasn't true. He could offer it to her sister. Perhaps that made her angrier. πŸ€”

That second look they shared? Yep, that was charged. He was drilling his gaze into her, and she couldn't take her eyes off him. She was so disconcerted by it that she ran into someone and nearly dropped a tray of food.

LD offers Kate some good advice here: When one is frustrated it is wiser to focus on satisfying one'a own needs instead to attempting to influence others.

Yes Kate. Focus on yourself. Focus on Anthony and how he makes you feel. 

She says she wants to leave this city for good. Does she no like London then? Has Kate visited London before? I guessed the last time she did was probably when her father eloped with Mary, and they ran away to India. Does Kate still have bad memories from then? I'm guessing she was at least 8 years old when her father married Mary so she was old enough to have understood some of the scandal.

LD: You are not me, and if you continue down this road you most certainly never will be.

Does LD see Kate as a reflection of herself when she was younger? There has to be a a reason why we had so may scenes of her and Kate together, when it should have been Mary and Kate tbh. If LD has loved, then why is she not more in favor of 'love' matches? I wonder who it is she loved? Was it her husband or someone else? It would be interesting to know her backstory.

Ahh Violet seems to have clocked Anthony turning back to look at Kate as she re-enters the room.

Uh oh! Madame Delacroix has spotted Pen buying that new letter K for the printing press (Idek how exactly printing presses worked those days)

And the Queen is shortlisting the list of ladies that can be LW based on who interacted with Edwina.

I wonder why everyone assumes that LW is a woman? Just because she writes with that pen name? Like she could just as easily be a man hiding behind the pseudonym? Does it never cross anyone's mind! And here's a plot idea for Polin's season which could be actually interesting!

It sort of borrows from Courtney Milan's Countess Conspiracy where the hero pretends to be the one with all these groundbreaking scientific theories, when in reality it's a woman - his friend and someone he's been in love with for years, just because a woman espousing those theories would not be taken seriously in those times.

What if they reveal Colin is actually LW, I mean he knows it's Pen of course and agrees to reveal himself to protect her, and then eventually realizes how clever and enterprising she actually is and falls for her? I know it sounds far-fetched but just throwing it out there. It sounds wayyyy better than the plot of RMB anyway! πŸ˜›

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Daph is the fandom❀️

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcaGcR1I4Bh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

LMAO this πŸ€£

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcO8vd1Jo8J/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 2 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

2nd wala samajh nahi aaya? Like are they saying the violin players are so bad they can replace them?

Ahh thank you Beti for hitting like on my long ass reviews - ( I know you’re only being polite but I love you for it anyway)

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

2nd wala samajh nahi aaya? Like are they saying the violin players are so bad they can replace them?

Ahh thank you Beti for hitting like on my long ass reviews - ( I know you’re only being polite but I love you for it anyway)

I read first episode, second is pending.

Those musicians were actors, they were playing it ulta(?) And incorrectly so the actual musician was like give them proper directions at least. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

I read first episode, second is pending.

Those musicians were actors, they were playing it ulta(?) And incorrectly so the actual musician was like give them proper directions at least. 

Ohh accha! Subah subah dekha, my decaffeinated brain could not absorb much πŸ˜†  take your time, and you don’t have to feel obligated to read it. It’s just self-indulgence but I like going back and seeing what my reactions were. I’ve watched the Kanthony scenes multiple times and each time I find something new to note so my reactions have definitely changed since my first watch! Plus I’ve been geeking on it with online friends, and they all bring up something. The fandom experience is very different I tell ya! πŸ˜†

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcLFnH-rF-g/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y

Have an amazing day mumma! πŸ€— some yearning☺️