Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GHKPM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Interesting development...tej & devi are totally unscrupulous but shaurya is putty in their hands too ... haihhh...hopefully this new development in Aastha & Anokhi's relationship will blow it all wide open...enjoying it...thnx💖😊🌹

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Gosh! Devi is horrible. Thank you for updating the story. Astha has trained Anokhi so well that she can independently win the challenge. 

Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thañku so much for the update was waiting eagerly for this update now all I want to read is that whom does astha call, will wait eagerly for the next update

jhankarbeats87 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 17 Thumbnail + 6

Really  felt bad for Anokhi in this update. To be abandoned and betrayed by someone you believe, or worship is really  painful. But I want her to participate  and emerge victorious  in the competition on her own abilities. She sdnt need Astha's recipes. She is talented in her own way. 😀

Shaurya is still living in a delusional world. N Astha the less said he better. Even after all she had experienced, if she still chooses to trust  devi, then its her own fault.

Masquerader thumbnail

Waiting for next part. 

Please update soon😍.

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am sorry for not being able to update in a long time. Have been too busy lately. I am updating the penultimate chapter. Apologies for not replying individually. Didn't have the time to revise so please overlook any errors.

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Chapter 18

Shaurya pressed the brakes with full force to avoid hitting the person who had suddenly come in front of his car but couldn’t stop her from losing balance and falling on her face over the car bonnet. Shaurya got out to check if the person was fine when she got up on her feet and removed her long locks to reveal her face.

“What were you thinking coming in front of my car like that? Are you planning to get me arrested, Miss Bhalla?” Shaurya said irritatedly. 

“I am sorry for getting myself nearly killed, Mr. Sabharwal. Now if you will excuse me.” Anokhi pushed him aside and started walking away.

Shaurya immediately held her hand and pulled her back. “Wait a minute. Is everything alright? You look as if...as if you have been crying.”

Anokhi looked at him and said, “What will you do if it isn’t? You won’t be able to do anything because you are the reason for it. It was my mistake that I tried to poke my nose into other people’s business. You and your mother just don’t understand what they want. And my Aastha Mam loses all her rationality when it comes to her son. You know what, I should just leave the two of you like that. From now on I will strictly mind my own business and do what is good for myself. I won’t think about anyone else.” Anokhi blabbered on angrily.

“But what is the matter? I am not going to let you go until you tell me what exactly happened.”

Anokhi released herself from his grip and said, “Go and ask your mother. Now let me go. I need some time to myself to clear my head.” 

Shaurya looked on as she hurriedly walked away. He could sense that her words stemmed from a lot of pain. Someone very dear must have hurt her badly, but who could that person be?”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“How could you do this, Aastha? That girl worships you. She was doing all this for you but what did you do? You got carried away by Devi Bhabhi’s manipulations and jeopardised her career.”

“I am sorry Shaan. I had no idea Anokhi had put so much at stake. If I had known of this challenge, I would never have let her go ahead with it. I didn’t know she had made such a deal.”

“Even if you didn’t, you compromised on your own principles this time. You sided with the wrong team. You were going to let Shaurya win unfairly. Even Shaurya wouldn’t have liked it had he known the truth. I didn’t expect this from you.” Shaan had disappointment in his voice.

“Even I didn’t expect this from myself. But what can I do? My principles pushed me away from my son. After he was born, I had so many plans about how I would bring him up, how I will stand by him through every storm in life, how I would help him grow into a wonderful human being. But I couldn’t. Today I had got this one chance to be of some help in bringing happiness in his life. Believe me, I didn’t do it to get any acknowledgement from him. I just wanted to console the mother in me. But in doing so, I have not only compromised on my principles but also hurt my other child. I know she is very very mad at me. Please Shaan, help me find Anokhi. I promise, I will never hurt her again.” Aastha was miserable.

“She isn’t picking up my calls either. Where could she have gone?” Shaan wondered aloud.

“Excuse me, I need to talk to you Miss Kashyap.” 

Shaan and Aastha looked towards the door from where the voice came. Shaurya was standing there looking very serious. He slowly walked towards them and said to Aastha, “What have you done to Anokhi?”

Aastha looked at him in surprise and asked, “What do you mean? Did you meet her? Where is she?”

“Answer me first.” Shaurya said, raising his voice. “I knew you were capable of anything. You just claim to love people. Truth is that you just use them for your benefit. That is what you did to me, that is what you are doing to my father and that is what you have done to Anokhi. I have never seen her so broken before. And I am sure you are the reason for it. I had warned her that you were a selfish woman. You don’t deserve someone like her. But she didn’t heed my advice.”

“Yes, you are right. I don’t deserve her. But can you tell me who does? You? Or the Sabharwals? You want to get her to work for Sabharwal Kitchen. I know very well how the Sabharwals treat the people who work for them. They crush all their dreams, they take away their liberty and turn them into slaves who have to do their bidding. And when someone rebels, they use all their power to destroy that person. Anokhi won’t be able to survive a day in that environment. Neither will I let her go there.”

Shaurya tightened his fists and looked at his father, “Dad, please ask this woman to stop this nonsense. Otherwise I will forget my limits.”

“That is not nonsense, Shaurya. There is truth in every word she spoke. I am ashamed to say that our so-called prestigious family has built its fame and reputation on the ruins of many trampled souls, your mother being the foremost of them. We took away everything from her. Her business, her recipes, her child. You wanted to know why Anokhi is mad at her. It is because she gave her best recipe to Devi Bhabhi so that you can win this competition.” Shaan said.

“Oh stop it Dad. You have become nothing but a parrot who repeats whatever she teaches you. I refuse to believe a word of what you say.”

“You don’t have to believe us. But please tell me where you met Anokhi?” Aastha asked, getting impatient.

“Near the railway station.”

“Do you think she is leaving Chandigarh? But where will she go?” Shaan asked Aastha.

“There is only one place I could think of right now. I will have to leave immediately.” Aastha hurriedly went inside to get her bag. 

Shaan followed her leaving Shaurya alone who stood there as if he had been struck by lightning.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Anokhi stood in front of the door and hesitated a bit before knocking. It has been six long years. How will they react? Will they accept her with open arms or will they reject her? After all she has caused them great dishonour. Anokhi mustered up courage and knocked. She waited with baited breath for someone to answer.

The door opened and there on the other side was her mother. A plethora of emotions passed across her face in a matter of seconds. Neither could speak a word.

Then Anokhi said slowly, “Maa”

Rama immediately came forward and hugged her, crying tears of joy, “Oh, my Nikki, the apple of my eye, how I longed for you all these years. You don’t know how many nights I spent weeping, thinking about you. I knew you were in safe hands but a mother’s heart cannot rest unless she sees it herself. I know you are mad at me.”

“Rama, ask her to return to the place she came from.” Mr. Bhalla said in a grave tone.

“Papa, please let me be with Mummy for sometime. I will leave soon. I promise.” Anokhi pleaded.

Rama then went to Mr. Bhalla and said with folded hands, “Please, I have yearned for my child for six years. Please don’t send her away again. Let her stay with us for a few days. Look at her, she is appearing so pale. Something is definitely wrong with her. That is why she has come here. She needs us.”

Mr. Bhalla thought for a few moments and then said, “Okay, ask her to come inside. I have to leave for some work.” He then walked outside.

Rama went and held Anokhi’s hands. “Come inside, dear. It looks like you have not eaten anything for a long time. I will go and quickly make some halwa for you. I know how much you love halwa. It may not be as good as your Aastha Mam...by the way I hope you have informed her that you came here.”

Anokhi looked downwards.

Rama sensed something was amiss. “What is the matter, Anokhi? Why haven’t you informed her? Has anything happened between the two of you? Whatever it is you should have informed her. I don’t have to tell you how much she cares for you.”

To Rama’s surprise Anokhi threw herself on her and broke down into uncontrollable sobs.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Shaurya didn’t even know why he was here. Yet he found himself waiting outside the gates of Bhalla house with Aastha Kashyap. Shaan couldn’t come as he had to attend an urgent business meeting. Shaurya looked on as his mother frantically knocked on their door.

Mrs. Bhalla opened the door and said, “Madamji, I am so glad you came. Please tell me what happened to my daughter. She has been crying non stop ever since she arrived.”

“Anokhi is here? Thank God!” Aastha gave a sigh of relief. Then she said to Rama, “Can I talk to her?”

“I am sorry Mam. But I don’t want to speak with you at the moment. I want to spend a few days here with my family, with my parents. I have been working for your institute for a long time now. Don’t I deserve a few days’ leave? You can cut it from my salary if you face any problems with my absence.”

“KICAS is your institute, Anokhi. Please don’t speak like that.”

“But it will soon cease to be. Hasn’t he told you about the good news yet?” Anokhi said, pointing towards Shaurya. “Anyways, that was a small price to pay for you to get your son back. I am glad that you all are together, like a family. And even my family has accepted me. They don’t close the door on me now. My father has finally allowed me inside the house. What more can I ask for?”

“What about your dream of making KICAS the best culinary institute in the country?”

“You have sold my dream in return for your son. You didn’t trust me. I wanted to fix everything but you didn’t let me because you wanted to do it your way. You never thought of me as your own. You sheltered me so that you could play with my emotions when needed and I wouldn’t mind because I would be indebted to you.”

Aastha swallowed her harsh words and said, “Fine then. I am granting you as many days’ leave as you want, but I would expect you to behave like a professional and come back and join your duty as early as you can. You have many pending tasks at KICAS and I will need you to finish them on time. I will not waste anymore of your time.”

Aastha turned and walked out hurriedly. Shaurya watched all this in silence. He couldn’t make any sense out of the conversation that just took place before his eyes. There were so many questions running across his mind but he didn’t know who to ask. He went behind Aastha and said, “Where are you going? You came here in my car. Come and sit inside. I will drop you at your house.”

“Thanks but I am not going back to Chandigarh tonight. I wish to spend some time at my house in Kapurthala. I will get a bus upto there from the highway.” Then she started walking away with slow, laboured steps. 

Shaurya watched her going and felt a dull ache in his chest. What was wrong with him? Why was he feeling so bad at the turn of events?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Nikki puttar, please don’t keep quiet. Tell me what has Madamji done to upset you so much? Why did you behave like that with her?” Rama asked.

“Because she has understood the difference between family and outsiders. That Madamji is a fraud. It is good Nikki has seen her true face before it is too late. To think of her guts, trying to get me arrested for marrying off my own daughter. She got her way because Nikki was underage. Let me see how she stops me this time.” Mr. Bhalla said arrogantly.

Both Rama and Anokhi looked at him in shock.

“What do you mean, Bhalla ji?” Rama asked.

“Nikki’s marriage, what else. I went and talked to Monty’s father. After a lot of persuading, I have finally managed to convince him to agree to this alliance.”

“How can you make this decision without asking me, Papa ji? I will never marry Monty.”

“You will do as I say. You have brought enough bad name to our family. You have made it impossible for us to walk around this village with our heads held high. Now it is your job to correct your mistakes.” Mr. Bhalla declared.

“I had thought you had genuinely accepted me back. I thought that these six years have made you realise your mistake, that you regret the decision that you made in the past. I thought you all missed me just the way I did.”

“I do not but if you don’t agree to this marriage, I will make you regret it badly.”

Rama got up and held her husband’s hand, “Please calm down Bhalla ji. Can we go inside and talk?”

Rama and Mr. Bhalla went to their room and closed the door.

Anokhi waited outside anxiously. After some time, they came out. 

“I am sorry Nikki puttar. Your father is right. You will have to agree to this marriage.” Rama said.

“What are you saying Maa? You know what happened in the past?”

“Just listen to me first, then decide for yourself what you want to do.” Rama said, holding Anokhi’s hand. “You know that Raja had always wanted to go abroad. He said there were better job prospects and he would send money home. So your father borrowed money from Monty’s father to meet the expenses for Raja’s trip. It has been 2 years since he left but he hasn’t sent a penny home. On the contrary, we had to keep sending him money. This has exhausted all our savings. We had to sell our land, yet your father couldn’t collect enough money to settle the debt. Now he is having to work for Monty’s family without pay till he pays off the debt. Given the amount of money we borrowed, he will not be able to do so in his lifetime. But they have agreed to free us of the debt if you marry Monty. He is still interested in you. Infact, today he convinced his father to forget the past and agree to this alliance. Puttar, we are putting a huge responsibility on you but we wouldn’t have done it if there was another way.”

Anokhi felt as if the world was crashing down around her. She couldn’t keep her balance and collapsed on the floor.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Shaurya beta, oh I have been looking for you since afternoon. Where have you been? Anyways, I have something to give you and I can’t wait any longer. Come with me.” She held his hand and dragged him to the kitchen. Then she handed a paper to him and said excitedly, “Here. Your Bade Papa has asked me to give it to you. This is the recipe you are going to make in the final round of the competition. Now, I want you to start practicing right away. Not even a week is left.” 

Shaurya looked at the paper for a while and frowned, “But Badi ma, Bade papa always mails his special recipes to me. He never writes them on a paper like this. Plus this is not even his handwriting.”

Devi looked uneasy for a moment and then said, “He was in a hurry to attend the meeting. So he didn’t get the time to write an email. He dictated it and I wrote it down.”

“What is it, Devi Bhabhi? What are you giving him?” Shaan said, entering the kitchen. He took the paper from Devi’s hand.

“That’s the recipe for the dish that I will prepare in the final round of the cookery competition.

Shaan went through it. Then looked at Devi angrily and said, “I won’t let you do this. I won’t let him get an unfair win.” He then tore the paper into pieces.

“What’s wrong with you, Shaan? Why did you do this?” Devi was appalled.

“This is Aastha’s recipe. I won’t let anyone else take credit for it again.”

“Who said this is Aastha’s recipe? Tej has given this to me.” Devi said.

“Oh, in that case there is no damage done. Tej Bhaisahab is sitting in the living room. We will go and ask him right now. Shaurya, come with me.” Shaan didn’t wait for them to react and went straight to Tej.

Devi ran behind him shouting, “Shaan, it is not right to disturb him. He has just now returned from office. Let him take some rest.

Shaan didn’t pay any heed to her words. He went near Tej and asked him, “Bhaisahab, can you once again describe the recipe that you prepared for Shaurya’s competition.

“What recipe?” Tej looked at him, puzzled.

Shaan looked at Devi and said, “I suppose in your excitement you forgot to inform him about the recipe that you gave to Shaurya.”

“Why are you heckling us like that, Shaan? What spell has that woman cast on you.” Devi rebuked him.

“I am warning you Bhabhi. I will not hear another word against Aastha.”

“Stop it, you two. I don’t want our family members to fight for an outsider. Now stop this discussion here and go to your room. I am quite tired. The meeting went longer than I had expected.” Tej got up to leave.

“Everyone please wait.” Shaurya said loudly. He then went to Devi and said, “Is it true what Dad is saying? Please look into my eyes and say it. I know you won’t lie to me. I have always held you in the highest regard. Please honour it and tell me the truth. Have you taken the recipe from Aastha Kashyap?”

Devi didn’t answer and looked away.

“Why are you asking her? Whatever she has said about Aastha to you has been a lie. If you want more proof that this recipe was not prepared by Tej Bhaisahab then listen. I believe you took a cursory glance over it and noticed that one of the chief ingredients is almond milk. Tej Bhaisahab is allergic to almond milk. He cannot tolerate even a drop of it. He never uses it in his recipes. How is it possible that his best recipe will have almond milk?”

“I can see that Aastha has sent you prepared. Yes, I took the recipe from her. Shaurya has a right on her recipes. She told me she doesn’t want any credit for it. She just wanted to help her son. I was foolish to believe her. I should have foreseen her plan. She was planning to use it to create rift among us. That woman, after everything I did for her son, this is how she is repaying me.” Devi said.

“Enough Bhabhi. Don’t try to blame Aastha for your mistakes. You didn’t do anything for her son. You snatched him away from his mother because you wanted a child. And Tej Bhaisahab. You kept saying that Aastha stole our recipes. Today it is proved that it is you who needed to steal her recipes because she has always been better than you.” 

“Stop pointing fingers at us, Shaan. Don’t act as if you are completely blameless.” Tej said angrily.

“I am the one who is to be blamed the most. I had been selfish. That is why I couldn’t reveal the entire truth to Shaurya. But today I will tell him everything. I am sorry Shaurya. What you are going to hear now might turn your world upside down but I will have to do this. I was the one who betrayed your mother. I cheated her. I ruined her life. She was a pure soul who was happy with her small cafe where she experimented with her recipes and also earned her living. But we, the Sabharwals, became jealous of her progress and decided to use her talent for our benefit. Your Badepapa hatched a plan and I was the executioner….”

Shaan narrated the entire past to Shaurya who listened quietly, as if he had turned to stone.

“You can keep singing praises of Aastha but the truth is, she sold her son for money.” Devi pointed out.

“No, she didn’t sell her son. She had a right on that money but she didn’t want to put me in a dilemma and that is why she signed those custody papers. She knew that she had a difficult and uncertain life ahead. She didn’t want to drag Shaurya into it. Despite everything I did to her, she trusted me to take care of her son. That is why she gave away her most cherished right, the right to raise her own child, to his father. I am grateful that she did because I don’t know how I would have survived without Shaurya.” Shaan went to Shaurya and knelt before him. “I know you will not be able to forgive me after this. I deserve your hatred. But please keep my one last request. You and your mother have been apart too long. I know how painful it has been for you. Please patch up with her. She needs you.” 

Shaurya looked at his father’s beseeching eyes. Without saying anything, he got up and went to his room.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The phone once again vibrated as it’s melodious tone rang through the room. Anokhi was trying to avoid picking it up but the caller was relentless. She picked it up to see who it was. The name surprised her. Why was he calling her at this time of the night? She was in no mood to talk to anyone, least of all this person. She thought of cutting the call and putting her phone on silent mode but thought the better of it and received the call.

“I am so mad. I am mad at everyone. I am mad at my father, my mother, Badi ma, Bade papa, everyone thought of me as a toy who they could play with. They never treated me like a human with feelings. They did what they wanted with me, never took my emotions into consideration. They only thought about themselves, why?”

“Excuse me? Are you sure you dialled the correct number?”

“You are Miss Bhalla, right? I have been trying to get you on phone for an hour.”

“But why? I am not your therapist. Neither am I in a mood to dicusss your personal life. Bye” Anokhi was about to cut the call when Shaurya pleaded,

“Wait. Please listen to me. I know this is too late to call anyone. I am sorry if I woke you up from sleep but I was unable to get any sleep. It’s as if a storm has been blowing through my head. I really needed to talk to someone and I could think of no one but you.”

“I know I am supposed to feel honoured by this but trust me I am not. I have no interest in becoming agony aunt to an entitled brat who isn’t even ready to give his mother a chance to explain herself. My own life is pretty screwed up right now as the coming weekend I am getting married to a womaniser jerk to save my family’s honour and relieve my father's debt. I hope comparing our situations will make you feel a bit better. That's all I could do for you.” Anokhi disconnected the call and switched her phone off.

Shaurya kept staring at his phone and said to himself, “Married, but to whom? No, she can’t get married now. I have to stop her. But how?” 

Edited by Idiotboxer - 2 years ago
hemapadma1 thumbnail

Awesome! Episode nice twist how shourya help Anokhi and meet his mother waiting eagarly  for next episode...

Masquerader thumbnail

Thank you for the update.

I'm very curious to know how Shaurya will halt Anokhi's marraige.

LookatTheStars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Excited for the next update.... waiting