Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgjzwlpF1B/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have no idea how to embed IG links but have you seen this??? β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ

They're lit! Oh man! I'm besotted! The harmonies!!!!! I can't

Bridgerton Bros need to be a thing

How have I missed this??!!

Like howwwwwww??!!

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

Blind RJP fans on Facebook!

I love trolling them! πŸ˜†

JB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RJP

Yeah okie. BYE. β˜ΊοΈ

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel.

How have I missed this??!!

Like howwwwwww??!!

Chalo imma ahead of you in something on IG! 

Here's another - Anthony with Miles and Charlotte! β˜ΊοΈ

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRNpwhnGIF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

LizzieBennet thumbnail

And here's baby Mary....

Anthony trying to stay up as Kate gets some well- deserved zzzzs β˜ΊοΈ

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bchbp6OjKV8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Originally posted by: EuphoricDamsel.

JB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RJP

Yeah okie. BYE. β˜ΊοΈ

You and me both sistah! !😎

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

And here's baby Mary....

Anthony trying to stay up as Kate gets some well- deserved zzzzs β˜ΊοΈ

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bchbp6OjKV8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MY hearttttttt this is I tell you β€οΈ

LizzieBennet thumbnail

S1 E8

Finally, I'm here, so here goes...

Lady W VO: One can never know the truth of a marriage hiding behind closed doors!

Ain't that true πŸ˜Ž

Lord G painting S and D, he asks them to come closer and S to place a hand on D's shoulder. They share a look and Lord G is taken in - My word, the very picture of devotion, he says (Idk why I felt he was being sarcastic though πŸ˜†) I like the little half-smile that forms on S's face as he gazes lingeringly at D.

They actually discuss S leaving for London and D convinces him to stay for the Hastings ball.

Bridgerton House! with the siblings gathered, my fav type of scene!

Hyacinth asks Anthony if she can visit Aubrey Hall in the summer and A is distracted reading the papers - something about Siena. And then he says - provided you stay away from my lucky mallet! AHhh, Pall Mall foreshadowing! 

- El warns Ben about Madame D and he misreads her intentions thinking she's dismissing Madame D because she does paid work. 

Vi comes in to announce that Francesca is returning. I love messy bed hair Anthony - will miss him this season 

- Pen and Marina scene: M thinks she has lost the baby with the tea and is preparing to go home. She apologizes to Pen and says Colin will look at Pen differently some day. 

I liked Marina here. She was honest and upfront even when she was being devious. She did not hide the fact from Pen that she was β€˜trapping’ Colin and even when Colin confronted her about it, she held to her side of the story like a boss. She was desperate and desperate people do bad things. She had to think of her baby and how they were gonna survive. But Pen??? Nope. I see her actions as vindictive. And then going on being all sympathetic towards Marina once the threat of her marrying Colin ceased to exist. I find her actions so hypocritical! They destroyed Lady W and Pen both for me with this single storyline.

Meanwhile Daph and Vi meet Mama F in the marketplace and Daph magnanimously invites the Fs to the Hastings Ball.. when Varley announced Sir Phillip Crane's arrival. Daph is ofc interested hearing the last name.

And Sir Phillip Crane arrives to tell them George has died, and gives M a letter that George was writing.

M rushes out and Daph speaks to her...

She is emotional and tells Daph that she was so mistaken about George, she thought he was a villain but he truly loved her. She was wrong. That stirs something in Daph... Phoebe is really good at conveying these subtle emotions.

- El comes to Madame D's shop to warn her about the Queen's trap for Lady W and Ben's there... but El does not see him. 'Lock the door' he tells Madame D after she leaves πŸ˜†

- Daph encourages S to go to Will's match - they have an awkward convo in the corridor. And then Daph asks him about the vow he made to his dad and S says the one thing I hate hearing from anyone - I'm doing this for your own good., you'll be better off without me!.. ARGGGHHHH! Don't ! Don't presume to tell me what's good for me!!

Why are these MLs so dense! I wanna throw something at him at this point! πŸ˜‘

- Will prepping for the fight and telling Alice they can leave town after this if everything goes right.

Papa F sets up a deal with some shady guys (who will come back to haunt him)

Phillip Crane proposes to Marina and she turns him down - "I do not know this man" she says. Well, you did not know Colin either but one dance and you were ready to marry him...!πŸ€”

Why is Prudence looking at Phillip Crane like she wants to eat him up? πŸ˜†

- Daph goes off to check S's writing table and finds the letters he wrote to his father. Lady D walks in a confirms what Daph's been thinking. Tells her something of S's childhood and understanding dawns on Daph.

I do wish that this convo had taken place between S and D though.

The Bridgerton Bros watching Will's match but A is seeking out Siena - they make moony eyes at each other and the next thing ya know, they're going at it. πŸ˜†

Will 'throws' the match much to Papa F's delight but the shady guys have something up their sleeve.

- Will and Simon scene - and this is among my favorite ones in this episode. "What could be more honorable than taking care of your family?" says Will. And then tells S to stop worrying about his marriage and worry about his own.

And then calls S out saying, "You're angry. But not at me. So take it elsewhere and do something about it!"

Attaboy, Will!

Papa F brings all the money he's made and Mama F immediately calls Varley to get new gowns made for her girls! πŸ˜†

- Daph and S share an awkward breakfast table convo, and D asks S to go with her to see Francesca, and he agrees.

- I really like the Bridgerton living room scenes! And this one is soo good- Colin sings 'Let the catch and the toast go round' with Daph at the piano? Or is it Fran? Cannot make that out.

El's eating some candy - "I do not share my food" she says in vain as both Ben and Anthony liberally help themselves, Ben warily confesses to A about Madame D and A is encouraging prompting Ben to go - Whatever is in those candies? πŸ˜†

Pen walks in and makes moony eyes at C, then chats with El about Lady W, El thinks she's Madame D ofc. (Claudia is great but I hate her hair!)

Hyacinth and Gregory flank Simon who makes a paper pony for H and makes 'horse noises' for G, and Daph is watching indulgently. S is all smiles, and it's nice to see that for a change after all those broody looks.

The F girls are trying out their new gowns and Marina discovers she's still pregnant and the tea did not work.

A laughing with Siena and she's teasing him about the Hastings Ball when he's suddenly struck by an idea. He asks her to go with him to the ball - because he's Viscount, and his bro-in-law is a duke and he's powerfully connected now. She looks astonished but agrees. (IDk what the point was of the entire Siena storyline but okay )

- Daph and Simon chat as they oversee the prep for the ball.

They're teasing each other - Ahh the 'You wound me" again but this time in an entirely different tone of voice - soft and indulgent!

They negotiate how many dances they'll dance together - Nice throwback to the bargaining they did when they set up their 'ruse' initially. 

And then Daph brings up how good he's with children and Simon still doesn't give in - That doesn't mean I want any of my own, he says.

The guests arrive ... El is all dressed up and looks uncomfortable af and Daph kindly tells her she can use the library all evening if she likes. El tells her - Thank you for being so perfect so I don't have to be. I liked this little interlude between the sisters!

She tries to meet the Queen and odious Brimsley does not let her, but El manages to wrangle it out of him that she's laid a trap for Lady W outside her publishers' office. El rushes out and bribes a footman to take her there.

- Colin spots Pen in a corner and she's about to confess when he tells her he's leaving on his tour. She's visibly upset and tells him she's all 'danced out' when he asks her for a dance - what modern expressions they're using in the 19th century! πŸ˜† I don't see the chemistry between these two at all! 

Papa F is indulging in some debauchery after his win when he is cornered by the shady guys. Uh oh. Here it comes!

- Anthony and Siena scene: And I have to say i really liked this one. Both JB and Sabrina play this really well, and I love Siena's dress in this , it has a very Indian touch and I love the colour! 

She tells him she's not coming. And he says What are you doing, and she tells him she's ensuring her future because no one else will. And then she tells him he's lost, and that she refuses to go adrift with him. 

"You need to let me go", she says and Anthony's expressions here are wonderful, JB does a great job. The regret, the pain, the disbelief - he reflects all of it beautifully. He walks away tossing the bouquet he had brought her and I thought that one gesture was so powerful! πŸ‘

After all the sordidness I endured of watching Anthony and Siena's pointless love story - this one scene undid all the negativity. I think it might be the best scene in this episode for me.

And it sets up the stage really well for Anthony's story.

El is at the publishers- she spots Lady W driving up and warns her away (without seeing her face ofc) just as the Bow Street Runner arrives and Lady W manages to escape.

Lady D and Simon chatting up and she asks him if his plans to separate from D have changed and he says No and then takes a dig at her saying she knows all the gossip and Lady D got no chill when she responds - I know all! πŸ˜† Ha ha, yes you do, Lady D! She tells him Pride will cost you everything and leave you with nothing... So true! 

Vi talking wistfully about Edmund and how she used to dance with him to Daphne , and then she tells Daph we chose to love each other everyday despite the trials...Daphne is unconvinced, but Vi says

"You are a Bridgerton. There is nothing you cannot do!" Ahh okay! πŸ˜”

The waltz begins, S and D are dancing and then it begins to the rain - Lady D ushers everyone away saying the party's over and Daph and S are left standing. She refuses to get out of rain and laughs...even as Simon apologizes 

Did I say Phoebe looked gorgeous in this scene?? 

'Even a Duke cannot control the weather" she says and tells him she know why he made that vow and that she found his letters.

'Just because something is not perfect does not make it less worthy of love!" 

I cannot continue acting as if I do not love you, because I do. I love all of you. Even the parts that you think are too dark and shameful"

"You can choose to love me as much as I love you"

Phoebe owns this scene! πŸ‘

Mama F walks in with her girls and finds that her husband is dead, the money's gone and Bow Street Runners are waiting to question her. 

Simon tells Daph he does not want to be alone but that he does not know how to be the man she wants him to be - the man she deserves.

Again I find RJP to be lacking in these emotional scenes πŸ˜”

"I do not know how to do this," he says.

"You stay and we get through his together," she says.

And that's it. No baring of hearts, no talking to each other about what he went through when he made that vow and how he allowed it to rule his (and her) life. And no 'I love you' from him either. Such a let-down! πŸ˜’

I could have watched that instead of yet anther sex scene. 

Pen and El scene: El comforting Pen and Pen saying next season will be interesting with Lady W still on the loose. 

Another scene I liked: Marina and Mama F. M asks her how did she endure a marriage of 22 years without love. And Mama F says you find things to love. She tells Marina she's strong, stronger than her, and she will do well.

I do get this Marina is stronger than the one in books, i wonder how her story arc will go with Phillip Crane and how things get to the point where the books go. Because this Marina is nothing like Book!Marina.

Varley comes up to Mama F to tell her they have found the man who will inherit the Featherington estate.

I wonder who that will be (perhaps Jack from this season?) Will he end up marrying Prudence? Or even Mama F herself?

The season ends, Colin is leaving and the family is waiting to bid him goodbye.

Anthony declares he's ready to marry, and that he's found the difficulty - Love itself. Removing it from all entanglements will ensure he does not stray from the responsible path. I do get the purpose behind the Siena storyline somewhat now - it is to bring Anthony to where he is now, jaded and cynical. 

Ben tells El that he was with Madame D last night and that she's leaving for France, and El realizes that she cannot be Lady W. And FB to the scene where El warns off Lady W and she lifts her hood as her carriage drives away - Bammm! It's Pen.

Cut to Daph's birthing scene: Simon and Vi are holding her hand, - I guess in another deviation from norm they have Simon in the room with her, perhaps also to indicate he's not his father. 

Simon is altogether too calm  here- as if he's walking in the park and not watching his beloved wife in pain! πŸ˜†

The next Duke of Hastings is here, and Simon declares his name will start with A- as per tradition. 

In the books, they have a girl and then 2 more before the 'heir" is born so idk what the baby will be called.

I hope 'Anthony' after his uncle! But perhaps not πŸ˜†

And the scene closes with the "Bee" on the window!

I'm done!

Ready for S2! Bring it NOW!!! 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

OmG! Look at this! 

Viscount and Viscountess Bridgerton Ladies and Gents!,

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail

OmG! Look at this!