Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Athiraachu thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Sabharwals are really vile...as expected...

i don't understand shaan....he spoke for astha against tej...this he could have done earlier and stopped ruining an innocent girl's life...

Shaurya has to give a reality check to Sabharwals in future and get one for himself before that...as he has Astha's innate goodness somewhere inside...

Anokhi is being respectful and being open to astha...

And keep Shaurya at his place...

i really like the flashbacks especially shaan Astha's convos...need more of it to know..whether shaan ever truly loved astha or was it just guilt...

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Is this another one of tricks or does he really find anokhi interesting???

Waiting to see astha open up 

Anokhi has much more backbone and I guess she will be smarter than astha by registering her dishes on YT or something

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Networker 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 8

😆 I can imagine pizza dough on her head like noodles on his... 🤪

I am waiting for this challenge to begin! No shame to learn as teacher either! Loved the confidence Shaurya had... I wonder if Astha will ever answer Anokhi about past... 

Shaan... Seems to be taking side for his wife.. But what's up with ultimately not getting work done... 

Saberwals should have always known Astha... 

GHKPM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Tej is really annoying ... i dont know how Aastha puts up with this family...

All this talk of food is making me hungry...pizza sounds great😉😊💖

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Lovely, delicious and delightful update, was waiting for this update and would love to wait for the next update please do 

Thank you for the lovely comment. Please keep reading and sharing your feedback.😳

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Athiraachu

Sabharwals are really vile...as expected...

i don't understand shaan....he spoke for astha against tej...this he could have done earlier and stopped ruining an innocent girl's life...

Shaurya has to give a reality check to Sabharwals in future and get one for himself before that...as he has Astha's innate goodness somewhere inside...

Anokhi is being respectful and being open to astha...

And keep Shaurya at his place...

i really like the flashbacks especially shaan Astha's convos...need more of it to know..whether shaan ever truly loved astha or was it just guilt...

Shaan has some conscience. He agreed to Tej's plan because he was emotionally blackmailed. But even he didn't know the extent to which Tej can go. 

I am glad you are liking Shaastha story. Perhaps Shaan himself doesn't know if he really loves her.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

Is this another one of tricks or does he really find anokhi interesting???

Waiting to see astha open up 

Anokhi has much more backbone and I guess she will be smarter than astha by registering her dishes on YT or something

He loves being challenged and challenging. So at present it is for harmless fun. 

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

😆 I can imagine pizza dough on her head like noodles on his... 🤪

I am waiting for this challenge to begin! No shame to learn as teacher either! Loved the confidence Shaurya had... I wonder if Astha will ever answer Anokhi about past... 

Shaan... Seems to be taking side for his wife.. But what's up with ultimately not getting work done... 

Saberwals should have always known Astha... 

Shaan never gets work done. 😆 Uski koi nahi sunta.

Pizza dough was also pasted on his face.😆

Anokhi will eventually get to know the past. Just a little more wait. I am trying to finish with the flashbacks before that.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: GHKPM

Tej is really annoying ... i dont know how Aastha puts up with this family...

All this talk of food is making me hungry...pizza sounds great😉😊💖

Yes, Tej is the real mastermind who just uses people and discards them.

Let's have a virtual pizza party.🥳

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Chapter 11

“Shaan, tell Tej Bhaisahab not to worry. I won’t teach any of the recipes that are used in Sabharwal kitchen, but from hereon I will also not work for him. I don’t want his money. I can’t let my recipes be restricted to only a handful of people who can afford to eat at Sabharwal Kitchen.”

“Aastha, please try and understand. You have so many responsibilities in this house, Shaurya is so small. You will not be able to give attention to him once you start the cooking class.”

“Shaurya has started attending school now. I will run my classes when he is in school. And as for housework, I will manage it somehow. Earlier only Devi Bhabhi and I managed everything. Now Gayatri is also there. You don’t worry.”

“You are not understanding the seriousness of the situation, Aastha. Tej Bhaisahab is already not happy with you interfering in business. Now if you go ahead and open your school, it will become the cause of a big conflict. Think about Shaurya, how badly these constant fights will affect his mind.”

“Yes, I have thought about him. And I have tried to overlook many of the wrongs in this house to avoid conflicts. But the injustices don’t go away. I feel suffocated here. Tell me one thing. How will I raise a happy child when I am not happy myself? Sometimes I feel like taking him and running away from this cage.”

“Try to put yourself in my situation and think about it. I am getting pulled from both sides by Bhaisahab and you. Please don’t make me choose between the two. Bhaisahab is rigid but you are understanding. That is why I ask you for compromises. Perhaps with time, he will open his mind and try to see where you are coming from. We have to have a bit of patience. Can’t you do that. for me, for Shaurya?

Aastha took a deep breath and then nodded in the affirmative.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Shaurya was driving his car through the market area when his phone started ringing. He parked it at the side of the road to take the call. He was busy talking on the phone when suddenly, in the rear window, he saw the dikki of his car suddenly open and then close. Alarmed by this sudden trespass, he got out of the car to confront the intruder. But he was not ready for the shock awaiting him. As he opened the dikki he found, crouched inside it like a baby, his cooking teacher, Miss Anokhi Bhalla. 

“What are you doing in my car’s dikki?” Shaurya asked, incredulously. 

Anokhi jumped out immediately and said, “I am sorry. I didn’t know it was your car. A goon was chasing me. I had to hide here to save myself.”

“Sorry? You should be happy that it was my car. It could have been the car of a more dangerous goon than the one you were hiding from. And in the whole market place you didn’t find a better place to hide than the dikki of a car. From where do you get such stupid ideas?”

“I said I am sorry. I just did what came to my mind at that moment. You don’t really get much time to chalk out your plan of action when someone is chasing you. But thanks for the lecture. I will keep in mind your advice the next time I am running for my life. Bye.” Anokhi said as she started to leave.

“Wait, Where are you going? The person who is after you might still be around. Come, get inside my car. I will drop you home.”

Seeing her still hesitating, he said, “You had no problem getting inside the dikki of a stranger but you cannot sit inside the car of your student. Am I that unreliable?”

“No. Okay, I am coming with you.”

“Thank god.” Shaurya said, opening his car door for her.

During the drive, Shaurya asked, “By the way, I think you should inform the police if someone is troubling you. Do you know this person?”

“Yes.”

“Then why are you not going to the police?”

“He has not yet harmed me. He was trying to talk to me but I don’t want to have anything to do with him.”

“So are you waiting for him to harm you and then you will go to the police?” 

“But, what will I say to them?”

“Look, the man is repeatedly following you and trying to talk to you. Even when you don’t want to. Am I correct?”

“Yes.”

“Then it is a case of stalking which is punishable by law. We are going to the police station now and you will lodge a complaint.”

“Even Aastha Mam says the same thing. But it is not so easy. His father is a very influential person in our village. If I complain against him, they might take it out on my family.”

“Your family? But as far as I know you are Aastha Mam’s adopted daughter.”

“Yes. But my parents are still there, in a small village near Kapurthala.” Anokhi stopped. “You can drop me here. Thanks.” Anokhi said, as the car pulled over.

Shaurya was curious to know more about her past but thought it was not the right time.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Aastha used to donate a part of her salary to an NGO which worked for orphan children. One day they told her about a delegation of prospective international donors visiting their orphanages. The founders wanted to arrange a luncheon for the delegation at Sabharwal Kitchen, the finest diner in the city. But the price Tej had quoted for a buffet spread was far beyond their capacity. 

Aastha tried to talk to Tej to be a bit lenient but in vain. 

“Don’t worry Swati, we will find some way out.” Aastha said to the member of the NGO after coming out of Tej’s office.

“We really need this occasion to be a success. If they are happy with our welcome, they might be more kind with the funding.” 

“Why don’t you talk to some other restaurants?” 

“Some of them have bookings on that day. The others don’t offer the kind of menu we are looking for. And none of them are as good as Sabharwal Kitchen.”

“Give me a day’s time. I will see if I can do something.”

That night, Aastha could not sleep. She got up from the bed and went and stood by the window. She had made a decision and she knew it would not be liked by anyone in the house. She looked at a sleeping Shaan. No, she couldn’t tell him. She didn’t want to put him in a difficult situation. It was her decision and she would face the consequences alone.

She went to the orphanage the next day and said to Swati “Do one thing. Book a restaurant that you find within affordable range. I will take care of the food. Just inform them that we will need their kitchen and some helpers.”

“Are you going to cook for us? Nothing can be better than this. I have visited your old cafe a couple of times and I still can’t forget how good the food was.” Swati was elated at this offer.

Aastha gave an uneasy smile seeing her excitement. She would have to face Tej’s ire for taking this step but she had to do it for the sake of the orphan children. However, she never imagined the repercussions could be so serious.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

That night, Shaurya was passing by his father’s room when he saw him sitting on his rocking chair with his eyes closed. An old song was playing in the music system.

Shaurya quietly walked up to him and said softly, “I know you are thinking about her. Why don’t you understand that it will only give you more pain.”

“I like this pain, Shaurya. I have not overlooked my responsibilities towards you. I tried to be the best father I could be. I have given you everything you wanted. But I cannot give you this. Please don’t ask me to forget her.”

“Does she remember you? You should see how happy she is in her life.”

“If you are telling the truth then none would be happier than me.”

“Why? Why should you care about her happiness? I have been seeing you since childhood how every night you would listen to these songs and reminisce about her. Sometimes you would go through her belongings and sometimes you would just close your eyes. She doesn’t deserve to even be in your memories. I cannot see you like this. It makes me hate her even more.”

“She is your mother, Shaurya. Hating your mother will only hurt you.”

“She is not my mother. Badi maa is my mother. She has looked after me when you went out for work. She fed me with care when I refused to eat. She looked after me when I was sick.”

“Yes, and she did all this by snatching..” Shaan could not finish. If he told the truth to Shaurya now, he would have to accept his own role in the separation. 

“What are you trying to say?”

“Nothing. It's getting late. You should go to sleep now.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

When Aastha returned after the luncheon that day, she found all the family members in the living room with grave faces.

Seeing her, Tej looked towards Shaan and said, “Ask your wife to pack her bags and leave. I have forgiven a lot of her mistakes but what she has done today is unforgivable. She has betrayed us.”

“I am sorry but I didn’t get you. When have I betrayed you? And this is my house. You cannot ask me to leave like this.”

“Shut up. You sold our recipes to our rivals. You didn’t think twice about the loss it could cost us.”

“I didn’t sell any of your recipes. I just offered to cook for them so that the NGO could afford the menu. They came to you also, but you declined to help them. And the food that I prepared for them were some of my own recipes that are not a part of Sabharwal KItchen menu.” 

“And you did that without our permission.”

“Why should I ask for your permission to help people? I used my skills, my creations to do that. Please don’t mind but you didn’t even inform me while taking credit for my work, forget about permission.”

“Aastha, don’t cross your limits. Do you know how you tarnished our reputation today? People have already started talking about a Sabharwal bahu slogging it off at our rival’s kitchen.” Devi said angrily. 

“I wouldn’t have to do all that had Tej Bhaisahab heeded my requests. I literally begged him to lower the quotation but he refused. He didn’t leave me with an option. Both Shaan and Alok were present. You can ask them.”

“I don’t want to have any arguments with you. You are not worthy of it. Take your belongings and get the hell out of here.”

“I can’t believe you are ready to throw me out of this house on such a minor issue. I can understand you all are upset. But is your family’s reputation more important than your brother’s happiness?” 

Then she turned to Shaan and said, “Shaan, tell him I am your lawfully wedded wife. I have a right to be in this house.”

Shaan looked at Tej and said, “Bhaisahab, please forgive her this once. I assure you she won’t repeat such a thing in future.”

“I haven’t done anything wrong, Shaan. It may have hurt your family’s reputation but I was left with no choice.” Aastha stood her ground.

“Look, how she is answering back to you, Shaan. She doesn’t deserve to be your wife or our bahu.” Devi interjected.

“I ruined my brother's life by getting him married to you. Many royal families were eager to give their daughters to us but we chose you. It was a big mistake on my part. You are not worthy of any favour.” Tej said, scornfully.

“I never asked you to do me a favour. It was Shaan who proposed to me first. It was you who came asking for my hand because your brother loved me.”

“You think too highly of yourself. What do you have that my brother would fall in love with you? You are just a good cook and that is all. I thought by making you a part of this family, we will give your recipes recognition and in turn it will help our business prosper. But it didn’t suit you. You want to be free to share your recipes with the world. Fine, we are freeing you. You are of no use to us now.”

Aastha could not believe what she just heard. She went to Shaan and held him by both his arms. Then she fixed a piercing gaze at him and began calmly, “Tell me if this is true. Did you marry me only because you wanted my recipes? Was your love just an act? Please answer me.”

Shaan could not look her in the eyes. “I am sorry Aastha.” He said, looking down. He didn't have the strength to lie any longer. 

Aastha became numb on hearing this. She let go of his arms and started walking towards the exit door. No one stopped her.