Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

I am not sure how to react that astha left without the child ..must be the trauma but I am slightly uncomfortable with this . She did come back and Devi made her accident and snatched full custody and Shaan was spineless.

I can understand shau in some manner is a product of his upbringing.i like that astha asked anokhi not to intervene in their relationship. 

Poor shau is sick ..will this help saakhi bond ? 

I want to know a Shaan pov on his sons current interaction with astha ...is he open to the whole mess coming out

Thanks a lot for your feedback. 😊

Devi and Tej will use it Against Aastha.

The next chapter you will get some Shakhi bonding.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Athiraachu

Astha's plight is so heart Breaking 😢

Devi's condition is a cliffhanger...but astha is not a woman to be intimidated...but she is in a vulnerable state...

i hate Shaan more and more 😤

He is root cause of Astha's pain and misery and Shaurya's too..more than tej and devi...Shaan is their culprit..

Shaurya and Anokhi's character development is really good...their layers are opening up...

i really want to see the contrast of Devi's manipulative & conditional  control over Astha's no nonsense behavior and affection as a mother and shaurya to realize it...

Really want to see a face off between Shaan and astha now...after these many years...astha should Really grill Shaan for instilling this hatred in shaurya...really want to see this...

Shaan astha was always intriguing ....since the serial spoiled their story ....it's their story all are interested in...🙂

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your feedbacks help to write better.😊

Well, Shaan didn't instill hatred but he could provide counter points for Tejvi's brainwashing.

I hope you will like the next chapter.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Thañku so much for your update was waiting since long for the update, as always you leave us amazed with your writing skills, will wait eagerly for the next update

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback. I hope you will enjoy the upcoming chapters.😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: GHKPM

Oh dear!!! Shaurya & his fainting spells (from the show)...not sure if I should laugh or feel bad for him...poor dude😍

Aastha's back story is very interesting , i like the way you have developed this...logical & more believable when it comes to this mom & son relationship especially...

Loving this & looking forward to how Anokhi deals with Shaurya more profesionally or is it more personally...😅😊💖

Ha ha, I included some special characteristics that was show in the show.

Glad that you are enjoying Aastha's backstory.😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

❤️ Shaurya toh bada kamzor bacha nikla... Itnu sa bhi tolerate nai hua.. 😆. 

I love how Anokhi keeps him up with task👍🏼 proud of manager lady... Sorry teacher lady... Astha trying to help Shaurya is sweet... We could possibly get smaller steps of mending relationship in your story. 

To answer your previous question about Shaan.. Shaan here too manipulated Astha.. So he does seem worse than the one in show.. Plus here he spineless too... 

Yeah, Shaurya is like Shaurya of the show. Very delicate.😆

Shaan did a marriage of compromise to advance the business. He tried supporting Aastha but had no say infront of Tej. He took away her freedom of choice but also put up an act of love 

Shaan in the show married out of love yet he had no say infront of Tej. He took away her freedom despite true love and also did nothing to unite mother son. Didn't even take care of his son. His love was useless.

Here atleast he is looking after his son.😆

Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I hope you are fine dear waiting eagerly to read the next update of your story, hope you will update soon.

Athiraachu thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Idiotboxer

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your feedbacks help to write better.😊

Well, Shaan didn't instill hatred but he could provide counter points for Tejvi's brainwashing.

I hope you will like the next chapter.

Waiting for the update 😊😊😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Chapter 13 is here. Sorry for the delay. I will try to make the next update on time. Happy reading. 😳

Chapter 13

Shaurya opened his eyes and found himself in a strange place. He was lying on bed and covered with a blanket. He tried to get up but his head seemed to be made of iron. His eyes were burning. He closed them again.

“How are you feeling now?”

Shaurya opened his eyes and could see a blurred figure of a young woman standing in front of him. As his vision cleared, the form revealed itself to be Anokhi.

“Where am I?”

“Our house.”

“Your house? That means Aastha Kashyap’s house. No, I won’t stay here.” Saying this Shaurya forcibly got up but a sudden dizziness made him fall back to his bed.

“Calm down, Mr. Sabharwal. You need rest. The doctor has asked not to let you exert yourself. Here, I have got soup for you. Have this and then I will give you the medicines.” Saying this Anokhi helped him to recline with the support of a pillow and then held a spoonful of soup before his mouth.

“What soup is this?”

“Chicken soup without onions. Now will you eat?”

Shaurya took a sip. “I want to go home.”

“We have informed your father. He is on his way. Let him come and decide what needs to be done. Till then, you are our responsibility and we cannot let you go anywhere. Finish it fast.”

Just then they heard the doorbell ring. 

“Aastha Mam will get it.” Anokhi said as she held another spoonful of soup before him.

Aastha opened the door and found Shaan standing there. For a moment both were at a loss for words. 

A whirlwind of painful memories blazed past her and Aastha felt she was standing at the same place as she did thirty years ago, when this man first came to her door and changed her life forever.

She has become even more beautiful with time. Shaan thought to himself. The lines of maturity and experience gracefully adorned the corner of her eyes. The warmth and softness of youth has been replace with an almost contrasting mix of firmness and resignation. 

Finally he asked, “How is Shaurya now?”

“He just woke up. Anokhi has given him soup. Please come inside.” Aastha moved aside to make way for him “Come I will show you to his room.” 

As they neared the room, they heard Anokhi’s voice.

“Even I want you gone as early as possible. Because the room that you are currently occupying is mine”

“Anokhi, is this the way you speak to a sick person?” Aastha gave a gentle rebuke.

“What can I do? He has been continuously chanting about going home ever since he woke up. There is a limit to someone’s patience.”

“What did the doctor say?” Shaan asked.

“Viral fever. He needs a lot of rest and good food. Here is the prescription. We have got the medicines. Aastha Mam was saying Mr. Sabharwal catches cold very easily. And then it inevitably leads to fever.”

“You are Anokhi, right? I have heard a lot about you. I am Shaan Sabharwal, Shaurya’s Dad.”

“Pleased to meet you Sir.”

“Dad, if you are done with your introductions, can we please go home now?”

“See, wasn’t I telling you this?” Anokhi said.

“I think you should stay here tonight. No need to exert yourself. If you feel better tomorrow, we can go home.” Shaan said.

“But Badi maa will be worried.” Shaurya said.

“I have already told her that you are with me in Shimla. I didn’t want her to get anxious knowing about your illness.”

“Then you will also not be able to go home tonight.” Shaurya said.

“Don’t worry about that. I will check myself into a nearby hotel.”

“You can stay here if you want. For the night.” Aastha offered.

“No, Dad is not going to stay here.” Shaurya suddenly got riled up. He looked at Shaan and said, “Dad, I think you should leave now.”

“What is your problem if he stays here? This is our home and we are fine with it. And moreover, you wouldn’t like any of us ladies to accompany you in case you feel like using the washroom. And you are not in a position to go on your own. I hope you are getting what I am saying, Mr. Sabharwal.”

Shaurya didn’t say anything. He looked the other way and made a sullen face.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“You have to give up Shaurya’s custody.”

“Impossible. I can not use my son as a bargain to get money. No, never. You can leave.” Aastha turned her face the other way.

“You are too foolish, Aastha. Do you think you have any chance at getting better without this surgery? Haven’t the doctors told you that you are going to be paralysed for life. Tell me one thing, will the courts grant custody of a young child to a woman who cannot even get up from her bed. You are going to lose his custody anyways.”

“It doesn’t matter if I lose his custody but atleast I will be able to tell myself that I fought for him. I didn’t give up on him easily.” Aastha said defiantly.

“No wonder Tej calls you selfish. You only care about your own satisfaction. When your father came begging to us to save your life, even I felt pity for him. But you don’t seem to care a bit about that old man, whose drooping shoulders and weak knees can’t even carry his own weight. He had hoped you would become his support in old age but you are going to end up being a burden upon him. Neither do you care about Shaurya. You don’t take into account his mental trauma on being made to face gruelling questions in the court. Will you be able to do anything for him if you lie in bed all your life. Your stubbornness is going to cost both your father and your son dearly. We are giving you a chance to be there at least for one of them. And we all are there for Shaurya. I am there, Tej is there, Shaan is there.” Devi stopped there.

Aastha was quiet. Devi could sense that she was in deep thought. Her medicine was working.

Aastha then looked straight at Devi and said, “You must remember that Shaan and I are not yet divorced. And I have a right on his money. If I approach the court, he will be forced to pay me the money. But I will not do that. He is the father of my child. I do not want to make a spectacle of him in front of the world. So please stop with your cheap tactics and ask him to come and meet me.” 

“And do you think Shaan will go against his brother and give you money. Remember, Shaan is always going to choose his family over you.”

“The issue is between Shaan and me and I cannot take any step before talking to him.”

“I was trying to help you but it seems you are hell bent on ruining your life.” Devi got up and haughtily walked out of the room.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“If you don’t mind, can I help you with the kitchen work?” Shaan said standing at the kitchen entrance.

“I don’t think we need so many hands, Sir. We are only making khichdi for dinner tonight. You should be there with your son.” Anokhi said.

The rude dismissal in her voice did not escape Shaan. He looked at Aastha who turned her face away the moment their eyes met.

“Wow, khichdi sounds great. It has been so long since I tasted khichdi made by Aastha. She makes it taste like heaven”

“Some people don’t deserve heaven. They dig their way to hell with their own hands.”

“Anokhi, what is this? You must remember that he is our guest.” Aastha admonished her.

“Then he shouldn’t come and interfere in our work.” Anokhi retorted.

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to cause you any trouble. I will go and check on Shaurya.” Saying this he left.

“You shouldn’t have talked to him like that.” Aastha said.

“I am sorry Mam. Even though you don’t tell me anything, I can very well guess that this man is the reason for your pain. He could have prevented Shaurya from having so much hatred for you if he wanted. But he didn’t”

“Let’s not talk about it. The khichdi is almost done. I don’t know if Shaurya will like it.”

“It doesn’t matter. I am going to make him eat it anyway.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

That night at Sabharwal house.

“So what if she wants to talk to Shaan. Let her have this one wish.” Tej said on hearing about Aastha's condition.

“But you know that Shaan has a weakness for her. That is why I tactfully stopped Aastha’s father from meeting him. I am not even letting him go to work for the past two days on some or the other pretext. Astha's accident has given us such a nice opportunity to get Shaurya. Luck is on our side. I can't let Shaan spoil it.”

“We will have to counter that weakness with an even bigger weakness. Just send for him.”

When Shaan listened to everything, he gave a disgusted look to Tej and said, “I cannot believe you can stoop so low. A person’s life is hanging on balance and you are trying to use it for your own advantage. I won’t let you do that."

"She is getting the punishment for her mistakes. This is what happens when you go against the people who helped you." Tej said.

"I can't believe it. She is a part of our family. How can you talk like this? I am going to pay for all of Aastha’s expenses without asking anything in return.” Shaan was about to leave the room in anger when Tej called him.

“Wait a minute, Shaan. You care a lot about Aastha’s life but what about the life of this woman standing beside you.” Tej said, pointing towards Devi. “Look at her. She gave fifteen years of her life to this family. She has tirelessly worked to look after your comfort, your happiness but never asked anything in return. She has only wanted to be a good wife, bhabhi and mother. But look at her fate, her desire still remains unfulfilled. After her last miscarriage, the doctors had warned us that if she tries for kids again, her life might be in danger. But she was willing to take that risk just to have a child whom she could call her own. I tried to discourage her but she was adamant. Only when Aastha left and she got to spend more time with Shaurya that she forgot her pain for a while. Shaurya has given her a new life, Shaan. Don’t take it away from her.”

“But Aastha never stopped Shaurya from going to her. Aastha is Shaurya’s mother. I cannot take that right away from her.”

“What will she be able to give to Shaurya that Devi cannot? Devi cares for him more than Aastha. Aastha would make him sit inside the heated kitchen when she would work on her cooking experiments. It was Devi who took him out of there. Aastha left the house on a whim, never caring to think twice about her son. It was Devi who sat by his side all night. If Shaurya stays here with us, we will look after all his necessities. I am not only thinking about Devi, I am thinking about you too. See, if Aastha continues to be in his life, she will someday reveal the reason for her departure. Just imagine how much he will hate you then.”

“I have no time to think about all these things now. Aastha needs me, and I am going to help her.”

“I know you will speak in her language now. Fine, do what you want. But remember one thing, if anything happens to your bhabhi, I will never forgive you. I will forget that you were my brother and I will not see your face till the last day of my life.”

Shaan stood there motionless. Unable to decide what to do.

“Aastha wanted to talk to you. I am sure she will try to emotionally blackmail you into giving her money. But if you care a little about us, get these papers signed by her before you pay for her surgery.” Tej said, handing over the papers to him.

Aastha was lying with her eyes closed when Shaan entered her cabin. She saw him and gave a smile.

Shaan looked at her condition and had tears in his eyes.

“Have you got the papers?” She asked.

“I am sorry, Aastha. I was not left with any choice.”

“I know. I won’t force you to do anything that will make you go against your family, especially when our relationship was nothing but a compromise you made for your family. But I need the money. Devi bhabhi was right. I cannot be a burden on my father. Bauji has been going from door to door in search of a job but no one is ready to give him one at this age. His helplessness is more painful for me than my own condition. I need to be up on my feet soon so that I can support him.”

“Please stop worrying about all those things. Stress will only worsen your condition.” Shaan said.

Aastha smiled “How will I not when I am having to give away a part of me. I will sign these papers but before that I need an assurance from you.”

Shaan just nodded without saying anything.

So Aastha continued, “You are now going to be free from the relationship that was forced on you. I hope life will get a lot easier for you from here on. Promise me, you will always be there for Shaurya. You will not let anyone force him into any kind compromise like they did with you. And please see to it that your son doesn’t ever have to give up on his happiness for someone’s ego. And... give him so much love that he never feels my absence.”

“I promise you, Shaurya will never feel any lack of love. I will always be there for him.”

“Thanks. At least he will have one of his parents by his side. I know I failed him today. But what else was I to do? It was his bad luck that he got a mother like me who could not put him above everything else. Can you pass me the pen?” Aastha requested. She was trying hard not to break down as she took the papers in her hand. 

After Aastha had signed those, Shaan took the papers and quietly walked out of the room. He didn’t have to put in any effort to convince Aastha. Yet he felt as if a strong serpent had wrapped itself around him and was sucking his life out.

.................................................................................................................................................

“Good evening Mr. Sabharwal.” 

Shaurya opened his eyes and saw Anokhi keeping a bowl on the bedside table.

“What time is it?”

“Dinner time. How are you feeling now?”

“Better.” Shaurya said, sitting up. “I asked the actual time. I can’t read the clock without my glasses.”

“8:30. I have kept your dinner here. I hope you will be able to eat on your own this time.” Anokhi said, while taking out the medicines from the shelf.

“What is this?” Shaurya asked, looking at the bowl.

“Khichdi.”

“I don’t like khichdi.”

“This is the most wholesome food and ideal for sick people. Try it once. I bet you will like it.”

“What do you want to bet?” Shaurya asked mischievously.

“Excuse me?” Anokhi frowned.

“I think I was clear enough. What will you do if your prediction fails and I don’t like it.”

“I am in no mood to bet. I will take it back to Aastha Mam. She will decide what to do with you.”

“Come on. Be a sport. I am not asking you to bet something huge. What about reading me a spiderman comicbook. I have them saved in my phone.”

“Alright. Now finish your food fast. I will be back in a few minutes.”

When Anokhi returned, Shaurya’s bowl was wiped clean.

“What is in your hands?”

“Spiderman comics. I got them from Aastha Mam’s room. She has a huge collection.”

“Oh wow. Actual copies. Let me see. 1985, 1986. Oh my God. That’s a vintage collection.” Shaurya looked like an excited kid and he turned the yellowing pages of the comicbooks.

“Now tell me if I won the bet or not. Be true to your conscience.” Anokhi said.

“First tell me that you will read them to me in either case. Please.” Shaurya made puppy eyes.

“Why don’t you ask Shaan Sir to read them?”

“No way. He would go to sleep after reading a few lines.”

“Ok fine. So you accept your defeat?”

“Graciously. The second time.” Then Shaurya picked up one of the issues and handing it over to her, said, “Start with this one.”

Edited by Idiotboxer - 2 years ago
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Me first ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I must say I have no sympathy for Shaan and almost moving towards balant dislike .

Tej and Devi are worst bro bhabs prarents and people .. really vile.

I like the way anokhi is towards shaan ..maybe Shaurya can have benefit of doubt since be does not know the whole truth but shaan deserves every bit of it  

Liking this Sakhi Bonding 💕

Even I live comics but panthom was my fav ..

I like the way u explore emo bonding and how it evolves overtime

Edited by AnjuRish - 2 years ago
ShaKhi1820 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Spiderman book 😂😂

ShaKhi started having bond ❤

Lovely update 💜