Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

When will we get an Update? šŸ˜”

Edited by tanvi_mitt - 2 years ago
DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Interlude

Tamanna sighed as she looked out the window. Myra was playing with some of the kids from the chawl. It warmed Tamannaā€™s heart to see Myra finally opening up to her, and also finding friends in the kids who lived in her parentsā€™ chawl, but she couldnā€™t help but feel caged. Living with Armaan had definitely spoiled her. She was not used to the million questions she was forced to answer here, not just to her parents, but to their neighbours as well. She absolutely couldnā€™t stand all these restrictions that were suddenly placed on her. In New York, no one questioned Tamanna about what she wore, what she ate, where she went, or what time she came home. As long as she was safe, nothing else mattered. But here, everyone was up in her business all the time, and she didnā€™t like it.

Tamanna had always harboured hope of coming back to Mumbai and settling here for good. Not in the near future, but some day. She had plans of coming back to the place that had been her home for most of her life and making it her home again. Now, it seemed futile. She didnā€™t think sheā€™d ever be comfortable in Mumbai, not with so many people breathing down her neck. And they would be, she knew. No matter whether she lived with her parents or not, they, especially her mother, would have a lot of expectations from her. She didnā€™t want that. She had lived her life according to others for too long. Now, she wanted to live it on her own terms.

That was a huge reason why she had not said yes immediately when Sid had all but proposed to her a couple days ago. To say that she was shocked was definitely an understatement. She would not deny that something had been brewing between the two of them back when they worked together, but it was years ago. It was just a silly little crush. She had gotten over him within weeks after getting to Canada. She hadnā€™t known that he had still been carrying a torch for her all these years later. She had wanted to say no outright, but had not. Some of it was because she didnā€™t want to seem too rude, but a part of her had also been excited at the prospect. She didnā€™t like Sid romantically anymore, but maybe, if she gave him a chance, it could change? She hadnā€™t given romance a thought in the past few years, but then it wasnā€™t like there was anyone jumping at the chance to be involved with her. Sid was the first person sinceā€¦ well, since Aniket. 

Now, more and more, she wanted to say no. Would Sid expect her to move back to India to be with him? She couldnā€™t do that. The past few days were testament enough that Mumbai would never be her home again. Even if she could grin and bear it, she would never let Myra be brought up like that. With so many restrictions, the way she had. She remembered how meek and pliable she had been before, how easily scared and flighty. It had taken her a lot to let go of that girl to become the woman she was today. She did not want her daughter to feel even an ounce of fear that she had. 

And anyway, even if Sid turned out to be a decent partner, she did not think he was anywhere close to a passable father, let alone a decent one. The way heā€™d talked about Myra was proof enough. 

I donā€™t even mind that you have a daughter, heā€™d said, as if her having a child made her lesser in any way.

I will try to accept her as well, heā€™d said, as if her daughter was not the best thing that had ever happened to her.

Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll understand. Even if she doesnā€™t, sheā€™s just a kid, heā€™d said, as if she wasnā€™t the centre of Tamannaā€™s world.

No, she didnā€™t think Sid was ready to be a father. Maybe in the future that might change. But as of now, he was not fit to be in her daughterā€™s life as a caregiver of any capacity. And that was enough reason for her to say no. Which she would, at the first chance she got.

The ringing of her phone brought her out of her musings. She smiled as she saw Rahulā€™s name flashing on the screen and quickly answered. ā€œHey, Bhaiya! How are you? Things with Bhabhiā€™s family going well? Did they agree to get you married?ā€ She fired her questions back to back.

Rahul chuckled at her exuberance. ā€œRelax,ā€ he told her. ā€œTake a breath.ā€

Tamanna did as he instructed, knowing there would be no more talking till she complied. ā€œGood girl,ā€ he praised. ā€œThe reason that I called isā€¦ wellā€¦ Tamā€¦ Iā€™m ā€” Iā€™m getting engaged.ā€

It took a moment for his words to register. "You'reā€¦ What now?"

"I'm getting engaged," Rahul repeated. "Well," he sighed. "Not engaged, exactly. Mera aur Muskaan ka roka hone wala hai. 4 din mein."

"OH MY GODS! BHAIYA, THAT IS SO GREAT! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" Tamanna shrieked. 

"Tamannaaaa! Spare my ears," Rahul replied. "But yes, I'm happy for me too. Mummy took care of everything otherwise I don't know what I'd have done. So, justā€¦ Get packed. Aai aur Baba ko bhi bol and all 4 of you get here ASAP. I'm going to call Champ and Nikki too, after I'm done talking to you, and I think Muskaan is going to invite the others from your intern batch. And, of course, Dr. Keerti & Dr. Shubhankar. So, co-ordinate with whoever you're comfortable with to get to the airport. Armaan is buying everyone's tickets as we speak."

"Waitā€¦ Dada is there? With you?" Tamanna asked, shocked. She knew for a fact that Armaan had never come back to India in years. 

Rahul bit his tongue. He had gotten too carried away and hadn't realized what he'd said. Of course, Tamanna would zero in on this little tidbit. She might know Armaan's entire history with Riddhima, but she knew enough. 

"He is," Rahul finally replied. Making up a reason on the spot, because he himself was unaware of what Armaan was doing in India (though of course, he had his theories, and he was pretty sure they were right), he said, "Apparently he got too bored in the house all lonesome so he came here. He was going to surprise you, but I called him to tell him I was planning to elope with Muskaan, so he rushed here."

"You were going to elope?!" Tamanna cried, quickly forgetting about Armaan's detour. These boys were intent on giving her shock after shock. She was finding it hard to keep up. 

"Muskaan's parents were very against us, you know that," Rahul explained. He had kept Tamanna somewhat apprised of the situation in the sense that his attempts to talk to Muskaan's parents had been fruitless. So, she wasn't completely unaware. 

"So you were just going to elope?" Tamanna questioned, surprised. Rahul was the one who thought a hundred times before doing anything. An elopement seemed to be the most spontaneous decision in life. Had he considered how that would probably break Muskaan's relationship with her family forever? 

"I kinda was, yes," Rahul sighed. "Not the best idea. I know it wasn't, but I just couldn't think of anything. That's why I called Armaan, because I knew he'd talk me out of it. I just didn't expect him to turn up at the door with Riddhima in tow."

"Waitā€¦ Now Riddhima Di is there too? What is even going on, Bhaiya? I'm so confused!" Tamanna exclaimed. 

"Don't ask. I don't know myself," Rahul replied. "But, Riddhima was always the smartest one out of all of us, so of course, he asked her to come. She's Muskaan's best friend, you know. And she did help in smoothing things with the Chaddas, so he was right in asking her to accompany him. Butā€¦ Whatever. That's a story for another time. I need you to be here for the roka, Tamanna."

"Of course, Bhaiya," she said. "As if I would miss such an important day in your life. Tell Dada to email me the details. We're taking the first flight out."

"Thank you so much," Rahul answered. "I love you."

Tamanna smiled. "I love you, Bhaiya. I'm so happy for you."

Tamanna hung up after they said their goodbyes and immediately rushed to her mother. They had a trip to plan, immediately. Her brother was finally taking the first step towards his happily ever after. 

Edited by DMGThings - 1 years ago
DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hello, hello, hello! An earlier chapter, as promised! 

As I was writing this chapter, I felt it would make for an amazing interlude, so it is sort of a flash forward from the last chapter set in New York. This conversation actually takes place after Track 57 but I'm posting it after Track 54 because it provides a good story break between the two parts. I also feel that reading this before Track 55 will build intrigue for the next chapters. :p

This has been a fun experiment, so let me know if it makes sense to you, as well. Also, huzzah! An update before 20 August. Who even am I? L O L

Just an fyi, in case any of you is interested... I've been updating little snippets from ILYLTF on Twitter the past few days - one snippet everyday for 15 days to celebrate 15 years! You can just look up #DillMillGayye on twitter and see them! :D

Anyway, Happy Rakshabandhan to those who celebrate and I will see you all soon! :)

Love, Prags

Edited by DMGThings - 1 years ago
tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Yay an update !

I am so happy that Armaan is here and so very happy that he told Riddhima how miserable she made him šŸ˜­ so she understands him and knows what to improve and what not to do.

Both are scared but let's see how this last chance goes.

Waiting to see how they fall in love again ā¤ļø

Prizi thumbnail

Prgssss yaar dil khush kar ditta tunešŸ¤—

This update is everything i neededšŸ˜€šŸ˜Š

Can you believe it sabko advise dene wala banda khud advise le raha hai šŸ˜

Love the convo between sonakshi and armaan ā¤

And armaan is here.. My boy is in Mumbai..

Love love love the AR conversation.. It was everything ā¤

Now armaan will see ridhima's Life.. He'll get to knw what she faced in these years... I'm so so excited to read

Shanky ka shakal dekhne layak hoga šŸ¤£

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Armaan has thought long and hard about what Riddhima said to him. And he is back to talk to her.

coderlady thumbnail

He leveled about his own feelings and how she broke his heart. A much needed conversation.

coderlady thumbnail

Now they can finally move forward with a clear mind. The feelings have been let out in the open.

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Intense, good, much-needed conversation.

Can't wait for further parts...

Do write soon

Happy new yearā¤ļø