Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Errrantnomad

Just a bunch of things Nisha. Work load's heavy even for this time of the year , so late evenings and then some stuff at home . All parents are leaving home Saturday . Hubs traveling with them too as we Felt  it's better to accompany the elders with all the COVID chaos going on. COVID paper work requirements differs from state to state . Then the airlines require some paperwork as well apart from the regular testing. Went for the RT PCR test within the 72 hr window couple of hrs bk. Hoping the results go well. Then some shopping demands from people back home. A couple of cousins generally go crazy with their demands and it's no different this year too. 

Generally exhausted and a little irrirared, a lot anxious as well....guess I'm just venting. I keep reminding myself to count my blessings but some days get the better of me. 

Break will be great. Wish you a good one too. Happy holidays for all of us.

aww ... virtual hugs. Safe travels to parents and in-laws. Mask, shield, packed food from home - they should be good. Good that your hubby is also traveling with them. Good luck. I know the paperwork is killing and you can’t avoid the anxiety. 

Happy holidays and enjoy the break. 

jaschick thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Oh no Kalpana

Hope all is well. I am waiting for my two week break as well. And waiting for a better more relaxed job where I am not constantly under scrutiny for every key stroke

I am sick and tired of it.

We are all waiting aren't we. I saw a tiktok this morning, which basically said

"Between 20-65 we work more and work longer and be more miserable and feel more pressure, so we can retire at 65 and spend the next 10 or 15 years of our life, mostly chronically ill life in a fun way🤬 

I ask myself what are we doing?

WHY do we take so much crap from people?

If we do 500 things during a work year and screw up on 10, the whole year of good work is never considered sadly.

Yeah I am looking forward to the break greatly as well.👏

Enjoy the well deserved break Nisha.🤗 We all are sucked into some rat race. sometimes as stupid as nityananda’s memes and videos sounds, I’m in a way tempted to break away from everything damn thing and see what’s in that kailasha 😂😂😂 Athu naan Australia pooganum!!!! 

jaschick thumbnail

My days have been a bit crazy too. Year end work, planning / budgeting for new year, on top of it, we got snowed in and the snow thrower decided to break today. Exercise for rest of the year is done with all the shoveling. 

Kalpana - seriously thinking of moving over to your side of the states. Bones are hurting. 

I start my break Christmas Eve. Waiting for the break to sit down, chill and relax 

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Darkest Insecurity & Greatest Pride

Smrita texted her two days later, out of the blue as Anu was braiding her hair and she was stuffing breakfast on her face

“Umm.. MAAAA” she scowled

“U want a French braid par baal brush nahi karti ho tum” Anu was super gentle cringing when her brush got stuck in a knot

“Well I am never asking for one again… ouchie auchie, auchiee” she groaned

“You need to let oil soak, fever ke baad baal jharte hain beta”  Anu  leaned and kissed her scalp

“Hang on” Viveka stopped her mother

“Hello Viveka this is Smrita Parashar”

“Oh! Hi!”

“Are you busy?”

“My mother is braiding my hair I am getting ready for work”

Her chest was pounding she expected bad news

She imagined Smrita typing

“My son wanted me to tell you he doesn’t want to see you anymore”

Her face heated up

“Kya hua? Kaun hai beta”

“Umm.. just work” she said

She didn’t want Anu to get riled up, she was applying for a Program Director job today and was going to meet with the VP of Engg for lunch

“Is Mrs Gulati back?”

“November 15 Ma”

“So ek mahina and kuch din?”

“Jee”

Viveka wasn’t even admiring her reflection in the 8 feet tall wall mirror

“I am going to get ready, will you pick up Naina? She said she has swatches of laminate and wall paper, she cant do Metro tonight?”

Naina had lost her license recently and was still sulking so no one could talk her into getting a new one

“Diya?” Viveka turned to her mother

She is going to her friend Purvi’s house”

“Chalo theek hai, did u tell her no drugs?” Viveka laughed

“I am just packing her fave ones with her” Anu laughed

They all needed some laughs, Garima Chachi and Dadi ganged up and went off to complain to Bua and Papa had to intervene and let Anil Chachu have it

He was so upset he sent his wife home

He tried not to show it but he was sad Anu believed Garima was beneath her

Anu had never done that

But with Dadi around there was no use of any rational thought

Savi Bua was not talking to Papa the last week or so

Dadi never left Delhi peacably, it was always some drama

This time she wasn’t leaving until Harshu’s wedding, so no hope for freedom yet

Viveka went to the balcony and texted Smrita

“I have a class until 2, would you like to meet for coffee?”

“Yeah, my driver will pick you up and bring you to the Leela Palace coffee shop” “do you know where it is?”

“I do” Viveka sent a smiley

“well then… see you?”

“BTW I cant… (erase) I have the car today I can get there so don’t worry about the ride”

“Are you sure?”

“yes”

“U will just waste petrol”

Nice!! Viveka chuckled

Glad she didn’t share that with Anu

Anu would have blown up like a  militant controlled oil well in Middle East

To assume Mathurs could not afford Rs.500 in petrol? Nice

Viveka shook her head and picked up her stuff, dadi was sulking too

Viveka had told her last night “Jab shaadi ka date niklega Dadi aapko first bataoongi”

Dadi had told her off saying “How can bride pick a date?”

She had countered with “Oh well, BRIDE has a JOB”

Dadi had said something smart Alec-y about Anubha’s career

Viveka had said “Boys and girls are equal and must be allowed to get a job”

That was it, it was another argument and that’s it!

Viveka drove to Leela after texting Smrita “My office hours just ended I can get there by 4 PM will that work for you?”

“I think so” she said snottily

Viveka arrived around 3:35

She didn’t dress up, she was already wearing her work saree a gorgeous magenta Dabu print saree paired with a lemon yellow striped contrasting blouse. Her French braid made her appear like she was 18

She asked the guy at the lobby for the coffee shop “which one?”

Viveka texted

“The Lobby Lounge” she was told

The usher knew where to bring her

Smrita got up in an affected way

Dressed in a GORGEOUS raw silk blouse and skinny jeans, she looked every bit like Raanav’s mother

“Good genes” Viveka sighed followed by a “Uffff” mentally

“How are you” Smrita sat back down and assessed Viveka visually

“Great thanks… exhausted but great”

“You’ve lost your voice”

“Well you didn’t meet me a week ago…. I was mute”

“Oh really?” I would have loved to”

Smrita tried it as a JOKE

But the mockery was inescapable

“Yeah, My Papa panicked”

“Kya karte hain aapke Papa?”

“Oh? Umm… he is the GM operations for Delhi Region, he recently took on the Fraud portfolio?”

“Where?”

“Oh sorry SBI”

“Is it a bank?”

“Yep” Viveka smiled amused

It was extremely hard to rile her up

Smrita did not know that

“how is your Mom?”

“Great” she nodded

Silence!!

Viveka checked her phone

“KIDHAR HO?” Akash texted her after snooping on her whereabouts on Life360”

“Aakar batata hoon” Viveka sent a smiley face

“OHHHHHH samjha… date” he sent back sappy romance emojis to tease her

Smrita looked up hoping Viveka would be nervous and eager to end the silence

Viveka was leaned back and texting with a smile

“Where do you work?”

“Oh? I am moonlighting as a temp Lecturer at JNU, filling in for a medical leave faculty, I conduct Econ research and I am trying to start up an NGO”

“Oh, like selling bags and shoes?” Smrita showed off her “charity knowledge”

“And rugs and scarves and sarees” she laughed

“Nice…. Do you make enough money?”

“Oh… no… “I” don’t make money Its for the craftsmen and women”

“Tumhara bhi help ho jaata hoga I mean in Delhi these days, its not enough to have just ONE job”

“U are right, that’s why Ma works too”

Uh oh!

Smrita’s darkest insecurity and Viveka’s greatest pride were about to clash now

Nisha0604 thumbnail

OMG! Jas I ve been watching tiktok videos of people digging themselves out of 4 FEET of snow in upstate NY

Holy cow!!

Holy heck!!

I am sooo sorry. We have never bought any such equipment, we got 15 inches one year 2017? I think they called it snowmageddon

I am sure I would want to move too

We already want to move to some place warm

Ya we need to ambush Kalpana

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yep! You girls do that! Lot of buzz, lots happening, big guys and their exodus. More the merrier 😊I saw couple of my cousins who posted their porch videos of snow. Looks good from afar . I'm sorry, I know it's not easy  for for the bones and back. You don't need more work on your plate, as full it is already. Meh! I love moderate winters... nice close to subzero like Delhi! I am a winter person so not a big fan of Austin summers . Real estate market is getting out of hand . Been looking for a kutti investment pad now for over a year now that daughter loves it downtown , onnum mattala. Then we kind of sleep on it only to take a relook and find out that it's gone up even more. 

Errrantnomad thumbnail

"Dressed in a GORGEOUS raw silk blouse and skinny jeans, she looked every bit like Raanav’s mother

“Good genes” Viveka sighed followed by a “Uffff” mentally

“How are you” Smrita sat back down and assessed Viveka visually

“Great thanks… exhausted but great”

“You’ve lost your voice”

“Well you didn’t meet me a week ago…. I was mute”

“Oh really?” I would have loved to”

Smrita tried it as a JOKE

But the mockery was inescapable

“Yeah, My Papa panicked”

“Kya karte hain aapke Papa?”

“Oh? Umm… he is the GM operations for Delhi Region, he recently took on the Fraud portfolio?”

“Where?”

“Oh sorry SBI”

“Is it a bank?”

“Yep” Viveka smiled amused

It was extremely hard to rile her up"

The word Undercurrents doesn't cut it here. It was hilarious to read. I could literally feel the conversation, tone and the general air around the coffee table thumping through my veins. 

SBI?!! Is it a bank!!!! Too much😆. She needs to be given back .... a taste of her own medicine. Ha Ha. 

Last three weeks , my MIl and my dad have been struggling with their life certificate submissions sitting here calling their branch manager at Sbi and other banks . Hubs did three four rounds to the notaries here for that paperwork and nothing got accepted . I actually was thinking of tapping on Akash to make it easy on seniors stuck abroad because of COVID. Ha Ha. Kidding!!

Now Akash has to hear that Mrs. Parashar exhibited her feigned ignorance on sbi and such kind of banks and so called ineffective non producers . 

This was hilarious writing , loved the sarcasm and cynicism, highlights the plane they are on.Well done Nisha.👏

Edited by Errrantnomad - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Our girl will end up giving Smrita an inferiority complex. Smrita has no idea that she is about to be steamrolled. She will not know what hit her.

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Coderlady, Kalpana

Yes, she is mature, grounded and secure. Its not easy to humiliate Viveka. It will be interesting to Smrita being countered

Errrantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaschick

Enjoy the well deserved break Nisha.🤗 We all are sucked into some rat race. sometimes as stupid as nityananda’s memes and videos sounds, I’m in a way tempted to break away from everything damn thing and see what’s in that kailasha 😂😂😂 Athu naan Australia pooganum!!!! 

Did you watch that Australia kailasa forward? 😆That's a great entertainer. Basically Garuda is Indonesian airlines and I'm informed by an ardent follower of Swamy 'Nutty'ananada that  NZ has a couple of islands and It's pp is ranked high on travel freedom index. This guy is too smart for his own good.