Originally posted by: Radiant_Eyes_

Wow 

Really nice 

Looking forward to more chapters ❤️

Thank you! ❤️ Will post soon! 

Romance_addict thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I wouldn't say an EMA.I would really want Sai to come out of this namesake and toxic marriage with Virat where this is nothing but just sufferings for her. Then she should move forward in her life with a loving and caring partner. She deserves the world as there are so few people in this world who are such innocent and selfless souls.

Right now what she is feeling is not wrong and she is not doing anything which we can say is morally wrong. We as living being always crave for care,sense of belonging and love.We want that there is atleast one person in our life for whom we are their no. 1 above all. Sai is craving for such a person in her life for long(after her Aaba's death).After her Abba she got a hope in Aai. But that also got shattered amd crushed brutally. 

Reyansh is ray of hope which appears can bring her back from these dungeons of darkness.❤️

And apart from seeing our Sai our dew drop getting her happiness,I also want to see Virat severly suffering for all the pain and hurt he has caused to this innocent soul.

This might be my sadistic side calling but I do not want any happy ending for Virat.

Ambii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I'm reading a dark story after ages !! Totally hooked 

You are doing a brilliant job ❤️

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 5: Tu Chahiye

The flight to the place she once called home was harrowing to Shivani. A failed abusive married followed by a broken love marriage - Shivani knew heartbreak all too well. She had been blessed to be lucky the third time to have found love in Akshay. Akshay hadn't cared about her failed marriage, her ageing body or the fact that she would come to him with nothing to offer. He had said all he wanted was her. And she was he got. They had married towards the third year Sai had come home, a year following Devi and her husband's marriage and subsequent move. Sai had reunited Devi and her husband Chandrashekhar (Shekar) Sen. Devi had started therapy for her consequent mental breakdowns, medication, and slowly picked her life. It had taken a year for Devi to go back to university, graduate the next year and soon welcome her first child. Shivani thanked the heavens every second moment for bringing happiness to the apple of her eyes. But if Devi was her right eye. Sai was her left. Shivani's lifeforce resided in her nieces. Shivani clenched her rudraksha tighter and she prayed harder than she ever did before, her heartbreaking every second as Akshay's staff rushed around the airport to either book a ticket or charter a flight. For once, even Akshay's calming words wouldn't pacify Shivani. 

Shivani calmed down a little bit when Akshay told her that Sai was safe and in the hospital. Safe. Her Sai was safe. Shivani breathed in and sniffled. Safe meant alive. Her Sai was alive. Why did Shivani think of the worst? Because you had been there, Shivani. 

It had taken Shivani years of therapy and a loving family she had luckily married to get over the trauma that was her paternal family. Her maayka. Shivani nodded, still praying, as she breathed in deeper to calm down. She couldn't lose her children. She couldn't have another failed marriage. She called Aai in tears. "Dekho na Aai, Sai ne kya kiya," she had sobbed. To her Aai, Akshay's mother, Sai was like Shivani's daughter. Sai would travel hours by bus to surprise her Bua, spend every second weekend with Devi Tai and Shivani in Mumbai during her training at one of the hospitals there, and Shivani would often call Ashwini vaini and tell her to convince Sai to stay over. Sai would then go on a long road trip with her Shivani Bua to university or fly back with Bua whenever Bua had work related to her business. At both Shivani's sasural and her marital home, Sai had her room with clothes that weren't archaic rags and her independence. With Shivani Bua, Sai had been the spunky 18-year-old, the petulant 19-year-old, the semi-decisive 20-year old, the crumbling 21-year old, the heartbroken 22-year old and now the ambitious 23-year old. Sai was Shivani's little one. Shivani often jokes that Sai was her hidden child she birthed at 18. And Sai nodded and played along. 

Maybe Shivani should have Sai away with her. Maybe she should have supported Sai whenever she rambled about being "chann dino ki mehman" instead of chastising her over the sanctity of marriage. She should have noticed the marriage was going nowhere. The signs were all there. Sai was 19 when she came to Bua one day and asked her about the pill. Shivani had been super excited for Sai waiting to gush all about her Virat-Sai love story. Sai's smile had dimmed when Shivani had mentioned confession or love. A few days later on the way back from the gynaecologist, Sai had just shrugged it off that it was something married couples did. She was his wife, she had said, and everyone had physical desires. It had been a platonic relationship. Sai, instead, joked about it being a trial marriage. 

"Maybe I'll get a divorce after final year, or an annulment," she had joked. "After all, it was a marriage no one wanted, and there are two or maybe three grounds that qualify for annulment. I checked Bua," 

"Then why don't you leave now, Baba," Shivani had asked Sai who was on the verge of tears. 

"Aai, I had promised Aai that I would be a good student," Sai had smiled through her tears. "And waise bhi I had promised that I would stay till I finish my degree. Toh how can I break my promise to everyone, even if they didn't believe in me?" 

Shivani knew the teenage heart a little too well. Like her previously, she had known Sai was waiting for Virat. But when that wait turned into acceptance of something that never was, Shivani didn't know. 

She remembered Sai almost two months ago, in her room in Shivani's sasural as her Saas massaged coconut oil into Sai's hair. "I think I'm in trouble, Daadi Maa" Sai had whispered as Daadi Maa hugged Sai tighter. 

"Sab theek hoga, Sai" Daadi Maa had whispered. 

It took Aai an hour, since the call to Reyansh, to reach the airport. Shivani had broken down in Aai's arms. "Mujhe kuch nai samaj aa raha, Aai," she had sobbed. In the airplane too, Shivani had blamed herself for everything. "I told her. I would be at the hospital. Usse pata tha ki mere doctor ka appointment kuch mahino ke vaad milta hai. Humne Shimla jaane ka bhi plan kiya tha. For her birthday. And Akshay would look over her documents. Akshay aur maine resort bhi boo kiya hai, Aai. Sai ka University dekhne bhi jaa rahe the when we were in the States. Devi tai ka bhi baby bimar hai. Aisa kyun ho raha hai, Aai?" Shivani had sobbed. 

The drive to the hospital was a quiet one. Shivani switched her off. Anyone important who wanted to contact her would reach her through Akshay or Aai. 

As a surgeon-in-training, Reyansh Raizada had seen far too many cases to remember. But he'd never believed one of those would be Sai. His Sai. His Aai's Sai. The Sai his sister was named after. As the only son of a world-renowned neurosurgeon and a celebrity turned business tycoon father, Reyansh had known fame and success at a fairly young age. He had been warned by his mother to never give up his life for his partner, to not follow the footsteps of her best friend Apurva, and mostly to work hard. He had grown up watching his parents troubled marriage fuelled by ambition, fame and power. He had been the Raizada heir. Until three years ago, his parents had decided to welcome another member to their family. Purvi. 

He had been three when Apurva maasi had passed away. He vividly remembered flying to Mumbai with his Aai, the stench of underfunded government hospitals, the move to the private hospital and Aai's panic. It had been placental abruption, followed by a hysterectomy and excessive blood loss. Apurva didn't survive a day after the surgery. He still remembered his Aai's tear stricken face when she left the OR. She couldn't save her. Aai had been with Apurva maasi the whole time. She'd promised to take care of Sai. 

And she did. The beginning years were easy. Aai would visit Mumbai, play with Sai, take care of her and talk to her. She would tell her of her mother's family. And her mother. Sai was too young to remember anything. Then once Sai grew a bit older and could travel, Aai would take her to the United States and a few holidays. Kamal Joshi wasn't a fan of Aai or Aai's attempts to, as he put it, take Sai away. And Sai loved her Aaba too much to care about anyone. One day, Kamal Joshi took Sai and left for a small village in the outskirts of Maharashtra. He refused to meet Aai, Apurva's family or anyone remotely related to his past. He wanted his daughter to stay away from the past. He wanted his daughter to only be his. 

Aai on the other hand blamed herself for what happened to Apurva. She stopped talking to her family, their close ones or him. She met Reyansh occasionally and focussed on her work. Reyansh knew that his Aai and Baba loved him. They were just busy people. His Aai blamed herself for accepting his Baba's rishta. She said if she didn't do that, then maybe Apurva wouldn't meet Kamal Joshi or run from home. She blamed his Baba for pursuing her despite knowing that Apurva loved him. She blamed herself for helping Apurva run away and hiding her location. Aai took to alcohol then. 

Between the fights over Sai between Apurva's maasi's family and Sai's aaba. Reyansh often found himself sitting in a corner with Sai and covering her small ears with his little hands hoping that she would grow up and not remember any of this. Reyansh never met Sai after Kamal Koshi moved away. However, he did offer to accompany Aai to Mumbai whenever she did. He would see Sai when Aai would watch her from afar, often as the treasurer of her school, or chief guests at ceremonies, or any other way. He would then hold Aai as she sobbed her heart out. "She looks so much like Apurva," Aastha would cry. Aai accidentally came to know that Kamal Joshi passed away a year after he passed away. 

She had been heavily pregnant with Purvi then. And when Purvi had been born, Aai said that Purvi bit her lips just like Apurva did. "She has come back to me," Aai had sobbed yet again. Reyansh didn't know how the universe worked but Purvi had been a small version of Apurva maasi. Quiet, obedient, doted on Aai Baba, not fussy, very grumpy during her moments and mostly, she was very attached to him. Purvi also followed her namesake Sai around like a magnet. Always pushing to buy small gifts for Sai, saving bits of her favourite food, wanting to be around Sai, but mostly never letting Sai be alone. It was been as if she'd forgotten him. Reyansh chuckled. 

"You can't follow your dad's footsteps," Apurva maasi had said to him as she fed him his favourite aamras, "You have to follow your Aai and me. Waise bhi, you don't have to be like Aai, you can be like me. Choose neurosurgery, but pediatric neurosurgery. Then if I have a baby girl, I shall make her a neurosurgeon, and then you shall be my damaad,"

Baby Reyansh looked at his maasi, his face all scrunched up. Why did she want him to get married? He was a baby! 

"Apurva," Aastha had chastised, "We can discuss surrogacy," 

"Koi nai, Aastha. You know Kamal and I can't afford surrogacy. And I want to be a mother, even if it's the last thing I do," 

Apurva maasi quit her studies, gave up her home, and moved to shoddy apartment slum for love. And where did it get it? It got her killed. And Reyansh would be damned if he let that happen to Sai. 

~

"Sai Joshi ka family member hai koi?" the staff came out. "Arre, Reyansh Saab. Aap, andar aayiye," 

Reyansh denied. He wasn't sure if Sai wanted him to know her personal medical details neither did he want to pry into her life. As long as she was in safe hands, everything could wait. 

"Sai stable hai ab. But we may need to perform a surgery for which we need family consent," the staff said. 

"Shivani Bua aane wali hai," he simply said. The staff member tsked at his dishevelled state. His face and hair was a mess as was his outfit. His clothes were bloodied as was his phone and everything else. 

"Waise aap aaj call pe ho?" the staff had asked. 

"Nai," Reyansh replied. "Aaj nai," 

Reyansh looked at the phone to get a call from Purvi. He went to the washroom, freshened up, set his hair and covered his bloodied shirt with a blazer before calling back. 

"Kya hua, Puvi?" he asked. "Why aren't you in bed yet?" 

Purvi just grumpily stared at the screen and turned to her Yaya. Reyansh shook his head in negative to her Yaya. "She can talk. She's growing up. She needs to learn to express herself. Don't you, Apurva?" 

Purvi sulked. Reyansh felt worse. He didn't have the heart to upset or chastise Purvi further. He simply said, "Sai tai so rahi hai. Aap bhi so jao. Toh kal jab tum wake up karogi, Yaya ko tang nai karogi, and acche se breakfast karogi, toh mein bolunga Sai tai ko aapko phone karneko. Okay?" 

Purvi looked at him in horror. What did he mean? Wasn't he coming home? Who did he like better than her? Hmph. 

"Bhai," she mumbled in her baby voice. 

"Bhai ko aaj kaam hai, toh bhai tumse baad mein milenge, okay? Jaldi se so jao ab. And no TV or playtime. It's past your bedtime."

Purvi fiddled with the phone for a few more minutes in the verge of tears as Reyansh instructed the Yaya. Maybe he could kill time by shopping for some things Purvi would need for her upcoming vacation. And maybe he could buy something for Sai too. That would cheer both of them up. Purvi more than Sai. But still. 

----

A/N A bit lighter chapter, maybe. I also wanted to establish Reyansh and everyone's ties a little bit. As the red string is getting knotted thoda aur. As I said, this is Sai's story. Don't worry - there isn't anyone coming to save Sai. Neither will anything fall in her lap. I hate, hate, hate those stories. So, of course, this will be as realistic as it possibly can be (minus the medical talks coz Kia isn't medico). Please correct me if there are any corrections to be made. 

I wanted to establish Sai's biological Aai story here. The show (as long as I remember) did not establish that. Sai Aai did seem to be a strong lady and I wanted to give a background to Aaba-Sai dream of making Sai a doctor other than it being another Indian-parent thing.

Also, Sai in spent 4-5 years being belittled in the Chavan Niwas khandaan fighting for her basic rights and having every action of hers questioned. It does eventually get to you. So Sai feeling the way she does when it comes to the Chavan's and her distrust in people makes sense to me. Sai was abandoned by GC wale after Abba died (people who watched her grow up and her family in a way) and has faced much worse in Chavan Niwas. 

Also, I'm starting to feel I update too quickly. 😆 I shall try to bank chapters abhi. 

Please do leave your comments. They are truly the best reads to wakeup to. I love it. They also help the story in the first two pages so other readers can find it and motivate me to continue writing. 

Edited by AraBearxo - 3 years ago
RatiPandey615 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

OMG NOOOO! You're not updating too fast, this is perfect!! 

I am loving your story!! Its high time we give full importance to Sai and appreciate her struggles in that stupid family! I love your storyline! Please keep updating like this- its the right speeed! Your fans love this!

GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Wow 

So glad to read another chapter

I really loved the flow of it

Just wanted to tell you that maybe you messed up Aastha with apurva in middle para

She said if she didn't do that, then maybe Aastha wouldn't meet Kamal Joshi or run from home. She blamed his Baba for pursuing her despite knowing that Aastha loved him. She blamed herself for helping Apurva run away and hiding her location. Aai took to alcohol then.

I’m confused nd intrigued by Rey’s mom & dad now 😆

His dad pursued her mom - they apparently are in good  relationship to have another kid years later so what makes it troubled ? Apurva’s untimely death?

Celebrity turned business tycoon and doctor - Tashan wali jodi lagti hain - I m so intrigued by their story

I want an OS on them  🤣

Anyways before I get lost in their story . Let’s get back to Sai - 😆

I remember some character thinking Sai to be granddaughter of aparna’s dad 😆

So now I guess he’ll get her and Sai will discover more about herself, her mom , her dad and maternal family of her mom -looking forward to it 👍🏼

All these years it was just Kamal -but now she’ll reconnect with her mom 

I loved Shivani’s character nd her relationship with her hubby, in laws and Sai ❤️

Sai - is so young to have physical relationship and maintain marriage 💔- Her marriage with Virat is contractual - idk how she must’ve felt in these years 💔

I know she is consenting adult - but I wish she had a guardian to whom she could share her insecurities with - she lacks a mother figure-aai is there but she’s also her MIL -aastha can help her i guess 

Chavans irk me with their maturity-

A teenage girl - who recently lost her father - grew up without mom - needs care and guidance but they had/ have all sorts of expectations from her 

Such a toxic family - I can’t even express how much they disgust me - poorly written family by makers  👎🏼

Ppl won’t probably like this 

- but I want Sai to discover herself first and realise her dreams than rush into relationship be it with Rey or Virat 

I don’t want Sairat to reunite soo soon

It’s tragic to lose parents - get married at 18- have idiotic evil guys as in laws - uncertain marriage- now miscarriage 

Let’s see how it goes 

And yes - I love stories and shows with realistic approach - makes  it agonising but beautiful ❤️

Do Continue 😳

Edited by Radiant_Eyes_ - 3 years ago
AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: dvmishra

Amazing.. Waiting for more....

Thank you. ❤️ 

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: pratikshaa100

Awesome piece. Keep it up 😍

Thank you! ❤️ 

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

Na re Baba ..I am all for second chances ..said deserves a man who respects her and is supportive of her dreams and does not seem toxicity as trad behaviour..

Maybe for all it is worth Virat deserves that pakhi

Yes, that is true. For the first time, I'm genuinely finding an ITV family too toxic. Maybe because Sai is someone I can relate to as a person. It's too much, tbh. 

Lol, he does. He deserves his two day yoga love here 

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: 7APK

Awesome 😍😘😍😘

Thank you! ❤️