P&P Part II - Page 21

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I mean it’s nice to send the care baskets....but leaving her so distraught when her family had left and she is sick? If you want to be with her so much, you should try to stay with her when she is feeling like crap.    🤔

I think the Parashars would be pretty surprised to find out that both Anu and Aakash have major concerns with this marriage happening to the point they want to talk Viveka out of it. 😆

His texts are so carefully worded about Naina, they are almost lawyerly and non committal.  😔  

Edited by kalavathi5 - 3 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Spot on Kala!

Its not a Hindi movie right? I mean he cannot be kumbaya a second after falling in love with Viveka. At his core he is still a wealthy arrogant man disrespectful and nasty about people who dont belong to his social and economic class.

Viveka is going to struggle to come to terms with her choice

jodha111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Why Viveka only need to struggle . I agree it’s only women who make all adjustment in marriage but can’t he go through the journey of understanding and changing his thought process ..In ideal world Viveka stands right so person who should struggle and learn should be Raanav but do we live in ideal world no ..Uff 

jodha111 thumbnail

NIsha you use to update a little early before but from last few update are coming 1-2 hour later hope we will go back on previous timing as it’s get to midnight here

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

At least he is willing to consider that Naina might not be as wrong as he thinks. Otherwise his gift basket would be nothing short of a bribe.

On the other hand, didn't the talk between the sisters thaw the ice between them? Naina is still throwing the attitude. Comparing her trip to Jaipur to Raanav's visit just shows that she doesn't quite get it.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Mothers & Marriages

She got better went back to work the next week, did not call him everyday like most engaged people do. He might have been busy too, Over the weekend he checked on how she was doing and if he could come see her

She told him she had family visiting, Anil Chachu and Garima Bhabhi showed up to check on Dadu and Dadi

They found out from Bua that Viveka is betrothed  so to speak and fought with Anil as to why they were not told, why Anil was not Akash's favorite, and why Akash pushed Anil away so cruelly

Dadi added fuel to the fire as usual

“Bohot paise waale hain, us din hamari Biveka ke liye kam se kam 10, 20 hajaar ka samaan ek tokri mein bheja raha ladka”

“Kahan se pakda Bhabhi? Garmia asked enviously

“Pakda nahi Garima, Savi Bua ke ghar dekha usne isko aur shaayad propose kar diya”

It could have been left at that

But nope

Dadi had ti butt in

“Us din khaane pe bulaaya isne unko Ma to AAYI NAHI, bas bada ladka aur  pita.. baat to bade karenge ki nahi?”

If she was not related to Dadi Anu could have done something bad

But she grit her teeth and just continued to spread clothes to dry in the balcony off the twins’ room

“Love marriage hai kya bhabhi?” Garima was nosy

“Umm.. love to pata nahi”

“Arey Anu… Garima devraani hai, kehti kyon nahi” Dadi was suddenly all about Rishta parivar and such

“Garima hamey Harshu bataye raha ki aisa bhi kuch hai”

“Of course” Anu turned away exasperated

“OHHHH LOVE MARRIAGE hai Bhabhi” Garima was suddenly satisfied with the math of it

“Theek hai devrani jethani mein muqabla theek hai koi koi baat mein, par jab bachon ke maamle mein” Dadi explained rules of conduct

“Ma GARIMA se kya muqabla?” Anu laughed

Garima worked as a private school teacher

“Haan aap sahi keh rahe ho” Garima mumbled

“Chhoti hai, iske to dono bete hain,” Anu stacked all of Garima’s advantages

But of course MIL made everything toxic

Garima some how felt she was less

“Aap bas yeh keh rahe ho main aapke barabar kin ahi na” she began to cry

Anu was absolutely shocked

“Arey kya keh rahi ho?”

“Bhabhi aapka makaan yaha dilli mein itna bada hai, aap bahar desh jaate rehte ho, bache aapke sab English bolte hain”

“Garima”

Dadi hugged Garima and led her to Naina’s room

“what the hell just happened?” she looked at Akash who stopped by asking her where his car keys were

Akash chased after his mother angrily

She grabbed him and pulled him into the master bedroom

Viveka was drying her hair in the master bath

She heard everything that was being narrated

She stepped out with a smile

“I am happy this thing is bringing out the best in all of us” she mumbled sneezing again because of the wet hair

Anu was ashamed

“You know how it is” she chuckled feeling Viveka’s forehead

“See what one hottie does to all of us?” she smiled hugging her mother

Akash sat in bed and leaned back with a sigh

“Main Monday ki chhutthi kar leta hoon, tum jao office”

“Arey nahi I haven’t taken much time off this year” Anu responded

“Do it after everyone leaves” he griped

“Iski shaadi ke baad hoga” Anu handed her a hair brush

“Kab karni hai beta batao” he teased bringing up the calendar on his ipad and turning it around to show

She got butterflies and fireflies in her stomach..

Physically emotionally he shook her each time “Theres this boy” the insta quote came to mind

“I have 4 classes tomorrow, then I will go to the DU Library and then be home by 8 ish”

“Gaadi finally theek ho chuki hai, lekar jaaogi?” Akash shook the keys

“No Papa, Metro le loongi

“Are you wearing one of those hand crafted sarees?”

“Or maybe something simple until the cough goes away?” she laughed

“Kab karogi shaadi?” Akash smiled

“I DON’T KNOW… I have to talk to him” she found herself blushing

Anything about him sent her heart rate soaring

“Kis baare mein?” Akash teased

“We never really got to… umm.. talking about some things” she mumbled not saying Naina

Akash noticed the sudden severity in expression

“Sometimes you don’t want the MIL in the picture beta, see what my mother is doing?” he laughed hysterically

He assumed Viveka was worried about Smrita

“You are so awful Papa”

“Akash… DOOSRE kamre mein hain Anil aur Garima”

“Sorry yaar I had to get it out of my system”

Monday came and went, she had an awkward meeting with Abhishek to get the article

He didn’t insist on chai she didn’t either

Tuesday Raanav asked if she would be willing to meet for lunch, she told him she was teaching

He met her outside the camus as she was about to take an auto to the Metro station

They went to the nearest coffee shop in Saket

“How many paperbacks have you read?” he asked with a big grin

He always looked good enough to eat she realized

Better than any fudge brownie or gulabjamun

Dressed in slate blue pants and a whitish cotton shirt with  almost faded navy sprinkles

He was not happy her voice was only back 30% ish

“Not one” she smiled

“Ah” he nodded

“Just don’t bring it on the honeymoon” he watched her color climb

“U are just afraid I might compare notes”

“I will give you the real deal for that” he muttered silkily talking about the Ka---tra

“I like words” she whispered

“Thanks” he took it as a compliment since he was a lawyer

“Nobody knows what we are upto” she whispered staring around

“I don’t care” he leaned, his elbows on the table his chin resting on the back hands

“Do you think we can be happy long term?” she asked softly with her signature composure

His eyes registered the shock of the change in topic

“I do” he said firmly

“Tumhe kaise lagta hai yeh baat?” she asked looking into his big brown eyes

“Gut?” she asked trying to not look too deep into his eyes

“I try not to be swept away by cognitive illusions Viveka” “Gut can betray you, (so I usually rely on) material support, gathering data”

“A lawyer and a statistician” she chuckled

“Laugh at me” he goaded her his nostrils flaring with mischief

“Mujhe lagta hai…” she lowered her gaze

He reached out and tried to grab her hand

She trembled with a “Uffff” and allowed it after a quick struggle

“You are very bad on my emotional and physical health” she chuckled

“Is this about Naina?” he asked grimly

She looked up at him startled

“I see how you struggle to afford her any compassion Raanav I cannot squeeze it out of you”

“so it is about Naina” he leaned back with her held hand

“I don’t know a clear thorn free path”

“If I apologize to you will it help” 

“Pata nahi” she groaned

“is there something else on your mind?”

“My parents are afraid to approach the topic with your parents, they feel your mom is not on board, I am part of a close knit almost joint family Raanav” “I know its our life, we shouldn’t be worried about who loves us and who hates us, but for my parents its important I go to a family, or marry a man who mother doesn’t hate me”

“she doesn’t hate you” he bristled defensively

“You can be generous” she nodded matter of fact

He expression stiffened

She gently pulled her hand away

“I don’t know how I can imagine a life with you and visualize a situation where I don’t even talk to her”

Their coffee arrived

“We should get married and she will eventually come around” he said firmly

“that’s a bad way to start”

“It’s the only way”

“Does she think I will leave you alone in a year or two?”

His face colored

“Oh” “I I cant… I  wont be able to do that” she stuttered

“thanks” he nodded overcome with emotion, his stormy eyes conveying what he thought about a meaningless quick marriage

“the longer we talk about this the more pointless it will be, lets get married, things will fall into place” he enticed her

How can she say no to those eyes

“When I argued with you in Bua’s library I wondered what you would look like if you went after something passionately”

“Now you know” he whispered flashing his perfect smile

“Is the deal called off if we don’t have my Mom’s approval?” he asked intently

“Would you be able to do get married with out her?” she tossed it back to him

“I would” he said firmly

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
jodha111 thumbnail

Thank you NIsha for update early.

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

“Is the deal called off if we don’t have my Mom’s approval?” he asked intently

“Would you be able to do get married without her?” she tossed it back to him

“I would” he said firmly

He is trying to seal the deal at whatever cost. He is piling the pressure on Viveka

Edited by jaschick - 3 years ago
hatelove2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Typical middle class family drama. You have described it so well. Viveka is so spot on about his Mom. Is Rannav afraid that Viveka will chahe her mind. All he cares is to get married. I wonder what’s going on in his mind. 

kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Is he really ready for a runaway marriage and its consequences ??  😲 While he doesn’t come across as a truly traditional guy, he certainly doesn’t come across as a rebel.  Interesting little character twist you threw in there Nisha😊

Or is he so afraid that if Viveka gets to know his mom, she will run far far away?😆