Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: SONIA441

This would be my first comment on the story. I have been a silent reader & only now starting to come out of my shell😛. Your style of writing is amazing & commendable❤️👏. I wait for your updates everyday and today, when you updated 2 chapters back to back, I couldn't hold back my appreciation. So Thank You Ms. Jalebi Jane for keeping us sane with your amazing skills.🤗

Thank you for writing, Sister. And for your very kind words.

It's an honour to have any kind of reader--silent or vocal--but I hope you continue to pop in now and then and share your thoughts. Comments inspire and motivate.

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mihika

It's a very nice approach.

PS: Ya I have a few in my bucket. You can find the links on MHRW stories thread. Even yours are there❤️

Thank you. I didn't know there was a stories thread! hehe 

Question: Don't you find it tricky to be writing your own stories while also reading other people's works? 

I find it challenging, particularly if the characters are the same. I fear I'll inadvertently take on someone's plot points. Writers are like sponges, aren't we?   

Mihika thumbnail

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Thank you. I didn't know there was a stories thread! hehe 

Question: Don't you find it tricky to be writing your own stories while also reading other people's works? 

I find it challenging, particularly if the characters are the same. I fear I'll inadvertently take on someone's plot points. Writers are like sponges, aren't we?   

😆I understand where your concern comes from. I read to learn different styles of writing. I write whatever I imagine. There are very few stories which let me visualise whatever has been written. I normally try to visualise my imagination first and then write. So, other's stories don't really affect my writing❤️

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for the sweet words. I'll definitely try from my end to comment more. It'll be a growing step for me as well.😳 Still trying to learn my way around IF. Such as how to reply on the exact post you replied on😒

Edited by SONIA441 - 3 years ago
JalebiJane thumbnail

😆I understand where your concern comes from. I read to learn different styles of writing. I write whatever I imagine. There are very few stories which let me visualise whatever has been written. I normally try to visualise my imagination first and then write. So, other's stories don't really affect my writing❤️

I wish I could visualize then write as you do because I think it's more efficient. I tend to spend a lot of time editing because when I reach the end of a scene, what I've written at the beginning may not fit. 

Mihika thumbnail

I wish I could visualize then write as you do because I think it's more efficient. I tend to spend a lot of time editing because when I reach the end of a scene, what I've written at the beginning may not fit. 

It happens and it is very normal. So do not fret over it. The way you write is your style. Do not try to be like other ...that will only harm your skills. I saying this from my own experience.❤️

JalebiJane thumbnail

Thanks for the sweet words. I'll definitely try from my end to comment more. It'll be a growing step for me as well.😳 Still trying to learn my way around IF. Such as how to reply on the exact post you replied on😒

I've been reading and writing on IF for almost a decade and I still struggle with the interface :-) 

When I read a post I want to respond to, I click QUOTE on the bottom right of the post and then put my comment beneath the quoted text. 

JalebiJane thumbnail

It happens and it is very normal. So do not fret over it. The way you write is your style. Do not try to be like other ...that will only harm your skills. I saying this from my own experience.❤️

Wise words. 

SONIA441 thumbnail

I've been reading and writing on IF for almost a decade and I still struggle with the interface :-) 

When I read a post I want to respond to, I click QUOTE on the bottom right of the post and then put my comment beneath the quoted text. 

Like this? It works?

SONIA441 thumbnail

Like this? It works?

Yes, it does. Thanks 😄