Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Amazing loved the concept ❤️❤️Looking forward to the next chapter 😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manju1066

Amazing loved the concept ❤️❤️Looking forward to the next chapter 😊

Thank you. I hope you will like the upcoming chapters.

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Chapter 3

“Anokhi, wake up. What happened? Have your nightmares started again?” 

Anokhi opened her eyes and saw her Aastha Mam sitting by her side. She got up and hugged Aastha tightly.

“It’s okay dear. Calm down. No one is ever going to harm you.” Aastha said while gently wiping the sweat off her face.

“I shudder to think what might have happened if you hadn’t saved me that day.” Anokhi said, apologetically.

“It has been six years since that incident. You haven't had nightmares in a long time. Did something happen to bring them back?”

Anokhi looked down and said, “I got a call from Monty yesterday.”

“That jerk still has the nerves to call you.” Aastha lost her cool. “How did he get your number? Was he threatening you?”

“He must have got it from my brother. He expressed regret at what happened and wanted to meet me. He was asking for another chance.”

“And what did you say?”

“I asked him not to call me again and blocked his number.”

“Good. If he tries to call you again from another number, I am going to report him to the police. Even after everything, he hasn't learned a lesson.” Aastha said, and then looked affectionately at Anokhi. “I know you have been through a lot. It is not easy to forget the events of the past. But we should try our best not to let that affect our future. I will call up your counsellor tomorrow and fix an appointment. Is that fine with you?”

Anokhi nodded. 

Aastha smiled and said, “That’s like my girl. Now close your eyes and try to get some sleep. Don’t worry. I will be here by your side. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for you. The admission process for the next batch at KICAS is going to start. This institute was your dream. It was due to your hard work that we have got such an unprecedented number of applicants this year. I am sure you are excited to meet the new students.”

Since there was a shortage of administrative staff at KICAS, Anokhi had taken up the responsibility of collecting the application forms and shortlisting the candidates for interview.

They got students from all walks of life, housewives, students, aspiring chefs, but this was the first time they got someone with such an extraordinary resume. Anokhi went over the form carefully once again. A frown appeared on her forehead. 

“Mr. Shaurya Sabharwal. Masters in Business Administration from London School of Business. You have an expertise in Mexican, Chinese and French cuisine. I am so sorry but I don’t think this is the right place for you. You are already so accomplished.”

“Excuse me. I never knew having a good qualification was a criteria for rejecting students.”

“I didn’t mean that Mr. Sabharwal. All I am saying is you are already an expert. So there is really nothing that we can teach you.”

“That’s not true Miss...may I know your name?”

“Anokhi..Anokhi Bhalla.” The girl said, getting impatient.

“Yes, Miss Bhalla. You are definitely hiding some secret in your kitchen that made your besan ka halwa defeat our choicest desserts. I wish to learn that.”

Anokhi looked at him suspiciously and said, “We have no secret. Cooking is like any other art form which needs dedication and perseverance in addition to skill. And likes or dislikes are entirely personal.  I am sure another person would have preferred your desserts over our halwa. Anyhow, you can wait outside. Many more candidates are waiting in line. We will screen these forms and let you know by afternoon if your admission is confirmed.” Anokhi said, with impatience in her voice.

“Sure, but be ready with some concrete reasons in case you decide to reject my application.” Saying this, Shaurya went outside.

Had he looked behind for once he would have seen how Anokhi had broken the pen in her hand into two parts imagining it to be his neck.

“Impossible, he cannot get admission here. I don’t want anything to do with the Sabharwals. Just cancel his form and ask him to leave.” Aastha said, getting down from the stool agitatedly. She was cleaning the kitchen chimney when Anokhi came and informed her about this curious case.

“But Mam, on what basis shall we reject him?”

“I don’t know. Just find some excuse.” Aastha said, looking very desperate.

“Please calm down. Even I don’t want him here. His whole personality reeks of arrogance.

“Anokhi, it is not right to judge anyone based on your first impression. You don’t know anything about him to form such a negative opinion.” Aastha said in a reprimanding tone.

Anokhi was not ready for this reaction. She was a bit taken aback but nevertheless said, “All I know is that he is a Sabharwal scion. They are powerful people and that is also why we cannot outright reject him. You know it will bring a bad name to our Institute.”

Aastha said, as if speaking to herself, “But why is he here? I am sure the Sabharwals would never allow him anywhere near us, let alone become a student here.”

“I think it has something to do with our delivering sweet boxes at Sabharwal kitchen. It bruised their ego. Perhaps he has not come to learn from us but to test us. The contempt in his tone during admission didn’t escape me.”

“I never wanted to start this food delivery thing. I knew the CM’s request was going to cost us dear. That is why I insisted on keeping a low profile. Our small one room cooking class at Kapurthala was so much better. I could focus all my time and energy on cooking and teaching. But you had to make it famous, the best in the country. You uprooted us and brought us here to Chandigarh. I shouldn’t have sent you to study hotel management. I don’t know why I always give in everytime to your demands.” Aastha went on ranting.

“Because you love me like no one else.” Anokhi went and gave Aastha a tight hug.

“Oh God, look what you've done. Couldn’t you see I was covered in soot? Your entire dress is spoiled now.”

“That is not my fault. Even though we have cleaning staff, you always insist on cleaning the kitchen by yourself. What will the students say when they see their founder director in such a messy condition?”

“So what are you for? You have to make sure they don’t see me like this. By the way, where is this new student?”

“I have asked all the candidates to wait outside the administrative office. He should also be there. Now stop worrying about this new student. If Shaurya Sabharwal tries to act smart with us, I will show him who Anokhi Bhalla is.” Anokhi said with a lot of determination. 

“That I am sure you will but please go a bit easy on him. You see he is not like others.”

Anokhi frowned, “You seem to have already developed a lot of sympathy for him.” 

“You are imagining things. Now go and inform the students who have been shortlisted for admission and ask Mrs. Singh to take the interviews. Wait, go and change your clothes first.”

Anokhi looked at her a bit surprised. “It is you who takes the interviews of the shortlisted applicants. Why are you asking Mrs. Singh?”

“If I do everything, how will the others learn? Mrs. Singh has assisted me with the interviews earlier. I am sure she will manage it. I have to clean the kitchen and prepare it for tomorrow’s classes. Now stop giving me that look and go to your work.”

Anokhi understood that Aastha was very much affected by this new admission. There was certainly something in the past that she was reluctant to reveal. Aastha had never shared her past with Anokhi nor had Anokhi forced her to do so. She didn’t want to make her uncomfortable. 

As Anokhi left, Aastha gave out a sigh of relief. The news of Shaurya seeking admission at the institute was enough of a shock for her today. It will take some time for her to muster sufficient courage to face the past that she had been desperately trying to forget for the past 2 decades yet failing miserably.

Nisa019 thumbnail

Interesting update. Pls continue, dear 🤗

anjali9996 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Loved it

Pls continue, dear

Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Let's see how this role reversals help and where the story progresses will wait eagerly for the next update please 

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Already he is on anokhis bad side due to attitude I guess 

Will.astha tell anokhi about the past 

I guess anokhi so that person who has kept astha sane after the betrayals in her life and perhaps her weakness and strength

Waiting to see how all three collide

Manju1066 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Loved it.looking forward to the next chapter 😁💕

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali9996

Loved it

Pls continue, dear

Thanks, continue reading and giving your feedback.😊

Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Let's see how this role reversals help and where the story progresses will wait eagerly for the next update please 

I hope you will enjoy the role reversals. Keep reading and supporting.😳