SaiRat FF: “Always Been You” Chapter 3 PG 8 - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

Ah it’s nice to see such wonderful comments, thank you guys. I haven’t really wrote a second part to it yet. However, with Ramadan I have reduced my working hours so I might get the opportunity to update frequently, let’s see. 

Aww this is so cute.... Plz update quickly

I loved how you have penned it down please do continue we would love to read

hey pls continue plots seems promising loved the way you defined their feelings

please continue we  would love to read

Please update... such a lovely concept 

Thank You for everyone who commented, it so nice to read your lovely comments, and I will at some point reply back to them individually but I thought I’ll just post the second part before I do. 

I also apologise for the long wait between the chapters, life just got in the way and I didn’t have much time to wright up the second chapter. I also didn’t want to rush through it as I like taking my time with what i’m penning down, but here you guys go and I hope you enjoy chapter 2. 

Chapter Two 

Parking his police Jeep in front of Chavan Niwas, Virat let out a big sigh as he looked at the mansion he called home. There was a dark cloud looming over the building which described the way he was feeling at present,  those carefree moments he had felt with Sai and the Joshi’s have long left him and have been replaced with feelings of gloom and uncertainty of what was awaiting him behind those doors. 

A person should never feel anything but peace when reuniting with their loved ones after so many months away, however Virat only felt dread. The conversation he had with Pakhi a few months back kept reverberating in his head and the more he replayed it the more he wanted to turn his car around and go back to Kamal Sirs home. 

Mein sab ko cheek cheek kar batana chahti hoon, ki mein tumse pyaar karti hoon, that I love Virat’ 

“He knows Virat, he overheard our conversation”

“Damn it!” Slamming his fist against the steering wheel, Virat cursed himself for not telling Samrat the truth himself. Maybe if he had then things wouldn’t be so awkward between the trio, maybe his relationship with his Jeeva wouldn’t have suffered, and maybe Pakhi would have been happy at her own home and not be stuck in a loveless marriage. He screwed up and he didn’t know how to fix it, or even if he could fix it. He recalled the conversation he had with Sai not too long ago about the situation he had found himself in and he remembered what she told him, he wished he had listened to her at that point because at least now he wouldn’t be so afraid to step into his own home. 

*Flash Back*

“Aap itni raat ko, yahan kyun bette hain, aur voh bhi iss tand mein?” Sai asked, coming out into the veranda with one hand gripping a hot cup of cocoa and the other holding a cozy blanket. 

Virat quickly glanced towards her with a smile and then fixed his gaze back on his phone that he was holding, scrolling back and forth on the contacts, lingering on a certain name “I couldn’t sleep, so I thought I would come here to get some fresh air”

Nodding her head in understanding, Sai wordlessly handed him the hot beverage and sat herself down beside him, throwing a bit of the warm blanket on his lap and wrapping the rest around her. 

“You know, you should just call him” She indicated towards his phone, where he kept hovering around Samrat’s name. “Tell him all you want to tell him, unburden yourself from whatever seems to be haunting you” She suggested. 

Virat grimaced, “it’s not as easy as you seem to think Sai, there are things that have happened that have changed our dynamics for the worse and I can’t do anything to fix it, not when I’m the one who made the mistake in the first place.” 

“Well start off by apologising” She replied shrugging her shoulders, like it was the most simple thing in the world, “Then explain why you did what you did. If you didn’t have any ill intentions, which I believe you would never have, then I am positive that he will forgive you” 

“I wish it was as simple as that Sai, ki ek apology se sab kuch teekh hojaye”  He sighed, taking a sip of his drink and placing his phone in his pocket. “I have betrayed his trust, aur uss dhoke ke liye koi maafi nahin hain” 

“Don’t you think you are being a bit too dramatic’ She asked rolling her eyes, “Aisa bhi kya karliya aapne, jiski koi maafi na ho? It’s not as if you’ve had an affair with his wife” She joked laughing, widening her eyes a second later noticing his guilty expression “Sir!’

“It’s not what you think” He hurriedly told her, “It wasn’t an affair” 

“But you had a thing with his wife” She clarified, unsure whether the fact that it wasn’t an affair made it any better. 

“I’m not sure I can call it a thing either” 

Frowning, now absolutely confused Sai told him as much, “Okay, you are not making any sense” 

“I know, I know, I just …..’ 

Virat felt so frustrated that he placed his hot cocoa beside him and planted his face against his hand, hiding himself away from what he thought would be judgment from the woman he has come to really care about and think the world off. He can’t have another person who is important to him think any less of him. 

Sai felt really bad for him and realised that he was having a harder time than he was letting on, she placed her hands on his shoulders reassuringly and told him “Listen, I know it’s not any of my business and you don’t have to tell me, but sometimes getting a third person's view who is removed from that situation can help”

“Idon’twantyoutothinkiamabadperson” He mumbled, against his hands. 

“I know I am pretty talented, but unfortunately understanding muffled words isn’t one of my talents” She teased. 

Moving his hands from his face he glared at her, “I said I don’t want you to think I am a bad person” 

For a police officer, he can be really stupid Sai thought shaking her head. “After everything you have done for me and my Aaba, and everything you are still doing, especially to get Jagtap behind the bars, I can think of many adjectives to describe you, but a bad person isn’t one of them”

Virat wasn’t expecting that, and as he looked at her he was confident that she meant it. That was one of Sai’s many great assets, she wasn’t a liar, and regardless how hard or harsh the truth can be, she always maintained her honesty. So knowing that her opinion on him wouldn’t change no matter what he told her, Virat spilled out his heart and told her about meeting Pakhi in a yoga resort, and falling in love with her, to losing her number and then finding out she was getting married to his brother and his ultimum sacrifice for his brothers happiness that made him promise something that he is unsure whether he can keep. 

After telling her everything Virat felt calm within him and he was so grateful that he was able to speak to someone about all that has happened. Keeping it all in had started to take a toll on him and he found himself thinking about the shit hole he put himself in day in and day out causing him nothing but misery. 

“So there you go, now you know. Do you still think I’m not a bad person” He asked.

Throughout Virat retelling his story, Sai had felt many emotions; awe, sadness, anger, another emotion that she didn’t want to linger too much on, but when he told her about the ‘vaada’  he made, she couldn’t help the laughter that was bubbling in her chest. 

Now looking at him so downfallen, she knew it wasn’t the best reaction, nor was it right but she couldn’t help it and she burst out laughing uncontrollably, shocking Virat. 

“Tum haas rahi ho!’ He exclaimed, aghast. “I’ve created a mess in my life and you are laughing’ 

“You definitely have created a mess in your life” She said in between her laughs, “I can’t believe that you made a promise to not let any other women in your life for a woman who you’ve only known for 2.5 days” She exclaimed. 

“Sai this is not funny!” 

Seeing Virat get angry, Sai calmed her self and stated, “You are right, it’s not funny and I am sorry for laughing, but no offence, how stupid can you get?” 

“Excuse me?’ He snapped, glaring at her.

“Don’t look at me like that! You know that you’ve been stupid but you are in denial” She stated, “No one, absolutely no one can fall in love with someone so deeply in 2.5 days that they promise their life to them. Aap ne kya soch ke Pakhi se yeh promise kiya? Did you think you were doing something great?” She asked. 

“What else could I have done, she wouldn’t have married my brother otherwise, I did this for Samrat” He explained, annoyed at her questioning. 

“And who gave you the right to make that decision?’ She asked, “What made you think that Samrat would have been okay with you making that kind of choice for him?’

‘He wasn’t supposed to know” Virat whispered dejected. 

“Stuff like this doesn’t stay hidden for long. You could not have expected him to not find out, when one day you would have returned home and your ex whatever would have been mooning at you, he would have realised” She said, exhasperated that the man she thought was so intelligent could do something so idiotic. 

“Are you done lecturing me, do you have any ideas how I can fix this?’ He growled. 

“Stop hiding away from your mistakes and your past and just be upfront with him’ She advised “The longer you leave it, the angrier he will get and it will end up destroying your relationship. Aap dono bhai ka rishta kaisa hain mein nahin jaanti, but I have noticed your love for him, and I am sure he would realise that as stupid as your actions were it came from the right place. Just be honest with him’ 

*End Flash Back*

“Chal beta Virat, it’s time to face the music” He sighed, and climbed out the Jeep, making his mind up that he will speak to his Jeeva and clear all misunderstandings and hopefully all three of them could move on happily in their lives.

Edited by -Yaz- - 2 years ago

IF has updated so much, I’m not sure how to reply back to peoples messages haha 

Erm, I might need a little help lol