Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Q. Why does world not recognise bollywood like kpop/kdramas? - Page 5

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Lalakhun1

First you say I responded means i care

Then you assume I dont care ? πŸ€”

Then you said  you dont need me to care to point out what you think is wrong? And what you find wrong? That i am not interested in another culture? That is wrong for you, oh wait, not that, it is the sound, i made it sound like it is a virtue, i did not make any sound like that, if you are hearing sound of negativity, try cleaning your own brain and look for positivity. 

Nevermind what I am advertising, a negative mind will always see and hear and twist it with negativity even if there is nothing there.. 

Yes i am here, and i keep my discussions related to bollywood and actors, if you are here too, please concentrate on bollywood and not the users online.. If you have problem ignore my post or just press the report button 

Nice try at spinning.

But no, I'm not going to indulge in the little game of let's try to derail from the racism in what you wrote to what I said about your racism. πŸ˜†

Also, there was nothing positive about what you posted.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Nice try at spinning.

But no, I'm not going to indulge in the little game of let's try to derail from the racism in what you wrote to what I said about your racism. πŸ˜†

Also, there was nothing positive about what you posted.

Koreans racist AF tho. Go to any of their social media comment sections and have a look. Indians are ultra pro max benign in comparison. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Koreans racist AF tho. Go to any of their social media comment sections and have a look. Indians are ultra pro max benign in comparison. 

Could be. I haven't followed any of them. My social media list is mostly limited to people who make funny posts. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I have a theory. The nations that're on good terms with US, politically, enjoy the access to easily spread their soft power in US, and that does have a cascading effect world over. Of course, quality hone ko maangta.

So e.g. if say (and it's a big say πŸ’€) K-Pop were to emanate from North Korea, I doubt it'd be able to enjoy such reach. 

Good thing for India is that US-India relations are on an upswing, and will remain so for a long time to come. I predict Bollywood to start getting a better spotlight in Amreeka. Bas dhang ki picturein bana lein.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Woh kitne hi honge, hamara muqabla kaise kar sakte hain? We can be brutal towards our own brethren from North East. 'Chinki' is still used by lot more Indians than we should. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Simple. K-Dramas are short and to the point. 16 blissful episodes of quality content and super fluffy romance that makes you hug a pillow and roll around your bed feeling like a teenager again. I love Korean dramas and the men are gorgeous. 😍

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: etherealbeauty

Actually Indians are way too proud of themselves. SNS are full of 'proud to be indian' comments. Such comments come across as arrogant. Thoda humility dikhana acha hota hai. 

There are many countries. Their citizens don't shout I am proud to be American/french/Korean etc at every small achievement of their countries.

Sorry if it was off topic. I was irritated by such comments so bol diya.

Maybe they feel they have a lot to be proud of... Being able to achieve so much with so much adversities and surrounded by enemies and very unneighborly neigbors whose only achievement is attacking and blaming India

But I do get what you're saying... 

Infosys Narayana Murthy once said that Indians have the highest ego, per unit of achievement

He quoted several numbers and international examples to highlight what's holding Indian cities back from being world class. β€œThe biggest challenge for all of us, not just politicians or bureaucrats, is that we, Indians, have the highest ego per unit of achievement. I would humbly request, we be open-minded to those who have performed better than us,” he said.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: tapori

Woh kitne hi honge, hamara muqabla kaise kar sakte hain? We can be brutal towards our own brethren from North East. 'Chinki' is still used by lot more Indians than we should. 

Bro, you really have no idea about how racist Koreans can be. They call any slightly dark people as Africans and are obsessed with surgery. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't think it is necessarily true that the world recognizes KPop and not Bollywood. I think it is very contextual.

One of the reasons Korean content like Parasite and Squid Game gets worldwide following is because it speaks to some very real class divides most of us experience. K-pop appeals to young millennials and zoomers because it harkens to the era of bubblegum pop. Gender fluidity and self-expression as presented by the K-pop stars also appeal to people.

A long time ago, Bollywood was exceptionally popular in the Soviet Union. Many Eastern Europeans, Central Asians, and Russians love Bollywood movies. Raj Kapoor was immensely popular and strangely Mithun too. There are covers and remakes of Jimmy Jimmy Aaja in Ukraine, Russia, etc. its nuts. 

There is also a significant portion of the world that does not enjoy the bleakness of Korean media. Bollywood is huge in many parts of Africa, South East Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America. In some ways, Bollywood doesn't appear to have global recognition because a majority of those fans are non-white and economically disenfranchised.

One reason why Bollywood has faded a bit in recent times is that the end of the blockbuster is dead. We haven't been making films like DDLJ or HAHK for a while. Since the mid-2000s the escapist tones of Bollywood has changed. The content is either too real or down to earth to fulfill an escapist fantasy or just too dumb to get widescale appreciation.

As for Hindi TV serials, our best shows were in the eighties and nineties well before international cable and streaming. I bet if they were made today they would have their own fan following. Post Ekta Kapoor shows the majority of Indian shows have been trash

Also, just because everyone recognizes something doesn't mean that it's good or worth being appreciated. Remember - Tiger King was a global sensation - proving that humanity, in general, cannot look away from a trainwreck.