Fan Fictions

ILYLTF #5 (Chapter 145 - Page 110) - Page 57

TaniDMGlover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hellooooo!!! I am so so so glad to have you back and am also sorry for the super late comment but nonetheless let’s just get to it :D 

I think the best part of this story is how you dive deep in every relation...Like I absolutely adore how you show Ridhima’s bonds with the Maliks specially with billy and even the Rahul and ridhima moments are so so well described...Too good! 

However the heart stealer for me ought to be the AR moments...Yaar how is Armaan so damn good, matlab your story to by default makes me fall in love with him again and again and again (if that’s even possible)! 

I loved his surprise and specially how he got Smriti’s books for ridhima and of course the way he explains to Ridz that their relation will never change irrespective of work schedule...matlab tooooo gooddd!! 

Pls pls pls update soon (a full on AR episode would be immensely loved :p) but until then I hope you and your loved ones stay safe :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

garimaksgian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Heyy..

I have jst cam across ur ff 2 days ago. Firstly i m shocked y i hvnt seen ur ff before. i was missing dmg so thought of reading some ffs n come across ilyltf i jst loved it. I jst loved ur writing plzz do pm me whn u update now i m going to read ur another ff the distance between us

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On...

Riddhima & Rahul come back from Delhi. Armaan surprises Riddhima with a home office.

Things got busy after Valentine's. It was as if suddenly everybody in Armaan & Riddhima's life realized just how close they were to the wedding and how little they'd actually got done to prepare for it.

Very quickly, all their days were a whirlwind of choices and decisions, for both the wedding and their house. Both Armaan & Riddhima went on multiple shopping trips both together and separately, in order to plan for their big day.

The gang was all super excited for the wedding, having waited for it for so long, and they'd thrown themselves head-first into helping very enthusiastically. Somedays Armaan was very irritated with how opinionated they all were, because it wasn't their wedding, thank you very much, and the girls seemed to be able to talk Riddhima into things he definitely knew that she did not want, and neither did he, just because they thought it'd be cute.

"Basket, do we really need a dog at the wedding?" Armaan asked one rare night that they'd wrapped up early and he'd managed to whisk her away for a quick walk.

"Di really wants them, Armaan," she replied.

"Anjy ki shaadi nahi ho rahi hai, Basket. Humaari ho rahi hai. And… Agar tumhe yeh chahiye, toh it's okay, but mujhe definitely nahi chahiye," he told her.

"I mean… Whenever I thought about us having a dog, it was definitely after the wedding, not during. But Di was showing me these pictures and the couple did a photoshoot with a dog and she just kept gushing about it. And I guess… I just gave in," Riddhima explained.

"I know," Armaan murmured. "And I agree. That photoshoot was really cute. But that's not exactly us, is it? Ab agar tum kehti ki tumhe basketball ke saath photoshoot karna hai, I'd have understood. But dog?"

"You're right. You're absolutely right. Lekin main… you know that Di and Nikki and Muski are very important to me. And they've waited for the wedding for so long, just like we have. Main unhe disappoint nahi karna chaahti. At least Rahul has been able to reign Atul in, warna mujhe pata hai ki woh yeh suggest karne wala tha ki hum kisi jungle type jagah pe saari ceremonies kare kyuki woh sab nature ke paas hain," Riddhima giggled.

"Well, thank god for that!" Armaan exclaimed. He wrapped his arms around Riddhima and pulled her close, taking a moment to push stray hairs out of her face and tuck them behind her ear before hugging her. "But… you know yeh humaari shaadi hai, right? Anjy, Nikki, ya Muski… unhe bohot excitement hai, I agree. And woh humaari itni help kar rahe hain uske liye I'm very grateful, par… Basket yeh unki shaadi nahi hai. Aur woh iss tarah ke final decisions nahi le sakte. I think humein ek baar unse baat karni chahiye. What do you think?"

Riddhima nodded into his neck, making Armaan smile. "Done then. Kal sabse baat karenge, okay?"

"Dr. Armaan Mallik?" A pretty girl asked at the nurse station, making Sister Lovely look up.

“Hello ji,” Sister Lovely replied. “Dr. Armaan? Ji kya kaam hai aapko unse?”

“Milna hai unse. Unse kehna ki Diya aayi hai,” the girl, Diya, said.

“Oh! Ji woh toh iss waqt surgery mein hain, ji,” Sister Lovely replied after checking the roster. “Kuch urgent kaam tha?”

“Mujhe unse milna hai,” Diya repeated. “Abhi.”

“Oh ji, aap toh nahi mil sakte,” Sister Lovely repeated. “Maine kaha na, woh surgery mein hain.”

Before Diya could say anything else, Rahul had walked up to the nurse station and demanded Sister Lovely’s attention. “Good morning, Sister Lovely,” he greeted. “Shoaib ke reports aa gaye honge? Children’s ward, bed 56?” He asked.

“Ek minute ji,” she told Diya and Rahul both, turning away at her desk to find the file that Rahul had asked for.

“Yeh lijiye ji, Dr. Rahul ji,” she said, producing the reports a minute later. “Ji Dr. Vicky ne kaha hai ki sab reports normal lag rahi hain ji, aur hum Shoaib ko jaldi chutti de sakte hain.” Rahul nodded and opened the file to study the reports.

Impatient, Diya huffed. “Dr. Armaan, Sister Lovely?” She asked.

“Ji main keh rahi hoon na. Aap abhi nahi mil sakti. Unki surgery bas aadhe ghante mein poori ho jaayegi,” Sister Lovely informed her.

Rahul perked up at Armaan’s name and turned to see Diya standing there, obviously irritated.

“Dr. Armaan?” He asked her. “Unse kya kaam hai aapko?”

“It’s personal,” Diya replied. Rahul nodded, but prepared himself for the worst. If this woman turned out to be some ex of Armaan’s, they were gonna have a day™. Riddhima was pretty okay with the long parade of exes Armaan had, all things considered, but it seemed like these days it was Armaan who didn’t like reminders of his colourful past.

“Ummmm,” Rahul fumbled before replying. “Right, of course. Hi, I’m Rahul. Armaan is a friend of mine. Woh thode time mein surgery se free ho jaayega and then you can meet him.”

“Diya,” she introduced herself. “Ugh! I can’t believe ab mujhe usse milne aur wait karna padega. I’m really busy! He hasn’t replied to my messages for ages aur phone pe bhi baat nahi ho rahi!”

“I’m sorry,” Rahul replied, genuinely feeling bad about this. He knew it was difficult to get in touch with any of them these days and it seemed that she had borne the brunt of it. “Why don’t we wait at the cafe? You can have some coffee, and I’ll page him to come see me.”

“That… sounds nice,” Diya replied. “Thank you so much.”

“No problem,” Rahul replied, hoping he was not making a huge mistake. Was it a sign that she’d been trying to get in touch but Armaan had not given in to her attempts? Was it bad or was it good? He didn’t know. Generally when someone texted Armaan and he didn’t want to interact with them, he’d tell the person point blank that there was no space for them in his life. He didn’t know if Armaan not responding to Diya was a good thing or a bad thing, but it was too late now. He’d just have to wing it. He was good at winging it with Armaan. He’d had years of practice. He could handle this.

So, he took Diya to the cafe and bought her a coffee and some sandwiches. They made polite conversation for a while, talking about each other’s jobs and such till Armaan came running in.

“Diya!!” He cried, looking positively jubilant. So it was a good thing then, Rahul concluded. He was glad. He did not think he’d be able to handle an Armaan Mallik meltdown today.

“Armaan!” Diya matched his enthusiasm and was immediately pulled into a hug. “It’s so good to finally see you! Mujhe laga ki tum ab mujhse next birth mein hi miloge!”

As if a light bulb went off in Armaan’s head at that, he immediately pulled back and turned away. “Okay. Yes. That’s right. Main tumse gussa hoon,” he reminded himself.

“Armaan!” Diya whined. “This is not fair. Isme meri koi fault nahi hai.”

Armaan made a face. “I don’t care about the specifics. I’m mad.”

“Armaan! Don’t be like this. Tum messages aur calls ka bhi reply nahi kar rahe aur ab jab main yahaan aayi hoon toh bhi tum gussa ho. That’s uncool,” she told him. “You can’t be mad at me now.”

“Of course I can be,” Armaan fired back. “I can be so mad.”

“What are we mad at today?” Riddhima asked Rahul, taking a seat beside him. She’d just walked in with Nikki. Rahul just threw his hands up in the air. He had absolutely no clue about what was going on.

“Armaan!” Diya moaned. “Let it go na, yaar. Please!”

“Diya?!?!” Riddhima asked, surprised, delighted to hear a voice she hadn’t in years.

“Riddhima?” Diya turned to look at her, just as surprised.

“OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD!” Diya screeched. “Riddhima!!!! I can’t believe it. Hi!!”

Riddhima just grinned widely and pulled her into a tight hug. “Hi,” she murmured. “It’s so nice to see you! Wow. Hi. Tum yahaan iss tarah, achanak. Wow. I can’t believe it. It’s been like 6 years. Wow!”

“Tum dono ek doosre ko jaante ho?” Armaan asked, surprised.

“Of course, Armaan!” Diya replied, rolling her eyes. “You think main aise kisi ko bhi hug karti hoon?”

“Wow, Diya. So smart. I meant… tum ek doosre ko kaise jaante ho?” He clarified.

“But iske pehle tumne yeh toh nahi poocha tha. Tumne poocha ki hum ek doosre ko jaante hain ya nahi and it’s obvious ki hum jaante hain,” Diya answered.

Riddhima, Rahul, and Nikki all burst out laughing at that. “That is actually correct,” Rahul piped in. “Tune yehi poocha tha na. Armaan, it’s so obvious ki woh ek doosre ko jaante hain.”

“Shut up, yaar, Rahul!” Armaan whined. “Tu apni sidey commentary do minute ke liye band nahi kar sakta kya?”

“Nahi,” came Rahul’s pat reply.

“Saare kamine dost mujhe hi mile hain,” Armaan cribbed. “Tum sab jaise dost ho toh dushman ki toh zaroorat hi nahi haina.”

“Isliye toh hum dost hain, Armaan!” Nikki pitched in. “2 in 1. Tujhe dushman dhoondne ki mehnat karne se bacha rahe hain.”

“Hahaha, so funny,” Armaan replied sarcastically.

“I know,” Nikki answered smugly.

“Inn sabka aise hi chalta rahega. Coffee?” Riddhima asked Diya. Diya shook her head. “We just had coffee before you stopped by.”

Armaan continued to bicker with both Rahul and Nikki while the others stumbled in, one by one within minutes of each other. It was surprising that everyone in their group had a break at the same time. It was a very rare occurrence these days.

“Diya!” Anjali exclaimed. “Hi! How are you? Such a pleasant surprise!”

“So good to see you, too!” Diya replied, pulling Anjali into a quick hug.

“Anjy!” Armaan cried, breaking away from his fight. “Tum bhi Diya ko jaanti ho?” He asked.

“Tum bhi matlab kya? Aur kaun jaanta hai?” She questioned.

“Main,” Riddhima told her sister.

“Of course tum, Ridzy!” Anjali commented. “Hum sab ek hi college mein the!”

“Ohhhh, classmates, huh?” Armaan said, throwing an arm around Diya.

“Not exactly. Riddhima aur Anjali mere seniors hain, Armaan,” Diya replied. “Any problems?”

“Umm… no,” he answered, but then remembered he was supposed to be mad at her. “Actually, not no. No, matlab, yes… Matlab… yes… I mean! Haan. Problem hai. I’m still mad at you!”

“Armaan tum aise bachchon ki tarah kyu behave kar rahe ho?” Diya whined. “I said I’m sorry! Isme meri fault hai ki tumne itni jaldi engagement karli? I was in the US, Armaan! How was I supposed to reach on time?”

“Woh jo bhi ho,” Armaan muttered. “I got engaged and my favourite cousin was not there. So, mujhe gussa hone ka full right hai!”

“Isliye toh main aayi hoon,” Diya replied. “My favourite cousin got engaged and main ab tak uski fiancee se nahi mili hoon! That’s not fair!”

“Agar tum engagement pe aati toh you could’ve met her!” Armaan told her.

“This is so not done. Tumhe pata hai, Annie Masi aur Billy ne bhi mujhe yehi kaha. They didn’t even share pictures, Armaan! Mujhe dekhne toh do!” Diya cribbed.

“Well, at least Mom & Dad are on my side about this,” he murmured. “Shocking.”

“Please don’t start whining about how I’m their favourite now,” Diya told him. “Like I’ve said a million times before, not my fault I’m such an angel!”

“Ahhh, I’m so sorry, Diya,” Armaan replied, not sounding sorry at all. He was all sorts of smug, actually. “But did you not hear? Tum ab Mom Dad ki favourite nahi ho. That spot has been taken.”

“Really? Please, there’s no way!” Diya said. “Everyone knows Annie Masi likes me best.”

“Sorry, can do, sweetie. Ab woh spot meri fiancee ka hai,” Armaan announced proudly. “Which, you would know already agar tum engagement pe aati.”

“Armaan! Don’t be so mean!” Diya cried. “You’re such a pain in my a**!”

“And proud of it,” Armaan answered.

“Can you please just stop for one second?” Nikki pleaded. “Kitna chillate ho, yaar.”

“Oh, sorry, Nikki!” Armaan immediately apologized.

Armaan had been getting increasingly protective over Nikki as the pregnancy progressed. With just a couple months left for the baby to get here, he was in his overbearing mode, and Nikki’s word was the law. While the others found him annoying at times, Riddhima was just about to burst with affection. It was so nice to see Armaan this way. In all the time Riddhima had known him, he’d always been insanely protective of Nikki, but this was different. The way he always got soft and happy around Nikki was such a joy to witness. Whenever she saw him like that, she couldn’t wait for it to be her he’d be fussing over. Granted, at the time, she might be just as annoyed by his placations as Nikki was right now, but she still could not wait. Armaan would be the best father. She knew he would.

“Diya tumhaari cousin hai?” Anjali asked Armaan, now that they’d all settled down.

Armaan nodded. “Yes! Diya ki mom mom ki behen hain,” he explained.

“You know what?” Anjali replied, remembering the few times she’d met Diya’s mom and the time she’d spent with Annie Aunty, “That makes 100% sense.”

Armaan laughed at that. “Yeah. Sukanya Masi aur Mom bohot zyada similar hain.”

“Annie Masi is cooler, though,” Diya pointed out.

“Woh tujhe cool isliye lagti hai kyuki tu unke saath rehti nahi hai. Just like mujhe Sukanya Masi zyada cool lagti hai,” Armaan countered.

“Yaar, tum dono kitne cute ho!” Muskaan commented, pulling Armaan’s cheeks. “Hero! Tune kabhi bataya nahi ki teri cousin hai! Main tujhe apni family se milwana Patiala tak leke gayi, lekin tujhse itna bhi nahi hua ki mujhe bataye ki teri itni cute si cousin hai?”

“Tu Patiala ki yaad mat dilaa, Muskaan ki bachchi. Abhi bhi daraawne sapne aate hain mujhe woh din yaad karke. Sapne mein bas lassi aur paraanthe ghoom rahe hote hain. Aur thaali aur chamach, woh silver wali, jaisi teri mummy ne bheji thi mere liye,” Armaan cribbed.

“Itni achchi plate thi, yaar! Uske baare mein bura kyu bol raha hai?” Muskaan complained. “Tujhe na… kisi cheez ki value hi nahi hai. Meri mummy ji ne itne pyaar se bheji tere liye lekin tujhe bilkul kadar nahi hai!”

Armaan just made a face at her.

“You two are so cute together!” Diya exclaimed, making everyone turn to her.

“What?!?!” Armaan burst out.

“You and your fiancee are very cute, Armaan,” she repeated.

Muskaan started laughing at her words, and slowly everyone else did too. “Oyye! Tujhe lagta hai main iski fiancee hoon? Main? Tu mujhe lottery ke 25 lakh bhi laa degi na, toh bhi nahi!”

“Muskiiiiii,” Armaan whined. “Itna bura thodi hoon main?”

“Exactly,” Nikki cut in. “Tum usse bhi zyada bure ho.”

“Eh Nikki, yaar! Tu kyu jabse mere bhai ko pareshaan kar rahi hai?’ Atul jumped to Armaan’s defense.

"Atul, tu beech mein mat pad," Muskaan said. "Waise bhi tu aur yeh Rahul bas Armaan ke chamche bane rehte ho poora din!"

"Ab main kahaan se beech mein aa gaya?" Rahul moaned. "Tujhe bas mauka chahiye hota faltu mein mujhe taana maarne."

"Aur waise bhi apne bhai ki side lena chamchagiri thodi hoti hai! Tum girls abhi toh hamesha ek doosre ki side leti ho," Atul complained. "Bas hum logon ke time tumhaari baatein banti hain."

"Exactly! Champ is right," Rahul agreed and Armaan nodded furiously.

"Aur yeh kya tu unn dono ko chamcha bol rahi hai?" Armaan asked. "Bhai hai mere. Toh meri hi side lenge na. Aur waise bhi itna cool hoon, agar main tera fiance hota na toh tu kitni lucky hoti!"

"Kitni lucky hoti yeh toh main dekh chuki hoon, Dr. Mallik. Babaji, thank you, aapne mujhe iss idiot ki biwi ban'ne bacha liya," Muskaan looked up and sent a prayer. "Warna mera kya hota?"

"So mean, Muskaan!" Armaan cried.

The girls all laughed while Armaan made faces.

"Lekin phir, Armaan, who's your fiancee?" Diya asked, bringing them back to the original topic.

Riddhima blushed and looked away, making Armaan grin wide. "Right. My fiancee. Mujhe nahi milwana tujhse," he teased.

"Armaan!" Diya exclaimed. "Tum itne annoying kyu bann rahe ho? Stop this useless teasing. Mujhe milna hai toh milna hai, bas."

"Armaan, don't be an a**," Anjali chimed in. "Diya specially tumhaari fiancee se milne aayi haina cause she wasn't at the engagement. Toh milwa dona. Stop playing your stupid games."

"But Anjy…" Armaan whined.

"Shut up, Armaan," she cut him off.

"Anjali ki baat suno, Armaan! She's smart," Diya told him.

"Okay, okay. Fine!" Armaan relented. "No masti."

He turned to Riddhima, who was sitting beside him and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his side. "Riddhima is my fiancee," he told Diya, his voice unbearably soft, a very happy smile on his face.

"Oh my gods!! For real?" Diya asked. At Armaan's nod, she squealed and jumped out of her chair to hug Riddhima.

"This is the best news ever!! Aaahhhh! I'm so happy!" Diya exclaimed, hugging Riddhima tightly and then pulling Armaan into the hug as well.

"You know what? Mujhe hamesha pata tha. That you two are perfect for each other," Diya said once they were all seated again. "I'm so glad that you finally decided to date!"

"Ek minute, what do you mean hamesha se pata tha?" Armaan asked.

Diya rolled her eyes. "Of course, Armaan! Tumhe yaad hai, jab tum Kasauli mein the, for medical school, I'd tried to set you up with a friend of mine, who was also studying medicine in Mumbai?"

"That was Basket?" Armaan exclaimed incredulously.

"Basket?" Diya questioned, confused.

"Riddhima," he explained impatiently. "Are you saying you tried to set me up with Riddhima?"

"Haan, Armaan. I tried. Lekin phir tumne kaha you don't want a long distance relationship, and Riddhima ne mujhse kaha ki she wanted to concentrate on studies, toh maine force nahi kiya. But I always knew you would be great together," she replied, all smug and happy.

"Lekin Diya…" Riddhima said, "why me? Main Armaan ki college girlfriends ki tarah bilkul nahi hoon. Tumhe yeh idea aaya bhi kaise?"

"Exactly kyuki tum unki tarah nahi ho, Riddhima," Diya answered. "Tumhe pata haina, college mein Armaan ki sabse lambi relationship was… I don't know, 2 months? He was clearly not happy to be with any of those girls, toh maine socha, if the girl was not anything like them, he'd be in it for the long haul. And dekho! I was right!!"

"I can't believe this," Rahul murmured. "Of course yeh stupid coincidence tum dono ke saath hua."

"I mean, Diya's right," Anjali added. "About everything. Socho, if you two had agreed, you'd have met years earlier."

"I mean… yeah," Armaan agreed reluctantly. He wasn't sure if they'd have made it if they'd tried to be together then. At least now, he knew they were forever. The Armaan from back then might not have appreciated Riddhima. It could have ended extremely badly. Maybe he'd never fall in love with Riddhima and he'd break her heart, not wanting to be tied down. He could have destroyed the best thing that had ever happened to him without thinking twice about it. And then where would he be? A shudder passed through him at the mere thought of a life without Riddhima, a life he was pretty sure would be his reality had he dated Riddhima in college. It was a good thing he'd said no then. He didn't wanna think about those what ifs. He just wanted to concentrate on Riddhima and their life together now.

"But, kya farak padta hai?" Riddhima asked, taking Armaan's hand and squeezing it. "Hum tab mile toh kya hota kya pata? Yeh sab sochke kya faayda? What's important is, ki hum ab mile and everything is great."

Armaan smiled at her gratefully and she nodded her head in understanding. She knew what Armaan was thinking. She was very aware of the kind of person Armaan had been before he'd joined Sanjeevani. He was still the happy-go-lucky, jovial, best friend Armaan that he was today, but he'd also been somewhat of a commitment phobe who enjoyed not having a serious relationship. The timing then might not have been right. She couldn't be certain. Maybe they'd have fallen in love back then too, like they had now, because she firmly believed neither of them had been that different as people back then, but it wasn't worth the risk. They could just as easily have broken up instead as well. Riddhima's scary dedication to her studies, as well as Armaan's own need to perform well, coupled with Riddhima's fears of a relationship and Armaan's commitment phobia thrown in together in a long distance relationship did not seem like a story with a happy ending. She was so happy that they'd not gone down that route. And she was sure Armaan was too. What they had now was perfect, and they didn't need to change it for anything.

"Tu bilkul sahi hai keh rahi hai, Ridz! Ab toh tumhaari shaadi hone wali hai, and woh zyada important hai!" Atul exclaimed. "Iss occasion ke liye mere paas ek gaana hai, gaun? Main gaata hoon, okay?

Aaj mere bhai ki shaadi hai,

Aaj mere bhai ke shaadi hai,

Bhai ki shaadi, bhai ki shaadi,

Mere bhai ki shaadi hai!"

He was joined in soon by an exuberant Muskaan and Nikki, who also pulled in Rahul to dance with them. Armaan laughed at his friends' antics and hugged Riddhima closer to him, who pressed a quick kiss on his neck before settling in.

Atul was right. What was important was that they were together now, and that they were getting married. 

Yay! New chapter!!

Hope you liked it! Just some more cutesy fluff. I've been wanting to introduce some family for both Armaan and Riddhima for so long and we are finally there. With the wedding approaching, I hope to have a few more characters, but let's see how it pans out.

For Diya, I do picture Diya from MJHT to be Armaan's cousin. And that's a fun thing because it opens scope for a DMGxMJHT crossover, though no commitments! It would be fun and I would like to have that possibility, which is why I put this in. If it pans out, yay, if it doesn't, well this is cool in it's own rights, so no regrets!

Anyway, please comment and let me know how you like the new chapter! 

Love, Prags

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Dmg × Mght crossover would be a like boom😲❤️.

Just loved this part..

Pls update soon

NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

wow mindblowing part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part.dia is armaan cousin.ridzy r anji bhi dia ko janta hai.dia hospital mei armaan se milne aya hai.dia armaan ridzy ki liye bohot khush hai.armaan dia se gussa thi isliye dia pehle apni fiance se milana nahi chata tha.beautiful story.pls post the next .eagerly waiting for next part❤️😍

maulik1992 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It's s

Awesome and mind blowing part irrespective of short...

Finally AR marriage is around the corner.

Arman cousin his friend of ridding and anji...

Now update super soon with more AR moments...

Thanks for this...

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Oh my God , this was such an entertaining chapter with the right mix of sweetness, happiness and deep thoughts.

I could just imagine armaan and riddhima's expressions.

Totally agree with armaan regarding this being their wedding and their decision should be final. Can't wait for the convo where they tell their friends that :P

Continue soon

virka_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Loved the chapter.... 

harshil123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Amazing FanFic eagerly waiting for the next update 

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On...

Diya, Armaan's cousin, visits the hospital. She's friends with Riddhima as well and reveals that she'd wanted to set the two of them up when they were in med school.

Chapter 106

“I think blue best hai,” Muskaan stated.

“Blue is boring, Muski!” Anjali replied. 

“Plus, we already did blue at the engagement,” Nikki pointed out. “Baar - baar same colour nahi karna.”

Muskaan whined. She was very clearly outnumbered here. The gang had all met over the weekend to discuss more details about the wedding, and as expected, the discussion was one step away from a brawl with everyone having a different opinion on everything. In all this, Armaan & Riddhima’s wishes had somehow been forgotten as their friends put out one outrageous idea after the other.

“We should go with purple,” Anjali said. “Kitna zyada gorgeous lagega! It’s such a beautiful colour.”

“Purple is nice,” Nikki agreed. “Lekin what about wine? Itna zyada rich colour hai!”

“Purple!” Anjali reiterated.

“Wine,” Nikki pressed.

“Blue!!” Muskaan cried.

As they started arguing again, Armaan, finally fed up with their tiff, abandoned his seat next to Riddhima on the far end of the couch and walked up to them.

“Okay, that’s it!” He shouted. “Ab sangeet ke colour scheme ke liye koi ladaayi nahi hogi,” he ordered.

“Oyye, Armaan!” Muskaan said. “Kya bakwaas kar raha hai?! Aise hum decide kaise karenge ki kaunsi colour scheme leni hai?”

“Tum nahi, hum karenge. Main aur Riddhima. Humaari hi shaadi haina? Ya tum log bhool gaye?” He asked them. 

“Of course humein yaad hai,” Anjali replied. 

“Oh, I thought tum sab bhool gaye kyuki ab tak kisine bhi Riddhima se toh poocha hi nahi ki usse kya chahiye,” he accused them.

The three of them at least had the decency to look sheepish.

“Sorry, Ridzy!” They all mumbled in unison. Riddhima waved them off, knowing this was inevitable. She’d known the moment the dates had been decided that she would have to put up with her friends going Bridezilla on her, more than she would do it herself. It was the way they were. Hadn’t she been the same while planning Nikki’s engagement ceremony? 

They all loved each other a little too much and tended to get a little too overexcited. She was prepared to deal with it all. Losing her temper so quickly in the game would only result in more problems for her. She’d tried to explain to Armaan that they needed to be a little more understanding and give their friends room to talk before jumping in with their own thoughts. But, of course, he didn’t have the patience to sit and watch them bicker over this stuff when the two of them had already decided on some basics like colour schemes.

“Ridzy, tu hi bata na! Kya colour scheme honi chahiye sangeet pe?” Muskaan asked her.

“Black and white,” she replied promptly. They would obviously be going with yellow and green for the haldi and mehendi ceremonies respectively, but for the sangeet, Riddhima had decided that she wanted something more classy and elegant. Armaan was all too happy to oblige her whims and agreed to her suggestion instantly.

The girls sat on it for a few moments, but Riddhima could see that they loved the idea and were only keeping quiet because they didn’t want to be too easy in their acceptance of her idea. She let them pretend to mull it over, even as the three huddled together and talked in whispers, waiting patiently for them to tell her that they agreed.

“I like it,” Nikki was the first to say. “Bohot zyada beautiful lagega, Riddhima!”

“Haan,” Muskaan agreed. “Aur hum sab color coordinate karenge! It’ll be so much fun!!”

The discussion was fairly tame after that, thankfully. Once the girls allowed Riddhima to talk, everything fell in line, and they all agreed with her choices, making it easier for everyone. 

In the evening they all went out for dinner and wedding prep talk was strictly forbidden at the table lest they all make a scene in the middle of a restaurant so the attention diverted to Abhi & Nikki’s upcoming baby. Apart from the wedding, the baby was the only thing they were all excited about. The first baby in their little circle of friends and all of them had big plans of spoiling the kid rotten. Armaan & Riddhima took their godparent duties very seriously and had already started buying stuff for the baby whenever the whim struck them.

“Tum dono ne baby ke liye koi naam socha kya?” Atul asked, as always eager to give out suggestions for names that were inevitably turned down.

“Abhi tak nahi,” Nikki replied. “But hum soch rahe hain.”

“Isme sochna kya pada hai,” Muskaan interrupted. “Ladka hua toh Rahul aur ladki hui toh Anjali!”

“Awww, Muski! So cute!” Anjali cried, hugging her sideways. “I knew ki main hi teri favourite hoon!”

Rahul smiled bashfully, scratching the back of his head. “Th -- Thanks, Muskaan!” He stuttered.

“Oyye, tum dono itna khush kyu ho rahe ho?” Muskaan asked. “Main tum dono ki nahi, Shahrukh aur Kajol wale Rahul aur Anjali ki baat kar rahi hoon!”

“Of course,” Rahul muttered, disappointed. Everyone at the table started laughing with the exception of him and Anjali, while the two of them made faces at the rest of the group.

“I can’t believe ki tumne socha that she could’ve meant anything else,” Nikki teased. “Yeh Muskaan hai, Muskaan."

"Yaar, ek baat batao? Tum sab itni discussion kis baat ki kar rahe ho? Nikki ke baby ka naam already decide ho chuka hai," Armaan announced to the group. 

"What? Lekin kab??? Nikki! Tune humein bataya bhi nahi?" Muskaan cribbed. "Aise kaise, yaar? Tere mein thode se bhi manners hai ki nahi?"

"Yaar, Nikki main har roz tujhe itne name suggest karta hoon lekin tune mujhe bhi nahi bataya?" Atul whined. "Yeh galat baat hai."

"Guys, tum log usse bolne doge toh woh kuch bolegi na," Riddhima stopped them. 

"Thank you," Abhi muttered. "But seriously, mujhe bhi nahi pata tha ki Nikki ne naam decide kar liye hain."

"Abhiiiii," Nikki cried. "Maine naam decide hi nahi kiya toh tumhe kaise batati?" She asked. 

On hearing her, the group turned back to Armaan. 

"Kya tu bhi kuch bhi bakwaas karta rehta hai poora din?" Rahul asked. "Zabardasti sabko itna hyper kar diya."

"Maine?" Armaan questioned. 

"Haan, tune," Anjali answered. "Tujhe pata haina har cheez mein yeh dono kitna overexcite ho jaate hain? Kyu yeh stupid mazaak karta hai?"

"Yaar, maine kuch nahi kiya!" Armaan whined. "Yeh Nikki ki yaadhasht itni kamzor hai toh main kya karu?"

"Maine? Maine kya kiya?" Nikki asked Armaan. 

"Promise," Armaan replied. "Promise kiya tha na tune mujhe ki apne first baby ka naam tu mujhpe rakhegi? Bhool gayi?"

"What?!?!" Abhi cried. "Armaan bakwaas na kar."

"Bak… bakwaas? Meri feelings tujhe bakwaas lagti hai, Abhi?" Armaan asked dramtically. 

“Nikki aisa kyu promise karegi tujhe, Armaan? Kuch bhi bolta hai!” Anjali said.

“Arre, main uska best friend hoon. Kyu nahi karegi?” Armaan questioned. “Aur ab se nahi, jab hum college mein the tab se promise kiya hai usne mujhe. Haina, Nikki?”

Nikki looked at Armaan, absolutely bewildered. When had she ever promised Armaan that? She genuinely couldn’t remember. But, it would be just like Armaan to have extracted this promise from her when she was drunk and wouldn’t remember properly later. Had he done that? He’d joked about it once at college, but had never mentioned it later so she’d let it go as well. But maybe, she shouldn’t have. 

“Uh…” she fumbled, not knowing what to say.

“Kiya… kiya tha na?” Armaan pressed. “Yaad hai… Rakesh ke dorm mein party ki thi humne… pizza and beer. Tere 18th birthday se thode time pehle.”

“I remember,” Nikki replied, because she did. That had been one of the last few times she’d hung out with Armaan before she’d left college without a word.

“Haan… toh party ke baad, tune promise kiya tha na?” He asked, nodding his head to indicate that she had. Nikki was still confused and couldn’t be sure if she had but saw Armaan shoot her a subtle wink and couldn’t help but laugh. So, Mr. Supercool wanted to prank their friends? Well, it had been a while. She’d indulge him just this once.

“Oh…” she drew out. “Haan! Yes. Yaad aaya. Maine… maine kiya tha… Haan, kiya tha tumse promise.”

“See!” Armaan cried triumphantly. “She promised me! Toh ab baby ka naam toh mere naam se hi hoga. Tum sab rehne do.”

“Kya… kya naam hoga?” Riddhima asked, absolutely scared. She didn’t even want to think what weird name these two would have come up with, especially if they were drunk when the conversation had happened.

“Basket! It’s so simple. Ladka hua toh meri tarah… Armaan. Aur ladki hui… toh Armaani,” Armaan explained.

“Armaan aur Armaani? Really?” Abhi asked.

“Yes, Abhi!” Nikki and Armaan chorussed.

“Yeh… aisa naam… is it necessary? I mean… mere bachche ka naam aisa hoga?” Abhi wondered out loud.

“Oyye, Modi!!” Nikki thundered. “What do you mean by mera bachcha? Mera kuch nahi hai kya? Tum 9 mahine usse carry kar rahe ho? Itni problems tumhe ho rahi hain? Morning sickness, stupid cravings, hormonal changes, body ache… yeh sab toh tumhe ho raha hai, haina?”

“Nikki… aisa nahi hai,” Abhi replied, but Nikki cut him off.

“Nahi… tum toh bilkul rehne hi do! Baby ke liye sab main kar rahi hoon lekin naam tumhe rakhna hai. Maine apne best friend se promise kar bhi diya toh kya ho gaya? Itna bhi haq nahi hai kya mera apne khudke baby pe?” Nikki cried. “Sab na… meri galti hai. Tum jaise aadmi se mujhe pyaar hi nahi karna chahiye tha. Ab bhugatna pageda zindagi bhar!”

Saying so, she started sobbing. Armaan hugged her and she hid her face in his shoulder. He rubbed her back and tried to soothe her, along with the rest of the gang while Abhi just sat there stumped. When Riddhima pushed him, he sprung into action.

“Sorry… Sorry, Nikki! I’m really, really, really sorry, baby! Jaise… jaise tum bologi waise hi hoga. Jo naam tum baby ke liye choose karogi, hum wohi rakhenge. Rahul, Anjali, Armaan, Armaani… jo bhi… main tumse kuch nahi kahunga,” Abhi promised.

“Pakka?” She asked, still crying.

“Haan, pakka!” Abhi replied.

Nikki immediately let go off Armaan and hugged Abhi. “Thank you, Abhi! Mujhe pata tha tum meri baat maan loge,” she said, kissing his cheek, her tears all but forgotten.

“Nikki?” Abhi asked, confused. Her mood swings were giving him whiplash these days. She would laugh and cry at the drop of a hat.

Armaan started laughing at that, followed quickly by Nikki. “Woh kya haina… Moody! Itna serious mat raha karo, yaar. Nikki ne mujhe koi promise nahi kiya tha. Woh toh main bas aise hi… prank kar raha tha tumhe.”

“Armaan, yaar! Jaan nikaal di thi tune,” Abhi replied, glaring at him while Nikki just laughed in his embrace. “And you,” he added, turning to Nikki, “Tum kya iss idiot ki side lene lagi?”

“It was just a prank, Abhi! Itna mat socho. But yes, baby ka naam toh main hi rakhungi,” she announced.

“Okay, ma’am! Jaise aap bolengi waisa hi hoga,” Abhi reiterated.

“Good! Waisa hi hona chahiye,” Nikki replied.

The entire table cracked up at that. No baby names were discussed for the rest of the dinner, thankfully, and they all enjoyed a meal together.

“Armaan… tum na, bilkul paagal ho,” Riddhima told him as Armaan drove her home later that night. While the rest of the gang had said their goodbyes to each other and gone home after dinner, Armaan had asked Riddhima to stay back to help him choose some bedsheets for their house.

“Ab maine kya kiya?” He whined.

“Tum kya kar rahe the dinner pe? Kuch bhi prank karte ho,” she said.

Armaan laughed. “Arre, Basket! Woh Moody ko pareshaan karna mujhe bada achcha lagta hai. That man should remember ki uski shaadi kiski best friend se hui hai,” he explained.

Riddhima just shook her head. "But, it was a good day, nahi? I really like spending time with everyone. Aajkal humein mauka hi nahi milta na."

"I really like spending time with you," Armaan countered. "Lekin tumhe toh unn kabab mein haddiyon ko bulana zyada achcha lagta hai."

"Armaan!" Riddhima whacked his arm. "Tumse itni baar kaha hai. Humaare friends ko kabab mein haddi mat bulaya karo."

"Nahi, nahi. Woh sab toh bohot hi amazing log hain. Kabab mein haddi kaise ho sakte hain?" Armaan asked sarcastically, making her laugh. 

"But, seriously, Basket," he added a couple moments later. "I really like spending time with you. Aajkal hum hospital mein bhi itna time saath nahi rehte jaise pehle rehte the. Aur phir workload bhi badh gaya hai toh hospital ke bahar bhi itna time nahi milta. I miss you," he admitted softly. 

Riddhima couldn't help herself and moved to plant a kiss on his cheek. "I miss you, too," she told him. "But ab kaam toh kaam haina. We can't do anything about it."

"Ek kaam karte hain… Papa aur Dad se kehke shaadi prepone karwa lete hain. Itne time tak tumhaare bina toh nahi rehna padega," Armaan suggested. 

"Tum na, bilkul paagal ho," Riddhima laughed. "Itni jaldi sab tayyaari kaise hogi?"

"Yaar, yeh itni taam - jhaam waali shaadi koi itni bhi zaroori nahi hai. Tum kahogi toh kal hi tumhe court le chalta hoon. Wahin kar lenge," he said. 

"Armaan! Hum aisa kuch nahi karenge. Tumhe chalegi aisi shaadi but mujhe nahi. Mujhe toh taam - jhaam waali shaadi hi chahiye. Aur uska har moment, main tumhaare saath share karna chaahti hoon. Tum nahi chaahte?" She asked. 

Armaan nodded, defeated. Of course he wanted that too. It was just taking too much time. He wanted her home now. 

"Tum na… Sach mein bilkul paagal ho. Itne time se sab keh rahe the shaadi karlo shaadi karlo, tab toh tumne sabko mana kar diya. Aur ab tumse wait nahi ho raha," Riddhima teased. 

"Haan, toh theek haina," Armaan shrugged. "Nahi ho raha toh nahi ho raha."

"Mujhse bhi nahi ho raha," she admitted. "But hum dono saath haina? Aur dekhna… yeh sab preparations mein time itna jaldi nikal jaayega tumhe pata bhi nahi chalega kab shaadi ki date aa jaayegi."

"I hope aisa hi ho," he murmured. 

"Aisa hi hoga," she assured him. 

They'd reached Gupta Mansion by then, and so Armaan got down from the car and helped Riddhima out as well. She hugged him tightly before pressing a quick kiss to his lips. 

"I love you," she murmured. "Good night."

"Good night," he answered, pulling her into another hug. "I love you."

A few moments later, she pulled back and went inside the house while he stood there, making sure she went in before leaving. Riddhima waved at him and blew him a kiss before shutting the door behind her and he grinned. 

Just a few more weeks, he told himself. And then, he'd never have to say goodbye to her. He couldn't wait. 

New chapter alert! Hope y'all liked it!

I've been super busy with exams and then to unwind I ended up watching a new itv show so haven't had much writing time yet, but I've already started working on the next TDBU chapter as well, so hopefully that will be finished soon - ish. 

Getting closer to the wedding and I'm thinking of ways to incorporate some Gupta and Mallik relatives, so let me know if y'all have any ideas. I do have a few too! It's gonna be so epic! I can't wait!

Drop me a line to lemme know how you liked this one! :D