Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..RiMi.. thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Thank you for posting this Munnu 🤗 

Do I need to say it again that I agree with every point ?😳 

What I feel is, that they mixed up Manorama track with this and that is where they went wrong. 

Because for most people it is difficult to see Ani talking and appreciating another girl, while being harsh on Bondita and calling their marriage fake. 

Until I saw the episode yesterday, even I had an impression that Ani is shouting at Bon and demeaning their marriage because of Manorama (Because I had no idea that Ani was aware of Bon being in teenage-love with him) 

Now that I know why he did that, I feel  he is not COMPLETELY wrong. It is not about whether he is accepting her as a 'wife' or not. He had accepted her as a wife long time back, but she was very young and even the society hardly had any expectations from them to behave like a couple. 

But ever since she hit puberty, people have started expecting them to be physically/emotionally attracted to each other as 'Lovers'. Anirudh being a grown up guy will NEVER harbor such feeling for Bondita at this age. But Bon is a teenager and she will be influenced by the society which is what they are showing. 

I am not saying that it is wrong for Bon to develop a crush on Ani, but it is definitely wrong if these feelings affect her studies. Ani is angry at her because she is compromising her studies due to Ani+Bon jaap 🤪 And it is very normal at this age we all have been through it. But guess what, we had our parents to check on us. On the other hand, Bon has no one to tell her that this is not the right age. Instead, the entire society is encouraging her towards it. In such a scenario, Anirudh had to take up the parental role and there is nothing wrong in that. 

Yes this show is based on 1920s and it was supposed to be 'normal' for a teenage girl to fall in couple vaala love with her husband, but does that mean it was RIGHT? Isn't Ani trying to fight against these customs? He said such an amazing thing that Bon should be thinking of becoming a barrister and NOT his wife! 👏

The only thing is that Ani should have explained it to her in a better way trying not to hurt her sentiments because she is at a very tender age. But he himself is just 22 so I do not entirely blame him for this too. 

Abhi ke liye itna hi baaki ka baad me 🤪

..RiMi.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aishu13

There are a lot of examples in the real world where husbands wanted to get their wives educated. But the main difference between the 2 examples is that in real life, they were not forced into marriage as a last resort to marry a child to save her life. Anirudh’s main conflict when he came to India was the fact that girl children were forced into marriage and from the beginning is was against it. He even explained it to Bondita early on, with flowers and buds I think. But when Bondita asked him what my they got married then and again today he couldn’t do it. He even says today “how happy Bondita is regarding all of this.” But regardless of how she feels, he is feeling sick because he realizes what the “love” society is talking about is, while Bondita is naive and innocent to all of that. We also have to keep in mind, Anirudh is barely 22 at this point. I am 21, and in my final year of engineering I cannot imagine getting married let alone parenting a child so fresh out of college. Yeah both eras are different, totally agree, but your mindset will not change. Anirudh thinks like a hotheaded impulsive student, because that is what he is. He only now is realizing that the world is not as idealistic as him. Do I think Ani loves Bondita, yes he does and cares immensely for her that’s why before now he was so ok with her fawning over him, calling him Paatibabu, and even calling her is confidant. But before now, society was not actively putting them together. In a lot of cases, that society did see her as a child, yes a married women but they treated her as a child. But now the same society that allowed her to go to school freely and play with others, is telling her that her menstruating means she can’t come out of the house and that she is a women now. Kaka and other women are telling she needs to please and love Ani the way a wife would, forgetting that she is still a child. I think Ani exploding will be a fan of the people at the celebration telling him to call her his wife in all regards not just in the fact that they are married. If you see for the times Bondita overtly asked Ani rights of a wife, he had tried to tell her that it is not correct and to not do that, he even does it a couple of times today. But because of her age she is continually doing until Ani reaches his breaking point. The fact of the matter is that Anirudh cannot physically see her as his wife in that regard, he has accepted her as a partner and an immovable person in his life. But he cannot do what society wants him to as that’s completely against his principles, and unfortunately he is going to have to be a little harsh about it.

@Bold - On point! Agreed 👍🏼

Ashley_m thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..RiMi..

What I feel is, that they mixed up Manorama track with this and that is where they went wrong. 

Because for most people it is difficult to see Ani talking and appreciating another girl, while being harsh on Bondita and calling their marriage fake. 

Until I saw the episode yesterday, even I had an impression that Ani is shouting at Bon and demeaning their marriage because of Manorama (Because I had no idea that Ani was aware of Bon being in teenage-love with him) 

Now that I know why he did that, I feel  he is not COMPLETELY wrong. It is not about whether he is accepting her as a 'wife' or not. He had accepted her as a wife long time back, but she was very young and even the society hardly had any expectations from them to behave like a couple. 

But ever since she hit puberty, people have started expecting them to be physically/emotionally attracted to each other as 'Lovers'. Anirudh being a grown up guy will NEVER harbor such feeling for Bondita at this age. But Bon is a teenager and she will be influenced by the society which is what they are showing. 

I am not saying that it is wrong for Bon to develop a crush on Ani, but it is definitely wrong if these feelings affect her studies. Ani is angry at her because she is compromising her studies due to Ani+Bon jaap 🤪 And it is very normal at this age we all have been through it. But guess what, we had our parents to check on us. On the other hand, Bon has no one to tell her that this is not the right age. Instead, the entire society is encouraging her towards it. In such a scenario, Anirudh had to take up the parental role and there is nothing wrong in that. 

Yes this show is based on 1920s and it was supposed to be 'normal' for a teenage girl to fall in couple vaala love with her husband, but does that mean it was RIGHT? Isn't Ani trying to fight against these customs? He said such an amazing thing that Bon should be thinking of becoming a barrister and NOT his wife! 👏

The only thing is that Ani should have explained it to her in a better way trying not to hurt her sentiments because she is at a very tender age. But he himself is just 22 so I do not entirely blame him for this too. 

RiMi, I feel that the problem with most members and fans is that they seem to forget that Ani is just 22 himself, and expect a different level of maturity. People are impulsive at that age, they do find a lot of things awkward to talk about, and most importantly, they make mistakes, and do not always know the right thing to do. Ani will make mistakes, learn from them and move on.

Home786 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

+INFINITE❤️

Munia, I have penned my POV regarding today's episode.. If possible please do give a read, it's my reply to your post too.. 

Here is the link:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/156086624

Home786 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ..RiMi..

Rimi, you said it all beautifully behen...Love reading it❤️

I have penned down my review on today's episode too.. If possible give it a glance... 

Here is the link behen... 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/156086624