Users

Frequent Posters

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: XxSicMNDVSxX

This was amazing! 

I’m hooked! Please post soon ❤️

Thank you!!! 😭 I shall try to post soon. I'm out of music to follow plus lot of stuff to do this week. 😂 But will update soon-ish. 

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sairat

Dark and beautiful...but please dont show Sai as bechari..

It is! ❤️ 

I won't, don't worry, she isn't a bechari. But I'm actually semi-struggling to plot the story further without having i) someone save her ii) not giving Virat the closure he needs iii) jumping plots. 😂 

Thank you for your comment. 

Edited by AraBearxo - 3 years ago
AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dvmishra

Amazing.. Waiting for more....

Thank you! ❤️ 

chavi12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Read all the parts. Just amazing.. Waiting  for more. Plz plz update 

XxSicMNDVSxX thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Can we spam this thread till you update next? 😛

Waiting ,waiting! 

Little_cupcakes thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

Amazing 👌 pls update soon

AraBearxo thumbnail

This one is for you @XxSicMNDVSxX. I wasn't supposed to post an update today. But got back to writing after reading your sweet comment asking about the update!  

Thank you to all those who like and comment for your lovely comments! I love reading your take on the story. Please do leave your comments. Also, I'm sorry I'm late with the replies. I spend most of my day plotting or writing the story. I'll be in so much trouble when all this procrastination builds up later. 😆

Chapter 6: Mirchi

"Khud khushi karne ki koshish ki hai Sai ne," the doctor had said to Shivani and Aai a few minutes after they sat in the office. "Aap jaante ho iska matlab kya hai," 

"Yeh Sai ki pehli koshish nai hai, Shivani ji," the doctor continued, "Sai ne pehle bhi koshish ki thi," 

Shivani broke into sobs. Aai, who had been the calmer one among the two, asked for more details.

"She tried to induce a miscarriage on herself without painkillers. It can be understood why she didn't have painkillers on her. Maybe she felt she didn't need them. But uski nass katna, that's the problem here," the doctor continued. 

"Have you seen Sai's wrists? Or her legs? The cut marks are fresh. And if I'm not wrong they started a few weeks ago," 

The doctor then pushed forward a file. 

"You are Sai's guardian. These are Sai's medical records. Sai came to the university hospital around seven weeks ago. She had been dozing herself on pai killers. She said she needed a plaster for her leg because she correctly guessed her leg was fractured. Her arm on the hand had not just suffered a sprain, it had been partially dislocated. She had bruises all over her body, which are still present. She had been approximately 12 weeks pregnant then. We had suspected an impending miscarriage or a very complicated life-threatening pregnancy. But the fetus didn't grow. Sai had been obsessed with her fetus growing. I'm guessing the instruction to rightfully terminate the pregnancy and her personal led her to breakdown," 

"But I hope you understand my allegation, Mrs Shinde. These are signs of abuse. And clear indications of domestic abuse. It also hasn't been the first time Sai has shown at university with injuries. Over the past few years, it's habitual for Sai to come to college with an injury or another. Like in any other case, we just assumed that she had been a clutz. But these recent developments, they change the perspective," 

" Cases like Sai's are out of my jurisdiction. And if the university decides, there can be a board suggested to review the case and investigate the case. Of course, evidence proves Sai is a victim of abuse. She has been suggested counselling and therapy several times,"

"And before you interrupt me, Mrs Shinde, Sai's previous injuries, they aren't self-inflicted. Her medical file clearly shows that these have been inflicted on her. Such fractures and dislocations aren't caused by slips but by a significant amount of force that causes the resultant trauma. We can go over this with you. Before you suggest how we proceed with this further,"

The doctor spoke on and on. But Shivani. All Shivani could hear was a blur. There were no words. She wasn't surprised. She couldn't pretend to be. But she'd never known things had been so drastic. Shivani being in shock scared Aai. The days that followed had been a blur. A week in the hospital, Akshay postponing his shoots (before Shivani send him to work still unsure when Sai would wake up), Devi flying in with her husband and baby in tow, Reyansh giving in to Purvi's tantrums, Aai praying, and the constant medications and drugs administered to Sai. 

Sai was malnourished, with multiple injuries, and now on mandatory counselling sessions. Shivani knew she couldn't let Sai go back to the Chavan's instead she would see it as it was - a cry for help. 

~

It had been a week since Ashwini had heard from Shivani. All she'd gotten back was a curt text - Sai is fine. I'm with her. Ashwini understood Shivani's anger. Shivani was mad that Ashwini stayed back with Sai instead of leaving with Devi and her. Ashwini herself didn't understand why she stayed. As the years went, and she observed Sai and Virat, Ashwini knew one thing for sure - their marriage wasn't going to last. Maybe Ashwini saw a younger version of herself in Sai. A version that didn't go through the obstacles she did. Ashwini had wondered if she'd go through the life she did if she married into a household with a good Saas. But she didn't, she had married into a household with Bhavini. The elder daughter in law of the house that craved power and control over everything else. Chavan Niwas held several secrets that remained confined between the four walls of the compound. One of them had been Virat's marriage to Sai. Ashwini wondered if the people in their circle or community even knew Sai after having met her just once in the small close-knit reception they held for Virat and Sai. It wasn't even a reception if Aai had to recollect. It had been a get together that no one attended. It had just been Kamal Joshi's friends who after that day pretended that they weren't acquainted with the Chavans’ or Sai. 

Bhavini had hosted a dinner party for the new army general in town a week after Pakhi's "miscarriage". Like she did with the rest of the family, Bhavini pretended like everything was fine in their family. The house was washed, cleaned and set, the photo frames and other scarce intimate details removed, and everyone instructed to act like what Bhavini called "civilised" creatures. The General that came home that weekend was a man in his late 70's. A reputable figure, stern and rigid, along with his significantly younger wife and a few other colleagues. He was a jovial fellow over a few glasses of fine wine and delicious food. Bhavini had ordered non-veg that evening and Ashwini knew it would be on her to conduct a cleansing puja the next day. 

As the young and older folk ate their food, drank their drinks and were merry a simple thought crossed around Ashwini's mind as she played with the palak paneer she had cooked for dinner. What would Sai be eating? It was a simple thought that ignited panic in Ashwini. Sai's phone was still off, she hadn't been online for days and Ashwini could find no ways to contact her. Sai messaged her once a day. Or maybe once in two days. When Sai didn't feel like talking, which had been a lot recently, she simply declined the call. But Sai disappearing had been a scary thought for Ashwini to process. 

"Kya hua?" Ashwini's husband Ninad had asked. Ashwini wiped away a lone tear. Usually, she would pretend that she didn't hear Ninad. But this time, she gave tried her best to give him a faint smile. 

"Kuch nai, bas yaad aa rahi hai Sai ki. Usko dal palak aur palak paneer bohot pasand hai na," 

Ninad simply rolled his eyes at his wife. There she went again obsessing over her bahu. 

"Aaah, Maza aaya," the General had exclaimed. 

"Tandoori chicken toh Kamal Saab ka favourite tha," he had said. "Tera mentor Virat,  ACP Kamal Joshi. Uski Biwi tog mast banati thi. Hum toh pura hafta rukte the ki Purvi ke kaath ka kahana mile bas," 

"Aap jante hai usse?" Bhawini had asked as she remembered that idiotic cop who ruined her perfect son Virat's life. 

"Jaanta tha? Arre, bohot purani pehchaan hai hamari," he had said. 

"Fauji tha woh humare jaisa," he had smiled. "Phir ek mission pe gaya aur wahi hua jo har jawaan ladke ko hota hai." 

A dramatic pause later, he continued, "Pyaar," 

The general's eyes softened as he recollected his memories. "Purvi naam tha uska. Bohot pohnche hue khandaan ki beti thi. Bhaag ke Shaadi ki thi un dono ne."

"Hum sab bohot gareeb the uss time pe. Mumbai mein ek chote se chawl mein rehte the. Jab Purvi aai, toh Purvi ko paani tak ubalne nahi aata tha. Woh toh kuch kar bhi nai sakti thi."

"Kamal usse bohot pyaar karta tha. Purvi bohot padi. Doctor ki padai puri ki. Phir surgeon bani. Aur jab Maa ban na tha, chal basi," 

"Kamal Saab ne toh apni naukri tak chod di thi Purvi ke liye. Business start kiya tha. He hated it. And jab Purvi ko ehsaas hua, toh Kamal ne police force join kiya," 

"Sab Sai paida hua thi na, Kamal Saab ki beti, toh uski shakal bhi nahi dekhta tha Kamal. Hum sab ki Biwiyaan jaati thi Sai ko dekhne. Aur hamesha bolti thi... Sai toh Purvi ki parchai hai," 

"Phir Purvi ke Aai Baba aaye, uske baad uski woh bhayankar bestfriend Aastha. Pehle toh woh Sai se milne aate the. Sai ko kabhi kabhi le jaate the. Pai Sai toh apne Aaba ka intezar karti thi," 

"Ek din woh Sai ko leke gaye, aur Sai ghar wapas nai aai. Kahi dino tak wapas nai Aai. Woh log Sai ko desh ke bahar leke gaye. Kamal ne pehli baat hum sab se madad mangi. Hum gaye the Sai ko lene," 

"Par Sai toh khush thi apne Aai ke mehel (castle) mein. Uske dost the, parivaar tha, woh sab kuch tha jo Kamal usse nahi de sakta. But Sai ko toh sirf apne Aaba chahiye the," 

"Sai ne apne Aaba ko dekha aur kaha," the General wiped his tear, "Aaba aap aa gaye mujhe lene? Mujhe toh laga aapko Sai nai chahiye." 

"Bohot roya tha Kamal uss din. Bohot lade the hum. Aur jab Sai bimar padi aur sirf apne Aaba ki zid karne lagi. Tab maane Purvi ke pita,"

"Woh bole, Sai ko aap rakh sakte ho. Par hum usse zaroor wapas layenge. Aur 18 saal ke bad kya hota hai, aap ko kaise pata Kamal?" 

"Kamal ko toh hamesha dar tha ki koi uski Sai ko le jayega. Jitna pyaar and laad Purvi ke pita usse karte the, usse bohot zyada Kamal Sai se," 

"Ek aanch bhi nahi aane deta woh Sai par. Usse chal kar kahi Jaane nai deta. Sai ki moushi toh har din uske school ke bahar wait karti thi. And ek police ka chaukidaar Sai ke ird gird (around) ghumnta tha. Na Sai ko kaam aata, na padhai ke ilawa kuch aur. Uske toh dost bhi nai the apne Baba ke ilawa,"

"Kamal ke liye toh Sai kaanch ki gudiya thi. Jo kabhi bhi koi usski zindagi se le jata. Sai ke khone ka darr toh usse hamesha tha. Aisa pita tha woh, jisne apni beti ke liye apni Jaan tak kurbaan ki," the General wiped a lone tea. 

Ashwini wasn't sure if it had been the General talking or the alcohol. 

"Aur aise Baap ki betiyan asal duniya mein bikhar hi jaati hai, Bhavini ji. Aakir unko apne pita jaisa ya pita se zyaada pyaar karne wala koi nai milta," 

"Mujhe toh dar hai, Aastha ka, aur Purvi ke parivaar ka," his wife had countered. "Na woh Sai ko jeene dengi, ya khud jiyengi," 

"Aastha?" Ashwini had asked. 

"Aastha Agnihotri, Agnihotri Saab ki beti aur Siddhartha Raichand ki biwi," the General's wife gritted her teeth, "Usne toh hum sab ki zindagi narq banake rakhi hui hai," 

"Usse khatarnak aurat koi hai hi nai. Purvi ki bestfriend thi woh. Bachpan ki. Aur jab bhi aati thi, Purvi ko le jaane ki koshish karti thi. Sai ko toh usse ne liya tha aur Purvi ke Aai Baba ke paas chood ke aaye thi woh. Apne khud ke bete ko bhi," 

"Ussi ki toh wajah se Sai rukhi thi wahan. Agar Aashta ki marzi ho toh kal hi Sai ki shaadi apne bete se karwale," 

"Saaya hai woh Sai ki," she continued, "Jab Sai 10th mein thi. Toh Aastha anjaan bannke Sai ke school aayi thi. Wahan ek ladke ne Sai ko cheda tha. Aaj tak uss ladke ko na naukri mili hai na uski padhai hui hai," 

"All this weath, power and prestige. True power lies hidden. In people like Aashta and families like hers. Who care nothing of the destruction they pave. That shake governments, corporations and decide the world we live in," 

"Maybe that's why Kamal Saab hid daughter. That even today, four years after his death Purvi's family can't find her," 

"Aise kaise log hai," Bhawini had scoffed refusing to believe their stories. 

"Agar aisa hota toh woh log Sai ko le jaate na," Pakhi had questioned not believing an iota of this story. 

The pipsqueak Sai who only initially fought with words did everything that was asked of her without being asked twice and over a period of time had been tamed by this family. Such high graces of her? 

"Par yeh toh mujhe bhi nai pata, but shayad yeh bhi ho sakta hai ki unko pata nai hai Sai kahaan. Mujhe bhi nai pata hai Sai kahaan hai. Pata nai Kamal Saab ne aisi kya chaal chalayi ki mujhe khud Sai ka kuch ata pata nahi mil sakta."

"But yeh toh pehli ki baat hai. Sai ne toh 4 saal tak abne baba ke paiso ya kisi cheez ko haath nai lagaya tha. But ussne shayad ek mahine pehle apne Baba ke death ke formalities suru ki hai. She's leaving a trail. And trails are easy to follow for those who hunt,"

"Purvi bolti thi ki uske baba aur bhaiyon ke bhaya kar Iss duniya mein koi nai ho sakta," the General's wife had explained

And that thought haunted Ashwini for much longer than it should have. What if Sai was in danger? 

~

A/N Another mostly word building chapter. Probably Virat in the next chapter. My apologies to those who wanted Virat in this chapter. I did write a chapter with Virat. But wasn’t happy with the second half of the chapter. So, I’ll probably keep the first half and continue and bank the second have (coz I want to add cute Purvi-Sai baking or struggling to bake scenes later. xD).

Like, share and comment please - in youtube lingo 😆 

But please do comment on the story. It is very motivating. Also, it helps me rework around the plotholes. And gets those updates coming.

AraBearxo thumbnail

A/N Reposted on the next page.

Sairat thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Great...😍😍🥰🥰 your storyline.It's sairey💖..Sai is a sweetheart who deserves someone like Reyansh😇 and not somrone confused like Virat🤮

Looking forward to next chapter

tina2711 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Goosebumps!!!! My poor Sai. I know its FF but it gave me a chill . Its heartbreaking to see Sai like this. Sai who is so cheerful so graceful has hidden too much pain ...

Excellent update. Please update soon