Mess - A Samrat-Pakhi SS [Part 8 - Page 18] - Page 6

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by raaya

Loved reading this. Pakhi moving on and staying away from negativity, Her and her mil bonding, Samrat's entry. Wishing that cvs show this in real. 

I know! Fully agree with you! I wish these shows showed normal, every day kind of people. Not these over the top villains and evil women putting other women down.

thanks for leaving your kind words! 

Originally posted by Gurveen

Fantastic update 

Yayy finally Samrat is back

Please update soon 

Thank you! I will rejoice the day Samrat is actually back in the show. They just conveniently got rid of him and it’s frustrating to see. 

Thanks for your kind words! 

Finally samrat is back!!

Love it 

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Originally posted by Manisha110

Finally samrat is back!!

Love it 

Thank you for the kind comment!

Hello friends!

You all blow me away with you sweet words and kind comments. I love the little following this story has. I try and post every other day, but I did leave everyone at a cliffhanger and I didn't want to leave anyone in limbo. So here's your Easter treat!

Part 4

Sometimes Pakhi felt that she could barely remember what Samrat looked like. She had spent so much time at their wedding… not looking at him, avoiding making eye contact, escaping from her reality, that sometimes she felt that she never got a good look at him. That maybe he would just be a stranger in the crowd and she wouldn’t recognize him. 

Other times she realized how ridiculous that sounded. Samrat was everywhere. He was burned into her mind. She felt that that last moment between them had become a permanent fixture in her thoughts. She would recognize him anywhere. 

The person in front of her was most definitely Samrat. But how could he be? He had a gun trained on her head and had asked her the most ridiculous question. ‘Who are you and how did you find me?’

She struggled to find a way to answer him, but her mind was still reeling from him appearing so suddenly in front of her. 

“Samrat, I don’t understand. We were told you were missing in action.” Pakhi explained. She wasn’t sure what else to say. 

His expression didn’t change but Pakhi could sense his irritation. 

“Turn to your left and start walking,” he ordered. 

Pakhi felt herself frown in confusion. What the heck was going on? Had she entered the twilight zone?

When she didn’t move, she heard the gun cock and saw Samrat’s face harden. “I won’t ask again Patralekha.” He gestured towards her left. 

Pakhi wasn’t afraid before, but she certainly was now. Is he going to shoot me for betraying him?

She complied and started walking, and he followed. After every few minutes Samrat would issue an order to change direction until Pakhi was well and truly lost. Maybe he planned to leave her in the middle of the woods?

They emerged into a clearing and Pakhi saw a small hut. It looked nondescript and could pass easily as a hunting cabin or villager’s house. Samrat ordered her to go inside. Once inside, he ordered her to drop her bag and continue to face the opposite wall. Pakhi did just that. She sensed that he wasn’t one to be disobeyed. 

As Pakhi faced the wall, she could hear Samrat rifling through her bag. Something about that embarrassed Pakhi. She was tempted to turn around and see what he could be looking for, but she was also too afraid to turn around. 

She heard the door to the cabin open and close and she wondered whether Samrat had left her here. Her question was answered with his next order. “Sit.” Pakhi saw the chair in front of her and took a seat. She was now facing Samrat again. 

He placed a chair in front of her and took a seat as well. Pakhi noticed his attire for the first time. He wore army pants, heavy boots, a back t-shirt, and a tactical vest. The t-shirt was tight and clung interestingly to his muscled torso and arms. 

Samrat uncocked the gun and relaxed his stance, but something about the way he sat told her that he was still on alert. 

Samrat seemed to be taking in her appearance as well, running his eyes from head to toe. Pakhi realized that this was the first time he was seeing her in western clothes, without make-up, styled hair, and excessive jewellery. Something about it felt…. intimate. She was confused, nervous, afraid. She wasn’t sure what was happening. She wiped her sweaty palms on her knees and saw his eyes follow her moments. 

“I have a signal scrambler. Even if you’re wearing a wire, you won’t be able to alert anyone.” Samrat explained all this in a tense tone. 

What?

He had to know he wasn’t making any sense. 

She wasn’t sure how to answer him, or even what to say to him. She could feel herself opening and closing her mouth life a fish gasping for air, but decided to stay silent instead. 

“If you answer me honestly then no harm will come to you. Do you understand?”

Pakhi felt her insides seize up. He was going to ask questions, possibly about her and Virat, and harm her if she was dishonest? No, she didn’t understand, but nodded to Samrat anyway. 

“Who are you?”

Pakhi felt herself frown in confusion again. “Samrat, what…” she quickly silenced herself when his gun was once again aimed at her. “Answer the question,” he ordered. 

“I’m Pakhi,” she began, wetting her lips nervously, “Patralekha Salunkhe. I’m your…” wife… 

The word died on her lips suddenly. She couldn’t say it. Again, it felt so…. intimate…..

She cleared her throat and continued, “Wife. I’m your wife.”

Samrat lowered his gun again but this time his stance remained tense. “Why are you here?”

“Your Aai and I are here on a pilgrimage.”

“Why here?”

“Aai had mentioned that she used to come here with you. So we came here to pray for your return.” Pakhi suddenly thought of Aai, likely sitting somewhere in the temple, praying for the safety of the man sitting in front of her. 

“Why were you in the forest?”

“I was on a tour and my Jeep abandoned me.” Pakhi frowned as she said this. Once she returned she would have a stern word with the tour company. 

“Did you know I was here?”

Pakhi felt her head tilt in confusion. “No, we were told you were MIA. Thats why Aai and I are here to pray for you.”

“If you thought I was MIA, what was the purpose of trying to contact me? Were you looking for proof of life?”

What? Proof of life? “Samrat, I don’t understand.” This interrogation, this military jargon was making her head spin. 

Samrat reached into his vest and pulled out a cellphone. He tapped the screen a few times and then held the phone for her to see the screen. 

The text messages. 

He was showing her the 3 text messages she had sent him over the last few days. “What is the meaning of this?” He demanded. 

Pakhi instantly flushed and felt her cheeks colour. Oh god.

Samrat noticed her shift from confusion to embarrassment as well. She saw his eyes do a quick sweep of her cheeks, her nose, her throat. Everywhere she turned pink when she was embarrassed. His expression didn’t change, however. He put his phone away and turned back to her. His question still hung in the air. 

“I….. I…. Samrat, I….,” Pakhi felt like her tongue was knotted and that she couldn’t form a coherent thought. “It’s hard to explain,” she mumbled. 

‘Try,” Samrat encouraged, somewhat tersely. 

Pakhi took a moment to collect her thoughts while Samrat simply watched her patiently. How do I explain this one to you Samrat when I don’t understand it myself? I was trying to talk to you. I was trying to rid myself of constant thoughts of you. Of my guilt and regrets about how you were treated. I think about you all the time and they made me feel like I wasn’t alone, like you were there

She shook these errant statements out of her mind. “I was writing things I wish I could say out loud to you. I didn’t think you would actually see these.”

Pakhi was not a shy or bashful girl. She wasn’t meek, or weak. She was bold. She had learned to walk toe-to-toe with everyone. She spoke for herself. 

In this moment however, Pakhi was experiencing a most unexplained bashfulness. Everything about this moment felt intimate and intense. Samrat was her husband, and she had taken a big step, sent him messages, her own private thoughts. She had to look anywhere except into his piercing gaze to be able to breathe. 

“Do you know Amit Solanki, or Captain Solanki?” This question brought Pakhi’s attention back to Samrat. Her face twisted in confusion again. She shook her head to indicate ‘no’. There was a series of rapid-fire questions Samrat asked then that made little sense. “Have you heard of of Peacock’s Nest?” “Who is the ‘the big K’?” “Have you heard of project bluebird?”

Finally Samrat seemed done. His stance didn’t relax but his put his gun away in its holster. Pakhi didn’t realize how tense the presence of the gun made her. She felt herself relax too. 

She felt like she could finally speak out of turn. “What is all this Samrat? Why are you here? Why haven’t you contacted the family? We have all been so worried about you. Aai will be overjoyed when she hears you’re okay.”

“No, Patralekha,” Samrat replied firmly. “Aai, or the family, can’t know about me. As far as they’re concerned, I am MIA.”

Pakhi felt confused once again. She could feel a headache coming on. “Why?”

“It’s classified. This incident stays with you and only you.”

Before Pakhi could respond, she heard an animal sound, which caught Samrat’s attention. He pulled out a device and clicked a button which emitted a similar animal sound. Moments later there was a patterned knock on the door. Samrat responded to the knock by speaking a series of numbers. Pakhi wasn’t sure if anything she was seeing was making sense to her. 

Two people, a man and a woman entered the hut. Both were dressed similarly to Samrat. The man had entered carrying Pakhi’s bag, which he placed onto the table and the woman had entered carrying her camera and cellphone, which she placed back into the bag. 

“Anything?” Samrat asked. Though he hadn’t taken his eyes off of her, Pakhi understood that he wasn’t addressing her. 

“No, she’s clean, Sir,” the man responded. “She’s just a civilian, Sir,” the woman added. Samrat nodded to them. He checked his watch. “We should get her back to the temple.”

He picked up her bag and returned it to her. Pakhi felt numb as she took the bag from him. “Captain Samra will take you back. Remember Patralekha, no one can know about me, or what happened here today.” With that, Samrat dismissed her and engaged in a hushed conversation with the man. 

Pakhi followed the woman, who she assumed was Captain Samra, to a jeep hidden in the bushes. 

--

It was early evening when Captain Samra dropped her off to her hotel. She knew where Pakhi was staying with Aai and did not ask for directions or a location. Pakhi had tried to ask the woman a question, but was dismissed with, “It’s classified ma’am. It’s better if you listen to Major Salunkhe. There could be lives at stake.”

Pakhi quickly shut her mouth after that. All of this was very much out of her area of expertise. She was ‘just a civilian’ as Captain Samra had said, and she didn’t want to do anything that put anyone in jeopardy. 

Pakhi entered her suite and found it empty. She realized she was so early that Aai hadn’t returned from the temple yet. 

The day quickly caught up with her and Pakhi felt tears slide down her cheeks. 

Samrat was alive!

Samrat, the man she thought about constantly, the man she prayed for daily, her husband. He was okay. Completely unscathed by the look of him. 

Pakhi’s hands shook as she tucked some hair behind her ear. Samrat had held her at gunpoint. He had interrogated her. He was trying to clarify whether she was some sort of double agent?

What have I gotten myself into?

More tears slid down her face when she realized that their marriage, her history with Virat, their last conversation, none of had been brought up today. He had been focused on his mission, and whether she would somehow compromise his mission. He probably still thought the same of her as he did before he was leaving. His ominous last words to her still hung like a sword over her head. 

The Samrat she met today was so different than the Samrat she had encountered all those months ago. That man was a babbler, he talked endlessly about his family, his bright smile lit up the room, he was kind and gentle. Today, Pakhi had met a soldier. Serious and stoic, he had done nothing but focused on his task. He hadn’t laid a finger on her, but he didn’t need to, to convey that he she was to follow orders and tell him what he needed to know. 

Pakhi put her head in her hands, her nails scraping her scalp. 

What a mess

Thoughts?

-Ally

Now I am very much intrigued to read about Samrat's mission and about Pakhi's realisation. Totally blown off by the update.

Wow!!!! Samrat is back!!!!!! 

An on a mission as well!!!!

Now Pakhi can communicate with samrat an get her life in some order!  

Pakhi can also ask aai to send msg to her son when she misses his a lot!!!

So many possibilities are open now!!!!

Amazing!!

Continue soon!!!!

I am.blown by Sam the soldier..I must admit I am unfairly biased towards army and people in the army and tend to favour them 

Am hooked and can't wait to see what happens now

Originally posted by Andy3456

Now I am very much intrigued to read about Samrat's mission and about Pakhi's realisation. Totally blown off by the update.

Honestly, this story won’t go into too much detail regarding the mission. But it’s all connected.

thanks for your continued support!