Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: mpks1

Thanks for sharing it in a large print. I read it and agree with her.

Now many will understand why I keep comparing the OG to this BS. Members get angry when I quote from the OG.

Also I did get offended by the religion aspect of it. They definitely made a mockery out of it. I am a very religious person and it did not go well with me. I did not want to point it out because I know what religion debate turns into  in IF. I have seen it all here 8-10 years ago.

Let me tell you a short story. My Dad died last year of cancer and my mom is managing alone in India and she is doing pretty well with support of us  daughters though we all  live in different cities. My parents were married for more than 50+ years. So when my Mom's siblings, my 3 wonderful Mamas are her support who live in the same city, suggested that my Mom keep my Dad's picture in the Pooja room, she blatantly refused, saying even though he is not with me now and I will never see him again, I am not going to do it any cost. My faith and love for God is something entirely different from what I had for my husband. I was really proud of her and supported her as well. I carry the same thinking as her.

So this whole thing about human equated God really pissed me off and definitely hurt my sentiments. 

I am not at all happy with the way they are executing this bedroom track and this is coming from a patient, positive person. 

I will still watch the show today to support the actors efforts, it's just the PH and the writers let them and us down big time😕

Prema ,🤗Big hugs to you. 

I hope you and your family have the strength to cope up with the loss. Thank you for sharing the heartwarming story of your mother and her belief. More power to her! 

I lost my sister-in-law this year to COVID, and she was just 42.  She was gone in 10minutes. Gone too soon, perhaps. Each day has been tough and trust me, Pandya store has been a massive diversion to keep me going. That's when I met you all wonderful people, and perhaps I am more attached to all the fun we have here than the show itself. 

Coming to the episode. It's ridiculous after a point. 

I was very emotional, till the brothers were remembering their childhood. The moment it turned into the Mandir scene, I lost it too! It was uncalled for and blah!!! No living person is worshipped like that at homes except during Kumari Puja or Gauri Gangor Puja where Devi’s Avatar is celebrated. That's during a Puja ceremony. Not randomly in the middle of the night in a blah manner!!!!! 

I am also going to give some context regarding the religious beliefs of some Hindu cultures in North, East and West India regarding equating parents to Gods. It's prevalent in many households, and after the death, we do place their photographs in the Mandir and worship them everyday till 7 years till we take them for their Sthapana in Bodh Gaya where all the forefathers find Mukti or Nirvana. There's a specific Puja month to worship only our forefather’s during Shraddh, where special food is prepared for them and fed to crows after praying in the Mandir with their photographs.

BUT ALL THIS IS DONE ONLY AFTER SOMEONE PASSES FOR THEIR HEAVENLY ABODE! 

Yeh nautanki that the brothers did is a joke! 😡😡

Edited by Transference - 2 years ago
mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Transference

Prema ,🤗Big hugs to you. 

I hope you and your family have the strength to cope up with the loss. Thank you for sharing the heartwarming story of your mother and her belief. More power to her! 

I lost my sister-in-law this year to COVID, and she was just 42.  She was gone in 10minutes. Gone too soon, perhaps. Each day has been tough and trust me, Pandya store has been a massive diversion to keep me going. That's when I met you all wonderful people, and perhaps I am more attached to all the fun we have here than the show itself. 

Coming to the episode. It's ridiculous after a point. 

I was very emotional, till the brothers were remembering their childhood. The moment it turned into the Mandir scene, I lost it too! It was uncalled for and blah!!! No living person is worshipped like that at homes except during Kumari Puja or Gauri Gangor Puja where Devi’s Avatar is celebrated. That's during a Puja ceremony. Not randomly in the middle of the night in a blah manner!!!!! 

I am also going to give some context regarding the religious beliefs of some Hindu cultures in North, East and West India regarding equating parents to Gods. It's prevalent in many households, and after the death, we do place their photographs in the Mandir and worship them everyday till 7 years till we take them for their Sthapana in Bodh Gaya where all the forefathers find Mukti or Nirvana. There's a specific Puja month to worship only our forefather’s during Shraddh, where special food is prepared for them and fed to crows after praying in the Mandir with their photographs.

BUT ALL THIS IS DONE ONLY AFTER SOMEONE PASSES FOR THEIR HEAVENLY ABODE! 

Yeh nautanki that the brothers did is a joke! 😡😡

Piu🤗 sorry for your loss. Hope your family is slowly recovering from  it. Death is something will take a while for us to accept especially when they are young like your SIL

Just like you this show is my diversion. Can I tell you something, I lost my FIL in March of this year who I talked glowingly about yesterday in regards to Indian Postal Services.  He was like my another father to me. My husband I had to cope 2 losses within a span of 9 months. That’s when I decided I will join IF back to divert myself and the haveli track was going to start. Here I met you all lovely ladies and I have shared more of my personal stories here than anywhere else.

That said, I managed through the LU but while doing so was not happy with the episode at all. But didn’t want to disappoint many here in t EDT who wait for LU’s. 
Aaliya does a great job but I just want to support her. 
Anyway this will go down as the worst episode for me in all of PS so far, next comes the danda episode.

I am going to write my final thoughts on this episode little latter when I am back home. 

Edited by mpks1 - 2 years ago
majoni03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shooting-Star

Rain mein karegi kya? Dream sequence? 😒

I dont understand why makers give so much screen space to Mami and Anita.They waste so much time on them. They can give some good scenes to Raavi instead. 

raindropsroses thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Prema, Piu. I’m very sorry both your losses. What you’ve shared is very personal, I’m happy you’re comfortable enough to share that with us. I hope you feel better now compared when you joined the forum. Big hugs to you both!

Thank you for sharing all that with us, I feel like I’ve learnt so much about different cultures and practises here these past few weeks. What you both shared is entirely different from what is practised at my own family. 
But yes, only after a person passes away never before, not even a picture, forget an actual living being.

Edited by raindropsroses - 2 years ago
raindropsroses thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raindropsroses

Prema, Piu. I’m very sorry both your losses. What you’ve shared is very personal, I’m happy you’re comfortable enough to share that with us. I hope you feel better now compared when you joined the forum. Big hugs to you both!

Thank you for sharing all that with us, I feel like I’ve learnt so much about different cultures and practises here these past few weeks. What you both shared is entirely from what is practised at my own family. 
But yes, only after a person passes away never before, not even a picture forget an actual living being.

Someone help me tag Prema and Piu 🙈

Fireflylane thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Edited by Sparklesparkle - 2 years ago
Scarysea thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Thank you for sharing all that with us, I feel like I’ve learnt so much about different cultures and practises here these past few weeks. What you both shared is entirely from what is practised at my own family. 
But yes, only after a person passes away never before, not even a picture forget an actual living being.

Tagging for Nivi

Scarysea thumbnail

Someone help me tag Prema and Piu 🙈

Done ❤️

Scarysea thumbnail

Prema and Piu, I echo Nivi here. We cannot even understand your losses but I feel humbled that you trust us enough to share it with us.🤗🤗 Loads of love to you 

spdp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sorry for both of your losses. 

these stay with us, for good. Wish you strength, Peace. 

Take care