SAIRAT SS: THE WEEKEND pt33-pg146 - Page 8

Posted: 3 years ago

I know many of you were hoping that SAIRAT may meet in this chapter, but I think it’s important to set the stage for Samrat and Sai relationship in a way that doesn’t make us question Sai or Samrat later. I felt characters must be given some time to build, also comments helped me fine tune Virat a little too. I hope you continue to show your love to this part too 

PART 3 

“Achaa baba, sorry! Yeh lo, mere family ka photo bhi dekhlo” Samrat shows her a pic from his phone, while Sai mutters “Not fair, unhone meri photo dekhli” Samrat smiles and pulls her cheek, “Arrey haan baba, yeh rahi”. They are seated in the medical college canteen next to each other, peeping into his phone. She smiles at the pic of a group of people who look so happy together. She has always wondered what it would be to be part of a big family. She shakes off her tears, Samrat doesn’t realize them, he stares at the pic smiling too, he misses them and he can’t wait to see them soon. 

She points to the older couple, 

“Yeh tumhare parents hai, aur baaki?”

Samrat points to the others 

“Yeh meri behen Devyani, yeh meri athya Shivani, mere dad ki behen hai, lekin age difference itna hai, ki hum bachpan de hi tai (Didi) bulaate hai.”

“Aur yeh mahashay kaun hai? Jo itna serious hai” she points to Virat

“Oh yeh...yeh mera bada bhai Virat. ACP hai”

“Isiliye itna serious hai?” She teases, 

“Nahi nahi, sirf photo mei, Virat dada ki actually sense of humor bahut achi hai. But haan, apne kaam ko leke kaafi serious hai. Nagpur mei ACP hi nahi, Maharashtra ke special crime branch ke team ka hissa bhi hai”.  He insists 

“Oh wow! Toh kaafi travel karte honge” she wonders 

“Haan..” Samrat replies with pride in his voice. 

Samrat continues to stare at the pic, while Sai observes him

“Aur yeh ladki kaun hai jo selfie le rahi hai” she points to the girl in a very stylish blouse obviously holding a phone camera.

“Yeh Pakhi hai, meri bachpan ki dost, hum saath mei hi bade hue, saath mei khele, saath mei school, saath mei..you know..” he replies hurriedly,

“Achaa?! Tumhari bachpan ki dost ke baare mei pehle toh kabhi nahi bataya”

Sai grins teasingly, Samrat looks on slightly sheepish, slightly uncomfortable 

“Voh hum sab ki bachpan ki dost hai, paas mei rehti hai na, so ..”

And the couple smile at each other...and continue to look at the pic on Samrat’s phone. Sai’s eyes rest on Virat, and Samrat stares at Pakhi’s grinning face. 

Sai looks at Samrat and holds wraps her hand around his folded elbow, and asks him softly 

“Toh kya Tumne Pakhi ko mere baare mei bataya hai,”

Samrat shrugs,

“Batana kya hai? I am sure abb tak Devyani ne pure mohalle ko batadiya hoga. Usse hum apne ghar mei NDTV bulate hai, National Devyani TV.”

Sai laughs, Samrat insists

“Sach keh raha hun, hamare ghar ka unspoken protocol hai, agar koyi bhi secret ho, jo tum kissise share karna chahte ho, lekin sirf ek se, jo kabhi kissi ko nahi bataye, jaake voh baat Viraat dada se kehdo.”

“Achaa.. aur..” Sai very interested. 

“Aur agar koyi bhi baat Aai Baba se kehni ho, lekin darr lag raha ho, toh Ashwini Tai se kehdo. “ Samrat states 

And Sai smiles, continuing for him, “Aur, agar koyi baat sabse kehni ho, lekin khud se na keh pao...toh Devyani se kehdo? Correct?”

Samrat pinches her nose and says “Correct!” “Main jaanta thaa ki sabse intelligent toh tum ho...”

They laugh together. Samrat whispers into her face 

“Tum excited ho na iss weekend ke liye?” 

She smiles and nods, “ Itni dur nahi hai, Kal subah niklenge right?” Samrat nods and holds her cheek and kisses her nose. Someone in the canteen whistles, making them laugh.

As He sits and has a drink with his old friend, retelling his family’s antics, Shivam laughs at his stories, “Ek minute, ek minute, toh tum yeh keh rahe ho ki Aunty ne tere hone vali Vahini ko abhi tak approve nahi kiya, wow! Samrat ke guts ko daag deni padegi.” Virat rolls his eyes, “guts bolu ya stupidity samajh mei nahi aa raha”. Shivam smiles, “Actually, I am not surprised.” Virat looks at him curiously, shivam continues “Dekh, tune apna independence dikhane ke liye, apni kamai se apartment kharidke shift ho gaya, usse bhi toh chance milna chahiye apni independence dikhane ka” Virat refuses to comply and takes a swig of his drink, “Aur kya karta, every time I travelled ya was on a mission, Mom ka rona dhona, it was too much and anyways, Meri independence sirf meri family ko effect kar raha hai, he has promised marriage to a girl, I am not so sure it’s the same thing” Shivam laughs at his friend, “tujhe iss ladki se itni hamdardi kyu ho rahi hai? Maybe they have discussed everything, maybe Samrat ne usse apne pagal family aur Pakhi ke baare mei sab Kuch bol diya hoga, haan Vaise sab Kuch jaane ke baad, phir bhi aa rahi hai, bhai mujhe bhi humdardi ho rahi hai vaise, I hope bechari knows kaise pagal khanne mei pravesh kar rahi hai”. Virat narrows his eyes to his friend who bursts out laughing. Virat yells over his friend’s laughter “Mere beer ke liye bhi tu hi pay kar raha hai”. Shivam continues “Dekh Teri mom itni bhi buri nahi hai, uss generation ko pyaar jatana nahi aata, Tu ghar se nikal to gaya hai, tum dono ka pyaar ek dusre ke liye kaam thodi hua hai!”

Virat says his goodbyes to Shivam who is leaving to go back to Pune by the late night flight, he decides against driving to his parents place and drives back to his home. As soon as he enters his flat, he calls his mom. “Haan, Aai, Mai kal savere aajaunga, Maine dinner Shivam ke saath khaa liya” . His mother seems quite calm given the circumstances, “pata tha Vaise, Ashwini keh rahi thi, ki Shivam aaya hua hai, thik hai, vaise bhi aaj shaam ghar ki safai ho rahi thi, sunn, tera bhai kal 7bajje tak aa jayega, tu bhi aaja, der mat kar. Sab log rahenge toh Achaa lagega”. He smiles at his mother’s words, “Not bad, Aai, uss ladki ke liye kaafi tayariyan ho rahi hai”. Ashwini shakes her head, “rehne de, sirf Samrat ka kamra saaf kiya hai, kitni baar bol chuki hun tere baba se, ki niche ek extension daal ke guest room banate hai, lekin sunte kaha hai. Keh rahe hai Samrat ka kamra hai na”. He smiles and teasingly says “Vaise voh kamra mere aur Samrat ka hai, toh aapne mera hissa saaf kiya so thank you”. His mother doesn’t back down, “Chup kar!! Tera kamra tere apartment mei hai. Yahaa Kuch nahi jaa..” His mother’s uncanny way of dismissing and acting indifferent about his moving away always gets to him. He holds his phone and states “I love you Aai” and she always responds the same way, “Haan haan pata hai, Jaa abhi, kal savere jaldi aaja, thik hai.” He agrees and hangs up.

At around 4:30am, she automatically opens her eyes and enters the bathroom. Her phone lights up with notifications as she is brushing her teeth, it’s an email sending her confirmation that she has been selected for the Eastern Maharashtra belt medical camp, a 6 month program with possible extension, with all expenses paid. She grins through her toothpaste filled mouth, she pumps her fist in the air, and vigorously finishes her brushing. As she wipes her mouth and face with a towel, she gets back to her email. It states that she can register on Sunday evening or email her registration and they will send her all the details and that she can join the next weekend. She walks to the kitchen, her father still asleep. She removes a cup and a bottle of Horlicks from the kitchen cabinet.

At 5am, he is out of the bathroom, fresh, opens his front door and grabs the weekend newspaper. He places it on his small kitchen counter and then fetches a mug and a bottle from the kitchen shelf. He puts water into the mug and microwaves it for a minute, and puts milk to boil. As the milk is boiling, he spoons the powder from the bottle and mixes it in the mug. He pours the boiled milk into his mug and walks to counter and picks up the newspaper, forgetting to close the Horlicks bottle on the counter. An hour later, as he tucks his white shirt into his jeans, and puts on his belt, his phone pings, it’s Shivani Tai 

Tu nikal chuka hai na? Aai pagal ho rahi hai, thodi excited hai. Samrat traffic mei phass gaya hai, lekin aata hi hoga

Nikal raha hun, baba. 

He grabs his keys and shuts his door behind him. He smiles thinking of his family all huddled at the window of the front room waiting for Samrat’s car to come into the driveway and as soon as he drives his jeep into his parents driveway. And there they are, his sisters and his parents at the two windows, he waves at them. His dad waves back and the women yell at him to move his jeep. He laughs and shakes his head and parks the jeep outside the driveway and enters the home.

——-

Please leave a comment 
Next part - Page 12

Edited by columbia - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Romance_addict

Really like all the details you are adding about the family equations.This is shaping up the story and the character's very well.

Now with the background details it will help us in understanding the upcoming chapters and character's reactions better. ❤️

So happy that we dnt have kaku and her gang in this story. 👍🏼

Shivani of your story is same as in the serial -sensible,cool and level headed. 😊

thank you for getting it. Oh I hate Kaku and gang..I kept thinking if I should introduce them in some other way, but they just made the story too crowded and not worth it. I think in 2021, to write such regressive characters is quite stupid, also I would not know how to write such people, i am not conditioned that way at all.  Thanks so much for getting it 

You are just in time for part 3, lmk what you think 💕💕

Beautiful update dear

Loved it 

Waiting for SaiRat first meeting 

Do continue soon

It's amazing very interesting can't wait for next update 😍😍. 

Wow 😳 10 likes and 2 comments! 🥺 

Originally posted by columbia

I want to thank you @blackwind for always supporting each chapter. I really appreciate that. 

“Charming” is the perfect description- I myself could not have put it better. The fireworks will come, but pls be ready for a slow burn. I hope I can meet your expectations. Pls keep commenting 

Don't worry...I am totally in for it...I would rather prefer a slow burn than a fast paced love story😊

sorry for not commenting earlier. i dont know what the problem is but i am not able to connect with the characters. sorry if this comment offends you. dont mean any disrespect.

Originally posted by raji02

sorry for not commenting earlier. i dont know what the problem is but i am not able to connect with the characters. sorry if this comment offends you. dont mean any disrespect.

Not at all, doesn’t offend me at all, maybe it’s this part becos it had Samrat and Sai and that’s possible, try the next part where SAIRAT meet - if it still doesn’t connect, no worries - I will try my best with the next part. 
thanks so much for your comment I really really appreciate it. I admire your candid comment, I really do, I hope the next part is better for you. 

Stop tease us already! 

I wanna know what happens when they meet 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Originally posted by AK_2010

Stop tease us already! 

I wanna know what happens when they meet 🤩🤩🤩🤩

🤣I have not finished writing the part, will write it tonight and post it, 👩🏽‍💻😛