Arhi FF : Destiny Games T5 (New updates in T6) - Page 96

Posted: 2 years ago

Fantastic update... why would dadi do that... eagerly waiting to see what arnav does now..

cute update

Khushi is right......she do have self respect........

From the Author's desk: Hello dearies, hope you are all safe from the Pandemic. Stay safe and Stay at home. 

Thanks for your wonderful comments on the last episode. 

Here is the next update for the story, Hope you all like it, Happy reading

Chapter 18: Unexpected Turn

Part 4: In the heart of Suspense

When Khushi woke up next morning, it was still dark. The clock at the bedside table showed it was 5.15 am. She had gone to bed early due to exhaustion, but it wasn’t long until she dosed off. She sighed thinking about the previous day events. Turning to the right, she saw that Riya was still asleep. Geethu’s side of the bed was empty. 

After quickly washing her face, she ventured out of the room, surprised at the cooker whistle that was coming from the kitchen. 

The mattress and pillows that Abhi had used to make his bed in the hall was neatly piled up on the sofa. Discipline was something that she found in every corner in this house, the house was too tidy despite having a 6 year old at home. Registering the fact that the Mitras were early risers, she walked towards the kitchen, hoping to find Geethu. Another surprise, she saw Abhi there, chopping vegetables for salad.

“Good morning.”

“hi” Khushi called out “When does this household normally wake up?” she asked as she saw that most of the cooking for the day was already done. 

Abhi laughed merrily as he put aside the plate and put a pan for making the dal.

“We normally wake up at 5.30 am. But since our Nanny has quit, we need to finish cooking as well. So, we got up an hour early. Geethu should be back by now, she went out for a jog up to the market.”

“you need help?”

“Hey, no way. You are a guest here. Make yourself comfortable… You are a coffee person or a tea person?”

“It doesn’t make me comfortable watching but not participating”

“hmm, ok then, why don’t you help me with packing those lunch boxes?” 

“Abhi, sorry got delayed in the market” Geethu called out as she came in carrying the vegetable bag

“Good morning Geethu Ji”

“Hi Khushi, you are up! And this slave driver has been making you work?” she asked 

“No, I wanted to.” Khushi explained as Abhi turned towards Geethu, with a mock grimaced expression

“Kuch Bhi” he said. 

“Boiled the milk?” Geethu asked

“Not yet. The milk packet is in the fridge”

“I will do that” Khushi said, fetching the packets and poured the contents into a bowl placed in the stove, she caught Khushi smiling into the space. 

“You are smiling, who are you thinking of?” Geethu asked as wiped her wet and washed hands to knead the dough and made smaller balls. 

“Not who, what” Khushi said “I realize how much I missed this… RM is usually laid back in the mornings.”

“Why, someone is so reminded of RM mornings…” Geethu said

“I didn’t say that, I only said I missed doing these basic things.”

“Arnav used to tell me that you are a good cook” Abhi told Khushi as he fetched three cups from the shelf “Going by that, one would have thought you didn’t miss cooking” 

“Oh, not the cooking… The running around, the hubbub of the morning, the tumult that it brings along,  fetching groceries and vegetables and milk packets, cooking, packing, cleaning… preparing for the day in general…”

“The middle-class life” Geethu laughed. 

“Oh, the heavenly middle-class life” Khushi agreed. 

“So, are you telling us that you didn’t enjoy the stay at RM” Abhi pondered.

“Not that exactly, The Raizadas are so used to having staff around to do these basic stuffs, they don’t know what they are missing. Can you imagine, until some time ago, they didn’t even practice concept of dining together- for example.”

“I don’t agree, they are a set of closely knit siblings that I know. They do things for each-other”

“I didn’t talk about their bonding, In fact, I am a huge fan of the siblings’ bond. It’s just that they are raised in a different setting, they never got to experience what this kind of life is all about” Khushi explained as she prepared tea for all the three.

“Hey, relax, Abhi is just pulling your legs” Geethu told her as Abhi grinned. 

“Chai time” he said as he carried the cups to the balcony. The morning was calm and serene as the three sat around the coffee table in the balcony watching the sunrise sipping the hot beverage. 

Geethu and Abhi were talking about some mundane things when Abhi called out Khushi after he found that she was completely silent through their conversation. 

“Earth to Khushi”

“you are so lost” Geethu pointed out as Khushi jolted out of her deep thoughts. 

“No, I was just listening to you both talking”

“mmhmm… what were we talking about last?” Geethu asked

Caught off-handed, Khushi blinked at them. 

“If you are not aware of, you are speaking to two people who are trained to investigate those who lie” Abhi told her as Geethu nodded at her with a shrug 

“I will remember that next time” Khushi told chuckling at them

“Khushi’s mind is still at RM?” Geethu asked

“No, definitely not.” Khushi insisted. “Abhimanyu Ji, can you help me find a house for rent?”

“A house?”

“Hmm, yeah. I don’t want to intrude on your private space any more than required”

“You are not intruding. Don’t be silly” Geethu assured her. 

“He slept in the hall floor yesterday” Khushi reminded Geethu. 

“Hey, that’s no problem. We have slept on much harder floors during training days.” Abhi told her 

“What are you talking about, for the first time, he is amidst 5 females and is having a field day” Geethu commented

“Yeah, right. I did hear the conversation between you both last night after he knocked the door to the room apologetically because he wanted to use the bathroom and his room was occupied by the girls and he didn’t want to disturb them.” Khushi said 

“That’s nothing”

“You had to be sorry for something that was not your fault”

“if you find this house inconvenient, then”

“Oh no, it’s not that.” Khushi hesitated. 

Abhi and Geethu waited for Khushi to explain but she went quiet. 

“I thought of checking with my previous house owner at Lakshmi Nagar”

“No, that’s not a good choice, not with the girls under investigation, it will attract a lot of attention.”

“hmm, anything should be fine actually- an apartment or a room with kitchen”

“Alright” Abhi said after a few minutes of wait “Any preferences? Like some house near RM?”

“I would prefer proximity to your place, actually” Khushi said “so that it is easy to do your investigations and I can help with babysitting Riya when you both need me”

Geethu and Abhi exchanged glances. 

“Ok” Abhi said finally. 

“Thanks”

It was around 9 in the morning when Geethu and Abhi were almost ready to leave for work. 

“Good morning” Anjali’s cheery voice was heard above the din at Abhi’s apartment in the busy aura of the morning. 

“Hey Cherry! Good to see you girl!” Geethu said as she hugged Anjali who stood at their entrance along with her shopping bags. 

“Hi Geethu Di” Anjali said “Hey girls, these are for you” she handed over the shopping bags to Tara and Tanu who received it with gratefulness “There is a pink frilled frock with a bow in one of those bags Tanu darling! And this is for you, cutie pie” she said to Riya handing her the bag of toys

“Not again” Geethu said “she has got a basket of barbies and teddy bears and you get her some more”

“There is a lovely tea set too… The more the merrier when she hosts the toy parties”

“Next time, buy her some helicopter or a science kit or may be a soldier” Khushi commented “Why should girls always get the barbies and tea set?”

Geethu raised her eyebrows appreciatively at this comment from Khushi, Abhi smiled at her as he commented

“Meet the feminist Khushi avatar” 

Tara, Tanu and Riya went in with their bags

“Hi Anjali” Khushi said

Anjali suddenly grew quiet, choosing not to respond to Khushi’s comment as she walked past Khushi into the hall, not even exchanging a greeting.

“Abhi told me you were brilliant yesterday, so proud of you” Geethu said to diffuse the tension.

“What happened?” Khushi asked

“you forgot, didn’t you?” Anjali asked turning to Khushi who still looked puzzled.

“I played Cleopatra in my college show, last evening” Anjali said rolling her eyes up

Khushi gave her a skeptical look. 

“Oh nice…” she said wondering how could Geethu or Abhi know about a play in Anjali's college. What she was missing?

“Nice? It hurts a teeny-weeny bit that you completely forgot about what we are talking about." Anjali said "No, I lied about the play and I am not giving you any hug nor any hi…” 

Khushi looked at her friend meaningfully. 

"First I upset the Dadi and then the Pota and now you... for no fault of mine" she muttered before Anjali threw her handbag on the sofa and jumped up to hug Khushi

“Dammit! Oh girl! I am sorry... I missed you yesterday when I came back and learnt about all those awful things that happened…I felt so sorry for what you went through...” 

“Anjali, easy girl! you are crushing me”

Anjali let go of Khushi 

“Personally, I think it was a brilliant way to do a talk to my hand on Dadi and walk out… I wish I was there to witness her face when that happened” Anjali told her as she slopped down the sofa. 

“I personally think she was relieved that I decided to move out”

“That was such a mistaken judgement. Wait till you hear what happened between Arnav and Dadi” 

“What happened?”

“I can’t tell you, I promised Bhai” Anjali said “Why didn’t you return my calls?”

“I went to sleep early, and my phone was on silent” Khushi said steading herself from the rush of the hug from Anjali, she was also surprised that Anjali didn’t ask her to come back to Raizada mansion.

“I called you at 4, you went to bed by 4?”

“Oh did you?” Khushi asked “I am sorry, I didn’t take any calls”

“I know, you were avoiding our calls” Anjali said in a hurt tone.

“I am sorry, I was in one of those terrible moods”

“you shouldn’t pick on Arnav’s bad habits. Cutting off everyone is not the way to deal with it, I thought you knew better”

“I hope he didn’t raise a ruckus with Dadi” Khushi asked 

“Who he?”

Khushi stared pointedly at Anjali

“Oh my brother? Did you expect him to raise a ruckus?”

“I was just asking” Khushi’s voice trailed off. 

“Oh, he didn’t, it was peaceful last evening, they both were very sweet to each other. In fact, they called Sheetal over too and the awesome threesome had a cozy party together, they were celebrating the evening! What did you think?” Anjali said dramatically “It was cuteness overloaded!”

Khushi pouted at Anjali with a sarcastic look as Anjali burst out laughing as the other two watched with smiles of their faces. 

“Buck up Khushi! I was just joking”

“I know you were, But I was seriously concerned. I didn’t want to be the reason that dadi and pota fought”

“What happens at RM stays at RM!” Anjali said mysteriously “I told you, I promised Bhai”

“that you wouldn’t tell me what happened at RM?”

Anjali nodded, laughing at Khushi’s frustration.

“Where is your bhai?” Abhi asked 

“Oh, he should be here anytime now, he was finding a visitor parking place… may be waiting for the lift”

“Am I being missed?” 

“Hey buddy!” Abhi called out at Arnav’s voice.

“Someone did miss you a lot yesterday” Geethu said looking side-ways at Khushi.

“Why would I miss him, we met only yesterday”

“Wrong answer” Anjali said “you can’t miss someone who has been occupying your thoughts every minute” 

“Oh, stop it” Khushi said growing uneasy as she glanced at Arnav who was steadily looking at her. 

“I can find no other good excuse other than that for you to forgot about my date with Mr.Mysterious last evening” Anjali said plopping on the sofa. “I am not forgiving you for anything else”

Khushi stared at them for a few seconds before the memory came back to her.

“Oh.MY… the Magic Cauldron” she exclaimed “So you went there last evening! What happened? You caught them?” She asked looking around at everyone.

“At last she remembers” Anjali said shaking her head. 

“Tell me all about it”

“She would tell you all about it later, but now we need to get going somewhere” Arnav said out of the blue. There were no greetings, no awkwardness, it was as if yesterday didn’t happen. 

“now?” Khushi asked, surprised at a very casual tone from him.

“Yeah right now”

“No, I have other commitments” she stuttered.

“Commitments?”

“Dude, if you don’t have a clue about the commitments, then she is avoiding you” Abhi grinned at his friend who glared at him

“No, I am not” Khushi said quickly

“Thank me later” Abhi whispered to his friend “At any rate, you now know, she is not avoiding you”

“I gave word to Geethu ji that I will take care of the kids today” Khushi sighed, wishing that others didn’t make such a drama out of this conversation.

“Hey Khushi, that’s alright, a few hours should be Ok. Tara should be able to manage” Geethu said, picking up her car keys. 

“I don’t know, she is a kid still…”

“Hold my drink!” Anjali called out loudly from where she was seated “Why do you people think he brought me along?” she asked pointing at herself. “This is a well-planned expedition…I will do the baby sitting, you go with him”

“That settles the matter” Geethu said and waved as she stepped out “have fun, I got to be going…see you all in the evening.”

“Just in case they don’t come back in the next couple of hours” Abhi told Anjali “the food is in the counter by the kitchen.”

“Don’t worry, even if they aren’t back by afternoon, we will be fine” Anjali assured him “right girls?”

“Yes Jiji, we will play Dumbchareds and Anthakshari” Tanu said

“hide and seek…” Riya jumped excitedly

“See, I am already popular”

“Just don’t burn the house alright?” Abhi joked

“you have insured it right?” came a cheeky reply.

Khushi wondered when Anjali became so talkatively herself in front of Abhi… this was a new development. 

“Trot along you girls, lets start off with watching a movie” Anjali said as she and Tara picked up the bags and marched to the room. 

“Ok, I have to get going as well” Abhi said as he saw his jeep driver at the door. 

"Time to start" Arnav told Khushi

“If you are taking me to RM I am not coming”

“I am not taking you to RM”

“Then where?”

“It’s a surprise, come along” 

“Wait, let me change my dress and fetch my bag”

“Where is he taking me?” Khushi asked Anjali once she was inside the room 

“Does he know that you are using me as a cheat sheet?”

Khushi rolled her eyes

“Ok, at least tell me what happened yesterday”

Anjali acted pricey. “I cannot tell you the secret. It won’t be a secret anymore.”

“I was the subject they fought on. Why would you want to keep this as a secret?”

“There are kids around here.”

“The kids are watching movie”

“Hmm” Anjali sighed as she left the kids near the TV and came to Khushi who was still rummaging her bag “Are you still choosing a dress?”

“I am buying time from your brother”

“hmm, ok. Anjali is merciful so she complies.” Anjali said “Which event do you want to know, mine at Magic cauldron or Bhaiyya Dadi faceoff?”

“Both”

“I cannot give you both, you have got to choose one… you have time for only one of them now before my brother breaks that door and...”

“tell me about what happened between your Bhai an Dadi” Khushi interjected

“Anjali feels insulted and has decided to go back on her words” she got up

“Anjali! please” khushi hissed as she pulled her down again 

“You didn’t want to know what happened to me… all you care about is him!”

“It’s not that. I know nothing bad would have happened at Magic cauldron because you are this cheerful!”

“My brother is not particularly broody today, is he?”

“He is not, but I am only anxious if they both are fighting again because of me”

“hmm, valid point” Anjali said “Ok, will you say yes to him when he goes on his knees and pops the question to you”

“What?”

“oh, I shouldn’t have told you that”

“Anjali, what are you talking about?” Khushi asked “I am not going anywhere with him”

“Haha, you are scared out of your wits.” She laughed

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Don’t tell him that I told you this” Anjali whispered “yesterday Dadi and Bhai had a confrontation. they may have had a fight for about 20 mins, Dadi finally said that she would not let anyone who is not related to stay in the house and walked off…and Bhai has this smug look on his face from that point onward as if he has hit a jackpot, you can imagine what’s running on his mind”

“What is running?” Khushi repeated blankly

“You are an intelligent girl Khushi, use your common sense.” 

“Look, I am not coming back to RM”

“Oho! This is an unexpected situation” Anjali muttered. 

“Khushi, what takes you so long?” Arnav was at the door. 

Khushi jumped at his voice and stood up picking her bag

“N..nothing” she opened the door. 

“But you said you wanted to change” he said looking at her still in her clothes he saw her in, 20 mins back. 

“No, I am fine, let’s go” As she walked past him, he raised his eyebrows at his sister who smiled sweetly at him

“See you later”

“Yeah bhai, Tell me all about it later”

“you have turned my sister into a drama queen” Arnav commented on his way out to Khushi

“She is already one, I don’t have to influence her” Khushi replied demurely, still thinking about what Anjali had revealed to her and wondering if it was true, still figuring out what was she feeling about all this and wondering if she was ready if the situation comes to that…

To be continued. 

Bwahahahaha...  I know, I shouldn't have stopped there, but this is where I stop, I will meet you soon with another brand new chapter at the new thread... 

Stay cheerful and safe. 

Edited by abavi - 2 years ago

Khushi and Arnav are already married and when Dadi told him abt her decision he hit the jackpot bcoz as his wife khushi has equal right to stay in RM.

Arnav is planning to pop the question after dadi's ultimatum. Little does dadi know how her move is about to backfire.

Hey lovely story...I have a can I plz get access to wedding gues n jungle tales plzz thank u

It's so unfair to keep us hanging like this ....still I love re reading ur update. It's so beautiful how u pen down 😻

Magical update yaar... this update made my day.. can't wait to read the next rocking update.... proposal or marriage reveal...

Can't wait at least this time they both share there true feelings for each other.. come back soon...

They are already married are they not 🙈

Yah, I too much keen interest in Jungle Tales